Author Topic: Did someone get too close?  (Read 33885 times)

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
Re: Did someone get too close?
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2008, 06:14:04 pm »
Revealing the truth about the ignorant gun ban experiment in the UK...priceless.

+100
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<

nofakenews

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2008, 06:39:46 pm »
More on the lady listed above

“She was just living a normal life,” said her mother, Judy Forrest. “It doesn’t add up. Somebody knows something, and they’re holding on to it, and we don’t know why.”

Powell was a 1998 Largo High School graduate who enlisted in the Army in 2000, served in Korea and worked as a security contractor and then at the Hopkins laboratory. Powell still had a close group of girlfriends from high school. She had never married and had no children. Court records show no criminal record, and police say they found nothing unusual or illegal in her apartment.

Michael Buckley, a spokesman for the Hopkins laboratory in Laurel, where scientists work on more than 400 homeland security and other research projects, said it was premature to speculate on whether Powell’s death had any connection to her work.

Buckley said Powell had started at the lab as a contract worker in 2004 and had become a lab employee in 2006. He declined to name the lab Powell worked in or her title, citing the “nature of the work.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/03/AR2008090304010_pf.html

nofakenews

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2008, 06:55:19 pm »

Offline Irobot

• SHOW HOST WANTED!
    • 12160 SOCIAL NETWORK
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2008, 03:23:50 am »
re: Only a high level criminal or an idiot will risk carrying a gun because of the minimum five year jail term.

It is a 3 yr sentence here in the state of Ohio, and you will do all 3.

But, people still risk carrying with out a permit for whatever reason.

We have a serial rapist here in Columbus, and I was amazed that daily the local news is talking abut women going out and buying guns for the first time.

Call this news a deterrent.

The next victim he attacks may blow him to hell where he belongs!
12160  "Destroying the NWO"
Check out the blogs, videos, and discussions!!
http://12160.info/

RADIO HOST WANTED!!! 
Trolls R People 2

tattoo8118

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2008, 03:26:35 am »
re: Only a high level criminal or an idiot will risk carrying a gun because of the minimum five year jail term.

It is a 3 yr sentence here in the state of Ohio, and you will do all 3.

But, people still risk carrying with out a permit for whatever reason. We have a serial rapist here in Columbus, and I was amazed that daily the local news is talking abut women going out and buying guns for the first time.

Call this news a deterrent.

The next victim he attacks may blow him to hell where he belongs!

That is why I love my state, here in good ol' Nevada it is a right to carry state meaning that if my gun is in plain view I can carry it anywhere, except for federal buildings, of course.

Offline Irobot

• SHOW HOST WANTED!
    • 12160 SOCIAL NETWORK
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2008, 03:32:20 am »
re: Nevada

They also passed the Castle Law here recently and are debating a law to authorize the state police to stop any Fed gun seizures like Louisiana did. God Bless them!
12160  "Destroying the NWO"
Check out the blogs, videos, and discussions!!
http://12160.info/

RADIO HOST WANTED!!! 
Trolls R People 2

EvadingGrid

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2008, 08:08:55 am »
I'm a Brit and also en ex-cop; you are talking complete and utter bs.

There are more guns in the inner cities of London and Manchester (just two of many cities I worked in) than you would believe -and it has been this way for over 20 years, long before the gun restrictions imposed after the Hungerford and Dunblane massacres.

You seem to brag that 'we have no guns' almost as if it is something to be proud of.  It isn't.  No-one any longer seems to want to go out at night in my housing estate, they fear being beaten-up or stabbed with kitchen knives. It is this way all over the country now, we are a nation too terrorized to enjoy our lands any more..

The old chestnut about anarchy being released if we arm the law-abiding is ridiculous.  In a fully armed society the scum would quite literally soon vanish, permanently.  Good people outnumber scum 10,000 to 1 that's why.

In all my time as a cop, I found it so depressing attending killings, stabbings and serious beatings, looking at the victim's face, that we cops were expected to be omnipresent for them to stop this.  We never will and never will be. Gun controllers insist that some of us being a violence statistic on a mortuary slab someplace is a necessary price to pay for an un-armed society.  What horseshit.  Try telling that to your family member when they are killed or maimed.

