Author Topic: Obama to ban guns!!!  (Read 37245 times)

Offline ELIJAH STAPP

Obama to ban guns!!!
« on: December 26, 2008, 11:41:56 am »
" My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."
--Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007

Offline UK Lyn

Re: Obama to ban guns!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 11:51:41 am »
Holy smoke, bans on 'ALL' semi-auto's   that's pretty much all but wheelguns and bolt-actions rifles? 

Fat lot of good that'll do if The People need to rise up against a tyranny that has goons armed with full-auto's, tanks, rockets and nukes...

Has he forgot WHY you have a 2nd Amendment, I'm a Limey, and even I know it's in case King George, or his idealogical successors, get too big for their boots again...

Offline lazarus

• Physician
    • kalamation
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 11:54:45 am »
" My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. Within 90 days, we will go back after kitchen table dealers, and work to end the gun show and internet sales loopholes. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."
--Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007

Do you have a link for this for propagation. TIA
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When mercy seasons justice

Offline Initiated

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 12:15:10 pm »
Link please.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives."  ~ James Madison

Offline cathiasus

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 12:20:09 pm »
I think he forgot to mention, "except for the military."
As you sow, so shall you reap.

How do you like your corruption, over easy or sunny side up?
-Protean

Offline Donald Baker

• Force Choking You With The Truth
    • Gunsandall.com
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 12:23:54 pm »
Well I guess I had better not put any serious money into my online firearms auction site then.  Good thing my site is small and isn't a money maker for me yet.  I'd hate to be one of the owners of the larger sites when reading this. :o
Buy yourself a fine firearm today, the time will come when you wish you had.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 12:34:13 pm »

I think he will change his tune.  Notice that was a 2007 fund raiser.  Unless he wants to start a revolution.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline Volitzar

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 12:53:39 pm »
He has already inspired more gun sales so yeah any plans he had to ban guns just aint going to happen.

Offline TheHouseMan

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 01:22:25 pm »
That is quite some change alright.

Offline Revolt426

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 01:40:00 pm »
That was when he was a left  leaning bullshitter. Now he has a Centrist cabinet i do not forsee the gun bans being ALL assault rifles. I think he'll try some guns for food crap, which will work because people will be starving.
"Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate … It will purge the rottenness out of the system..." - Andrew Mellon, Secretary of Treasury, 1929.

Offline plantop14

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 01:41:35 pm »
Obama can go f--k his self to!! >:(
AK47, Glock23 & Mossy590 is my family's Life Insurance policy, what is yours?

Offline flanagan

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 01:56:21 pm »
"Thou art my battle axe and weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces the nations, and with thee will I destroy kingdoms" - Jeremiah 51:20

Offline lazarus

• Physician
    • kalamation
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2008, 01:58:41 pm »
That was when he was a left  leaning bullshitter. Now he has a Centrist cabinet i do not forsee the gun bans being ALL assault rifles. I think he'll try some guns for food crap, which will work because people will be starving.

Ya I am wondering if he might have second thoughts. What a delightful message all these guns sales are sending to him and his entourage. Considering that many of those purchasing firearms are knowledgeable about possible government false flags that are designed to "convince" the public to turn them in, they really must be sweating it. I hope the sales continue to go up past the Christmas season. And pick up more before each of his state of the union addresses. It sure beats Diebold machines.
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When mercy seasons justice

Offline Revolt426

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 03:21:34 pm »
Ya I am wondering if he might have second thoughts. What a delightful message all these guns sales are sending to him and his entourage. Considering that many of those purchasing firearms are knowledgeable about possible government false flags that are designed to "convince" the public to turn them in, they really must be sweating it. I hope the sales continue to go up past the Christmas season. And pick up more before each of his state of the union addresses. It sure beats Diebold machines.
They are definitely panicing. He came out  with a press conference telling Americans they "didn't have to worry" after gun sales skyrocketed. He said he only believes in "common sense gun laws". They need him to look good to start a war, i still doubt we will see any confiscations, if anything they will do the guns for food/money and tax bullets. They may try to ban some assault rifles but it wont work, there will be protests all over the place. Automatics are already illegal i dont see the point in going any further than that.
"Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate … It will purge the rottenness out of the system..." - Andrew Mellon, Secretary of Treasury, 1929.

