Author Topic: GUN SHOPPING  (Read 73578 times)

Offline J. Croft

• FREEDOM GUIDE
GUN SHOPPING
« on: October 25, 2008, 02:13:12 pm »
GUN SHOPPING

J. Croft
http://freedomguide.blogspot.com

Know what you want. Know what you need.

If you don’t know what you need, I’ll tell you; you first need a Constitution Rifle, a weapon you can strike the enemies of Freedom down at hundreds of yards away. This and the mastering of the technique and art of rifle shooting is the foundation of our Constitutional Republic and of Freedom-the means to defend our Republic, our Freedom. Beyond that there are the needs for every day home and personal defense-those can be met with pistols, shotguns, and even semi-automatic “assault” rifles. .22s for target practice, plinking and small game.

BEFORE YOU BUY…

Know your guns. Know each type, know the models, their strong and weak points, what to look for. Can you get spare parts, is it rare and collectible or total junk. Can you get ammo for it, how badly does that particular weapon treat it’s brass. Check to see if parts are intolerably loose.

HOW TO ACT AND DRESS

Most sellers are going to be adult mainstream American males. Dress and act acceptably to them, but not in a way that suggests you’re patronizing them. KNOW ABOUT GUNS because these guys certainly do and are mostly Law and Order types. Remember, they don’t have to sell to you so don’t act like it’d be a bad ideal to sell to you. Be:

*A hunter looking for a new rifle

*A decent, hardworking family man looking to protect his family

*A collector starting out(REALLY know history)

WHERE TO LOOK:

Yard sales, flea markets, etc.

A source for a gun-probably not what you’d like but it beats nothing. Also, it takes some additional legwork. Its pot luck; there could be a drought of guns, or there could be ten guns, or it’s ten guns that are useless.

Gun Stores-yes for parts, ammo and accessories, otherwise hell no! Why? Federal registration form 4477

Used to be yellow, you could orbit the tables at gun shows and it’d be obvious who had the forms-who was a dealer. A couple years ago they changed the color scheme to white, which makes it look just like all the other paperwork dealers like to lug around.

I can refuse to buy guns off dealers on principle: they KNOW by obeying illegal federal edicts to coerce you to submitting to registration via the 4477 they’re laying the groundwork for confiscation. I mean, anybody remember that scene from “Red Dawn” where the Nicaraguan general gives orders to hit the local sporting goods stores and gather up those forms? Anybody remember where all those gun owners wound up? The concentration camp.

Now we got home grown communists, and they’re going to do the same thing-because people are too soft to not boycott anyone that makes them submit to becoming targets.

Gun shows

My God do I love gun shows! One of the last vestiges of unfettered Freedom-Americans walking about, armed. Aside from that, gun shows are one stop shopping for not just guns, but bulk ammunition, web gear to secure your extra magazines, manuals, training videos. You will meet many people a lot like you who are preparing for the worst, or just enjoying their Freedom. That being said, there are downsides to a open air arms market.

Junk gun sellers and other hustlers.

More than a few guns are junk from the design board. More than a few guns that aren’t junk from the design board are manufactured poorly. More than a few guns that aren’t junk when they were new become junk when substandard parts are substituted, or the barrel wears out, or the weapon isn’t taken care of. These guns should be labeled as parts guns and priced accordingly but there are more than a few sellers out there who will… misrepresent what they got.

So don’t be a mark: know your guns, how they work, what to look for. Check out the headspace with a caliber gauge, feeler gauge for the HK/Cetme rifles, and a bullet for the muzzle-if it goes all the way in it won’t shoot right. Know where to check for excessive wear, cycle the weapon to make certain it won’t bind or is too loose, check the feed and function of the magazine with dummy rounds. Use those same dummy rounds to make certain the weapon will feed, extract and eject. Check the sights-make certain they’re aligned, and tight. Study up especially for the Cetme and M1Garand/M14 rifles as they require specialized knowledge. Know who are the scumbags, who will slip a bad gun in once in awhile, and who you can trust.

