Author Topic: Henry Kissinger: "2009 Will Mark the Beginning of a New World Order"  (Read 18828 times)

Offline liko

• Freedom or Nothing!
America will be less powerful, but still the essential nation in creating a new world order, argues Henry Kissinger, a former secretary of state and founder of Kissinger Associates

The most significant event of 2009 will be the transformation of the Washington consensus that market principles trumped national boundaries. The WTO, the IMF and the World Bank defended that system globally. Periodic financial crises were interpreted not as warning signals of what could befall the industrial nations but as aberrations of the developing world to be remedied by domestic stringency—a policy which the advanced countries were not, in the event, prepared to apply to themselves.

The absence of restraint encouraged a speculation whose growing sophistication matched its mounting lack of transparency. An unparalleled period of growth followed, but also the delusion that an economic system could sustain itself via debt indefinitely. In reality, a country could live in such a profligate manner only so long as the rest of the world retained confidence in its economic prescriptions. That period has now ended.

Any economic system, but especially a market economy, produces winners and losers. If the gap between them becomes too great, the losers will organise themselves politically and seek to recast the existing system—within nations and between them. This will be a major theme of 2009.

Click here to find out more!

America’s unique military and political power produced a comparable psychological distortion. The sudden collapse of the Soviet Union tempted the United States to proclaim universal political goals in a world of seeming unipolarity—but objectives were defined by slogans rather than strategic feasibility.

Now that the clay feet of the economic system have been exposed, the gap between a global system for economics and the global political system based on the state must be addressed as a dominant task in 2009. The economy must be put on a sound footing, entitlement programmes reviewed and the national dependence on debt overcome. Hopefully, in the process, past lessons of excessive state control will not be forgotten.

The debate will be over priorities, transcending the longstanding debate between idealism and realism. Economic constraints will oblige America to define its global objectives in terms of a mature concept of the national interest. Of course, a country that has always prided itself on its exceptionalism will not abandon the moral convictions by which it defined its greatness. But America needs to learn to discipline itself into a strategy of gradualism that seeks greatness in the accumulation of the attainable. By the same token, our allies must be prepared to face the necessary rather than confining foreign policy to so-called soft power.

Every major country will be driven by the constraints of the fiscal crisis to re-examine its relationship to America. All—and especially those holding American debt—will be assessing the decisions that brought them to this point. As America narrows its horizons, what is a plausible security system and aimed at what threats? What is the future of capitalism? How, in such circumstances, does the world deal with global challenges, such as nuclear proliferation or climate change?

America will have to learn that world order depends on a structure that participants support because they helped bring it about

America will remain the most powerful country, but will not retain the position of self-proclaimed tutor. As it learns the limits of hegemony, it should define implementing consultation beyond largely American conceptions. The G8 will need a new role to embrace China, India, Brazil and perhaps South Africa.

The immediate challenge

In Iraq, if the surge strategy holds, there must be a diplomatic conference in 2009 to establish principles of non-intervention and define the country’s international responsibilities.

The dilatory diplomacy towards Iran must be brought to a focus. The time available to forestall an Iranian nuclear programme is shrinking and American involvement is essential in defining what we and our allies are prepared to seek and concede and, above all, the penalty to invoke if negotiations reach a stalemate. Failing that, we will have opted to live in a world of an accelerating nuclear arms race and altered parameters of security.

In 2009 the realities of Afghanistan will impose themselves. No outside power has ever prevailed by establishing central rule, as Britain learnt in the 19th century and the Soviet Union in the 20th. The collection of nearly autonomous provinces which define Afghanistan coalesce in opposition to outside attempts to impose central rule. Decentralisation of the current effort is essential.

All this requires a new dialogue between America and the rest of the world. Other countries, while asserting their growing roles, are likely to conclude that a less powerful America still remains indispensable. America will have to learn that world order depends on a structure that participants support because they helped bring it about. If progress is made on these enterprises, 2009 will mark the beginning of a new world order.

An End of Hubris
19 November 2008
From The Economist: The World in 2009 (print edition)

http://www.economist.com/theworldin/displaystory.cfm?story_id=12574180

Offline chris jones

Re: Henry Kissinger: "2009 Will Mark the Beginning of a New World Order"
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 05:35:11 am »

HENRY. Is a freak of nature, a war criminal, and he sits at the table of the elite MASTERS.