Offline InfoTruth

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2008, 03:38:17 pm »
You guys seriously believe they will ban guns in America??? If they even attempt to do that im sure gun ow ers wont go down without a fight. The establishment just wont try it.
It's bullshit and it's bad for ya.

George Carlin

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2008, 04:22:37 pm »

BUT,  you've gotta have food or you will be trading your guns for food and a sleeping bag on a hard cold floor at the FEMA camp.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline molarediere

• New World Ordure
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2008, 04:39:20 pm »
Prohibition, War on Poverty, War on Drugs, The Patriotic Act I&II, John Warner Defense Fund, Martial Law, Banker Bailout.  Now the War on Guns.  What do these guys expect us to use in case someday a foreign or domestic enemy shows up?  They are even going to turn off the internet so we won't even have bad language.

Offline uwaf

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2008, 04:53:47 pm »
He's going to make it very hard to get ammo, it will become scarce and then way expensive.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2008, 06:24:22 pm »
In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."

First time Ive heard this.

What is the next scenario they will pull of to attempt to justify this.
Thats my concern.

Without a red flag, (or an atrocity committed by their infiltrators), he won't pull this off.

2nd, Amendment, does he beleive he can revise the constitution. yup, another Bush puppett, different face, different act, same NWO.

Offline cueball7

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2008, 07:07:42 pm »

I say we bide our time and see what Obama does AFTER he's sworn in. Until then, ALL this conjecture is bullshit. ;)

Offline Nailer

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2008, 07:39:38 pm »
I say we bide our time and see what Obama does AFTER he's sworn in. Until then, ALL this conjecture is bullshit. ;)
Bide our time buying up ammo and survival gear and Obama/Obamabot repellent..
I am a realist that is slightly conservative yet I have some republican demeanor that can turn democrat when I feel the urge to flip independant.

The truth shall set you free, if not a 45ACP round will do the trick.. HEHE

Offline birgit

• A red pill a day- keeps NWO at bay
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2008, 07:52:22 pm »
I will just make the following observations. Media  is rife with tragic stories of shootings, anti 2A nuts.
Tv shows full of anti gun propaganda.

Just like the anti coal propaganda that is coming about full steam.
Obama stated he will shut down all coal plants and make electric costs double, to go green

If you do not believe that POS  will do what he promises to do...that is  just being naive!

Go to www.davidicke.com/Obama
 See how long this "out of nowhere " cousin of cheney has been lying in wait...
TRUTH  is  INCONTROVERTIBLE

Malice   may  attack it
Ignorance  may  deride it
     But in the  end...
             HERE  IT IS ! 
                      ~ unknown

Offline plantop14

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2008, 08:03:40 pm »

BUT,  you've gotta have food or you will be trading your guns for food and a sleeping bag on a hard cold floor at the FEMA camp.
Damn good point there doc!

Offline plantop14

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2008, 08:05:37 pm »
"common sense gun laws"
There is no such thing! He's a traitor already and not even in office yet.........................and a damn liar!!!! >:(

Offline sventvkg

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2008, 08:07:27 pm »
No F'in way...Already in my state, Alaska, they have no carry permit requirement. ANYONE can carry concealed because they understand the US constitution. We have been at odd with the federal govenment on a lot of issues and we are very strong states rights people as well. The crab Obama was spewing would be the last straw if he were to try to implement it. f**k him anyway...I'd like to see his REAL f**king Birth certificate.

Offline plantop14

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2008, 08:09:20 pm »
No F'in way...Already in my state, Alaska, they have no carry permit requirement. ANYONE can carry concealed because they understand the US constitution. We have been at odd with the federal govenment on a lot of issues and we are very strong states rights people as well. The crab Obama was spewing would be the last straw if he were to try to implement it. f**k him anyway...I'd like to see his REAL f**king Birth certificate.
There seems to be a lot of differences between some states and the federal (rogue) government lately! What is this telling us?