Times are tough, but there’s no excuse for conning Americans.

Licensed dealers versus private sellers

Next thing is to spot and avoid licensed dealers, because the same rules apply to them as gun shops; you buy from them you’re registering yourself with the federal government as a gun owner. Like I stated above, gun ownership is a Right that cannot and must not be subject to license as said license will inevitably be taken away by the beast. So, walk around, orbit the tables. Look around at the seller’s area and if you see paperwork with the white 4477 sheet smile and move on. Trust me you’ll find a private seller for anything you need.

F-troop and their lame ass traps

Unfortunately the BATF loves gun shows too; they swarm and look to entrap people, and profile everybody who they talk to, looking for violations of their unconstitutional, arcane rules.

One time, I had this 400lb fat slob of a agent come up to me, showing interest in a Enfield bolt action rifle I had bought. He rudely grabs it out of my hands and trying not to retch from his fetid breath tries telling me that it’s a “assault rifle”. The f**ker comes at me tries to sound like he’s part of the gun culture and it’s just so obvious.

Another was when this skinny 5 ft loser comes to me, wants me to straw purchase a Mini Uzi for him off this one dude I used to buy guns off of regularly. There’s a low grade predator/vulture vibe with these people that coupled with their obvious lack of knowledge about guns, obvious lack of respect and love for them that comes across. Exit the conversation with them as quickly as possible and never, ever speak or acknowledge their existence again. Tell others so they to can shun them and hopefully their lack of performance can get them fired, or at least demoted.

There ARE skilled BATFags out there, that are good at entraping Americans with their rules. When they do, it’s going to be you against the beast and the rules are rigged for you to lose. They decide to bust you those f**ks will strong arm you into becoming one of their snitches-you’ll be running around trying to get people to straw purchase a gun for them, or buy a machine gun off of you, or some other bullshit.

What to get as of October, 2008

Military pattern semi-automatic main battle rifles in 7.62x51 NATO. They offer the best optimum of range, cartridge and firepower. With them you can engage and hit your enemy past 300 yards, well past most troops marksmanship training and well past the effective range of fully automatic assault rifle fire. You have the small arms advantage, so keep your enemy beyond your battle sight zero. I have experience with all of the following rifles, save one. I will list them in order of personal preference.

rest w/ pics at link:

http://freedomguide.blogspot.com/2008/10/gun-shopping.html

Offline s3d1t0r

• F̱̹̳̖o̤llow the mon̐ͫ͂̓̊̓͊ë́͐͒̍ȳ̏ͨ̾͆
    • Seditious Blasphemy doth appear here!
Re: GUN SHOPPING
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 04:57:41 pm »
Excellent Information, Thank you.
“go to work, send your kids to school
follow fashion, act normal
walk on the pavement, watch T.V.
save for your old age, obey the law
Repeat after me: I am free

Offline ES

• Old Iron Sides: Enemy of Tyrannical Scum
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 05:28:26 pm »
Great article thanks for posting.
"My heroes are people who monkey wrench the new world order". - Jello Biafra

Offline hellcatjr

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 05:39:35 pm »
x2 thumbs up, great article.
'A Man can only become great, when he understands his place in time' - JPM Jr.

Offline Tombstone

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 06:49:01 pm »
I'm pretty sure it is ATF form 4473 not 4477

Offline disciplecore

• Perfection Nevada
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 07:05:42 pm »
an* SKS *rifle  is one of the best weapons to have
What does SKS stand for?

Simonov System Self-loading Carbine. The SKS was designed in the waning days of “Great Patriotic War” (known to the rest of us as World War II) by Russian designer Sergei Simonov. It was the first officially adopted arm chambered for the then new 7.62x39mm “intermediate” cartridge.

