Author Topic: Global Warming  (Read 860 times)

Offline bmanmcfly

Global Warming
« on: October 17, 2008, 09:22:38 pm »
I came across this forum where there was a debate going on about global warming... what I expected would be a quick discussion that I presented as a very balanced argument :

That AGW is either inconclusive to both sides, but most likely IF there is a human effect to the climate it will likely be a negligable one when compared to other factors, like solar radiation, stellar rays, etc.  But that the politicized climate was meant to introduce carbon taxes that will lead to taxation on the whole human existance = slavery.

I was presented with PAGES of graphs 'proving' it's true, no debate, full consensus of scientists, etc.

Any article I would point out would be refuted as 'skeptical tin foil hat wearing conspiracies'... only peer-reviewed studies could be used; I provide these sources, and they were deemed to old, found newly released studies were told that they were debunked... I was even presented the argument; while co2 did not drive the climate in the past it is doing so now. (That I explained was a rather 'orwellian' argument, saying an exhaust can become a propellant... in about 20 different ways)

So, I just wanted to see what the overall opinions are around here??  Also, what evidence was used to come to this conclusion... as apparently, 'reviewers' only count if they are supporting the IPCC...

Offline bmanmcfly

Re: Global Warming
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 03:05:39 am »
No comments?