Author Topic: Gov. warns of "catastrophic" quake they will create in NLE11 w/Fracking & HAARP  (Read 11816 times)

Offline DCUBED

• Sieg Heil!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081120/ts_nm/us_earthquake_study

Government warns of "catastrophic" U.S. quake

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Reuters) – People in a vast seismic zone in the southern and midwestern United States would face catastrophic damage if a major earthquake struck there and should ensure that builders keep that risk in mind, a government report said on Thursday.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency said if earthquakes strike in what geologists define as the New Madrid Seismic Zone, they would cause "the highest economic losses due to a natural disaster in the United States."

FEMA predicted a large earthquake would cause "widespread and catastrophic physical damage" across Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri and Tennessee -- home to some 44 million people.

Tennessee is likely to be hardest hit, according to the study that sought to gauge the impact of a 7.7 magnitude earthquake in order to guide the government's response.

In Tennessee alone, it forecast hundreds of collapsed bridges, tens of thousands of severely damaged buildings and a half a million households without water.

Transportation systems and hospitals would be wrecked, and police and fire departments impaired, the study said.

The zone, named for the town of New Madrid in Missouri's southeast corner, is subject to frequent mild earthquakes.

Experts have long tried to predict the likelihood of a major quake like those that struck in 1811 and 1812. These shifted the course of the Mississippi River and rang church bells on the East Coast but caused few deaths amid a sparse population.

"People who live in these areas and the people who build in these areas certainly need to take into better account that at some time there is ... expected to be a catastrophic earthquake in that area, and they'd better be prepared for it," said FEMA spokesperson Mary Margaret Walker.
“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”  - Arthur Conan Doyle

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." J. Edgar Hoover

Online donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
Re: Government warns of "catastrophic" U.S. quake
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 07:17:27 pm »
It could happen tomorrow!   ::)
Please visit my website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

Offline DCUBED

• Sieg Heil!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 07:23:54 pm »
It could happen tomorrow!   ::)

Yeah really, what is FEMA trying to do...scare people?  There's no point in worrying about it, nothing has happened in almost 200 years.

Probably just another way for FEMA to increase their budget.
“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”  - Arthur Conan Doyle

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." J. Edgar Hoover

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 07:27:54 pm »
Many have exposed an NWO plan to cause just such a thing.

Project Camelot had an interview with the ultimate soldier.

He envisioned this being part of an NWO plan to cause total chaos in the US.

I never thought anymore about it until now.

yuck!
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Online donnay

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 07:52:06 pm »
Yeah really, what is FEMA trying to do...scare people?  There's no point in worrying about it, nothing has happened in almost 200 years.

Probably just another way for FEMA to increase their budget.

They may induce one with their weather modification tools like H.A.A.R.P.

Weather War?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=1061

"Others [terrorists] are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves… So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations…It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our [counterterrorism] efforts."

This quote comes from President Clinton's Secretary of Defense William Cohen at an April 1997 counterterrorism conference sponsored by former Senator Sam Nunn.

http://www.susanrennison.com/HAARP_ECO_Perspective.html

Offline stangrof

• http://www.ipernity.com/home/stangrof
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 07:19:45 am »
Of course, they want you restless and fearfull. A quake? no problem, haarp and that kind of weapons are there for that, aren't they?
bye
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.
Oscar Wild
twitter :https://twitter.com/stangrof

Offline chris jones

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 07:27:03 am »

Get the FEMA camps organized and manned, keep up the barbwire and armed guards, home sweet home.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 07:34:31 am »

More fear mongering.  Yes, the worst earthquake in the history of this country was near St. Louis, Mo. Fema's job is to scare us.  Yes, they will cause chaos somewhere.  Death to the NWO.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline Dok

• end times and current events
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 09:58:56 am »
It happened once.

