Author Topic: YouTube to delete ALL accounts?  (Read 1060 times)

wvoutlaw2002

YouTube to delete ALL accounts?
« on: October 19, 2008, 01:23:34 am »
Just saw this bulletin in another user's bulletin space. Makes me wonder if this is legit or some BS chain letter.

Bulletin
Date:    October 18, 2008, 07:28 PM
Subject:    Deletion of all accounts?
Body:    
Friends I'm seeing this on some channels a bulletin from YouTube customer service stating that because there are so many fake accounts and robots on YT that they are deleting all accounts in december? Has anyone else gotten this? They are claiming if you repost the bulletin you won't be deleted. If you guys know anything about this let me know.

It is not appearing on everyone's channel though....

Offline Acid Colour Flux

Re: YouTube to delete ALL accounts?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 01:35:04 am »
Don't worry about it. Some one made a "dummy" account and posted that as a chain. Used to happen on myspace all the time. And there is no way they would even take the time to go through everyones accounts to see if you reposted.

Offline Vipercat

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 01:36:50 am »
Probably fake. Even if they did delete all accounts nothing would stop the robots or mossad trolls from making more fake accounts. It's not a bad idea though, it would get rid of all the fakes and squatters and make everyone put in a effort. If the person is a active user they would simply re-register their account. The downside of this would be the fakes and trolls could swoop in and steal accounts before the real owner re-registered it.

Offline creat3d

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 01:48:41 am »
This is as legit as all the emails about MSN Messenger costing 10$ a month unless you forward it... also, the original sender was Bill Gates.