Author Topic: Google Terminates Six Services - Including Google Video  (Read 33899 times)

Offline Matthew

Google Terminates Six Services - Including Google Video
« on: January 15, 2009, 05:34:12 pm »
 The ax fell on Wednesday at Google (NSDQ: GOOG), not just for some of the company's employees but for six of its services, too.

In addition to Google's announcements about the elimination of 100 recruiting positions and the shutdown of offices in Austin, Texas; Trondheim, Norway; and Lulea, Sweden, the company said it would close Dodgeball, Google Catalog Search, Google Mashup Editor, Google Notebook, and Jaiku. It also said it's discontinuing the ability to upload videos to Google Video.

The cessation of the ability to upload videos to Google Video in a few months is unlikely to affect many video makers, apart from those seeking to upload videos longer than 10 minutes (there goes Alex's new films). YouTube limits videos to 10 minutes, with some exceptions, in part as a way to keep storage costs down and to prevent the unauthorized uploading of complete half-hour TV shows and longer-format, professionally produced content.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/internet/google/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=212900775

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
Re: Google Terminates Six Services - Including Google Video
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 05:38:10 pm »
We will now be subjected to 10 minute spurts of information

All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Dok

• end times and current events
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 05:40:41 pm »
We still have VEOH. Although you need a player to watch vids longer than a half an hour.
HOW TO BE SAVED
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_saved.html

Ye Must Be Born Again!
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/ye_must_be_born_again.htm

True Salvation & the TRUE Gospel/Good News!
http://www.contendingfortruth.com/?p=1060

how to avoid censorship ;)

Offline Libertarian Perspective

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 05:41:45 pm »
To be honest folks, screw google, boo hoo, there are a myriad of video sites offering uploads to more than 10 minutes. Google was slow and old fashioned, plus it is used as a propaganda site for videos, I say good riddance!
“Good luck to him. I don’t blame him at all, but I just
wish he had not hit me so hard. I know he had to protect
his property, and I probably would have done the
same thing in his position. This has certainly stopped
me committing any more crime.” - British burglar elaborating robbery

Offline DCUBED

• Sieg Heil!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 05:43:31 pm »
I think Bittorrent should be the new way to share videos.  It's fast and is a better quality.
“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”  - Arthur Conan Doyle

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." J. Edgar Hoover

xfahctor

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 05:44:00 pm »
www.ovguide.com
This is an all encumpasing source for video site links. There is a section for viral type videos, like youtube and google put up.

Anti_Illuminati

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 05:46:15 pm »
Better start downloading and re-uploading all the really important films to other locales, otherwise the NWO basically gets to erase the history of how they do things which will make it a lot harder for people to wake up and figure out how they control populations and stage fake crisis, etc.

Offline David Rothscum

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 05:48:42 pm »
I think Bittorrent should be the new way to share videos.  It's fast and is a better quality.
It's hard enough to get people to watch an online Google Video. Imagine having to spread a Bittorrent link. But for Alex listeners it's the best option. We'll just need to use other websites to post Alex video's on.

Offline CalebJamesDeLisle

• Without https, your not anonymous either.
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 05:57:27 pm »
a program called swarmplayer is working on live or video-on-demand over bittorrent, it's still pretty alpha though.
Life is short, smile more! :-D

Historically, it is when the elites begin to go after the creative people and forward thinkers that their empire fails due to lack of ingenuity.

Offline ES

• Old Iron Sides: Enemy of Tyrannical Scum
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 07:52:58 pm »
This blows.  >:(
"My heroes are people who monkey wrench the new world order". - Jello Biafra

shirteesdotnet

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 08:05:13 pm »
Crapola!

Offline TelepesT

• Genetic Dictator
    • Freedom T
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 08:10:15 pm »
Holy Crap!

What's Next?
no more free google searches
Ten Foot Lizard Man from Planet Snickle-Snack in the POP-TART sector 
Freedom T
Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.
- Mohandas Gandhi

Offline Filthy Rich

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 09:00:41 pm »
Better get it all for posterity and clone it 1000x over, before it goes into the "memory hole".
I hate to say it, but remember how Santiago said that "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it?"

Well, I learned from history, but I AM STILL DOOMED TO REPEAT IT because more people care about American Idol than America's Survival...

Offline HellBoy

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 10:40:31 pm »

Assume the position.

Heads down, grab your ankles.

Offline jshowell

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 11:06:16 pm »
you know what this is going to do-cause people to innovate.
Youtube is censoring videos like mad, but I can still find them on other sites in two seconds.   And there's tons of free sites to download videos online before they're censored.  It's never going to stop and the freeware techies are always going to be smarter then whatever the braindead bureaucrats can think up.  They've lost but they don't know it yet. 
Even if they cut down the web there's always wireless hubsharing devices-which isn't as comprehensive and are more expensive to setup but if they do something drastic like kill the web wireless, independent ISP's are going to grow like wildfire overnight.  Your 5 year old is going to come home and tell you how to set up a wireless hub with a paper clip, some tin foil and a rubber band (a little hyperbole, but you get the point). 