The New Madrid Earthquake
of

1811 - 1812

http://asms.k12.ar.us/armem/richards/

Earthquakes and the New Madrid Fault Line
http://www.showme.net/~fkeller/quake/index.htm

New Madrid quake.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHZA9-U9ATg
HOW TO BE SAVED
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_saved.html

Ye Must Be Born Again!
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/ye_must_be_born_again.htm

True Salvation & the TRUE Gospel/Good News!
http://www.contendingfortruth.com/?p=1060

how to avoid censorship ;)

Offline paladin

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 10:15:48 am »
This guy is a Coast To Coast AM regular & was on last night. I didn't hear it yet, but I got this in their new daily email: Thursday's first hour guest, geologist Jim Berkland said there's an 85% probability of seismic activity during the window of Dec. 12 -13th, 2008, due to a full moon and very high tides.

This guy was around 70 or 75% accuracy rate.
I'm in Sw Indiana, real close to the New Madrid Fault. :-\

"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph"- THOMAS PAINE

Offline xTruthSeekerx

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 10:16:32 am »
im 4 hours away from KC thanks for the heads up guys

Offline Dok

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 10:19:57 am »
It was so bad that the Mississippi flowed backwards.
HOW TO BE SAVED

Ye Must Be Born Again!

Offline heavyhebrew

• Laughter is the best medicine.
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 10:21:50 am »
Come on up to Seattle. We just have floods, 4 military bases all within 50 miles of each other, wind storms, bad drivers and mindless liberals interested only in preening their beliefs.

IT'S GREEEEEEAT!

Wait, wasn't there a fictional what if book about the New Madrid fault line? complete with a race war?
We work jobs we hate to pay for stuff we don't need to impress people we don't like. Am I the crazy one here?

Offline xTruthSeekerx

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 10:22:38 am »
Come on up to Seattle. We just have floods, 4 military bases all within 50 miles of each other, wind storms, bad drivers and mindless liberals interested only in preening their beliefs.

IT'S GREEEEEEAT!

Wait, wasn't there a fictional what if book about the New Madrid fault line? complete with a race war?

dude i am trying to move to seattle, illinois sucks and seattle has starbucks so id be content

Offline ConcordeWarrior

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 10:27:21 am »
This US Gov warning sounds like the Sorcha Faals Maybe they are inter-related? LOL
The Sky is My Home

Offline lazarus

• Physician
    • kalamation
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 10:30:43 am »
This is so bizarre. Now that we can expect a new pearl harbor for every new administration, all of a sudden the government has to warn us of an earthquake looming. This gives credence to many's testimonies on HAARP. I swear sometimes I think I must be dreaming.
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When mercy seasons justice

Mber

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 12:01:21 pm »
This US Gov warning sounds like the Sorcha Faals Maybe they are inter-related? LOL

lol, they definitely are SUCH FOOLS!

JBS

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 12:08:44 pm »
more completely un necessary FEMA scare mongering. those areas never have quakes
 an asteroid could hit anytime so you better live in terror and fear and live like there is no tomorrow

Offline Klwm

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 01:14:56 pm »
more completely un necessary FEMA scare mongering. those areas never have quakes
 an asteroid could hit anytime so you better live in terror and fear and live like there is no tomorrow

FEMA Camps. I first heard about these camps back in 1999, when I was reading and posting in a Y2K newsgroup on usenet. We did a search and came up with the same info thats out there today.

Ok..so considering the camps have been out there and ready for use for the last nine years, why weren't they used in the aftermath of Katrina? If they -are- out there, why have they never been used?

Im in Anchorage Ak. there is supposed to be a camp on the NW corner of Ft Rich..but uhhm...that corner backs up against water, and its not really big enough to hide a huge camp . Also that corner is bordered by the Glenn Highway. On top of that Alaska has more small planes than any other state and never once have I heard any reports of a mysterious camp. The camp near Fairbanks is supposedly the largest camp of all, built to hold half a million people. Thats more than the population of Alaska! And again..no reports of this camp from bush pilots.