Offline Nailer

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2008, 10:10:26 am »
There seems to be a lot of differences between some states and the federal (rogue) government lately! What is this telling us?

It says people are wakening to something they do not like and are ready to fight.
I am a realist that is slightly conservative yet I have some republican demeanor that can turn democrat when I feel the urge to flip independant.

Offline LG

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2008, 10:35:23 am »
Lets all put a ban on Obama, and his policies. Since under the constitution, he is not a legal authority, then he cannot legally sign anything into law. He legally cannot be president, therefore, he is NOT president.

DISSENT NOW!
8/8/08 was an INSIDE JOB!

Offline brokenarrow

Send lawyers, guns and money
The shit has hit the fan

Offline Nailer

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2008, 05:13:22 pm »

Offline brokenarrow

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2008, 06:09:15 pm »
great thread on the 2nd Amendment/ Constitution.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/second-amendment-discussion-news/63300-never-give-up-your-guns-2.html

Notice that last post?

"I don't think we have to worry about the second ammend. going away. It has been a few years but as I recall there are only two ways that can happen. One is for a Constitutional Convention to be called. If that happens we might have bigger issues to deal with as the entire document and all it entails is fair game. That is why historically there has not been much interest in doing this. The second way would be to pass a new ammend. like they with prohibition and its repeal. For that to happen you need a supermajority of both houses of congress to pass it, and then two thirds of the states have to ratify it.

They might try, but I don't think it would get very far."

It don't matter, one day I'll wake up and find a new line in the sand with me on the opposite side. When that happens laws won't be of much use. They already did that to my AR-15. Now if I could only remember where it is, darn ;)
Send lawyers, guns and money
The shit has hit the fan

Offline DireWolf

• Freedom, Liberty & death to the NWO
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2008, 08:42:38 pm »
Let us remember we the Freedom loving "Bitter Clingers" are one of the last hurdles the NWO has to overcome before they take total possession of this great country. Being the President of the U.S. has the advantage of something called Executive Orders and I wouldn't put it past B.O. to try and write out the 2nd Amendment in an " emergency", Pdd 51 and other " laws " would allow such an act.
Freedom and Liberty, or slavery and death, your choice, choose wisely.

Offline Zed

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2008, 09:02:01 pm »
Let us remember we the Freedom loving "Bitter Clingers" are one of the last hurdles the NWO has to overcome before they take total possession of this great country. Being the President of the U.S. has the advantage of something called Executive Orders and I wouldn't put it past B.O. to try and write out the 2nd Amendment in an " emergency", Pdd 51 and other " laws " would allow such an act.

Remember also that little comment of BO's, That he would use EO's to "Speed things Up"?.
"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." 101 Things to Do 'Til the Revolution

Offline MauiCharlie

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 04:09:23 am »
let 'um ammend all they want, "shall not be infringed" is pretty damn clear to me.
And I believe I trust the founding fathers' agenda far more than any of these traitorous nwo flunkeys'.
I don't think they have the balls.....
As far as ammo goes, set up a reloading bench. Much more affordable anyway ( at least the way I like to burn off rounds).
Disobedience, in the eyes of anyone who has read history, is man's original virtue. It is through disobedience that progress has been made. It is through disobedience and through rebellion.
                                                Oscar Wilde

Offline menace

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 04:14:03 am »
A perfect storm is developing for Second Amendment opponents that could allow President-elect Barack Obama's choice for attorney general – Eric Holder – to "ban guns at will" despite the 2008 affirmation from the U.S. Supreme Court that U.S. citizens have a right to bear arms.

The situation was described with alarm by Alan Korwin, author of Gun Laws of America, in a recent commentary.

He cited Holder's known support for gun bans – the former Clinton administration official endorsed the District of Columbia's complete ban on functional guns in residents' homes before it was overturned by the Supreme Court.