He should have been jailed during the pullout of Vitanam for his treason.

strgzr

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 05:36:34 am »
I don't like to wish misfortune on anyone even the most evil sort like Kissinger, but I wonder how long this man can live? I guess it's true that only the good die young. I had 7 uncles on my mothers side in the same age group as Kissinger and Bush the elder. They went off to Asia and Europe during WWII and did what they saw as there duty. They all survived the war and came home to lead productive lives. They were good men, and all have passed. Yet here's a man who is arguably one of the most evil influences on America this past century plus, that just keeps going and going. I have a lot of questions for God if I ever come face to face.

strgzr

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 05:39:52 am »
HENRY. Is a freak of nature, a war criminal, and he sits at the table of the elite MASTERS.

He should have been jailed during the pullout of Vitanam for his treason.
I don't like to wish misfortune on anyone even the most evil sort like Kissinger, but I wonder how long this man can live? I guess it's true that only the good die young. I had 7 uncles on my mothers side in the same age group as Kissinger and Bush the elder. They went off to Asia and Europe during WWII and did what they saw as there duty. They all survived the war and came home to lead productive lives. They were good men, and all have passed. Yet here's a man who is arguably one of the most evil influences on America this past century plus, that just keeps going and going. I have a lot of questions for God if I ever come face to face.

Hi chris. You beat me to this topic by one minute. I see we both feel about the same concerning Henry.

Merry Christmas to you in case I don't get another chance. And I hope you have a fine New Year. That also goes out to all on this forum.

Offline 241727

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 05:58:53 am »
Why is it that Kissinger can mention a New World Order without being laughed at ?

When ever I mention a New World Order, I am called a conspiracy theorist....

Offline Triadtropz

• Gods army is real..join up..
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 06:05:59 am »
Why is it that Kissinger can mention a New World Order without being laughed at ?

he would know ..kissinger is one of the original architects...him and bush sr should be in a cell....
one man with courage makes a majority..TJ

Offline David Rothscum

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 06:26:10 am »
Well go ahead Henry Kissinger. Set up your New World Order. I know you want it, so just go for it. Just realize that the moment you set it up your life will be a living hell, and you're the one who will live in terror instead of us. Don't think we're just going to thank you for stopping an international crisis by destroying our future. Don't think we're just going to wait for your next move. People worldwide will resist the New World Order, they'll hunt you and your fellow murderers down, and you'll live to see the entire world structure you took decades to build collapse within a few months.

Offline OldSchool

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 07:12:41 am »
Henry is what, 200 years old now? Why won't this man just crawl in his hole? Sheesh!  :-\
Life is like a box of chocolates.....until some Neocon clubs you with your own leg and steals it.

Offline cog

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 07:19:33 am »

lol reminds me of something i was thinking about the other day, about how its common knowledge that politicians lie, cheat etc, if you say 'politicians are dishonest' in a room full of people everyone will agree with you and cheer. but when we try to bring up specific examples of when they lie, we're called conspiracy theorists.
I'm still trying to figure out how to phrase it the best but my quote would go somethign like:

"The fact that politicans lie and cheat all the time is public knowledge, but this becomes a 'conspiracy' when people give specific examples of their lies."

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 07:21:09 am »
"Political satire became obsolete the day Henry Kissinger was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize." -Tom Lehrer (One of the most influential political satire artists of the 20th century.)
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline matrixcutter

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 09:06:24 am »
Dec. 15, 2008
Alan Watt "Cutting Through The Matrix" on RBN (ads removed):
USA and the Kiss of Death:
"Kissinger Proclaims a New World Order,
Soft-Power Groups (NGOs) to Transform Border,
Bursting Asunder like Plates Tectonic,
The Phoenix Rises, New Economic,
New System Debt-Free, Highly Maintainable,
No Self-Serving Public, Must Be Sustainable,
No Home on the Prairies, Home on the Range,
2009 Will Bring Significant Change,
Weather Change to be Top of the Books,
Glance Outside, See How it Looks,
Whether it's Rainy or Nice Sunny Day,
One Thing's for Sure, You'll Pay and Pay,
A Road to Utopia, Keep it In Mind,
Eugenicists Run It and They Just Ain't Kind"
***Dialogue Copyrighted Alan Watt - Dec. 15, 2008 (Exempting Music, Literary Quotes, and Callers' Comments)
***LISTEN / DOWNLOAD

Topics of show covered in following links:

"The World in 2009 - United States - 'An end of hubris' " Henry Kissinger (economist.com) - Nov. 19, 2008.

"Is a New World Order in the Making?" By Dr Abdullah Al Shayji (thecurrentaffairs.com) - Nov. 26, 2008.

"Discrimination against white males will soon be encouraged" by Susie O'Brien, Herald Sun (news.com.au) - Dec. 9, 2008.