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 01:25:21 pm »
Who controls the FEMA camp contracts...General Electric

Who conditions us to accept prison life...General Electric (Lock Up series on MSNBC): http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=2663.0

Who can create the most powerful earthquakes via WMD's (largest manufacturers of nuke weaponry)...General Electric

"GE, we bring good things to life...SO WE CAN KILL AND ENSLAVE IT!"
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline DCUBED

• Sieg Heil!
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 01:29:20 pm »
And now GE owns the Weather Channel.

Online donnay

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 01:31:46 pm »
I have been boycotting GE for years!!

Others should follow...

Offline L2Design

• GOT GLOCK
    • Graphic Design/Printing
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 03:16:59 pm »
Many have exposed an NWO plan to cause just such a thing.

Project Camelot had an interview with the ultimate soldier.

He envisioned this being part of an NWO plan to cause total chaos in the US.

I never thought anymore about it until now.

yuck!

Duncan! Yah he needs to be a guest. I think he lives in St Thomas.
Make it so!

Offline Pheonix Renewed

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 03:48:29 pm »
dude i am trying to move to seattle, illinois sucks and seattle has starbucks so id be content

LOL!

Ah, I needed a good laugh, thanks!  ;D
Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

-Edmund Burke

Do not under-estimate your own mind. That is the NWO's job.

- Cathiasus

Offline CaptBebops

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 04:32:22 pm »
This guy is a Coast To Coast AM regular & was on last night. I didn't hear it yet, but I got this in their new daily email: Thursday's first hour guest, geologist Jim Berkland said there's an 85% probability of seismic activity during the window of Dec. 12 -13th, 2008, due to a full moon and very high tides.

This guy was around 70 or 75% accuracy rate.
I'm in Sw Indiana, real close to the New Madrid Fault. :-\

According to C2C's web site Berkland is predicting one on the west coast.  He predicted the Loma Prieta quake and got fired by Alameda county for making the prediction.  Tides tend to pull on the earth's crust as much as 3'.   Russian scientists the last few years have pretty much validated Berkland's hypothesis.  I do some astrology and I can always count on an earthquake somewhere around the time of a high tide.  What I've been noting recently is that when the moon is in a quadrant (around 90% away) recent ones have been occurring.  The Russians say the problem is that you don't know which fault is going to be effected by this gravitational strain.  Earthquakes occur on the ones that are ready to go and after they start to settle down after being pulled up.  Someday we may be able to map the subsurface enough to tell which areas are vulnerable.  I think it is crazy to have a city on the peninsula where San Francisco is.  That should just be a harbor with lots of warehouses and no high rise buildings.

Offline L2Design

• GOT GLOCK
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 05:09:37 pm »
Well, head south down to me! Louisiana...
I will help any Prison Planeteer  ;D ;D ;D

Just private message prior.

Been through two hurricanes--so I know the pain....

and the oil companies here are hiring...and next year is going
to be a BIG one.
Make it so!

Offline Calvin

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 09:32:54 pm »

granite city just sucks not IL !

Btw..........Got any Morales Tacos ?

Also theres a starbucks @ SIUE

Offline L2Design

• GOT GLOCK
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2008, 12:12:48 am »

Mt Rainier is a volcano...

Starbucks is evil...

Rains too much in Seattle...
Make it so!

Offline CalebJamesDeLisle

• Without https, your not anonymous either.
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2008, 12:32:50 am »
"
Tesla's Oscillator is a mechanical oscillator conceived of and invented by Nikola Tesla in 1898. It is also referred to as the "Earthquake Machine." The machine which Tesla tested was small, around seven inches long, and weighing only one or two pounds; something "you could put in your overcoat pocket". In 1898, Tesla's New York lab was nearly shaken to pieces with this little device, operated by only five pounds of air pressure acting against a special pneumatic piston device. The whole assembly was designed to be powered by steam pressure.
"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla%27s_oscillator

God only knows what they have by now.
Life is short, smile more! :-D

Historically, it is when the elites begin to go after the creative people and forward thinkers that their empire fails due to lack of ingenuity.

