Author Topic: Humour at the expense of "The Secret"  (Read 3552 times)

Offline Pupil

• Galactic Defender Zik!
Humour at the expense of "The Secret"
« on: October 04, 2007, 08:23:46 am »
From the web comic Holy Bibble (http://holybibble.net/)

Source for frame two:
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=72C0E84D-E7F2-99DF-3D281803B61E675C&chanID=sa006&colID=13
"The (Other) Secret - The inverse square law trumps the law of attraction"

Incidentally, if you've ever flipped through the book, notice all the NWO esoteric symbolism in it. It's in the lobby at my chiropractors office, and I got a kick out of seeing it sitting next to books about the dangers of vaccines.

Offline psholtz

Re: Humour at the expense of "The Secret"
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 03:45:06 am »
At first glance I thought the nerdy guy was Bill Gates..

The "original" version of The Secret was a book written in the 1930s by a man named Charles Haanel called "The Master Key"..

Bill Gates credits this book w/ making him a billionaire..

The "secrets" involved in such systems are both true and potent, but as w/ all things, they require practice and persistence to bear fruit into manifestion down here in the physical world of form. The version of "The Secret" being sold widely now is, also, a heavily watered down version of the original, and there is much that is lost in translation. I would recommend sincere students to Haanel's original (and to some of Haanel's other followup work on the subject), rather than the version currently in stores.

Offline Improperlatin

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 11:47:58 pm »
I think the "original" version of the Secret was "Thought Vibration: or the Law of Attraction in the Thought World" by William Walker Attkinson (1908)

I hadn't heard of the one from the '30s, I'll check it out.  Thanks!  Nice comic as well!

Offline PolSymtas

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 02:11:34 am »
Who said the frequency had to be electrical?

:o I don't believe I kind of defended the secret, I feel dirty!  :D

Offline NEPB

• Renagade
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 06:49:31 pm »
 :D Ah hahaha. I like frequency, but i hate when people are like...  If you believe in something "positively" it                                         
it becomes reality.   Most people tell me thats al there is to it. i don't really believe in the 'secret'. I like good old fasioned elbow grease to get stuff done, and i'm a spiritual artist going to art college.

Thanks for the thoughts...   also Tesla is my learned master on frequency.

peace ;)

Offline psholtz

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 01:31:41 am »
I think the "original" version of the Secret was "Thought Vibration: or the Law of Attraction in the Thought World" by William Walker Attkinson (1908)

I hadn't heard of the one from the '30s, I'll check it out.  Thanks!  Nice comic as well!

Interesting...

Yes, I wasn't aware of Attkinson's work but after reviewing it briefly it's nearly identical in style to Haanel's work. What I like about Haanel, though, is that he gives each one of his lessons as a collection of 25-30 simple, easily-memorized sentences. Makes it extremely easy to study and memorize.

Attkinson's style seems more prose-like.

Still.. from studying Haanel (and I would imagine Attkinson), it's clear that the "origins" of this Secret are lost back in the mists of time. It's a "secret" that's as old as humanity.. Haanel frames much of his teachings as expositions of Biblical doctrines, etc... soo it's probably impossible to say who the "original" author of the Secret was..