1) ammo is cheap 20 rounds right now are 2.99 academy sports you can get 1000rounds for 209 dollars
2) you can teach a young kid how to dismantle clean and put together
3)  it uses 7.62mm X39  they are extremely accurate it will take down anything, i shoot threw 1/4 inch steel plate at 50yds and it keeps going threw my backdrop threw the tires and 5 wood pallets and finally into the  huge dirt hill 2 or 3 feet into the dirt
4) they are fairly cheap i got mine from a pawnshop in Florida for 160
5)they come with a cleaning kit in the guns butt,
6)you can modify it a lot but i keep mine old school,
7) you can get good 40 round clips for them even up to 100 round drums
8) you can almost do anything to it  Ive seen a show that stated people used them during ww2 in water, buried them and banged them up and they still shoot accurate.
9) The bayonets on them are pretty cool  if you don't shoot the enemy you can simply stab them.
10)SKS Carbines are not new firearms — they are military surplus. Many have been in storage for years before being sold in the U.S. — and were covered in cosmoline in order to preserve them. The basic design is approximately sixty years old and the rifles themselves were manufactured decades ago. But when properly checked and maintained they have a reputation as being simple and reliable.
hope this helps anyone looking for a good rifle
George Mason: "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." (3 Elliot, Debates at 380)
George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed." (Jan 14 1790, Boston Independent Chronicle.)
Thomas Jefferson: "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." (T. Jefferson papers

Offline heavyhebrew

• Laughter is the best medicine.
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 07:11:31 pm »
Speaking of WW2 Soviet weapons.

Wish list: PPSh-41

Seriously.
We work jobs we hate to pay for stuff we don't need to impress people we don't like. Am I the crazy one here?

Offline disciplecore

• Perfection Nevada
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 07:19:42 pm »
Speaking of WW2 Soviet weapons.

Wish list: PPSh-41

Seriously.

Yeap not a bad way to spend half a grand to a grand! I love that weapon the PPSh-41.
George Mason: "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." (3 Elliot, Debates at 380)
George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed." (Jan 14 1790, Boston Independent Chronicle.)
Thomas Jefferson: "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." (T. Jefferson papers

Offline zdux0012

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 09:23:07 pm »
I'd kind of like to own a gun, I currently do not.
What paper work is needed. I would rather not sign anything. The way I read the constitution I should not have to register in order to own a firearm.
Get off of Windows / Mac!! You are not safe.
Get an OS you can trust. Linux, Free BSD. Ask for help!

Offline ES

• Old Iron Sides: Enemy of Tyrannical Scum
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 11:27:36 pm »
What paper work is needed. I would rather not sign anything. The way I read the constitution I should not have to register in order to own a firearm.

You're right their shouldn't be any paper work but their is unless you buy from a private seller at a gun show or from an ad in the paper.
"My heroes are people who monkey wrench the new world order". - Jello Biafra

Offline disciplecore

• Perfection Nevada
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 11:31:13 pm »

It depends where your from google your states  for gun laws most states at 18 you can buy a rifle or shotgun you dont sign anything the only thing they do is run a background check it checks to see if you have been arrested etc, but handguns are different its 21 and they register it to you, if you have a felony you cant legally buy a gun,
if you are looking for a shotgun go to  walmart  they have a 98 dollar mossberg 500 12 gauge shotgun its a great deal,  

Offline national732

• Wake up call...the republic has been stolen.
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 12:09:08 am »
   This is the best post I've seen all week.  Hats off to you.
Do you have enough food on hand to feed your family for a year?

" The two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can "throw the rascals out" at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shift in policy."
                  - Carroll Quigley

Offline JonTheSavage

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 01:19:53 am »
Your sports article is good too. People waste their lives with that bullshit.

Offline zdux0012

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 02:03:25 am »
Isn't there some sort of paper work involved?
I mean I can't just go to walmart or a gun shop and buy one right?
I need some sort of gun-owner license?
I suppose ideally I'd like a gun that could be converted to an automatic, assuming that isn't illegal.
And a hand gun.

