Author Topic: GUN SHOPPING  (Read 74332 times)

Offline Neutron

Re: GUN SHOPPING
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2008, 09:08:23 am »
Ok, for those of us who can't afford a massive machine gun, what is the best, most basic rifle to have in a time of need?  One that can defend and also kill game if needed?

Remington, Savage, Winchester or Ruger?

Bold action?

And can you find one used for under $300?

A Ruger 10/22 is a small caliber semi automatic (bullets fire as fast as you can pull the trigger) rifle that is good for small game (wolf and smaller). It has the advantage of having small bullets that are low cost. It would be easy to carry around 1000 rounds in the backpack. It is relatively quiet (less likely to be discovered if you are survival shooting for food). The Mafia uses the 22 caliber for many of their hits. It has the disadvantage of not having penetrating power of a 30.06 (deer hunting) or a 308 NATO round or the range. The Ruger 10/22 is about $200 new.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/

"Hands down, this is the best survival rifle anyone could have in virtually any situation that might arise. The after-market add-ons can all be done by a non-gunsmith and the performance is unbeatable. In a survival situation a .22LR (long rifle) caliber wound can be as fatal as HIV (AIDS). Not everyone can treat gunshot wounds, and a Ruger 10/22 will keep a head down, as readily as a 30.06 in a firefight. A 10/22 can be fired by almost anyone and it has virtually no recoil to scare the shooter into closing their eyes and shooting wild. The .22LR caliber is the cheapest and most readily found ammo.

One .22 round costs about 2 cents compared to a 9mm round at 23 cents. A big difference when stocking a couple thousand rounds. One man can carry 2000 rounds on him; no other round can make that claim. Rugers 10/22s can shoot all day without having to be cleaned, and will feed any .22 caliber round in the marketplace (except the .22 WMR magnum). Ruger 10/22s can produce ½ in match groups at 100 yards -- and that is hard to beat. The price of a 10/22 is under $200, and for a few dollars more the 10/22 can be a top match rifle."

Then there is this...

http://www.snipercentral.com/entrypackage.htm   for $950

Offline jflack

• Survival Communication Equipment
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2008, 09:23:12 am »
A Ruger 10/22 is a small caliber semi automatic (bullets fire as fast as you can pull the trigger) rifle that is good for small game (wolf and smaller). It has the advantage of having small bullets that are low cost. It would be easy to carry around 1000 rounds in the backpack. It is relatively quiet (less likely to be discovered if you are survival shooting for food). The Mafia uses the 22 caliber for many of their hits. It has the disadvantage of not having penetrating power of a 30.06 (deer hunting) or a 308 NATO round or the range. The Ruger 10/22 is about $200 new.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/

Then there is this...

http://www.snipercentral.com/entrypackage.htm   for $950

Thanks for the info!

Offline Neutron

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2008, 09:39:55 am »
A Ruger 10/22 is a small caliber semi automatic (bullets fire as fast as you can pull the trigger) rifle that is good for small game (wolf and smaller). It has the advantage of having small bullets that are low cost. It would be easy to carry around 1000 rounds in the backpack.

Offline lazarus

• Physician
    • kalamation
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2008, 09:48:21 am »

There ARE skilled BATFags out there, that are good at entraping Americans with their rules.

I had an ATF official park in front of my house the other day. I met him on the sidewalk. He showed me his ID. He said that my neighbor was applying for a job and wondered if he could ask me some questions about him. I told him no. For all I knew he was more interested in me than my neighbor. I am all legal BTW. I don't snitch in either case. He then drove off.

I relate this story FYI. I recommend people do the same.
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When mercy seasons justice

Offline Zed

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2008, 08:27:49 pm »

50 Cal M82 Barrett

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NCJFI7T6Zc&feature=related

Penetrates a manhole cover 3 1/2 inches thick, “bullet resistant" glass  3/4 inches thick, 4 cinderblocks and a 600 pound safe.

Cost about $7,500 and available for purchase at your local Cabela's sporting goods outlet.

Buzz!!!

Nope, will only Penetrate like that with Raufus Amunition normal FMJ will Not.

