Author Topic: where to get the kronkite likes satan, kissinger, nwo clip  (Read 7371 times)

Offline iks83

where to get the kronkite likes satan, kissinger, nwo clip
« on: July 29, 2008, 03:44:11 pm »
Alex sometimes plays that track with Kronkite, Kissinger, Huxley (I guess) talking about the NWO and stuff as the intro of White Zombie - Electric Head part 1. I guess is the name of the song. I think its awesome but couldnt find it on youtube. Need that in my playlist.

And another uhh linguistic question... when Alex talks about their false problems and solutions he often says "... it's like saying "Please don't throw me into the something patch..."" or whatever. What does he say? Dunno how to spell it so cant type it into the translator.

Offline libertad

Re: where to get the kronkite likes satan, kissinger, nwo clip
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 06:27:37 pm »
I don't know what that is from. Could it be a sound clip from Fabled Enemies?

For the second question, "briar patch"?

Offline Cywar

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 06:31:57 pm »
And another uhh linguistic question... when Alex talks about their false problems and solutions he often says "... it's like saying "Please don't throw me into the something patch..."" or whatever. What does he say? Dunno how to spell it so cant type it into the translator.

Uncle Remus

Br'er Rabbit ("Brother Rabbit") is the main character of the stories, a likable trickster prone to getting into trouble who is often opposed by Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear. In one tale, Br'er Fox constructs a lump of tar and puts clothing on it. When Br'er Rabbit comes along he addresses the "tar baby" amiably, but receives no response. Br'er Rabbit becomes offended by what he perceives as Tar Baby's lack of manners, punches it, and becomes stuck. Now that Br'er Rabbit is stuck, Fox ponders how to dispose of him. The helpless, but cunning, Br'er Rabbit pleads, "Please don't throw me in the briar patch," prompting Fox to do exactly that. As rabbits are at home in thickets, the resourceful Br'er Rabbit escapes. Using the phrases "please don't throw me in the briar patch" and "tar baby" to refer to the idea of "a problem that gets worse the more one struggles against it" became part of the wider culture of the United States in the mid-20th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_Remus

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."

—Albert Einstein

Offline iks83

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 03:45:17 am »
Ah thanks... always fun to learn new cultural stuff.

But for that clip... it must be somewhere. Need to listen to the refeed again, Alex even mentioned who made it.

Offline iks83

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 05:11:31 am »
Alex said that John (last name i dont remember), the guy who is putting the callers through and pulls up stuff that Alex is requesting made that intro. Would be nice to have that in HQ. Who else it talking there? Theres Kissinger, Kronkite, Huxley I guess and someone else... and a few media clips.

Offline Cywar

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 08:01:42 am »
Ah thanks... always fun to learn new cultural stuff.

But for that clip... it must be somewhere. Need to listen to the refeed again, Alex even mentioned who made it.

Your welcome. 

I dont know about the other one - I hope someone posts it.
"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."

—Albert Einstein