Author Topic: ABC News Claims Homeland Security Blimp is UFO  (Read 41757 times)

Offline al0152

Re: ABC News Claims Homeland Security Blimp is UFO
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2009, 01:30:07 pm »
Well, I guess if it is a small toy blimp that could explain why it wasn't picked up on radar. That would make the news piece a little more honest. A little... Though, the video was still shot to be very misleading.

Stealth coated material.....
Live free....or DIE HARD!!!

There is no right in war.....only one that is left - Bertrand Russell

What goes up does not necessarily go down, and vice versa.......

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2009, 01:34:22 pm »
That was clearly a blimp, and I am genuinely disturbed that the MSM would claim otherwise with a straight face.

As for real 'blimp' style UFO's, they have been around long before we even designed our first blimps, indeed the first Zeppelin didn't fly for another 30 years...:

1870!?!?!   WTF???

I remember reading about the 1870 - 1897 Mysterious Airship signings in North America.

Between November 1896 and May 1897, scores of Americans became convinced that one of their citizens had perfected the world's first heavier-than-air flying machine. As this widespread belief spread, airship mania swept across the United States. This little-known episode in American history was extraordinary, in that at the height of the rumors, it is estimated that tens of thousands of Americans in many states actually reported that they had seen the craft in various points across the nation — thousands of miles apart — at the same time! The maneuvers described by witnesses, were far above any technology of the period — even by today's standards. While the episode in general has been examined as a case of "mass hysteria," in this article I will document the airship wave in Illinois, and suggest an explanation. It was typically described as oval or cigar-shaped with an attached undercarriage, having a powerful headlight and giant fans or wings protruding from both sides. Some observers even claimed that the wings slowly flopped up and down like a bird!
http://www.reall.org/newsletter/v06/n03/illinois-ufo-mania-of-1897.html

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

xfahctor

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2009, 01:53:03 pm »
I'm having a hard time telling what vantage point it is taken from up there. I live with in 20 minutes or so from mt. Washington and have been up to the summit a few times but the photo is not very clear so it's hard to tell. It seems the object is down below, could be one of the many buildings that have been up there forever, could be a rock that just looks funny, theres no shadow under it and being that close to the ground, it should have some sort of shadow. Dunno, I'm at a loss for this one. very hard to make out. the picture was originaly part of a stereoscopic view print.

xfahctor

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2009, 01:56:03 pm »

I remember reading about the 1870 - 1897 Mysterious Airship signings in North America.

" cigar-shaped with an attached undercarriage, having a powerful headlight and giant fans or wings protruding from both sides"
 does sound like an early form of blimp from the description doesn't it.

Offline GoingEtheric

• Seed the world with the truth
    • HollywoodInsiders.net
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2009, 02:20:20 pm »
LOLOLOL...air traffic control can't see the GIANT SILVER TUBE? LOLOLOLOL. I love it.
Oh, so much money wasted on stealth technology  :(

It also marks the first occasion where "UFO" WAS the cover-story. We're moving into a whole new era of BS, my friends.

xfahctor

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2009, 02:24:12 pm »
LOLOLOL...air traffic control can't see the GIANT SILVER TUBE? LOLOLOLOL. I love it.
Oh, so much money wasted on stealth technology  :(

It also marks the first occasion where "UFO" WAS the cover-story. We're moving into a whole new era of BS, my friends.
it's not GIANT, it's only about 5 feet long or so. it's a TOY

Offline Weasel

• Little Red Hen Garden
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2009, 04:13:32 pm »
This shows they think most of us are dumber than dirt.

What is sad, they would be right.
Say No to the nwo cluckheads - http://littleredhengarden.wordpress.com/

Offline InfoTruth

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2009, 04:51:00 pm »
It's not a Homeland Security Blimp!
It's bullshit and it's bad for ya.

George Carlin

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2009, 12:30:44 am »
"That's no moon."
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2009, 06:28:13 pm »

Hangar One may house new airship

NASA's ambitious plan could solve issue of new siding once and for all

by Daniel DeBolt
Mountain View Voice Staff
Uploaded: Thursday, January 15, 2009, 1:53 PM

NASA Ames deputy director Lew Braxton told a crowd last Thursday that the agency was hard at work on a plan to restore Hangar One within the next 18 months in order to return it to "its original purpose."

"There is a possibility we will have another airship out here," Braxton said as he talked about NASA's plan for Hangar One.

The announcement was a revelation to those at the Moffett Field Restoration Advisory Board meeting, some of whom said they'd heard rumors, but no confirmation, that NASA wanted to once more park a huge airship inside the iconic structure. Among other things, it would mean that NASA plans to re-skin the hangar after the Navy strips off its toxic siding.