And the price averages $8500, and cabelas only sells Armalite AR50's not Barrett M82's
"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." 101 Things to Do 'Til the Revolution

Offline Falcon57

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2008, 06:37:28 am »
There isn't any paperwork you can go to walmart in most states and buy a shotgun or rifle without any paperwork other than the background check paperwork.

Even with the background check paperwork, wouldn't that also open the door for gun confiscation?
“The people are the ultimate guardians of their own liberties. In every government on earth is some trace of human weakness, some germ of corruption and degeneracy. Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone.” — Thomas Jefferson

Offline Falcon57

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2008, 03:01:31 pm »
GUN SHOPPING
Gun shows

My God do I love gun shows! One of the last vestiges of unfettered Freedom-Americans walking about, armed. Aside from that, gun shows are one stop shopping for not just guns, but bulk ammunition, web gear to secure your extra magazines, manuals, training videos. You will meet many people a lot like you who are preparing for the worst, or just enjoying their Freedom. That being said, there are downsides to a open air arms market.

What form of payment do private sellers at gun shows usually accept?  Cash, checks?
“The people are the ultimate guardians of their own liberties. In every government on earth is some trace of human weakness, some germ of corruption and degeneracy. Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone.” — Thomas Jefferson

Offline RollerCam

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2008, 12:54:37 pm »
There isn't any paperwork you can go to walmart in most states and buy a shotgun or rifle without any paperwork other than the background check paperwork."

Every firearm sold by walmart will require you to fill out a 4473 form. Yes, that's what is known as "paperwork."

"...and most semi auto can be simply turned into an auto,

Wrong. They would not be for sale in the USA if they were actually able to be "simply turned into an auto." It doesn't work that way anymore. Maybe it worked like that back in the 1940's and 50's but NOT NOW. It would take a machine shop and a good machinist with quite a bit of knowledge in weapons design to convert a typical, modern semi-auto into one of those "evil machine guns."

"... i went to a gun show in Alabama and they had a simple 2 page pamphlet on explaining how to turn an sks into fully auto,"

Read one of those pamphlets some time. If you're not a machinist / experienced tig welder, you'd only turn your new weapon into a ruined hunk of metal/wood/plastic.

"Its illegal to convert it to auto anyways a felony in most states..."

Yes. very illegal... in all 50 states.

Offline J. Croft

• FREEDOM GUIDE
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2008, 04:16:09 pm »
First, full auto's a waste of ammunition.  You want kills you learn to make every shot count-so get to www.rwva.organd learn how to use a rifle.  Dry fire your rifle in shooting positions and get a airsoft replica of your rifle and PRACTICE DAILY.

Get a rifle-like I stated, military pattern semiautomatic rifle-M14, FAL, HK/CETME

M14 is my first choice, the long sight radius, shootability, reliability and scope mount make this child of the World War Two M1 Garand still a deadly tool.  Don't tart it up like a M4 with collapsing stocks, four point pitcinny rails and all that other crap you can hang twenty pieces of other crap on.  You'll just weigh yourself down.  Fiberglass stock, m-1907 shooting sling, the rifle was made for shooting with the sling and once you make that discovery yourself you won't need a bipod either.

FAL has a pistol grip, but the charging handle's on the left hand side.  Some models won't have a last round bolt hold open so you'll have to rock the bolt back again.  Rear sight's too wobbly and rudimentary so you'll have to scope it.

HK/CETME is the most reliable rifle but its ergonomics suck ass.  The CETME in particular is heavy and you might have to have it checked out by someone experienced in fixing them.  Need a scope and mount for it and a cheek pad because of the 1-400 yard sight, and drill the rear stock and fix a point up front for a proper shooting sling... ergonomics really suck for reloading shooting with the m-1907 sling but once set up, acceptable.

IF you don't have enough money a M1 Garand is acceptable, but stock up on many hundreds of the 8 rd en bloc clips.

Don't buy from dealers!  Hit the newspapers, the flea markets, the gun shows, walk around until you see a seller.  Ask if he shot the rifle himself but before that walk around a couple times see if he's got those federal forms hidden or has displays for credit cards or has prices like 1999.95-private sellers will list in whole numbers but some dealers are getting wise and also listing by whole price.

Offline freeflying

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2008, 12:24:30 am »
They had one on the new Rambo movie. It was quite amazing watching the thugs fly 20 feet back with a 4 inch hole in them. The .50 cal is truly the right arm of the free world.

