Author Topic: The First Global Revolution Author: Club Of Rome  (Read 13211 times)

Offline Kaybowser

The First Global Revolution Author: Club Of Rome
« on: May 05, 2008, 02:39:08 pm »

"In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill...All these dangers are caused by human intervention and it is only through changed attitudes and behaviour that they can be overcome. The real enemy, then, is humanity itself."

- Club of Rome,
The First Global Revolution, consultants to the UN.

http://www.archive.org/details/TheFirstGlobalRevolution

If you can't get it there try the ftp link
ftp://ia360927.us.archive.org/2/items/TheFirstGlobalRevolution

Offline robbinzo

Re: The First Global Revolution Author: Club Of Rome
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 03:37:09 pm »
"No generation has ever liked its prophets, least of all those who point out the consequences of bad judgement and lack of foresight.

The Club of Rome can take pride in the fact that it has been unpopular for the last twenty years. I hope it will continue for many years to come to spell out the unpalatable facts and to unsettle the conscience of the smug and apathetic."

Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburugh
Message to the delegates at the Twentieth Anniversary Conference of the Club of Rome
Paris, 1988

Offline robbinzo

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 03:43:49 pm »
"(The First Global Revolution) is addressed to those who are concerned with the future of the planet and of humankind, and goes to sharpen their concern. This book may also help to awaken concern in others. Above all, it is addressed to the young so they may assess more coherently the state of the world which they have inherited from earlier generations, and may be inspired to work for the construction of a new and sustainable society, capable of providing equality and modest prosperity for their children and generations to come."

Offline robbinzo

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 04:05:30 pm »
"The need for enemies seems to be a common historical factor. Some states have striven to overcome domestic failure and internal contradictions by blaming external enemies. The ploy of finding a scapegoat is as old as mankind itself - when things become too difficult at home, divert attention to adventure abroad. Bring the divided nation together to face an outside enemy, either a real one, or else one invented for the purpose." (p.71)

Offline robbinzo

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 04:20:49 pm »
"In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. In their totality and their interactions these phenomena do constitute a common threat which must be confronted by everyone together. But in designating these dangers as the enemy, we fall into the trap, which we have already warned readers about, namely mistaking symptoms for causes. All these dangers are caused by human intervention in natural processes, and it is only through changed attitude  and behaviour that they can be overcome. The real enemy then is humanity itself."

Comment: This admission is particularly relevent considering the previous admission by the CoR that often enemies are invented. Notice also a similar theme in the thinking of PNAC in 'rebuilding America's Defences' where a 'New Pearl Harbor' was necessary to unite the people of the USA behind US hegemony and empire.

Offline robbinzo

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 04:30:12 pm »
"We must bo longer wait for tomorrow, it has to be invented."
Gaston Berger

Offline meshuggener

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 09:03:19 pm »
Can someone tell me where i can find these quotes in the document? I have the pdf file and I've read through the bulk of it without finding any of them. Also there are missing pages  ??? Perhaps the incriminating pages have been removed? I dunno...

Offline meshuggener

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 09:20:33 pm »
thought i'd bump this to see if anyone can help in case they missed it...?  :-\

Offline rio

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 04:21:48 pm »
I can't help you with the rest of the quotes right now, but you can search them in ScribdThere's a tab after you click on the link that will take you to the following quote (p. 86 on Scribd is actually pp. 74 and 75 from the book):

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2297152/Alexander-King-Bertrand-Schneider-The-First-Global-Revolution-Club-of-Rome-1993-Edition

The common enemy of humanity is man.

In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome.

Offline gabeh73

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 11:41:18 am »
aroudn page 82 in the pdf or 76 in the actual book....the quote is there plus some other stuff to make you puke.

Offline lucid

• Time's up!
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 01:14:35 am »
aroudn page 82 in the pdf or 76 in the actual book....the quote is there plus some other stuff to make you puke.

Yea, these people... terribly methodical. Thanks for the page.
They will not write history. We will!