Go visit Texas, and take some of our Brit neighborhood scumbags along for the ride, say one of these gangs of teenagers that think it funny to beat up on adults.  Then invite the scum to go beating up on someone in Texas, or try burgle their home at night. They won't because they know they will likely get their head blown apart. Now tell me why that is a bad thing?

What an idiot you are.  You think hiding behind your door at night is preferable to having the God-given right of self-defense.  And please, don't say we all have a right to self-defense here because we don't, -try telling some 70 year old grandparent he has a right to use 'reasonable force' against a gang of 20 year olds when in law he has no effective way to enact a reasonable force.

Self-defense is a God-given right.  Not something for folks like you to see rationed to the police, politicians and royalty. Stop being such a complete coward and take responsibility for you families' right to life when the hoods come visit.

The above is a brilliant post.

The thing that annoys me the most is the press acting as if we have no right to defend ourselves, when in law we can use reasonable force and what is reasonable is decided by a jury.

Use what ever force you reasonably can to deal with any thugs.

Offline 37

• "The President of what?"
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2008, 08:31:56 am »
The gun ban started in 1997... again incorrect. please try harder. 

Gun violence is going up for a number of social and economic issues.

but yeah ok gun violence is going up.. so lets make it easier for people to get hold of guns. Genius!

Handgun crime 'up' despite ban
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1440764.stm

A new study suggests the use of handguns in crime rose by 40% in the two years after the weapons were banned.

The research, commissioned by the Countryside Alliance's Campaign for Shooting, has concluded that existing laws are targeting legitimate users of firearms rather than criminals.

The ban on ownership of handguns was introduced in 1997 as a result of the Dunblane massacre, when Thomas Hamilton opened fire at a primary school leaving 16 children and their teacher dead.

But the report suggests that despite the restrictions on ownership the use of handguns in crime is rising.

The Centre for Defence Studies at Kings College in London, which carried out the research, said the number of crimes in which a handgun was reported increased from 2,648 in 1997/98 to 3,685 in 1999/2000.

It also said there was no link between high levels of gun crime and areas where there were still high levels of lawful gun possession.

Of the 20 police areas with the lowest number of legally held firearms, 10 had an above average level of gun crime.
(cont.)

We were assuming that the discussion centered around handguns since that was the weapon used in the OP.  Most shotguns and rifles were "prohibited" by the 1988 Firearms (Amendment) Act.  Either way, gun crime continued to grow after the banning of weapons.  Largely because weapons don't motivate crime...economics do.  Not to mention that banning guns does nothing to reduce the number of violent individuals in your society.  Now they use knives, as evidenced by your recent "knife crime epidemic".  The UK gun ban is an epic failure.

You admit that the increase of gun crime is up do to social and economic factors...not the availability of guns.  You aren't even very good at trolling.
"Whatever it is, I am against it."  -Groucho Marx

Channel 37
http://www.youtube.com/user/jmortimer37

nofakenews

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2008, 12:26:51 pm »
Kanika T. Powell

I found a photo of her as well
http://projectnewera.com/2008/09/28/unsolved-murder-kanika-powell/

Offline hellcatjr

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2008, 01:31:19 pm »
Knife Attack on British Train
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950DE6DD1438F930A25751C0A96F948260

One man dead, another clings to life in knife attack epidemic
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article670054.ece

A knife attack every 4 minutes; 130,000 per year - but ministers still insist crime rates are falling
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1036154/A-knife-attack-4-minutes-130-000-year--ministers-insist-crime-rates-falling.html

Spate of knife attacks afflicts Britain
http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/07/15/europe/knives.php

Yeah, you guys have really found the solution to violent crime...
::)

British Police Arrest Suspect, After Shooting Man in Subway
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/22/international/europe/22cnd-london.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

LONDON, July 22 - One day after four attempted bombings on London's transport system, police officers pursued a man onto a subway train today and fatally shot him at close range in full view of other passengers, the authorities and witnesses said.

BTW...I'm pretty sure that the police and government agents and mafia types won't be giving their guns to Obama.  Therefore you will still see articles like the one in the OP.  Plus, if you don't have guns, why are your police carrying automatic weapons?