Now, we need a mini-gun version.  ;D
There is a .50 minigun but it is rarely seen. http://www.combatfilms.com/cfrtv_archive_0005.asp There are several of the class 2 guys that have built them but they are a very complicated weapons. The .50 is highly over rated and every one wants one but after you are the fool that had to lug it around in combat your opinion changes on it.

Offline freeflying

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2008, 12:29:02 am »
Every firearm sold by walmart will require you to fill out a 4473 form. Yes, that's what is known as "paperwork."

Wrong. They would not be for sale in the USA if they were actually able to be "simply turned into an auto." It doesn't work that way anymore. Maybe it worked like that back in the 1940's and 50's but NOT NOW. It would take a machine shop and a good machinist with quite a bit of knowledge in weapons design to convert a typical, modern semi-auto into one of those "evil machine guns."

Read one of those pamphlets some time. If you're not a machinist / experienced tig welder, you'd only turn your new weapon into a ruined hunk of metal/wood/plastic.

Yes. very illegal... in all 50 states.

I could turn most full with a dremel tool. A quality conversion takes tools and time but there are down and dirty tricks for most. If you are a class 2 you can still make new machine guns for dealer samples and it is legal.

Offline qimds

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2008, 07:22:34 pm »
How about a Dillon mini gun? http://www.dillonaero.com/

See it tear a car to shreds on Monster Garage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODiSfBUMApA
Stop Monsanto from killing us!

Watch it here http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6262083407501596844

Offline Tsul777

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2008, 07:27:49 pm »
How about a Dillon mini gun? http://www.dillonaero.com/

See it tear a car to shreds on Monster Garage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODiSfBUMApA

How's about this?
I AM POLITICALLY AGNOSTIC AND PROUD OF IT - John Tsul

Offline Falcon57

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2008, 07:13:30 pm »
I was looking the classifieds in my local paper on Sunday, and spotted a Mossberg 835 for $275.  I thought this was a good deal.  When I get the cash together and if this shotgun is still available I just might get it.  I think it is a 12 gauge.  The question I have what type of shells should I get.  I really don't want to literally blow someones face off, but at the same time I want something that has stopping power.  I know I am a bit naive about this and need some advice.

Thanks.

Offline heavyhebrew

• Laughter is the best medicine.
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2008, 07:55:08 pm »
I was looking the classifieds in my local paper on Sunday, and spotted a Mossberg 835 for $275.  I thought this was a good deal.  When I get the cash together and if this shotgun is still available I just might get it.  I think it is a 12 gauge.  The question I have what type of shells should I get.  I really don't want to literally blow someones face off, but at the same time I want something that has stopping power.  I know I am a bit naive about this and need some advice.

Thanks.

You can never go wrong with a shotgun. It's the point and shoot weapon for home defense, you just generally aim towards center of mass. Another benefit is background isn't as important. You miss with a shotgun and you don't have to worry about your round going down range and tunneling into your neighbors house like you would a rifle or pistol. Downside is range. But in the confines of home defense against an intruder, a shotgun can't be beat.

Also very useful for hunting. Something about loading the dogs up and heading out for pheasant...
We work jobs we hate to pay for stuff we don't need to impress people we don't like. Am I the crazy one here?

Offline Falcon57

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2008, 07:58:06 pm »
You can never go wrong with a shotgun. It's the point and shoot weapon for home defense, you just generally aim towards center of mass. Another benefit is background isn't as important. You miss with a shotgun and you don't have to worry about your round going down range and tunneling into your neighbors house like you would a rifle or pistol. Downside is range. But in the confines of home defense against an intruder, a shotgun can't be beat.

Also very useful for hunting. Something about loading the dogs up and heading out for pheasant...

I agree.  I wanted to know what type of shells are the best to use for short-range home defense (which is what I am preparing for).