And Korwin pointed to overwhelming Democratic majorities in Congress as well as Obama's known support for gun restrictions and his presence in the Oval Office.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WEAPONS OF CHOICE
Congress' plan would let AG 'ban guns at will'
2nd Amendment critics are 'ready to run wild'

Posted: January 06, 2009
10:05 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

A perfect storm is developing for Second Amendment opponents that could allow President-elect Barack Obama's choice for attorney general – Eric Holder – to "ban guns at will" despite the 2008 affirmation from the U.S. Supreme Court that U.S. citizens have a right to bear arms.

The situation was described with alarm by Alan Korwin, author of Gun Laws of America, in a recent commentary.

He cited Holder's known support for gun bans – the former Clinton administration official endorsed the District of Columbia's complete ban on functional guns in residents' homes before it was overturned by the Supreme Court.

And Korwin pointed to overwhelming Democratic majorities in Congress as well as Obama's known support for gun restrictions and his presence in the Oval Office.

(Story continues below)

Thirdly, Korwin, one of many Second Amendment advocates raising concerns, cited a proposal already submitted to Congress at a time when its backers could not reasonably expect it to succeed.

The submission is H.R. 1022 by New York Democrat Carolyn McCarthy and 67 co-sponsors. It was introduced in February 2007 and the next month referred to the House Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security, where it has stayed.

But that could change in the 111th Congress, sworn in today. And Korwin said the plan would allow the U.S. Attorney General – possibly Holder – to add to the list of guns banned to the public any "semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General."

"Note that … Holder … wrote a brief in the (District of Columbia) Heller case supporting the position that you have no right to have a working firearm in your own home," Korwin said.

In making this determination, the bill says, "there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event."

"In plain English," Korwin said, "This means that any firearm ever obtained by federal officers or the military is not suitable for the public. That presumption can be challenged only by suing the federal government over each firearm it decides to ban, in a court it runs with a judge it pays. This virtually dismisses the principles of the Second Amendment.

"The last part is particularly clever, stating that a firearm doesn't have a sporting purpose just because it can be used for sporting purpose – is that devious or what? And of course, 'sporting purpose' is a rights infringement with no constitutional or historical support whatsoever, invented by domestic enemies of the right to keep and bear arms to further their cause of disarming the innocent," he said.

Korwin told WND a new proposal to replace H.R. 1022 is not expected to be less draconian.

"Remember – these bans were proposed when the congressional anti-rights crowd had no chance of success. Now they are ready to run wild, or according to Sarah (Brady) herself, 'I have never been so confident,'" Korwin wrote, referring to the champion of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993, which requires background checks on purchasers of handguns.

Korwin said the Democrats listed in H.R. 1022 a framework for guns to be banned that includes originals, copies or duplicates of a wide-ranging list of shotguns, pistols and rifles.

One of the red flags for semiautomatic rifles would be "anything" that can serve as a grip, and as set up now, the Democrat members of the Judiciary Committee "are all sworn enemies to the Second Amendment and are unlikely to be swayed at all by any firearms related arguments," he said.

The Republicans all "need to be pressed hard to do everything they can to block the appointment."

Further, with the expectation that Obama will appoint at least one or two Supreme Court justices, further damage could be just a vote or two away, he said.

"If he can get a 5-4 or 6-3 majority who dislike gun rights, you could find that your [Second Amendment] rights aren't what they've been for 200 years," Korwin said.

John Snyder assembled a list of prominent critics of the Holder nomination.for the Firearms Coalition.

"A former Ohio secretary of state, (Ken) Blackwell notes that, 'despite Obama's new lip service to the Second Amendment, Holder signed onto a brief earlier this year (2008) reaffirming his long-held position that the Second Amendment confers no rights whatsoever to private citizens, and that the Supreme Court should have upheld D.C.'s absolute ban on handguns, even in homes."

Snyder also cited comments from Brian Darling, director of U.S. Senate Relations at the Heritage Foundation, that Holder's position "strongly suggests that Holder is hostile to private gun ownership and will work to restrict gun rights."