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 11:07:08 pm »
Holy Crap!

What's Next?

I think they've already thought of that one.  They also want to charge us PER EMAIL.  Rat bastards.  Probably per post also.  They are evil.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline Zed

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 11:34:27 pm »
We still have VEOH. Although you need a player to watch vids longer than a half an hour.

Veoh is worse than Youtube for Censoring.

try this bunch, uses divx which is MUCH Higher Quality and work better than flash based videos.

http://divxvine.com/
"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." 101 Things to Do 'Til the Revolution

Offline Freeski

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 11:45:02 pm »
There was a thread posted a few days ago collecting links to recent videos - and the OP asked that everyone post to it. I searched and searched to no avail: anyone have a link to it? I thought Sane started it but I went through 6 pages of his last posts and still can't find it so it must have been someone else. Anyone?
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline mr anderson

• WeAreChange Brisbane
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2009, 12:09:36 am »
WeAreChange Brisbane
I hold personal views, beliefs and opinions that do not necessarily reflect the beliefs and opinions of WeAreChange Brisbane as a whole.

Our Bitcoin address: 1Fzb4bp48oMr7CFzT3SbkTzKpMSvWW1X1t

Offline xandar

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 02:26:55 am »
This is my first post on here. Being that I do a heck of a lot of video collecting via torrents. I would advise everyone to familiarize themselves with torrents, if you haven't already. I've amassed quite a collection of truther material from that source. Don't fret about google vids. There will be an identical alternative waiting right behind it. It's the nature of our technological age lol. 

Offline ConcordeWarrior

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 02:36:38 am »
This is my first post on here. Being that I do a heck of a lot of video collecting via torrents. I would advise everyone to familiarize themselves with torrents, if you haven't already. I've amassed quite a collection of truther material from that source.

I am interested. Not so much for politics but rather to find old aviation materials.
Any good tutorials and software you recommend?
The Sky is My Home

Offline AWJunkies

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 02:40:48 am »
http://chaos-laboratory.com/2007/08/30/top-31-free-alternatives-to-youtube-video-hosting-sites/

here is over 31 alternative choices to google and youtube enjoy.

I run my own video system and have over 100,000 videos as well as have photo system with over 1 million photos.

So there are many alternatives especially new ones popping up that are true HD etc and larger in size. That is the content I deal with

Offline HellBoy

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 02:54:30 am »
I am interested. Not so much for politics but rather to find old aviation materials.
Any good tutorials and software you recommend?

Here is a client and a guide, Micro Torrent (utorrent) is probably
the most popular torrent program among those "in the know".

Micro Torrent Beginner's Guide

pissoff404

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 04:56:32 am »
heres a forum link that i recently found. it has alex jones's movies on googlevideo. other than that it has a plethora of information covered in these forums as well

http://pacsteam.info/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5455&start=0&sid=240b98426b203b77b7e5a65539f7bd63

thats a direct link to alex's movies

heres the main site: http://www.pacsteam.pt.vu/

Offline TheHouseMan

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2009, 05:35:48 am »
Daaaaaaaamn. They BETTER extend the 10-minute length on YouTube or new conspiracy documentaries are gonna have to be watched in 14 parts.

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 11:04:35 am »
Upload videos here before google takes them down.

http://media-mobi.com/
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<

truthfn.com

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 01:38:19 pm »
Take a minute to upload your financial and economy related videos from Google Video to www.truthFN.com, which was created for this exact reason as a backup to Youtube and Google Video.

All videos are stored on the TruthFN.com server! :)

Thank you

Offline Truthspace.tv

• Truth Space - For Awakened Minds
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 05:03:42 pm »
The abolition of Google Video which will hurt grass roots independant film makers the most seems consistent with the move to digital radio which will kill most of the small time independant 'patriot' shows.

It really does seem like they are trying to silence the people.

Videos up to 100MB can be uploaded directly to my site, as can MP3 files.
http://www.truthspace.tv

Truth Space - For Awakened Minds

Offline Revolt426

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 05:33:25 pm »
wtf there goes ALL the documentaries, not just Alex's films, think about Bill Coopers stuff... All over 1 hour for the most part.. and loads of other documentaries. Speeches from David Ray Griffin, Steven Jones, Tarpley etc...

This is a disaster , they already started censoring bill cooper stuff a few months back on google video :(
"Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate … It will purge the rottenness out of the system..." - Andrew Mellon, Secretary of Treasury, 1929.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2009, 05:44:08 pm »
The purge has begun.

And yes, there are lots of other options for hosting documentaries, but searching will be a lot tougher for a while - I suspect.
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Revolt426

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2009, 05:46:42 pm »
K they wanna play games? we'll start seeding torrents with all the videos. f**k THEM, WE ARE NOT GONNA LAY DOWN AND GO BACK TO SLEEP YOU SCUM.
"Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate … It will purge the rottenness out of the system..." - Andrew Mellon, Secretary of Treasury, 1929.

