Author Topic: Blackwater assists DEA in Cannabis Dispensary Raid in LA, CA August 2008  (Read 13431 times)

Offline truthwarrior7

http://safeaccessnow.org/blog/?p=130

DEA Can’t Do Its Own Job - Calls in Blackwater to Raid Medical Marijuana Providers
August 1st, 2008
Posted by Rebecca Saltzman

Yesterday, the DEA raided a medical marijuana dispensary in Culver City, spending hours on site detaining employees and ultimately leaving the facility in disarray. This is unfortunately not an unusal story. Since 2005, the DEA has raided dozens of state-sanctioned dispensaries in California.

But this time was different. We’re used to the DEA calling in help from various federal agencies and local law enforcement. But I guess none of their usual buddies were available yesterday because from the picture below, which appeared in the LA Times today, it looks like they had to resort to calling in Blackwater:

The DEA often likes to say that medical marijuana is not their top priority (though at the height of the raids last year, they were raiding an average of one dispensary per week). They like to argue that medical marijuana raids do not take resources away from other drug interdiction. Yet this photo makes me wonder - if they have sufficient resources to shut down meth labs and to bust medical marijuana providers, why do they need the help of Blackwater, a private agency?

Yet another reason we need Congress to hold oversight hearings on DEA medical marijuana activities. Good to know that House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers is concerned about this issue and has already begun to question the DEA on its actions.

Offline Initiated

Re: Blackwater assists DEA in Cannabis Dispensary Raid in LA, CA August 2008
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 12:22:00 am »
Thanks for the post. I wonder if people might become acclimated to seeing companies like Blackwater on their streets to enforce illegal federal override of local jurisdiction and law. Who pays Blackwater to do this? Our taxes maybe? Interesting...
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives."  ~ James Madison

Offline Revolt426

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 01:58:42 am »
They can do their job just fine. The Bush Administration has been looking for every possible oppurtunity to give Black Water contracts, especially since Iraq started cracking down on their reckless murderous rampages. They will blow as much money on this merc firm as they can, the DEA can easily raid a Marijuana Dispensory, which itself is evil because those are mostly for Cancer patients and the economy is already collapsing.
"Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate … It will purge the rottenness out of the system..." - Andrew Mellon, Secretary of Treasury, 1929.

Offline Revolt426

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 02:01:43 am »
actually the Federal law combined with the authority given to the DEA over writes the local law now.
"Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate … It will purge the rottenness out of the system..." - Andrew Mellon, Secretary of Treasury, 1929.

strgzr

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 04:11:01 am »
This is a very sick, and unsettling development.

Offline TheCaliKid

• What can we do about it, really?
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 04:26:54 am »
One word - scary.
Better to beg for forgiveness, than to ask for permission

Offline EchelonMonitor

• Infowars Ning Network--upload your photos for posting in the forum
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 05:18:46 am »
The prison guards union (the largest, richest, and most powerful lobby in California--and that in itself shows what a sick nation we are--no where else in the world would people let prison guards have that much power) managed to defeat the California proposition which would have released non-violent marijuana "offenders" from state prisons and saved the cash-strapped state a lot of money.

80,000 arrests annually for marijuana in California alone, with 800,000 nationally--what a total waste of billions of taxpayer dollars.

Now Blackwater is into drug enforcement?  Oh well, with them supplying the drugs, they're going to get even cheaper.

Offline peepnklown

• Rabbi Minarchist
    • FJPX2
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 06:00:56 am »
Well, if the federal government played by the rules (constitution) they would understand this is a state government issue.
FJPX2 = Experimental Electronic Music

blackwater

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 11:49:23 am »

I believe this is the picture mentioned in the article.

In actuality, the DEA agent was probably just wearing a Blackwater T-shirt....

Probably got it at a training class run by blackwater or maybe even bought it on their website.

Offline 911aware

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 12:55:13 pm »
Well, if the federal government played by the rules (constitution) they would understand this is a state government issue.

play by the 'rules'???? that would be great!  states' rights for all!!!!!!!

centralized government is an unaccountable government.
It's a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear.  -norm

Offline truthwarrior7

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 12:59:11 pm »
Hey Blackwater,
I seriously doubt that he would be allowed to wear that shirt or would choose to wear that shirt if he was not working for Blackwater.

Offline spangler

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 01:04:02 pm »
Blackwater assists DEA in Cannabis Dispensary Raid

I guess Nugent wasn't available?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1u038jiNEY

Offline 911aware

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 01:17:30 pm »
he's so hypocritical

freedom, unless you toke, because you are a villain destroying lives??? what an idiot.
It's a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear.  -norm

Offline spangler

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 01:28:57 pm »
he's so hypocritical

freedom, unless you toke, because you are a villain destroying lives??? what an idiot.

Yeah and if he's so concerned about substance abuse destroying lives where is he on tobacco, alcohol and prescription drugs, each of which cause terrible injury to people, families and communities.

Offline truthwarrior7

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 01:57:04 pm »
and since they are not government agents you don't get the death penalty for killing them.

Offline Overcast

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 02:01:07 pm »
Yeah and if he's so concerned about substance abuse destroying lives where is he on tobacco, alcohol and prescription drugs, each of which cause terrible injury to people, families and communities.

And ALL of those combined, and doubled - STILL do not come close to how much damage Alcohol does to Society and Lives.

I bet these agents were LESS scared on this raid than a regular cop responding to a domestic violence call with alcohol involved.
And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

Offline spangler

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 02:02:46 pm »
And ALL of those combined, and doubled - STILL do not come close to how much damage Alcohol does to Society and Lives.

I mentioned alcohol :)

Offline Overcast

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 02:13:30 pm »
I mentioned alcohol :)

Ooops, I'm dense sometimes - I apologize :)
And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

Offline spangler

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 02:14:38 pm »
Ooops, I'm dense sometimes - I apologize :)

No worries mate :)

xfahctor

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 02:22:01 pm »
Well looks like another line to add to the New Hampshire Refed amendment.

Offline Overcast

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 02:56:56 pm »
Blackwater is a relatively recent term used to describe water containing fecal matter and urine. It is also known as brown water, foul water, or sewage. It is distinct from greywater or sullage, the residues of washing processes.

So very fitting.

blackwater

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 03:33:20 pm »
Hey Blackwater,
I seriously doubt that he would be allowed to wear that shirt or would choose to wear that shirt if he was not working for Blackwater.

Either has was working for Blackwater, or he wasn't.  I don't know the answer to that...

But if he is DEA and is not a contractor, then he's obviously undercover (until the bust), judging by his hair and beard and could wear whatever he wanted...

Would they allow an undercover agent to be outed like that?  Who knows?  Maybe he didn't know the pic was taken.

Then again, maybe he is blackwater.

I was just throwing in a possibilty...

Offline freeyrmind

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2008, 01:34:56 pm »
my neighbor wears a blackwater shirt every now and then. he ordered it online. i've seen a few people wearing them. the dea dude probably ordered it to so he could look "cool" or something.
"It is said the eskimos have 22 words for snow. Immortal has 23.."

Offline kevlar442

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2008, 08:26:01 pm »

"Dudes, this smells like some dynamite hack"
"So make your move and plead the fifth cuz you can't plead the first"  -Rage Against the Machine