I really don't know how it works at all.
Get off of Windows / Mac!! You are not safe.
Get an OS you can trust. Linux, Free BSD. Ask for help!

Offline Amd304912

• Ietsism (Dutch “ietsisme” - "Somethingism")
    • Israel-centered-neoconservative-death-cult-of-evangelican-born-again-Xtians-Are-you-one?                                      Im Not.
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 02:09:04 am »
firearms id card. cops supply them, but there is always thrift and the system is illegal so loops are everywhere.

confiscation wont start in watts but washington, not baltimore or brooklyn but in the bay.
faith basers make me as sick as free basers Surah 75 سورة القيامة - محمد [ http://powerofthadolla.freeforums.org/ ] An Almond for a Parrot
€∀§M_ ³ حتى الآلهة الحمار الاحتفاظ زنجي الخراء تمشيا   أنت كافر نكاح تفرز من الشيطان الاكبر يا  ح

Offline kevlar442

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2008, 02:15:10 am »
7.62mm(.308) is a good caliber to have if TSHTF.  You can always get more ammo from the guys with blue helmets.  ;)
"So make your move and plead the fifth cuz you can't plead the first"  -Rage Against the Machine

Offline Amd304912

• Israel-centered-neoconservative-death-cult-of-evangelican-born-again-Xtians-Are-you-one?                                      Im Not.
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2008, 02:26:32 am »
no doubt. best to get one of these tho,

you can get them off tanks
faith basers make me as sick as free basers Surah 75 سورة القيامة - محمد [ http://powerofthadolla.freeforums.org/ ] An Almond for a Parrot
€∀§M_ ³ حتى الآلهة الحمار الاحتفاظ زنجي الخراء تمشيا   أنت كافر نكاح تفرز من الشيطان الاكبر يا  ح

Offline Tsul777

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2008, 02:28:44 am »
Is that an FN-C2?
I AM POLITICALLY AGNOSTIC AND PROUD OF IT - John Tsul

Offline Amd304912

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2008, 02:30:20 am »
The 7.62mm AA-L37A1 machine gun is used as an anti-aircraft weapon on the Mk5 battle tank.

Offline Tsul777

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2008, 02:50:22 am »
This is a good, dependable 7.62 rifle. The FN-C1

For those without access to tanks ;D ;D

Offline Tsul777

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2008, 11:20:38 am »
are those still in service???

The Army never throws it's toys away, but I'd rather have the 50 cal sitting beside it. ;)

Offline Tsul777

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2008, 12:06:17 pm »
The one on the left is a tank mountable 50 cal belt fed machine gun. Not a sniper rifle.

TroyStone

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2008, 12:07:05 pm »
what are your thoughts about a concealed carry permit? i've been thinking of getting one. i would love to carry my pistol with me. since i already signed the forms, and background check at the gun shop, i figure i'm already on the list.

Offline UK Lyn

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2008, 12:14:49 pm »
This is a good, dependable 7.62 rifle. The FN-C1

For those without access to tanks ;D ;D

Ahh, that takes me back a bit. I had the regular FN during my service days, could keep a 1.5 inch group at the 100 yard point with those plain old iron sights and always nail the head at the 300yd. Never jammed once on me, even caked in mud, not ever, man I loved that rifle. Was planning to get one for domestic (target shooting) use, until the UK's Hungerford Massacre was used as an excuse to take the license to own these away from the lawful.

A lot of Brits miss our rights to own defensive guns.

In these increasingly violent times, I cannot tell you American folks here how awful it feels not being allowed to defend ones family in realistic terms if TSHTF (WTF is "reasonable force"?). You must fight tooth and nail to keep that 2nd Amendment 100% intact.

Nice article!! You know what to do, so get buyin' !!

Offline Tsul777

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2008, 12:27:23 pm »
what are your thoughts about a concealed carry permit? i've been thinking of getting one. i would love to carry my pistol with me. since i already signed the forms, and background check at the gun shop, i figure i'm already on the list.