Earlier that day, the Navy made official its plan to strip the siding off Hangar One and leave the bare skeleton to NASA. Hours later Braxton said that NASA Ames is talking to two prospective tenants to find out who will share the $15 million cost of re-siding Hangar One.

Both companies are in the aeronautics industry, and one is working on a large airship for the U.S. Department of Defense, Braxton said.

"I know there is a lot of concern because we are working behind the scenes," Braxton said. "We have been in dialogue with headquarters and working with the Pentagon."

Braxton would not name the airship or the company, but many who heard him speak are now certain that Moffett Field may become the West Coast base for a 500-foot-long Army airship constructed by Lockheed in Akron, Ohio -- in Hangar One's twin structure, the Goodyear Airdock.

"It was obvious to anyone who knows what's going on in the world that he Braxton means the one Lockheed is building at Akron," said RAB civilian co-chair Bob Moss. "There are only two companies in the world that are building airships."

Braxton would not give many details about the airship, but mentioned that it could be fitted with "sensors" for NASA's earth sciences work. Braxton also said the airship would be too large for Hangar Two or Hangar Three at Moffett.

According to Lockheed's Web site, a smaller prototype called HALE-D is in the works now. It would be used by the Army for missile defense and ground surveillance, doing the work of satellites at less cost. Wrapped in thin solar panels which charge batteries running four electric motors, the airship is supposed to be capable of flying above the jet stream at 60,000 feet for weeks at a time. Lockheed won a $150 million government contract to build it several years ago.

Building a hangar big enough to house such an airship would cost more than $90 million much more than the cost of restoring Hangar One, Moss said.

One source familiar with NASA Ames' efforts to lease Hangar One believes Ames director Pete Worden is pushing the Lockheed airship as a "pet project." But the airship buffs who want to save Hangar One may not have a problem with that.

If NASA brings an airship to Hangar One, there will be "applause," Moss said. "You don't need a public hearing to know what the reaction will be."

In a speech during Moffett Field's 75th anniversary celebration last year, Worden talked enthusiastically about airships -- the "clean transportation" they could provide, how they could help with homeland security and act as "observational platforms," or to "help us understand climate change."

Some worry that the airship plan would preclude other uses in the 1,100-foot-long hangar. At the RAB meeting, some brought up whether the Moffett Field Historical Society museum would be moved back into Hangar One. Braxton said it was being considered. NASA Ames realizes that the hangar would have to be opened periodically for some kind of "public touring" of the historic structure, he said, adding that NASA would like to park some of its historic planes in Hangar One as well.

The Navy plans to begin taking the siding down as early as October of this year, and Braxton said NASA wants to put up new siding while the scaffolding is still in place. A material for the new siding has yet to be selected. Having it all done in 18 months "is pretty aggressive," Braxton said, adding that NASA hopes to receive some extra funding from the Obama administration.

But NASA's first priority is to ensure that the agency is not left with any toxic cleanup responsibilities for Hangar One, Braxton said.

In an e-mail, RAB founder Lenny Siegel said Braxton's comments were "the most substantive and detailed affirmation thus far that federal agencies intend that the hangar be cleaned, restored, and reused."

http://www.mv-voice.com/news/show_story.php?id=1108

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2009, 06:43:05 pm »
Good find BROCKE ^^^

I guess they have decided they can't hide something this big and are rolling out their candy coated explanations for the sheeple.
St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline Treseler

• Ignorance is Bliss.
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2009, 10:52:44 pm »
Wow..

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
World’s Biggest Airship Being Inflated for the First Time
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2010, 03:08:33 pm »

Watch the World’s Biggest Airship Being Inflated for the First Time

VIDEO
http://www.breitbart.tv/watch-the-worlds-biggest-airshap-being-inflated-for-the-first-time/    

Daily Mail: More than 70 years after the Hindenburg disaster ended the golden airship era, giant blimps will take to the skies again with the launch of the world's largest inflatable craft.

The pioneering Bullet 580 is a 235ftlong and 65ft in diameter ship that can lift payloads of 2,000lbs up to 20,000ft in the air.

It was inflated this week inside the Garret Coliseum in Alabama - one of the few facilities large enough to host the ship. The process took the developers at E-Green Technologies just over six hours.

World's largest inflatable vehicle -- Bullet 580 airship -- inflated and ready for action

Wow! The Bullet 580 airship is as long as a 23-floor skyscraper and can reach top speeds of 80mph.

The Bullet 580, the world's largest inflatable airship, stands in Garrett Coliseum in Montgomery, Ala. following an inflation test and fit check. It is designed to carry payloads of up to 2,000 pounds to 20,000 feet. Payloads are carried inside the outer envelope, which is made of a new type of Kevlar, one-sixteenth of an inch thick, but 10 times stronger than steel, according to designers.

