Author Topic: What good can a handgun do against an Army?  (Read 31934 times)

Offline citizenx

Re: What good can a handgun do against an Army?
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2010, 10:25:26 pm »
I don't know about realism, but maybe you have a diferent constitution in Norway. (Do you like Ibsen?  That's realism.)

Fine, no tanks within 500 feet of a school.  Is that reasonable?

As for overthrowing governments:

I would not sugggest taking on the U.S government with just handguns, for example.  They have these big flying things called C-130's that can drop these other things called "air fuel explosives" for instance.  They are not much problem if you are not flammable and don't care for breathing.

Good luck with all that.

(You see, I'm a bit of a stickler for realism myself.)

No, it was not necessarily "A Modest Proposal".

Offline mad_norwegian

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2010, 10:35:45 pm »
So you think they will slaughter 300 million americans with C-130's and get away with it? Any americans surviving it would hunt them down to the last corner of the globe to cut theyre heads of and put it on a stick, and the entire world would applaud it. Humans are more difficult to eradicate than cocroaches, and i doubt they will find soldiers to do a job like this.

The best they can get away with is concentration camps for a limited group of people and then threaten the rest of us in line with 2-3 trusted and armed KGB or gestapo-officers in every small village, like they have done here in europe. I think i know more about this than you do. My grandparents lived under the rule of nazi-germany, and allthough aryans and treated well considering the circumstances, i have lost relatives in the war aswell.

Offline citizenx

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2010, 11:30:21 pm »
So you think they will slaughter 300 million americans with C-130's and get away with it?
No, I think we can defeat them, but not with handguns, and (perhaps) not with violence at all.

Offline mad_norwegian

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2010, 07:07:10 am »
No, I think we can defeat them, but not with handguns, and (perhaps) not with violence at all.

Handguns like pistols? No. Rifles? Yes. The US have used all theyre millitary might against afghanistan and iraq exept the use of weapons of mass destruction, and yet they are pulling out and theyre enemies are winning. I see no C-130's winning the day there. And the technology the talibans use are far below what most americans have access too.

The fact is, if the government has no reason to fear its people, it has no reason to listen to them. One of the first signs of a totalitarian regime is that your leaders start to resist you having firearms. Firearms make you less dependent on the government and in positition to resist the plans they have for you, they dont want that. Power corrupts, and its a constant struggle to obtain balance between the people and theyre servants, that have now made themselves rulers. People belive in the constitiution, free speech and democracy. Do you? Well the constitution is not worth the paper its written on if the people does not have the means to put force behind the words that are written there.

In europe, we dont have any 2 amendment. I think you know what that has resulted in here. If it wasnt for the US and theyre help in bringing that plague to an end, we would be invaded by the soviet union and to this day look something like north-korea.

Offline citizenx

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2010, 07:42:06 am »
Who is saying people shouldn't be able to have firearms?

Offline mad_norwegian

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2010, 09:36:39 am »
Who is saying people shouldn't be able to have firearms?

I thought your "point" here was to ridicule the 2 amendment.

So you aknowledge the importance of civilian ownership of firearms?

Offline citizenx

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2010, 04:36:02 pm »
MY point was never to ridicule the ammendment, only to see to it that it was enforced.  It makes no mention of what kind of arms an American ought to be able to bear.  It is simply silent on that point -- one way or the other.

Therefore, perhaps that should be left up to the states under our form of government.  Any powers NOT specificaly granted to the federal government under our system are supposed to return to the states.  I say suposed to since this aspect of our constitution in D.C. is routinely ignored.

Now should individual states have the right to restrict what kind of weapons an individual should be able to possess in America?

Well, that is quite a different question, right?

Offline mad_norwegian

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2010, 12:42:25 pm »
In the context of the 2 amendment as far as i see from my overseas perspective, its ment firearms that has a millitary value. Semi or full autos, sniper rifles, handguns. The same sort of equipment an infantry soldiers has, and we can own up here, until the year 2000, registered but without any backgroundcheck (got enforced trough the schengen-treaty).

Offline citizenx

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2010, 04:02:03 pm »
And that is the way it has been interpreted here, but it is not clear the founding fathers necessarily meant that someone couldn't own a cannon, IMO.  Tha whole point is the second part, that whatever arms these are be used as part of a "well-regulated militia".  As long as someone is properly trained on the cannon and is part of a well-regulated militia, I see no problem with them or with he or she (or he or she and several of their friends) "bearing" such a device, at least as far as the constitution is concerned.  It actually makes no mention of ownership. If this sounds too lawyerly, remember it was lawyers who wrote it.  If I am interpreting it too loosely, that is not my fault but that of the framers.  But,  again, I am not being facetious.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2010, 06:49:04 pm »
 Imagine a group of  elites who have spent the better part of their lives manipulating humanity as if we were animals in their personell  human zoo.
 Do they have the ability to turn humans against one another to the point of slaughtering one another, as they sit back and enjoy the show, yes they do. These methods were proven effective in Nazi Germany, Stalins USSR, or Mao's China.
 Will they succeed here in the USA? Their attack is subtle unlike Adolfs, Stalins or Moa's, slowly and incidiuosly they have attacked our freedoms, under the guize of protectionism their plan moves forward.
The resistance has been fractional and will continue to be untill the hammer drops and their intentions are crystall clear. Those citizens who refused to see this abomination taking place will have no choice to face the reality and make the choice, a well fed slave or hungry freeman, divisions will take place, the line in the sand will be apparent to all.
  I sincerely beleive when the majority feel the boot of tyrany the tide will turn.
  As for a handgun against an army,  we have an old example to follow, David and Goliath.
  The voice for freedom is found on this site, it is not a handgun but it is just as effective, truth..