Author Topic: Global Warming / Climate Change scam  (Read 225585 times)

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
Re: Global Warming / Climate Change scam
« Reply #360 on: November 27, 2009, 09:05:18 pm »

Andrew Bolt and Alan Jones are both repellent right wing sensationalists but at least they are talking about this! They are two of the only media personalities that are mentioning ClimateGate. Thanks goodness they are.

Andrew Bolt On ETS & Hacked CRU Climate Change Emails 1/2: Alan Jones Show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo4lkpomWqc

Andrew Bolt (Herald-Sun columnist) talks to Alan Jones (2GB Radio Show) about the Australian Emissions Trading Scheme legislation vote, the hacked CRU emails which have exposing the corruption and fraud around climate change, and the lack of serious attention being paid to it by the Rudd government.

Alan Jones asks while there are so many angry people asking questions about this Climategate issue, why there is no debate in the parliament about the leaked emails which expose intentional fudged statistics.

Tim Flannery, on ABC this week, admitted that he didn't understand the science anymore, that the models predicting runaway global warming - the real-world data - was contradicting them, and they couldn't understand it. His words were: "the computer-modelling and the real-world data disagree." Alan says that through all of this, you and I (Alan Jones & Andrew Bold) are accused of being part of some international conspiracy spreading lies about global warming, but when the emails demonstrate that there is a conspiracy to deceive the world, Kevin Rudd is silent.

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline mr anderson

• WeAreChange Brisbane
Greg Combet MP at it again, not happy over Co2 trading bill defeat in Senate
« Reply #361 on: December 02, 2009, 08:24:17 am »
ETS negotiations: Greg Combet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsGrnul7IBs

"We ultimately sat down with the Opposition, negotiated in good faith, made significant concessions, reached an agreement that was endorsed by the shadow cabinet and the Coalition party room, only to have a bunch of extremists, conspiracy theorists and climate change sceptics undo their own party, pull down their own leader and install Mr Abbott, of course who’s quite an ideologue on many fronts."

[email protected]
WeAreChange Brisbane
I hold personal views, beliefs and opinions that do not necessarily reflect the beliefs and opinions of WeAreChange Brisbane as a whole.

Our Bitcoin address: 1Fzb4bp48oMr7CFzT3SbkTzKpMSvWW1X1t

Offline mr anderson

• WeAreChange Brisbane
PM Rudd dismisses climate debate challenge
« Reply #362 on: December 05, 2009, 10:21:38 pm »
PM Rudd dismisses climate debate challenge

December 6, 2009
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/06/2763256.htm?section=business

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has dismissed a challenge for a series of public debates over climate change, saying the Federal Opposition needs to have a policy first.

Federal Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says he wants to have the debates over the proposed emissions trading scheme before the Government reintroduces the legislation in February.

But Mr Rudd says Mr Abbott should instead focus his efforts on developing a Coalition policy.

"Mr Howard had a policy on climate change, Mr Turnbull had a policy on climate change - it was called an emissions trading scheme," he said.

"Mr Abbott - the current leader of the Liberal Party - does not have any policy on climate change.

"I'd suggest the Leader of the Opposition calms down, puts in the hard yards and actually develops a policy."

The Government wants to reintroduce the emissions trading legislation even though it has already been rejected twice by the Senate.

Mr Abbott says the debates are needed because the public does not understand how it will work and what it will cost.

"We'll debate it once, twice, three times, four times, however many times is necessary until the public feel that they have had their questions answered to their satisfaction," he said.

The Coalition says its policy will be finalised before Parliament resumes in February.

Meanwhile, Greens Leader Bob Brown says he wants to be included in any public debate on climate change policy.

If there's going to be a debate anywhere between Rudd and Abbott, it also needs to have a Green there," he said.

"And if they're frightened of me, then we'll send along Christine Milne and she'll dish up both of them."
WeAreChange Brisbane
I hold personal views, beliefs and opinions that do not necessarily reflect the beliefs and opinions of WeAreChange Brisbane as a whole.

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
Wine cheaper than Coke and water - Australia in grape glut since 2007
« Reply #363 on: December 11, 2009, 12:41:00 pm »
Wine cheaper than Coke and water

December 12, 2009 12:00AM

* Wine industry in a grape glut
    * Shops selling wine at $1.99 apiece
    * Breaking news: What's happening now

WINE is now cheaper than water and Coke, courtesy of a grape glut, a surging dollar and changing tastes.