Shotgun News columnist Jeff Knox wrote, "The gun rights community should make every effort to see to it that Holder's nomination is withdrawn or rejected."

According to Second Amendment Foundation founder Alan Gottlieb, Holder has supported handgun licensing and mandatory trigger locks. He also lobbied for limits on gun shows.

"This is not the record of a man who will come to office as the nation's top law enforcement officer with the rights and concerns of gun owners in mind," Gottlieb wrote.

"America's 85 million gun owners have ample reason to be pessimistic about how their civil rights will fare under the Obama administration," Gottlieb said. "Mr. Obama will have a Congress with an anti-gun Democrat majority leadership to push his gun control agenda. Gun owners have not forgotten Mr. Obama's acknowledged opposition to concealed carry rights, nor his support for a ban on handgun ownership when he was running for the Illinois state senate."

The issue of gun rights is more important than many believe, wrote Joseph Farah, WND's founder and editor, in a recent column.  He cited a study from the University of Maryland and University of Michigan that uncovered a beneficial link between gun shows and crime.

"We find a sharp decline in the number of gun homicides in the weeks immediately following a gun show," the study concluded. Furthermore, in Texas they found "gun shows reduce the number of gun homicides by 16 in the average year."

"Holder’s appointment to be AG must be approved by the Senate," wrote David Codrea in the Examiner. "While it is highly unlikely that opponents could muster the 51 votes needed to reject Holder's appointment, a single senator can place a 'hold' on the confirmation and effectively lock up the system just as Democrats did with a number of President Bush's judicial appointments and the appointment of John Bolton to be Ambassador to the U.N."

The Supreme Court decided in the D.C. vs. Heller case that the Second Amendment provides an individual right to own firearms, not just the right for states to form armed militias.

The Constitution does not permit "the absolute prohibition of handguns held and used for self-defense in the home," Justice Antonin Scalia said in the majority opinion.

Justice John Paul Stevens, writing in dissent, said the majority "would have us believe that over 200 years ago, the Framers made a choice to limit the tools available to elected officials wishing to regulate civilian uses of weapons."

Scalia said the ruling should not "cast doubt on long-standing prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons or the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings."

Scalia was joined by Chief Justice John Roberts and Justices Samuel Alito, Anthony Kennedy and Clarence Thomas. Joining Stevens in dissent were Justices Stephen Breyer, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and David Souter.

The amendment, ratified in 1791, says: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=85507

Offline DireWolf

• Freedom, Liberty & death to the NWO
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2009, 09:26:45 am »
Holy smoke, bans on 'ALL' semi-auto's   that's pretty much all but wheelguns and bolt-actions rifles? 

Fat lot of good that'll do if The People need to rise up against a tyranny that has goons armed with full-auto's, tanks, rockets and nukes...

Has he forgot WHY you have a 2nd Amendment, I'm a Limey, and even I know it's in case King George, or his idealogical successors, get too big for their boots again...

Exactly. They wish to take the bite out of the tiger before they tell him no more freedom. I for one will never trade guns for food for I can use them to procure food (hunt ) without which I then become dependent on the system and a full blown slave.
Freedom and Liberty, or slavery and death, your choice, choose wisely.

Offline xopatriot

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2009, 10:17:51 pm »
Exactly. They wish to take the bite out of the tiger before they tell him no more freedom. I for one will never trade guns for food for I can use them to procure food (hunt ) without which I then become dependent on the system and a full blown slave.

Exactly no need to turn in the very tool that can feed you and at the same time save your life from a criminal wearing or not wearing a badge.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil;  my cup overflows.

Offline Nailer

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2009, 08:39:54 am »
the new obama military ..

Offline Nailer

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2009, 08:44:11 am »

If obama evens submits a Bill to ban gun ownership across the USA  I guarantee there will be Hell to pay as way too many gun owners would take up arms and head for washington.

Offline G_1776

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2009, 08:53:11 am »
Obama is the best gun salesman gun sales have increased since he took office