Author Topic: Obama code name revealed  (Read 2558 times)

Godfather77

Obama code name revealed
« on: November 13, 2008, 11:24:03 am »
I wonder if there is anything deeper to the meanng of these names?  Maybe not, but one can't help wondering.  :P

'Secret' Obama code name revealed
Thursday, 13 November 2008
Full article:- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/us_elections_2008/7726453.stm

The not-so-secret code names used by the US Secret Service for the president-elect and his family have been published.

Barack Obama is called Renegade, while his wife Michelle is Renaissance, and their daughters Rosebud and Radiance. They will replace Trailblazer (President George W Bush) and his wife Tempo in the White House on 20 January.

The names are chosen to be easily pronounced and understood when agents use radio communications.

A list of names starting with R was drawn up by the White House Communications Agency, a branch of the military that serves the White House and Secret Service.

Al Gore frequently told people his code name was Al Gore because he was so boring. However, the Washington Post reported that he was initially called Sawhorse but eventually became Sundance for unknown reasons.

Vice-President-elect Joe Biden is known as Celtic.

The outgoing president retains his code name as he and his family will continue to have Secret Service protection.

"There's nothing top secret about them," Secret Service spokesman Eric Zahren told Associated Press.

"It has no operational security significance any more because of encrypted communication capabilities."

The code names have "nothing to do with security" and more to do with ease in radio communication for those agents whispering into microphones up their sleeves.

The defeated Republican presidential candidate John McCain, a senator from Arizona, is Phoenix, while his wife Cindy is Parasol.

His running mate, Sarah Palin, was Denali - the name of national park in her home state of Alaska, and the natural gas pipeline project there. Her husband, Todd, the North Slope oil worker, was Driller.  :D

Previous code names have included: Passkey for President Gerald Ford; Rawhide for President Ronald Reagan; Deacon for President Jimmy Carter; and Angler for Vice-President Dick Cheney.

Offline Tsul777

Re: Obama code name revealed
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 11:33:34 am »
Angler for Vice-President Dick Cheney.

Shouldn't that be "Shooter"!! ;D
I AM POLITICALLY AGNOSTIC AND PROUD OF IT - John Tsul

TheGoodFight1984

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 11:35:57 am »
brilliant. someone go to a speech and start shouting 'celtic down, celtic down!!!!'

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 07:41:21 pm »
I can think of a few names for nObama...
War Is Peace - Freedom Is Slavery - Ignorance Is Strength

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline ES

• Old Iron Sides: Enemy of Tyrannical Scum
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 07:51:03 pm »
I can think of a few names for nObama...

commiecracksmokerfromkenya is leaving airforce one. over.
"My heroes are people who monkey wrench the new world order". - Jello Biafra

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 10:03:51 pm »
commiecracksmokerfromkenya is leaving airforce one. over.

I like the way you think!

;D
War Is Peace - Freedom Is Slavery - Ignorance Is Strength

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline Filthy Rich

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 09:50:51 pm »
Funny, I thought Obama's codename was "Mabus"....

Oh, that's right. Nostradamus isn't in charge of the Secret Circus. My bad.  ;D
I hate to say it, but remember how Santiago said that "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it?"

Well, I learned from history, but I AM STILL DOOMED TO REPEAT IT because more people care about American Idol than America's Survival...