***THE MAIN BOARDS - Welcome to the Prison Planet Educational Forum and Library*** > PP Forum Journalism

This room is for anyone to write their own article

<< < (2/8) > >>

the general:

--- Quote from: EchelonMonitor on October 15, 2007, 07:15:08 pm ---I would really like to see some some completed original articles posted in this thread--do people have trouble reading writing or what?

--- End quote ---

yes

tehowe:
Ok, here goes...

tehowe:
Well... I tried to post something of my own but forum posts are limited to 20k characters. That's a bit short for essays. But the attenuated versions have links to the rest of the article. These are my modest contribution to the Infowar.

Anyways, hopefully this will whet our appetites... let's get out to the reference libraries, let's get those camcorders on the streets, and break through the media blockade! Prison Planet journalism, take to the streets and let's do some writing. Forget the National Novel Writing month, there's more important work to do.

Don't want to do journalism or write non-fiction essays? How about some fiction that exposes the power elite? A short story contest?

We can't let Aaron and the Watsons have all the fun, can we? =)

Dig:

--- Quote from: tehowe on November 05, 2007, 12:35:59 pm ---Well... I tried to post something of my own but forum posts are limited to 20k characters. That's a bit short for essays. But the attenuated versions have links to the rest of the article. These are my modest contribution to the Infowar.

Anyways, hopefully this will whet our appetites... let's get out to the reference libraries, let's get those camcorders on the streets, and break through the media blockade! Prison Planet journalism, take to the streets and let's do some writing. Forget the National Novel Writing month, there's more important work to do.

Don't want to do journalism or write non-fiction essays? How about some fiction that exposes the power elite? A short story contest?

We can't let Aaron and the Watsons have all the fun, can we? =)

--- End quote ---

You can use multiple posts (20k each post in the same thread).  I would be interested in reading your work.

Update: tearing the veil, reading it now (and linking the threads)!

tehowe:
Thanks Sane, I appreciate that. You know, one of the most interesting parts of the process of doing original research for an article is the process of discovery. Being in a reference library is basically the same process as using Google, only it takes a bit longer. The advantage is that there's such a wealth of stuff that (despite Google's efforts of years past) is just not available online, and perhaps never will be. You can find great stuff that no one has really quoted before, find your own connections, go off on new tangents. This is especially important if we're to branch out and avoid just rehashing the same quotes over and over. I was fortunate to find some great stuff about the Panopticon, and a book written by one of the British wartime radio monitors, a guy whose job it was to just sit and analyze the Third Reich's propaganda.

Gombrich, E. H. (1970) Myth and Reality in German War-Time Broadcasts.
     London: University of London, The Athlone Press

Check this out:

“I should like to propose that what is characteristic of Nazi propaganda is less the lie than the imposition of a paranoiac pattern on world events… In the sense in which I use it (paranoia) here it is rather the pathological magnification of a reaction to which we are unfortunately only too prone, because it is rooted in the given contrast between me and them. I am, of course, good and right and I work as hard as I can, and if my wishes remain unfulfilled this must be due to them. … forbid any expression of doubt in the paranoiac myth and you will automatically foster the tendency to what psychologists call regression, a back-sliding towards the more primitive habits of mind which Le Bon attributed to the crowd. The language we speak is imbued with myth, and so we return with ease to the animistic reaction of turning abstractions into living entities and classes or nations into mythical beings.”  [16] (14, 21)

That's money. Or, gold, rather.  :D From a rich mine.

There was a book that was really rich in information about what Alex would call 'Trauma-based Mind Control'

Pyszczynski, Thomas A., Greenberg, J, Solomon, S. (2002) In the wake of 9/11: the psychology of terror.
     Washington: America Psychological Association

“[Adult's] security base must broaden to something bigger than their parents: something large enough to provide protection from these bigger threats … the child consequently shifts the basis of his or her psychological security from maintaining a sense of value in the eyes of the parents to maintaining a sense of value in the eyes of the culture at large and its deistic and secular representatives.” [9] 26-27

(The implicit assumption here is of a pre-existing collectivist culture.) They then go on to say that threats of terror, basically, put you in a regressive state - just like the commentator on Nazi propaganda said! So you go crying to mommy and daddy, or whomever has the biggest guns.

So, yeah. I guess my point is a fairly obvious one - if we all do our own research and share our findings with each other, then the 'infowar' will be richer and more diverse for it: start your personal revolution now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version