I imagine there are probably a lot of states trying to repeal that concealed carry permit law. Who knows? If it makes you feel safer, I say go for it. We don't have that opportunity up here in Canada. I beat a charge recently for "carrying a concealed weapon". I was stopped in my vehicle for a routine check by the RCMP and the rookie cop found a replica .357 pellet/Co2 pistol. He acted like I was a mobster hitman and had me on the ground! It wasn't even loaded. When I went to court, the judge laughed and admonished the cop for wasting the court's time. One up for me. I live in a small town and whenever I see this rook, he gives me the "evil eye".  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Tsul777

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2008, 12:33:57 pm »
he said he wanted a 50 cal beside it so i ask if he wants a 50 cal sniper rifle or machine gun

Sorry X9ballX, I wasn't trying to start anything; just pointing out the difference.

Offline Tsul777

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2008, 12:42:01 pm »
how many states still have open carry

Although the current trend towards adopting concealed carry laws has been met with opposition, no state which has adopted a "Shall-Issue" concealed carry law has reversed its decision. As of February 2008, 48 US states allow some form of concealed carry[1] (though 9 of them have discretionary "may-issue" policies, a few of these being effectively "no-issue" in practice) and all but 6 provide for some variant on non-concealed "open-carry"[2]. The states of Wisconsin, Illinois and the District of Columbia do not have any form of concealed-carry licensing; Wisconsin allows for open carry in most situations, while Illinois only allows it in rural areas subject to county restriction. The District of Columbia had a blanket ban on ownership, possession and carry of handguns in its jurisdiction which began in 1976; this was struck down June 26, 2008 by the US Supreme Court.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concealed_carry_in_the_United_States

Offline lazarus

• Physician
    • kalamation
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2008, 12:52:20 pm »
paging esquared...
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When mercy seasons justice

Offline Tsul777

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2008, 12:56:48 pm »
its cool. alot of arguments happen due to comunitcation errors.one person says one thing and the person it is said to takes it as something else

I most heartingly agree. United we stand, divided we fall. I think a lot of people come on this forum to intentionally rile up the membership. You can usually spot them a mile away. I try to avoid those threads. No sense replying to trolls; just a waste of time. I like to learn good info and contribute where I can.

Offline kevlar442

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2008, 01:27:25 pm »
how many states still have open carry

About 15 states still allow unrestricted open carry.
"So make your move and plead the fifth cuz you can't plead the first"  -Rage Against the Machine

Offline national732

• Wake up call...the republic has been stolen.
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2008, 03:11:19 pm »
   Use at your own risk.  http://www.opencarry.org/opencarry.html
Do you have enough food on hand to feed your family for a year?

" The two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can "throw the rascals out" at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shift in policy."
                  - Carroll Quigley

Offline Zed

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2008, 03:28:09 pm »
"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." 101 Things to Do 'Til the Revolution

Offline disciplecore

• Perfection Nevada
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2008, 08:05:14 pm »
Isn't there some sort of paper work involved?
I mean I can't just go to walmart or a gun shop and buy one right?
I need some sort of gun-owner license?
I suppose ideally I'd like a gun that could be converted to an automatic, assuming that isn't illegal.
And a hand gun.

I really don't know how it works at all.

There isn't any paperwork you can go to walmart in most states and buy a shotgun or rifle without any paperwork other than the background check paperwork.

and most semi auto can be simply turned into an auto, i went to a gun show in Alabama and they had a simple 2 page pamphlet on explaining how to turn an sks into fully auto, but seriously fully auto isn't as useful in my opinion  as semi auto because with full auto you waste alot of ammo, semi is good enough and your gun can jam up, if you have ever shot a full auto rifle you know what i mean semi auto saves rounds and i think is more effective.