Woolworths' large-format liquor chain Dan Murphy's is selling 82,000 750ml cleanskins at $1.99 apiece.

By comparison Woolies charges $2.25 for Pump 750ml water bottles and $3.07 for 600ml of Coca-Cola - equal to $3.84 for 750ml.

"In my 15 years in the wine industry I can't remember a time when drinkers enjoyed better value for money," Dan Murphy's merchandise head Steve Donohue said.

So how do you sell wine for $1.99?

By buying it for as little as 45c/litre.

That's the rumour in the Riverina district, where Dan Murphy's is known to have bought the product.

Australia's wine industry has been facing a grape glut since 2007. And it is getting worse, with a new winery opening every two days.

In previous years much of the oversupply has been exported.

But the rising Australian dollar has made this harder - wine from Chile, Argentina and South Africa has become more attractive to both UK supermarkets and their customers.

The volume of wine exported fell 11 per cent last year, the first fall since 1995, meaning more has to be sold locally, depressing the price.

An extra 1.8 million litres of bottled white wine was sold in Australia in the three months to the end of September from a year earlier, Bureau of Statistics data show. For red wine the figure was 250,000 litres.

In the Riverina, the new pressure is the need to empty storage tanks before the new crop next month.

Producers' pain is drinkers' gain.

"You are paying less and getting as good quality," Mr Donohue said.

The $1.99 cleanskins are chardonnays and cabernet merlots, which lost market share to New Zealand cabernet sauvignon and Australian shiraz respectively.

http://www.news.com.au/business/wine-cheaper-than-coke-and-water/story-e6frfm1i-1225809563029

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #364 on: December 12, 2009, 11:47:49 pm »

Australia may foot huge climate change bill for China

By Glenn Milne
December 13, 2009 1:19AM

* India, China may force Australia to pay
    * Minister says nation ready to contribute
    * Breaking news: What's happening now

AUSTRALIA faces having to make a hefty payout to help developing countries such as China and India cope with climate change in order to clinch a deal in Copenhagen.

Despite Australia facing a domestic Budget deficit of about $50 billion for the coming year, Climate Change Minister Penny Wong told The Sunday Mail from Copenhagen that Australia would have to contribute to so-called climate "abatement" funds if India and China were to come into the climate-change tent.

"There are a range of figures flying around," Senator Wong said. "(British Prime Minister) Gordon Brown has proposed a $100 billion mix of public and private money. We have not indicated a figure but we have indicated we're prepared to do our fair share."

But new Opposition finance spokesman Barnaby Joyce immediately attacked the proposal.

"Essentially this Copenhagen plan means we borrow money from places like China to pay them to help them develop. I don't think they need our help. They're doing a very good job on their own."

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has previously backed a separate $US10 billion climate fund in talks with US President Barack Obama and Mr Brown.

Reports from Copenhagen say industrialised countries favour a target of 50 per cent reduction of global carbon emissions by 2020 (compared with 1990 levels), but major emerging economies led by China have baulked at any such target unless it is made clear that rich countries will assume most of the burden.

http://www.news.com.au/world/australia-may-foot-huge-climate-change-bill-for-china/story-e6frfkyi-1225809806693

~Aldous Huxley

Offline mr anderson

• WeAreChange Brisbane
Letters to the Editor - RE: Carbon tax, population control & world government
« Reply #365 on: December 18, 2009, 12:53:23 am »
From the Redland Times
http://www.baysidebulletin.com.au/

December 11, 2009

December 18, 2009

Response are limited to roughly 200 words  :P

My response:

Dear Editor,

I'd like to respond to Rhonda Bryce, Gordon Plowman & Allan Watson (December 18).

Rhonda, the Club of Rome also published The First Global Revolution; 1991 with an interesting quote: "In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill...All these dangers are caused by human intervention and it is only through changed attitudes and behaviour that they can be overcome. The real enemy, then, is humanity itself."

Gordon & Allan,

“2009 is also the first year of global governance, with the establishment of the G20 in the middle of the financial crisis. The climate conference in Copenhagen is another step towards the global management of our planet.” - EU President Rompuy

"A deal must include an equitable global governance structure." UN Secretary General Ban-Ki Moon.

Please contact the editors for my email as this issue extends beyond an opinion page.

Kind regards,

M.
WeAreChange Brisbane

Offline mr anderson

• WeAreChange Brisbane
Amazingly my response was posted in the Jan 1, 2010 edition of the Redland Times.

