Author Topic: ICE Immigration Raids Are Reckless and Unconstitutional  (Read 1590 times)

Offline bigron

• RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT 2012
ICE Immigration Raids Are Reckless and Unconstitutional

http://www.commondreams.org/news2008/0520-04.htm

WASHINGTON, DC - May 20 - The American Civil Liberties Union commends Chairwoman Lynn Woolsey (D-CA) and the Workforce Protection Subcommittee of the House Education and Labor Committee for holding today’s hearing on immigration raids and their impact on families and communities. Since late 2006 the Department of Homeland Security Immigration Customs Enforcement (ICE) section has undertaken an unprecedented campaign of immigration raids in homes, and worksites. The ACLU has challenged the legality and constitutionality of many of these raids including worksite raids conducted in New Bedford, Massachusetts, and Van Nuys, California.

“ICE's immigration raids have been so sweeping that they have ensnared U.S. citizens, including innocent children, in their dragnet,” said Caroline Fredrickson, director of the ACLU Washington Legislative Office. “There are no regulations controlling ICE's reckless raids, and ICE routinely violates due process while conducting raids.”

During a raid last year in the San Francisco Bay Area, Kebin Reyes, a then 6-year-old U.S. citizen, was detained for 10 hours in an ICE field office after his home was raided by ICE. The ACLU, with the San Francisco Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights, sued ICE on behalf of Reyes, arguing that his detention violated his constitutionally protected civil rights. Katherine Gibney, the principal of Reyes’s school, is scheduled to testify in today’s subcommittee hearing.

“Today’s hearing is a long-awaited effort to shine a light on the devastating human toll of immigration raids, particularly on innocent U.S. citizen children,” added Joanne Lin, ACLU Legislative Counsel. “Left in the wake of ICE's reckless raids are young children who are terrified of ICE agents barging into their homes. They fear attending school or church because they may never see their parents again, and they live with the threat of being permanently separated from their families.”

The San Francisco Gate’s article on Kebin Reyes is available here. :

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/04/27/MNGJIPGO341.DTL&hw=kebin+reyes&sn=001&sc=1000

###

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
Re: ICE Immigration Raids Are Reckless and Unconstitutional
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 09:09:35 am »
God knows I'm so sick of these people whining about ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS rights are being violated. they are ILLEGAL!!! They have no rights other than the right to get the f*** out of my country and apply like everybody else.

Just imagine the uproar in Mexico if say a group of 10,000 white Americans decided to cross the border illegally, and set up house. You think the Mexican authorities would defend them and their "rights" to be there? Uhmmm, NO. The Mexican Mafia/Military would show up, and arrest everybody, and they'd be thrown in jail with no due process, no lawyer, nothing. And don't count on the State Department helping out those Americans, because the State won't support the "illegal activities" of Americans in another country, unless your on the Fed payroll as an "advisor" of course.  ::)
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
1 Timothy 6:10 (KJB)

Offline wilson

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 07:44:01 pm »
God knows I'm so sick of these people whining about ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS rights are being violated. they are ILLEGAL!!! They have no rights other than the right to get the f*** out of my country and apply like everybody else.

Just imagine the uproar in Mexico if say a group of 10,000 white Americans decided to cross the border illegally, and set up house. You think the Mexican authorities would defend them and their "rights" to be there? Uhmmm, NO. The Mexican Mafia/Military would show up, and arrest everybody, and they'd be thrown in jail with no due process, no lawyer, nothing. And don't count on the State Department helping out those Americans, because the State won't support the "illegal activities" of Americans in another country, unless your on the Fed payroll as an "advisor" of course.  ::)

There are about a million Americans living in Mexico. Some estimates are much higher.  A percentage of these and probably much more than your example of 10,000 are  most likely living "illegally" in violation of Mexican immigration law.

So really what you are advocating is hate and more and more government control of people. Which seems to be counter to freedom. At least in my mind.