Associated Press
By Space.com / May 20, 2010

A huge inflatable vehicle as long as a 23-floor skyscraper is tall has become the world's largest airship in its bid to serve as a stratospheric satellite, or "stratellite," according to its developers.

The 235-foot (72 m) long airship, known as the Bullet 580, has a top speed of 80 mph (129 km/h) and can serve as a high-flying sentinel that stays aloft for long periods of time. Getting the new sky behemoth inflated required six hours inside Garrett Coliseum in Montgomery, Ala.

"Our airships are radically different designs that move beyond the performance limitations of traditional blimps or zeppelins by combining advanced technology with simple construction and the ability to fuel with algae, protecting our environment," said Michael Lawson, chairman and CEO of E-Green Technologies.

The airship is designed to carry payloads of up to 2,000 pounds (907 kg) at altitudes of 20,000 feet (6,096 m). Any cargo aboard the airship would sit within an outer envelope made from a new type of Kevlar, or the same material used to build bulletproof vests. That allows the envelope to have a width just one-sixteenth of an inch thick, but still be 10 times stronger than steel.

Airships have undergone a resurgence of interest as both military and civilian operators eye their cost-efficient operations compared to traditional fixed-wing aircraft. But even the modern record-holder for size dwindles in comparison to airships back in their heyday, such as the 804-foot (245 m) Hindenberg.

E-Green Technologies considers the Bullet 580 as the first in a wave of airships in production for commercial use. It acquired the airship's developers, 21st Century Airships, in November 2009.

Military and civilian versions of the airship might take on roles forbattlefield surveillance, missile defense warning, electronic countermeasures, weapons platforms, Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) services, weather monitoring, broadcast communications and communications relays.

A maiden flight scheduled for later this year would carry an experimental payload jointly developed by NASA and Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Va. The agricultural and geophysical experiment is designed to measure moisture content in the soil.

Getting commercial airship production up and running is expected to create hundreds of textile industry jobs in Alabama, according to a statement by E-Green Technologies. It might also lead to aerospace and aviation jobs in Central Florida and Northern California, where the company hopes to set up operational centers.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2010/0520/World-s-largest-inflatable-vehicle-Bullet-580-airship-inflated-and-ready-for-action

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2010, 03:14:48 pm »

http://www.e-greentechnologies.com/

A Higher Level of Communication

The Information Age involves more than computers. The unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) and unmanned aerial system (UAS) are widely used in government and commercial applications that range from surveillance to marketing campaigns. E-GreenTechnologies uses experience and innovation to manufacture lighter-than-air vehicles (Airships) and provide efficient, affordable solutions for a diverse range of clients.

Applications include

* Defense and Homeland Security
    * Telecommunications
    * Natural Resources
    * Agriculture Assessments
    * Forest Fire Monitoring
    * Advertising

and more -- at a lower operational cost per hour than a conventional airplane or helicopter.

Take a look at our products and services. You’ll see why E-GreenTechnologies sets the standard for the airship industry.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2010, 03:53:32 pm »

QUOTE:
The airship is designed to carry payloads of up to 2,000 pounds

That's not much ... only one ton?   :o

That's like a small Toyota pickup ...

St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline iks83

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2010, 04:16:58 pm »
Pfff the worlds largest airship... I would rather be on the last flight of the Hindenburg than ride that puny thing. The Hindenburg was almost 250 meters long and could carry 100 tons. I see how far advanced we become.

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2010, 04:36:22 pm »

QUOTE:
That's not much ... only one ton?   :o

That's like a small Toyota pickup ...

It does not seem like much does it.

At room temperature a hydrogen molecule is composed of two hydrogen atoms, a helium molecule is composed of one helium atom. The atomic mass of a hydrogen MOLECULE is about 2; the atomic mass of the helium molecule is about 4.

This means a hydrogen molecule is half as heavy as a helium molecule. As a lifting agent hydrogen is cheaper to buy and more buoyant than helium; but hydrogen readily explodes when mixed with oxygen from about a 5% mix to 95% mix.

Hydrogen is 7% more buoyant than helium.

As a rule of thumb, 1 cubic meter of hydrogen lifts 1.1 kilogram, 1 m3 of helium lifts 1 kg and 1 m3 of hot air lifts 300 grams. (In Anglo-American measures: 1000 cu. ft. of hot air lift a maximum of 20 lbs. and 1000 cu ft. of helium lift about 60 lb.) These figures are on the safe side and allow for variations in altitude, temperature, humidity and also purity of the helium.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline chrisfromchi

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2010, 05:15:17 pm »
this has to be for some electronic thing cause it can only pick up 2000 lbs to 20,000 ft. unless thats a lie.