Offline GoingEtheric

• Seed the world with the truth
    • HollywoodInsiders.net
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2008, 12:37:29 am »
those are some pretty odd-ball places for big quakes

Offline CaptBebops

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2008, 02:44:44 pm »
Seattle's fault line is prone to subduction quakes which can be much more dangerous as the plates move under each other.  These can cause more damage than faults like the San Andreas.   Just when such a quake will occur in Seattle is anyone's guess.  Could be soon, could be centuries.  Rainer might blow before then.  But then an asteroid might hit earth and your next incarnations will be spent as cockroaches.  ;D

Offline Dok

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2008, 12:40:16 pm »
Expert: Small Ark. earthquakes could be warning
By JON GAMBRELL – 1 day ago

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — A series of small earthquakes that rattled central Arkansas in recent weeks could be a sign of something much bigger to come.

By this weekend, seismologists hope to install three measurement devices to gather data about future temblors in the area. That information could show whether the rumbles come from heat-related geological changes or from an undiscovered fault — which could mean a risk of substantial earthquakes in the future.

"The potential for generating a high-magnitude earthquake is real," said Haydar Al-Shukri, director of the Arkansas Earthquake Center at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Five earthquakes ranging in magnitude from 2.2 to 2.7 have hit central Arkansas this month. Quakes with a magnitude of 2.5 to 3 are typically the smallest felt by people.

While hundreds of earthquakes occur each year, including several in Arkansas, the location of the recent ones give Al-Shukri pause. Arkansas quakes generally occur in the state's northeast corner, part of the New Madrid Seismic Zone, where three temblors with magnitudes of around 8 struck during the winter of 1812 and smaller ones continue today.

But central Arkansas does not have any seismic history, Al-Shukri said.

"It is abnormal. It is significant," he said. "We need to carefully watch this activity."

The area does not have any permanent seismograph, so researchers asked the University of Memphis in Tennessee if they could use its portable equipment. The nearest seismographs aren't close enough to provide the detailed readings scientists need to determine what could be causing the tremors or properly locate their origin, said Scott Ausbrooks, the geohazard supervisor for the Arkansas Geological Survey.

"I don't know if you've looked at a map of where these events are located, but they've got a scatter on them," he said. "We're thinking this is probably the inherited error built in when you try to locate events of this small a magnitude from that far away."

Ausbrooks said officials would install the three seismographs around Magnet Cove, a Hot Spring County community near where a magnitude-2.7 earthquake hit on Nov. 1. Residents told police dispatchers they heard what sounded like an explosion.

One possible culprit could be a hydrothermal quake, caused by extremely hot fluid pushing into rocks under the surface. The hot fluid percolates into the cracks of the rocks and causes movement, Al-Shukri said.

That theory matches the geologic history of the area. Central Arkansas is home to Hot Springs, a city that grew up around its namesake spas. The springs have 143-degree waters rushing to the surface continuously.

If that's the case, the earthquakes likely wouldn't pose a drastic danger to the area, Al-Shukri said. At their strongest, such quakes reach only a magnitude of 5, the U.S. Geological Survey's threshold for "moderate."

However, if the earthquakes are caused by a previously unknown fault, that could mean a much more powerful temblor in the future. A recently discovered fault in eastern Arkansas near Marianna caused an earthquake with a magnitude of between 7.2 and 7.5 in the past 5,000 years, Al-Shukri said. That could cause widespread, heavy damage.

"Now, it's not active, but in geologist time, that's yesterday," he said.

Ausbrooks wouldn't speculate on what could be causing the earthquakes, saying he wanted to see what data the seismographs capture. However, he acknowledged an unknown fault could be running through the area.

"There are numerous faults across the state, both known and unknown," Ausbrooks said. "This area has got a lot of faults associated with it from the mountain building of the Ouachitas, but they're considered inactive."

On the Net:
Arkansas Geological Survey: http://www.geology.ar.gov
UALR Arkansas Earthquake Center: http://quake.ualr.edu
U.S. Geological Survey: http://www.usgs.gov

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gFMHRVlmLRQtwwnjzoDjOGi6iMqAD94NSS4O3
HOW TO BE SAVED

Ye Must Be Born Again!