Its illegal to convert it to auto anyways a felony in most states, i think every american citizen should get a gun at birth for when they are older and able to use it, every person in Israel is issued one after a term in the military required and gets to keep their weapon, i think the  Swiss military does the same thing,
hope this helps

Offline Neutron

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2008, 08:53:35 pm »

50 Cal M82 Barrett

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NCJFI7T6Zc&feature=related

Penetrates a manhole cover 3 1/2 inches thick, “bullet resistant" glass  3/4 inches thick, 4 cinderblocks and a 600 pound safe.

Cost about $7,500 and available for purchase at your local Cabela's sporting goods outlet.

Offline disciplecore

• Perfection Nevada
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2008, 08:57:31 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NCJFI7T6Zc&feature=related

Penetrates a manhole cover 3 1/2 inches thick, “bullet resistant" glass  3/4 inches thick, 4 cinderblocks and a 600 pound safe.

Cost about $7,500 and available for purchase at your local Cabela's sporting goods outlet.

[/quote]

nice weapon!

Offline Neutron

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2008, 09:05:31 pm »

"Like most full powered rifle rounds, especially those firing full metal jacketed bullets, the M82 easily penetrates Type IV body armor and most common building materials. With its added power due to its scale, the M82 is among those rifles that can additionally pierce hard armors and level 8 ballistic glass (considered the strongest available). Due to these capabilities, the M82 is used as an example of big bore rifles whose public sale is opposed by gun control proponents. The banning of .50 caliber rifles to non-governmental owners in California and discussion of similar legislation in other states has led Barrett to offer rifles in a proprietary caliber of similar performance, the .416 Barrett that is smaller in diameter, faster, and has an improved ballistic coefficient that could penetrate better.

In response to California's ban of civilian ownership of .50 caliber rifles, (Ronnie) Barrett suspended sales and service to all law enforcement agencies in California"

I like this Ronnie Barrett guy. He tells California's law enforcement to shove it and will not supply them them with Barrett rifles or service the ones they already have.   

Offline disciplecore

• Perfection Nevada
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2008, 09:11:41 pm »
"Like most full powered rifle rounds, especially those firing full metal jacketed bullets, the M82 easily penetrates Type IV body armor and most common building materials. With its added power due to its scale, the M82 is among those rifles that can additionally pierce hard armors and level 8 ballistic glass (considered the strongest available). Due to these capabilities, the M82 is used as an example of big bore rifles whose public sale is opposed by gun control proponents. The banning of .50 caliber rifles to non-governmental owners in California and discussion of similar legislation in other states has led Barrett to offer rifles in a proprietary caliber of similar performance, the .416 Barrett that is smaller in diameter, faster, and has an improved ballistic coefficient that could penetrate better.

In response to California's ban of civilian ownership of .50 caliber rifles, (Ronnie) Barrett suspended sales and service to all law enforcement agencies in California"

I like this Ronnie Barrett guy. He tells California's law enforcement to shove it and will not supply them them with Barrett rifles or service the ones they already have.   

Good man

Offline jflack

• Survival Communication Equipment
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2008, 08:07:34 am »
Ok, for those of us who can't afford a massive machine gun, what is the best, most basic rifle to have in a time of need?  One that can defend and also kill game if needed?

Remington, Savage, Winchester or Ruger?

Bold action?

And can you find one used for under $300?

Offline JonTheSavage

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2008, 08:10:05 am »

They had one on the new Rambo movie. It was quite amazing watching the thugs fly 20 feet back with a 4 inch hole in them. The .50 cal is truly the right arm of the free world.

Now, we need a mini-gun version.  ;D

Offline lazarus

• Physician
    • kalamation
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2008, 08:17:08 am »
Ok, for those of us who can't afford a massive machine gun, what is the best, most basic rifle to have in a time of need?  One that can defend and also kill game if needed?

Remington, Savage, Winchester or Ruger?

Bold action?

And can you find one used for under $300?

Best thread so far on Prison Planet Forum

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=50745.0
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When mercy seasons justice