Offline Libertarian Perspective

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2008, 08:24:52 pm »
Once I get my licence (I'm from UK) I want to get the Beretta Extrema 2 shotgun.
http://www.ducks.org/media/Alaska/AK%20Content/_images/Beretta%20Xtrema2(large).jpg

Seems like a pretty cool gun and I seen some videos of what it can do. At the moment I do recreational shooting and even though I have only been shooting for a month the instructors have commented on my safe handling of guns and accuracy so I hope to be able to purchase a shotgun soon. If all goes well applying for FAC(Fire Arm Certificate licence) next year.
“Good luck to him. I don’t blame him at all, but I just
wish he had not hit me so hard. I know he had to protect
his property, and I probably would have done the
same thing in his position. This has certainly stopped
me committing any more crime.” - British burglar elaborating robbery

Offline Zed

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2008, 08:46:01 pm »
"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." 101 Things to Do 'Til the Revolution

Offline heavyhebrew

• Laughter is the best medicine.
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2008, 09:59:47 pm »
I agree.  I wanted to know what type of shells are the best to use for short-range home defense (which is what I am preparing for).

Non-lethal rounds, a good trick from the farmers of yesteryear:

Here is an excellent, easy to read guide on shells: http://www.wikihow.com/Choose-Shotgun-Shells-and-Chokes
We work jobs we hate to pay for stuff we don't need to impress people we don't like. Am I the crazy one here?

Offline Falcon57

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2008, 04:43:24 am »
Non-lethal rounds, a good trick from the farmers of yesteryear:

Here is an excellent, easy to read guide on shells: http://www.wikihow.com/Choose-Shotgun-Shells-and-Chokes

Thanks for the link.  That helps.  It seems that buck-shot would be ideal for home defense (short-range).

Offline Falcon57

« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2009, 06:02:26 am »
I went to a gun show at a local VFW and boy was it packed.  There were no parking left in the lot and had to go across the street and then risk my life to get back.  There were a lot of vintage guns dating back to the old west.  There was, I believe an AK-47 for just under a thousand.

I looked around and thought some of the guns were overpriced and looked to see any ATF forms that people were required to fill out.  I really saw none but was as careful as possible. 

I thought long and hard as to what I really need for home defense and at first wanted to get a 12 gauge in good condition.  Then I came to a table with some 12 gauge and 20 gauge shotguns for what I thought were pretty good prices.  I chatted with the seller and asked a bunch of questions.  I then decided, just for home defense, a 20 gauge will do the job as good as a 12 gauge without as much recoil.  I did buy a Mossberg 500CG 20 gauge that can use 3" shells.  I believe that it hold 5 shells total.  I tested the pump action and trigger and thought it was in pretty good condition for what I paid.  I paid $180.00 for it.

I plan on having a friend help me test it out this spring.

Side note:  I again risked my life crossing the street with my purchase that I did not register (I don't intend to).  I also expected to be followed in my car by a unmarked police car ready to pounce on me, or even to run into a police check point.

Just kidding on the police car and check point. ::)

Offline Jaan

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2009, 04:26:24 pm »
Are AR-15 any different than a bottom loader rifle?

Offline KI4BNC

• WAKE UP PEOPLE!!
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2009, 01:59:09 am »
Isn't black powder still cash/carry?
those that would give up a little liberty to obtain a little security,deserve neither and will lose both.

Offline xopatriot

« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2009, 02:49:35 am »

When I was looking for a rifle I my criteria due to limited financial means were price, and reliability. Lo and behold I found the weapon that met both those of those two criteria and more it came in the form of a modified AK rifle the saiga 7.62x39. also available in .223 and a shotgun version. You can aquire a saiga for around $400-$500 the price has gone up since Obama won. Pre Obama these beauties were selling under $300 a very good price for what is essentially an AK 47. The saiga can be converted to the original AK configuration by adding a pistol grip ($30) bullet guide ($15) to accept the inexpensive AK hi Cap magazines or buy the combo Folding Stock/Pistol grip ($69). You can see the instructions here and you can also see what the Saiga looks like before and after

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/index.htm

It is not difficult to convert the weapon to it's original form and not to mention you will get acquainted with your new rifle and it's inner workings. The weapon itself comes from the highly reliable AK and venerable AK 47. I preffer this weapon over the ar15/M16/m4 for it's ruggedness and toughness you can clean the AK with motor oil and it will perform can't say that about the AR15's. I would say this weapon makes an excellent constitutional rifle, the iron sights are effective up to 300 yards you can take it to 500 with a scope. I am real fan of the weapon it can be used for hunting deer or blue helmets though the 223 is more accurate with practice the 7.62x39 can be just as effective. Well that's my 2 cents on for those looking for info on an inexpensive reliable weapon that could be used in a SHTF scenerio.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil;  my cup overflows.