WeAreChange Brisbane

infections

Nice work Matt =) I'm surprised they printed it!

Offline mr anderson

• WeAreChange Brisbane
Nice work Matt =) I'm surprised they printed it!
Thanks

I'm as equally surprised.  :D

One can only assume that the editor looked up the quotes to verify and found it to be an interesting rebuttal. I've managed to get comments published on fluoride and proposed patrols of local parks too so sometimes it mustn't be pot luck.

Even though the paper is only 23 pages long due to the public holiday, 47,000 people will have the chance to see that.  ;D
WeAreChange Brisbane

Offline nedc

That was great, Matt!

Mike Philbin

Matt,

this is so sad for the simple reason that THIS IS WHAT THEIR OWN EDITORIAL STAFF (JOURNALISTS) ARE FAILING TO TELL YOU THE PEOPLE.

Good on you for doing this.

Mike

Offline NinjaGaijin

• MYSPACE/DJNINJAGAIJIN
    • SUBTERFUGE SEMINARS MYSPACE
« Reply #371 on: January 13, 2010, 01:45:55 am »
props man we all need to be doing this for our locals. I am terrified of the Herald Sun / MX papers though - they are the height of ignorance I would expect a backlash of editorial letters for months if I said anything provocational!

I wish I had money or access to printing equipment - I think huge flyer drops for these sorts of issues would really help. Our industrial society began with the printing presses - maybe we could free ourselves through them also.
myspace.com/djninjagaijin / toxemiarecords.com / toxemiarecords.999.org

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #372 on: February 02, 2010, 05:38:06 am »
WIN!!!

Mr Abbott's opposition to the Rudd Government's emissions trading scheme appears to have lifted the Coalition to its best position since the 2007 election loss, and Kevin Rudd's personal support is at its lowest since he became Prime Minister.

Coalition gets look at Tony Abbott climate plan as he gains ground on Kevin Rudd

* By Dennis Shanahan and Samantha Maiden
    * February 02, 2010 12:52PM
    * 85 comments

Tony Abbott's opposition to the Rudd Government's ETS has proven popular among the public / The Daily Telegraph

LIBERAL leader Tony Abbott has revealed his new climate change policy to MPs and senators in a Coalition parties meeting.

It is understood Mr Abbott's scheme focuses on a commercial carbon abatement plan which will use a whole range of measures to reduce emissions such as energy efficiency and renewable energy.

Mr Abbott will detail the plan before the House of Representatives sits at 2pm (AEDT) today.

A Liberal source said the plan was "credible" and was a lot cheaper than Labor had been claiming.

Former opposition leader Malcolm Turnbull, who lost the leadership over climate change, is understood to have addressed the meeting.

Mr Abbott's opposition to the Rudd Government's emissions trading scheme appears to have lifted the Coalition to its best position since the 2007 election loss, and Kevin Rudd's personal support is at its lowest since he became Prime Minister.

The electoral turnaround has occurred since the collapse of the Copenhagen climate change conference, and Mr Rudd yesterday warned his parliamentary colleagues that Labor "could lose the next election", The Australian reported.

The Liberal Party and Coalition primary votes are at their highest levels since John Howard lost government, and Labor's 10-point two-party preferred lead at the beginning of December has been cut to just four points, 52 per cent to 48 per cent.

According to the latest Newspoll survey, conducted last weekend exclusively for The Australian, the Liberal Party's primary vote rose three percentage points to 37 per cent - its highest since the election; the Coalition's vote was 41 per cent compared with Labor's unchanged 40 per cent two weeks ago.

Although the primary vote difference is within the margin of error, it is the first time the Coalition has been in front of Labor on primary vote, and the two-party-preferred margin is the equal closest since 2007.

Mr Rudd's personal standing has continued to fall, with his satisfaction rating dropping two points to 50 per cent last weekend - a decline of nine percentage points since the start of November; dissatisfaction jumped four points to 38 per cent, his highest level as Prime Minister.

While the Coalition vote rose, dissatisfaction with the Leader of the Opposition rose four points to 39 per cent reflecting a six point rise in dissatisfaction among females following Mr Abbott's comments on virginity.

Mr Rudd continued to dominate Mr Abbott as the preferred prime minister by 58 per cent to 26 per cent. But Mr Abbott's 26 per cent as preferred prime minister is equal to Malcolm Turnbull's best figure in September 2008.