Maybe you haven't followed just how inept, cumbersome, slow and stupid the American immigration system is. Not to mention the actual criminality of it. There are numerous examples in the media attesting to this and probably much more that is kept hidden.

Offline valfather

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 07:57:09 pm »
So now the NWO DHS are the good guys because they are protecting you from the scary brown people who talk funny?

Offline preid2

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 08:21:02 pm »
Ok guys I guess we need an elementary school lesson on who crated the borders and why AGAIN! First of all it was the elite who came up with the idea of drawing lines in the sand and using the dusty old divide and conquer technique calling people on one side of the line for example Mexicans and people on the other side of the line Americans. I'm sick and tired of hearing this bull from people on patriot radio about how the illegals(a government classification by the way) are taking all of our jobs. The elite were gonna bring America down with or without the help of these poor people. I'm sick and tired of hearing about how all these people have chickens running around in their yard and about how all of them are criminals because they don't have uncle sam's golden stamp of approval. Not too long ago it was the run away slaves they were calling illegal. What happened to you people who now are prepared to give your life to protect the government's borders and fight your fellow man who you should be sheltering and feeding? When I was in Iraq I had to witness these same people you call illegal getting wounded and dying for a government that even though they were members of their armed forces still wouldn't legalize. And let me tell you another thing these same "illegals were among the bravest men out there, too bad it was all for a lie. I'm not trying to sound melodramatic but you people really need to learn to see brainwashing for what it is because everything about patriot radio ain't valiant.

Offline wilson

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 10:00:38 pm »
Good post preid2, I agree. I am also sick of these frothing at the mouth hate illegals types. It is entirely a construct to take more of what little freedom we have left. And a strawman to divert people from the real issues. And as you point out divide and conquer.

I don't suppose the humanity of it ever enters the picture.  Anyone should have the right to go anywhere.

Governments don't own people even if they think they do, but that is the end result of all the things that these idiots want.

As I have said many times, if your problem is that they supposedly get "benefits" and mostly this seems to be along the lines of , "they get this and I don't" then the solution is simple, stop it.

Government needs you to hate something, they need you to be angry about something, because then they can grab more power.

You clamor to seal the border?  Sealing the border works both ways. You want documentation, national i.d., troops on the border, and worker data bases?  Sounds like Nazi Germany to me, only better because the technology is better.

Offline preid2

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 10:48:17 pm »
I was so caught up in this hatred of the so called illegals that I was angry at everyone who looked like they were hispanic. I am ashamed at how I allowed patriot radio to wash my brain in this respect. And make no mistake this hate mongering is a test and there are many on this forum who will take the bait when the race wars begin. Don't allow yourself to be consumed by this hatred the way I was.

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 05:08:27 pm »
That's my whole point! Why in the world do our founding documents talk about enemies "foreign"? Because there are people that do not live here in the land area called the united States of America. That right there seems to me to make a clear line in the sand. Under the idea of having individual countries, you have to be able to seperate each countries residents, right? That's what makes them a resident.

If you don't have a way to tell who is a resident, what's the point? And if you can't tell who is a resident, then why have a country in the first place? And if you don't have countries, then how can you have the NWO?

Ultimately, there should be no borders, or even countries. But, that's exactly what the NWO wants. With one big world system, it will be as though there are no borders. Get their border pass, and you'll be free to go where ever you want worldwide. Live, work, and play whereever you want, but that pass comes with a big price!

The only solution for a free people it seems is to not participate.
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
1 Timothy 6:10 (KJB)

Offline preid2

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 08:56:14 pm »
Actually you won't be able to travel anywhere, we will be packed into the big cities, and the surrounding country will be off limits to protect mother earth from our "carbon footprints". They will also use the big stick of the environment to tax us off the roads which they are well on the fast track to doing as gas climbs in price 10 cent a month.If this pace continues no one will be doing much moving in the near future.