Offline adissenter2

• Revolt Time
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2009, 02:53:01 am »
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! Molon Labe! Come and take them!

Offline a ReVoLuTIONarY ideA

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2009, 12:57:37 am »
What form of payment do private sellers at gun shows usually accept?  Cash, checks?

They will accept cash and no I.D. or background check unless they are a licensed firearms dealer.  If you are a private firearms dealer then you need no such license and your clients don't need to fill out any paperwork.

Offline Nailer

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2009, 05:32:32 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiKklyIPH1Y&feature=related

watch what happens at 1:04 into the video.  really needed a gun .
I am a realist that is slightly conservative yet I have some republican demeanor that can turn democrat when I feel the urge to flip independant.

The truth shall set you free, if not a 45ACP round will do the trick.. HEHE

Offline cladano

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2009, 12:59:26 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiKklyIPH1Y&feature=related

watch what happens at 1:04 into the video.  really needed a gun .

Flagged... sigh

Offline Nailer

« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2009, 01:37:20 pm »
No jobs

No gold

No silver

No ammunition

No credible Main Stream Media

No wealth in Houses

No wealth in Stocks

No credible money....No end to printing money into oblivian

No WallStreet arrests and prosecutions

No president born in the U.S.

No Constitution

No Bill Of Rights

No talk of lowering or ending taxes

No Borders

No end to the Iraq occupation

No end to the Afghanistan War

No end to the looting of the american treasury

Something is Big is going to happen soon.
I am a realist that is slightly conservative yet I have some republican demeanor that can turn democrat when I feel the urge to flip independant.

Offline flanagan

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2009, 01:53:20 pm »

Federal and Brenneke make really good reduced recoil stuff. i also like the Hornady Tap LE rounds.
"Thou art my battle axe and weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces the nations, and with thee will I destroy kingdoms" - Jeremiah 51:20

Offline adissenter2

• Revolt Time
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2009, 06:38:39 pm »
short range ammo? 

for a shotgun - slugs,  double ought buck, number 4 also, toss in shells loaded with rock salt ouchies

for a pistol - hollow points

rifle - something with a magazine

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! Molon Labe! Come and take them!

Offline tossthekitty

« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2009, 09:02:57 pm »
are those still in service??? do you really need that in your house???

What wrong with this in the house?  Is it going to "jump up" and do something all on its own?  I fail to see why one would not want one of these in his home... Wish all Ameriicans had one. 

Offline xopatriot

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2009, 09:25:00 pm »
The only reason american's don't have em is because it levels the playing field... The government does not play fair.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil;  my cup overflows.

Offline Steel

• 1611 & 1911 = Christian American
    • Freedom Of Expression
Re: http://armslist.com
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2009, 09:17:06 pm »
be patient and post as many places as you can, I clicked ammo and found Oklahoma City very well covered

Offline Nailer

« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2009, 06:55:25 am »
Illinois Gestapo state at it again.   >:(

http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/midwest/2009/02/18/97987.htm

An Illinois state lawmaker is proposing that gun owners be required to carry personal liability insurance of at least $1 million.

Rep. Kenneth Dunkin's bill seeks to amend the state's Firearm Owners Identification Card Act to provides that any person who owns a firearm in the state maintain a $1 million or higher policy of liability insurance "specifically covering any damages resulting from negligent or willful acts involving the use of such firearm while it is owned by such person."

A gun owner would be responsible after a firearm is lost or stolen until the loss or theft is reported to the police department or sheriff of the jurisdiction in which the owner resides.

Police would be empowered to pull the gun license of anyone who does not submit evidence of having the required insurance.

The measure is now in the House Rules Committee.

Offline mad_norwegian

« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2009, 08:39:43 am »
an* SKS *rifle  is one of the best weapons to have
What does SKS stand for?

Simonov System Self-loading Carbine. The SKS was designed in the waning days of “Great Patriotic War” (known to the rest of us as World War II) by Russian designer Sergei Simonov. It was the first officially adopted arm chambered for the then new 7.62x39mm “intermediate” cartridge.