Offline matrixcutter

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 09:30:48 am »
Dec. 15, 2008
Alan Watt "Cutting Through The Matrix" on RBN (ads removed):
USA and the Kiss of Death:
"Kissinger Proclaims a New World Order,
Soft-Power Groups (NGOs) to Transform Border,
Bursting Asunder like Plates Tectonic,
The Phoenix Rises, New Economic,
New System Debt-Free, Highly Maintainable,
No Self-Serving Public, Must Be Sustainable,
No Home on the Prairies, Home on the Range,
2009 Will Bring Significant Change,
Weather Change to be Top of the Books,
Glance Outside, See How it Looks,
Whether it's Rainy or Nice Sunny Day,
One Thing's for Sure, You'll Pay and Pay,
A Road to Utopia, Keep it In Mind,
Eugenicists Run It and They Just Ain't Kind"
***Dialogue Copyrighted Alan Watt - Dec. 15, 2008 (Exempting Music, Literary Quotes, and Callers' Comments)
***LISTEN / DOWNLOAD

Topics of show covered in following links:

"The World in 2009 - United States - 'An end of hubris' " Henry Kissinger (economist.com) - Nov. 19, 2008.

"Is a New World Order in the Making?" By Dr Abdullah Al Shayji (thecurrentaffairs.com) - Nov. 26, 2008.

"Discrimination against white males will soon be encouraged" by Susie O'Brien, Herald Sun (news.com.au) - Dec. 9, 2008.
And here's the transcript for that show.

Offline 241727

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 09:41:38 am »
"Political satire became obsolete the day Henry Kissinger was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize." -Tom Lehrer (One of the most influential political satire artists of the 20th century.)

ROFL
 ;D

Offline DCUBED

• Sieg Heil!
“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”  - Arthur Conan Doyle

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." J. Edgar Hoover

Offline chris jones

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 09:38:50 am »
lol reminds me of something i was thinking about the other day, about how its common knowledge that politicians lie, cheat etc, if you say 'politicians are dishonest' in a room full of people everyone will agree with you and cheer. but when we try to bring up specific examples of when they lie, we're called conspiracy theorists.
I'm still trying to figure out how to phrase it the best but my quote would go somethign like:

"The fact that politicans lie and cheat all the time is public knowledge, but this becomes a 'conspiracy' when people give specific examples of their lies."

Hi cog link.

This term is an example of what he propaganda machine began after JFK was murdered.

The people who sou8ght the ruth wre labled in defiance of our leaders and the Warren report. Therfor the Gov. came up with this name, and it has been a label that conjurs up images of anything from mental cases, tin hats, anarchists, dissidents, anti Americans, well you name it.
It was imposed on the masses in a subliminal manner, it worked, for decades it has been a red light for the bubble heads, or for the people who live according to the Goverment dictates and know no other way. In other words, its become through the years a term of quackery, and lunatics. Exactly what the Gov. intended.
There are a serious number of people who know the truth, however they care not be labled by this term, it would interupt their stance in society. Much easier for the masses to go with the flow, societys children so to say.
The other side of the coin, very shortly they may be coming to truthers for assistance, the worm has turned.

Offline uwaf

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 01:17:43 pm »
I NEVER wish death to people that are evil. Hell is here on Earth, dying would be a relief.

Offline CharlesB

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2008, 02:25:26 pm »
Hearing Kissinger speak of a "new world order" made me think of this by Rage Against the Machine:

Know Your Enemy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LvwzanCLCo&feature=related

Offline Capt. Obvious

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2008, 02:28:52 pm »
Kissinger is a conspiracy theorist

Offline Godisconsciousness

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 09:06:10 am »
he's a living news paper owned by the other religion.
march in the streets, alone even
before you're parched, beat and moan in treason.

Offline 241727

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 04:45:14 pm »
So far my research has lead me to belive that according to their Ancient Mystery Religon they belive in, that they think the New Age begins is there age... and that would be when the age of piceses finishes, and the age of aquarius begins.

But please understand I dont "do" astrology, and I'm not an astronomer.

However A.C Clarke says 2010, Kissinger is saying 2009. They are probably both taking about the calendar event of precession timed for Dec 21st 2009, which is almost the beginning of 2010.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 08:33:52 pm »
Henry Kissinger. It's not that complicated.
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline shy69iskrazy

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 06:52:08 am »

However A.C Clarke says 2010, Kissinger is saying 2009. They are probably both taking about the calendar event of precession timed for Dec 21st 2009, which is almost the beginning of 2010.

And that would be?