+1-trillion, spot on!!  8)

I Was just working over something like this until I finished scrolling down through the rest of the thread...

All of those armed cops/cameras/and extra security measures are doing the uk a HUGE favor... /extreme sarcasm/   
'A Man can only become great, when he understands his place in time' - JPM Jr.

Offline UK Lyn

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2008, 02:49:47 pm »
Sorry what?

No you are right.  It is much more likley that banning the 100 people in the UK who had hand gun liciences in the UK in 1997 lead to a massive increase in gun crime.

It was actually tens of thousands and I was one of them and I resent it to this day.

You will never stop mass killers, all that has happened post-Dunblane & Hungerford, is that in the next massacre, they may use a 16-wheeler truck driven at speed into a crowd, or maybe make some vicious explosive made EASILY from a tin of acetone from the paint shop & hydrogen peroxide from a hairdressers suppliers -and kill many, many more.  Oh yeah, that happened here didn't it? Gonna ban household chemicals now?

I repeat this: You will never stop mass killers.

Our society is demonstrably a failure in-terms of being more humane or peaceful. It has failed, period.  There will always be someone out there who wants to kill someone else -maybe selecting you or your family. And they will use a knife, hammer, or even a length of chicken wire, whatever, you will not stop these people from existing, they are part of the human condition and this is why we have a God-given right, RIGHT to effective means of personal protection.  That does NOT mean awaiting a police officer arriving perhaps 15 minutes after the event, what the hell use is that?

I would rather look members of a jury in the eye as a consequence of carrying a weapon of defense, than my dead eyes be looked upon by a pathologist.

--------

I only have one question to ask you, but I predict you will simply evade it:

Some dark night, should you find yourself face-to-face with a robber, burglar, or someone else intent on sticking a knife into your chest, would you then be in support of your right to own a gun and wish you had one?

Don't you DARE say 'it won't happen to me', that is selfish arrogance as it bloody well DOES happen to people every week.

Well?

Offline chris jones

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2008, 07:02:19 am »
Sounds eriely familiar to the days when the Gambino and Genovese crime families were are war.  The Feds are the new Cosa Nostra. 

Yeah, I agree this sounds like a hit.

They make the mafia look like boyscouts.

A hit, sure, and a 1.5 million dead...Now thats big money.MIC

These guys are the elite of the elite criminal parasites.

Offline national732

• Wake up call...the republic has been stolen.
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2008, 10:30:14 am »
   I wonder what was on page 1 that disturbs the detractors so much.  I would encourage everyone to review
the first few posts on page 1, maybe they want the focus off of that?

Do you have enough food on hand to feed your family for a year?

" The two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can "throw the rascals out" at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shift in policy."
                  - Carroll Quigley

PplVsNWO

« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2008, 11:20:06 am »
If Lyn was had a gun like every responsible citizen should, it would be a moot point point because the attacker would be dead.  If you have a gun, it is your responsibility to learn how to use it, if you know how to use it nobody will be able to take it away(be it an attacker or a rogue government such as yours). 
I am seriosly surprised that your anti-gun trolling ass hasn't been banned yet, but you won't find many around here that will agree with you.

Offline DireWolf

• Freedom, Liberty & death to the NWO
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2008, 07:34:40 pm »
Had this man who committed this murder been under the presumption that the majority of those who he would encounter while in the process of completing this awful deed could possibly do to him as he did to another it is likely it would not have happened, knowing full well that it was a remote chance he would encounter another armed person only served to embolden the perpetrator and as happened served to insure his escape, for few are those who being unarmed will confront an armed person.
Freedom and Liberty, or slavery and death, your choice, choose wisely.

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2008, 08:22:21 pm »
It would be worthwhile to collect info on all these types of murders and "suicides" in one place where we can look for the connections and discuss what we've found.

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?board=316.0

Kucinich's 2 siblings.

Dan Wallace

Aaron Russo

Pat Tillman

Daniel Perl

DC Madam

Anthrax Scientist

George Carlin

BTW - The international banking cartel just assassinated Michael Corbin in May.

there are literally thousands
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

nofakenews

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2008, 01:40:38 am »
I really wished the DC Madam would have made a video for alex jones like in the event of my death please expose this tape but you are right sane a lot of them.