Author Topic: High Cap Batteries?  (Read 4600 times)

Offline personguy

High Cap Batteries?
« on: March 09, 2009, 04:43:30 pm »
Has anyone here heard anything about High Cap Battery tech or theory? Seems like something that would be suppressed but I haven't seen much on it..

Damascus

Re: High Cap Batteries?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 12:22:11 pm »
Check out candlepower forums they are pretty good on the technology side of things. A member is ripping out “Emolis” from Milwaukee 24v drill packs and selling them to members as they aren't available on the market in "cell form". They are 4.2v cells that can handle 30A of discharge and I believe they have no memory effect. “A123s” are also pretty good but have reverse polarity on the terminals. Look up “Lithium-ion polymer” battery's as that is also a developing technology.

Offline Gandalf

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 08:32:24 am »
Like the "supercapacitor". I don't know if that is for real or if the inventors are just saying stuff about how great it could be but haven't been able to build it yet.

Offline Femacamper

• TRUNEWS
    • TRUNEWS
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 05:19:45 pm »
I don't have that, but I did get a solar charger.

Offline Femacamper

• TRUNEWS
    • TRUNEWS
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 07:39:13 pm »
Look into building an insulation system to minimize amperage loss if you're not using the batteries frequently or even if you are.
I'm currently planning to build a wind powered generator but the initial investment in batteries won't be cheap!
What will you use it to power?

I think I need some converters...it runs 6V, 7.2V and 12V.