1) ammo is cheap 20 rounds right now are 2.99 academy sports you can get 1000rounds for 209 dollars
2) you can teach a young kid how to dismantle clean and put together
3)  it uses 7.62mm X39  they are extremely accurate it will take down anything, i shoot threw 1/4 inch steel plate at 50yds and it keeps going threw my backdrop threw the tires and 5 wood pallets and finally into the  huge dirt hill 2 or 3 feet into the dirt
4) they are fairly cheap i got mine from a pawnshop in Florida for 160
5)they come with a cleaning kit in the guns butt,
6)you can modify it a lot but i keep mine old school,
7) you can get good 40 round clips for them even up to 100 round drums
8) you can almost do anything to it  Ive seen a show that stated people used them during ww2 in water, buried them and banged them up and they still shoot accurate.
9) The bayonets on them are pretty cool  if you don't shoot the enemy you can simply stab them.
10)SKS Carbines are not new firearms — they are military surplus. Many have been in storage for years before being sold in the U.S. — and were covered in cosmoline in order to preserve them. The basic design is approximately sixty years old and the rifles themselves were manufactured decades ago. But when properly checked and maintained they have a reputation as being simple and reliable.
hope this helps anyone looking for a good rifle

I agree SKS is a great rifle, but if you consider its semi-auto, one of the most important things is LONG RANGE. A 308 will give you long range, and a rifle like the G3 is still in use by the millitary, and will be for years, while the SKS is a bit outdated because. A SKS is a great buy though, but if you have the money i'd go for a 308 like the G3 (like PTR-91) or a FN-FAL. They have real millitary use. And BTW, i'd only get a 5.56 if it was in full auto (thats why they come in that calibre)

Offline ChristSavage

« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2009, 03:57:22 pm »
Hey Jon, my state, Ohio is on the website u posted.  :).  However, some of the guns I have been looking at, the seller requires a photocopy of my drivers license, some of whom say they r not a dealer/FFL.  I am aware that in my state, there has to be a record of the sale made, as listed in this link I am about to put in about my state.  Any state's General Gun Laws can be found through this.
http://crime.about.com/od/gunlawsbystate/f/gunlaw_oh.htm

I don't want to leave a paper trail if I can help it, yet by giving a photocopy of my license, I basically screw myself if I decide to purchase from whomever I wish there, right?  After all, I do not know which municipalities in my state control possesion, since this is all new to me, and everything that I will list below as the site listed regarding firearms.

State Requirements
Rifles and Shotguns
Permit to purchase rifles and shotguns? No.

Registration of rifles and shotguns? No.

Licensing of owners of rifles and shotguns? No.

Permit to carry rifles and shotguns? No.

Handguns

Permit to purchase handgun? No.*

Registration of handguns? No.*

Licensing of owners of handguns? No.*

Permit to carry handguns? No*

* Some municipalities control possession, sale or transfer of firearms. Controls include handgun registration, ID cards, waiting periods, permits to purchase, restrictions on handguns with barrel lengths less than 3 inches, prohibition on handguns weighing less than 19 ounces, costing less than $50 or $90 and able to melt at less than 800 degrees Farenheit. Also, prohibitions on firearms with obliterated markings and no use of any firearm by person less than 16 or 17 years of age.

Other Requirements

Is there a State waiting period? No.

Is there a FBI *NICS check for firearm transactions? Yes.

Permit to carry a concealed weapon required? Not allowed.

Record of sale: Yes.
*NICS - National Instant Check System

Caution: This summary is meant for general purposes only. Firearm laws frequently change.

Source: Department of the Treasury Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms - State Laws And Published Ordinances - Firearms (23rd Edition – 2001)

Offline Nailer

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2009, 06:42:28 pm »
looks great , love the site.. great job.

Offline rawiron1

I almost "shot my wad" when I saw this gun!! (pun intended)
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2009, 10:00:05 am »
https://www.mainemilitary.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=157&idproduct=1291

If I got a stock for her I would make all the yuppies at the skeet range have short barrel envy!

Jason
Jason the Fed

Offline chrsswtzr

« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2009, 09:49:09 am »
I learned alot from reading that J Croft, thanks so much!