Offline akston

• StatismWatch
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2009, 06:03:12 pm »
Holy Crap!

What's Next?

Uh, yeah, those produce Carbon Dioxide...  :P

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2009/jan/12/google-carbonfootprints
stat·ism /ˈsteɪtɪzəm/
1. the principle or policy of concentrating extensive economic, political, and related controls in the state at the cost of individual liberty.

statismwatch.ca - a media compilation and forum exposing statism and its roots from a Canadian perspective

Offline Joe(WI)

• Knowledge
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2009, 08:14:26 pm »
Take a minute to upload your financial and economy related videos from Google Video to www.truthFN.com, which was created for this exact reason as a backup to Youtube and Google Video.

All videos are stored on the TruthFN.com server! :)

Thank you

It looked allgood up until I saw this...

Lucy do some splainin?
The number, 666, has been changed. The new number is, 999.

Offline TelepesT

• Genetic Dictator
    • Freedom T
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2009, 08:27:54 pm »
What about the possibility of building on the PP network and make our own TruthTube.com TruthTv.com
Ten Foot Lizard Man from Planet Snickle-Snack in the POP-TART sector 
Freedom T
Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.
- Mohandas Gandhi

gautnl27

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2009, 03:20:04 am »
What about the possibility of building on the PP network and make our own TruthTube.com TruthTv.com

I agree, and I think we should all contribute and make a whole new site for Videos, it should also be for all file types, Images, PDF files, and Office files!

Offline mr anderson

• WeAreChange Brisbane
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2009, 03:31:42 am »
Hopefully with the same look and feel.

That'd be great!

WeAreChange Brisbane
I hold personal views, beliefs and opinions that do not necessarily reflect the beliefs and opinions of WeAreChange Brisbane as a whole.

Our Bitcoin address: 1Fzb4bp48oMr7CFzT3SbkTzKpMSvWW1X1t

Offline level1online

• Attack Pattern Delta
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2009, 07:53:55 am »

It's hard enough to get people to watch an online Google Video. Imagine having to spread a Bittorrent link. But for Alex listeners it's the best option. We'll just need to use other websites to post Alex video's on.

I agree with both you guys. I use the BitTorrent networks to seed (share) DVD (VOB) files and ISO's.

but...

At the same time, if you can't get someone to watch a video on their PC via torrents, then burn a DVD for them.

Pursue both routes.  ;D No wrong in that; Double you efforts! Because they're doubling theirs!

We really need more seeders on these:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3877223/America_Freedom_to_Fascism_(VOB)

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3874747/Alex_Jones_-_Endgame_(VOB)

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3877220/Alex_Jones_-_Terrorstorm_-_2nd_Edition_(VOB)

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3877217/Alex_Jones_-_Martial_Law_911_-_Rise_of_the_Police_State_(VOB)

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3877215/Alex_Jones_-_911_-_The_Road_to_Tyranny_(VOB)

And btw, just a reminder. This is DVD5 quality, for the best in quality, go for the DVD9's at the Infowars shop! http://infowars-shop.stores.yahoo.net/index.html

Offline akston

• StatismWatch
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2009, 10:22:24 am »
I agree with both you guys. I use the BitTorrent networks to seed (share) DVD (VOB) files and ISO's.

but...

At the same time, if you can't get someone to watch a video on their PC via torrents, then burn a DVD for them.

Pursue both routes.  ;D No wrong in that; Double you efforts! Because they're doubling theirs!

We really need more seeders on these:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3877223/America_Freedom_to_Fascism_(VOB)

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3874747/Alex_Jones_-_Endgame_(VOB)

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3877220/Alex_Jones_-_Terrorstorm_-_2nd_Edition_(VOB)

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3877217/Alex_Jones_-_Martial_Law_911_-_Rise_of_the_Police_State_(VOB)

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3877215/Alex_Jones_-_911_-_The_Road_to_Tyranny_(VOB)

And btw, just a reminder. This is DVD5 quality, for the best in quality, go for the DVD9's at the Infowars shop! http://infowars-shop.stores.yahoo.net/index.html

Are those the biggest seeds for those movies? A:FTF only has 5 seeders! :O Seconded!
stat·ism /ˈsteɪtɪzəm/
1. the principle or policy of concentrating extensive economic, political, and related controls in the state at the cost of individual liberty.

statismwatch.ca - a media compilation and forum exposing statism and its roots from a Canadian perspective

Offline level1online

• Attack Pattern Delta
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2009, 11:03:36 am »

Are those the biggest seeds for those movies? A:FTF only has 5 seeders! :O Seconded!

Well.... not exactly. You see, that link was to a 4.3GB DVD5 (VOB) file. Most folks I know have no clue how to burn VOB to disc, let alone view it on their PC.

Now on the other hand, the DIVX (.avi) version, which is around 700MB, has over 300 seeders: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3519240/Aaron_Russo_-_America_From_Freedom_to_Facism

drewt431

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2009, 05:55:30 pm »
It's time to download everything we can and get them burned onto DVD just in case something happens to the net.