Author Topic: 'Disgraceful' indeed: Fox crew ambushes NSA whistleblower  (Read 7425 times)

Offline mr anderson

• WeAreChange Brisbane
'Disgraceful' indeed: Fox crew ambushes NSA whistleblower
« on: February 08, 2009, 07:09:04 pm »
By David Neiwert Saturday Feb 07, 2009

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/disgraceful-indeed-fox-crew-ambushes

You all may remember Russell Tice, the whistleblower who recently stepped forward to reveal that the Bush administration's NSA spying program included journalists and thousands of ordinary Americans.

Bill O'Reilly says he wanted to "interview" Tice but he declined. And goodness, we just can't imagine why. So Fox sent attack-dog producer Jesse Waters and one of those crack Fox ambush crews to ambush Tice outside of his home.

You can judge the performance for yourselves. But in case Fox's producers wonder why Tice wouldn't go on their program, they need only watch Waters' performance here to realize why he was wise to refuse. Fox wasn't interested in what he had to say or what evidence he might possess -- it only wanted to score some points against Tice and try to discredit his testimony. And incidentally, since it's clear O'Reilly doesn't understand such things (since it's been decades since he's been anything approaching a real journalist in any serious sense of the word), the word of an eyewitness to such activities is usually considered sound evidence they occurred, both in the journalistic world as well as in a court of law.

Tice, for those who may not recall, was a major source on the original NSA wiretapping story, and for that he faced a right wing smear job depicting him as "mentally unstable".

One can only imagine what an interview with O'Reilly would have been like. Considering some of his recent tirades, it seems likely he'd have come uncorked in classic "Do it live!" style.

I don't know about you, but I find these ambush interviews -- particularly when they go to people's homes and harass them while they're unpacking their groceries -- profoundly disturbing. Not only are they deeply unethical, they're also so invasive of people's privacy rights that they have a distinctly totalitarian aspect -- especially when so obviously in the service of right-wing authoritarian propaganda.

So spread the word: If a Fox News ambush crew approaches you, give them a single answer, repeatedly: Andrea Mackris. Andrea Mackris.

It's the only way they'll leave you alone. Otherwise, they'll just use cheap and journalistically disgraceful tactics like these to use you so they can spew their propaganda.

WeAreChange Brisbane
I hold personal views, beliefs and opinions that do not necessarily reflect the beliefs and opinions of WeAreChange Brisbane as a whole.

Our Bitcoin address: 1Fzb4bp48oMr7CFzT3SbkTzKpMSvWW1X1t

Offline anti-anti-anti

Re: 'Disgraceful' indeed: Fox crew ambushes NSA whistleblower
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 07:52:48 pm »
Thank you for the post.

Maybe someone should "interview" Bill O'Reilly, Jesse Waters, and the rest of gang.

Worthless, completely worthless!

Offline 70983

• http://www.conspiracyshirts.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 08:05:19 pm »
No offense meant, but we can't be calling this disgraceful if we in this truth movement do admittedly do these kinds of question-asking on a regular basis.
Ray McBerry for Governor of Georgia in 2010!  Reclaim the sovereignty of the States!

http://www.georgiafirst.org

Youtube Channel:  http://www.youtube.com/user/RayMcBerry

He has many informative videos advocating his candidacy.

Offline mr anderson

• WeAreChange Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 08:08:34 pm »
No offense meant, but we can't be calling this disgraceful if we in this truth movement do admittedly do these kinds of question-asking on a regular basis.
The truth movement has ambushed a whistleblowers home?
WeAreChange Brisbane
I hold personal views, beliefs and opinions that do not necessarily reflect the beliefs and opinions of WeAreChange Brisbane as a whole.

Offline walker8989

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 10:24:14 pm »
I think this whole site is becoming one big anti-fox channel. Kind of funny at the same time Obama is speaking out against Fox so harshly. A little fishy to me.

Offline mr anderson

• WeAreChange Brisbane
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 09:28:11 am »
I think this whole site is becoming one big anti-fox channel. Kind of funny at the same time Obama is speaking out against Fox so harshly. A little fishy to me.
Yeah we're all in bed with MSNBC! MUAHAHAHA!

No seriously we're anti-spin which is 99% of ALL media. Spin, lies, deceptions, distortions.

A little fishy? Your not doing a good job at sewing the seeds of doubt sir.
WeAreChange Brisbane

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 09:36:56 am »
Although Fox News is comprised of moron shills who cannot think for themselves, they are doing their very best to mimic the We Are Change people--- Imitation is the sincerest of flattery.  Nice try Fox but, no cigar!
Please visit my website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

Offline point

• dust in the wind
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 09:48:13 am »
Fahx anchors are like cats in heat mating at 4am.  Just throw a little water on them and they run like hell has broken loose.

Offline walker8989

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 12:09:22 am »
Yeah we're all in bed with MSNBC! MUAHAHAHA!

No seriously we're anti-spin which is 99% of ALL media. Spin, lies, deceptions, distortions.

A little fishy? Your not doing a good job at sewing the seeds of doubt sir.

I was not trying to sow any seeds just having a little doubt myself and expressing it. The only reason I like Fox at all right now is because they are the only ones telling the general public things are f^cked up right now!

Offline mr anderson

• WeAreChange Brisbane
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 07:26:04 am »
I was not trying to sow any seeds just having a little doubt myself and expressing it. The only reason I like Fox at all right now is because they are the only ones telling the general public things are f^cked up right now!
No they're not...no mainstream outlet tells it like it is. They spin, spin, spin, spin.

I'm lost for words..  :-\

Break the matrix my man....turn Fox News off, don't watch the news anymore. Get the news yourself, not Fox.com or Cnn.com.

I dunno what to tell ya, someone help me out here.  :P

Watch the documentary: Outfoxed - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6737097743434902428

WeAreChange Brisbane

Offline wakingup72

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 08:06:06 am »
No they're not...no mainstream outlet tells it like it is. They spin, spin, spin, spin.

I'm lost for words..  :-\

Break the matrix my man....turn Fox News off, don't watch the news anymore. Get the news yourself, not Fox.com or Cnn.com.

I dunno what to tell ya, someone help me out here.  :P

Watch the documentary: Outfoxed - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6737097743434902428

All I can say is...I've watched Fox News exclusively for many years up until recently.  These guys are no better than CNN, MSNBC, BBC News, etc. when it comes to spin and hype.  I just saw Outfoxed and it was pretty eye opening for me.  Corporate news will NEVER be true news.  These days, true investigative reporting is a rarity.

Mr. Anderson is right....turn off the TV.  It isn't there to help you understand what's really going on.  Hope this helps...

Offline Elisa24

• Time is critical in this world
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 05:17:26 am »
Didn't expect anything less, the media is almost fully controlled nowadays.