Yesterday, Mr Rudd told a meeting of Labor MPs this year's parliamentary sitting would be a "tough year" and that Labor "could certainly lose the election".

http://www.news.com.au/national/tony-abbott-gains-ground-on-kevin-rudd/story-e6frfkvr-1225825731498

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #373 on: April 28, 2010, 05:57:26 am »
Kevin Rudd's great ETS fraud found out

Herald Sun colunnist Andrew Bolt asks if Kevin Rudd was lying in the past or if he's lying now.
Aust to lose credibility over canned ETS. The decision to delay an ETS is expected to tarnish Australia's credibility in the fight against...

Source: Herald Sun
by Andrew Bolt

* Herald Sun: Rudd cools on climate
    * The Australian: Rudd 'losing control'
    * The Punch: Cut the climate crap

THE great fraud has been found out, and his country saved - for now - from the greatest of his follies.

Here's the worst lie that Kevin Rudd, perhaps our most deceitful Prime Minister, once told about global warming and his Emissions Trading Scheme: "The biggest challenge the world faces in the decades ahead is climate change.

"It is the great moral and economic challenge of our time."

But on Tuesday Rudd decided "the great moral challenge" of our time wasn't, after all.

It was just "a" challenge, he said.

And with public trust falling in his ETS "solution" - a great green tax on gases - he cut and ran.

His ETS would be shelved until at least 2013. Two elections away. Yet only last year this same Government claimed "delay was denial", and we could not wait to save "our jobs, our houses, our farms, our reefs, our economy and our future". To stop "700,000 homes and businesses" on our coast from drowning. (Another lie.)

Rudd had his excuses, of course. The naughty Opposition now opposed the ETS in the Senate, and other countries were "slower to act" on global warming themselves.

But it was just more Rudd spin.

For years he's mocked warnings from sceptics and some Liberals that it was reckless for small Australia to make cuts that almost no other country would make.

As I've often argued, we'd just export jobs overseas without making a scrap of difference to any warming, which seems to have halted since 2001 anyway.

Rudd pretended then that such arguments were mad. Almost criminal.

"The clock is ticking for the planet," he said six months ago.

"The resolve of the Australian Government is clear - we choose action, and we do so because Australia's fundamental economic and environmental interests lie in action. Action now. Not action delayed."

The costs of delay would be "severe".

So why does Rudd only this week agree that waiting for the world is not mad, after all, but responsible? Was he spinning then, or is he spinning now?

Almost as empty is Rudd's excuse that his hand was forced by the Opposition's rejection of the ETS since the accidental rise of Tony Abbott to the Liberal leadership by a single vote.

IF Rudd truly believed his ETS was so desperately needed to meet the world's "biggest challenge", why didn't he fight like sin to get it through the Senate, as President Barack Obama fought to get his health reforms through his Senate?

Why didn't he throw everything into cutting a deal with the Greens and the two independent Senators to vote through an ETS to "save" the planet?

That deal may yet come, of course. Rudd's ETS is not yet a corpse but a zombie, and with an election looming, Rudd wants that zombie down in the crypt, so timid voters won't tremble.

You may think I'm harsh on Rudd, but I say little that he hasn't said himself - and of delayers just like him.

I remember his speech last November to the Lowy Institute in which he vilified me and a few other sceptics he named:

"The third group of climate deniers are those who pretend to accept the science but then urge delay because they don't want their country to be the first to act.

"What absolute political cowardice. What an absolute failure of leadership. What an absolute failure of logic."

You said it, Prime Minister. Or were you just spinning then, too?

http://www.news.com.au/opinion/kevin-rudds-great-ets-fraud-found-out-andrew-bolt/story-e6frfs99-1225859129194

~Aldous Huxley

Offline AnarchyOK

« Reply #374 on: June 29, 2010, 07:15:13 am »
great article, someone has it right ...finally
"fear is the virus they use to divide us "

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #375 on: July 07, 2010, 10:18:19 pm »

Gillard sets out climate concepts

* July 08, 2010 4:21AM

PRIME Minister Julia Gillard has emphatically ruled out any kind of carbon price before 2012 as she prepares to release a new policy on climate change.

That means no ETS, no carbon tax and no interim carbon levy until then.

Ms Gillard has already announced new approaches to the mining tax and to asylum seekers; climate change is the next cab off the rank for a pre-election policy makeover.

Ms Gillard made her strongest statements on the issue to date in an interview with ABC Television last night.

Earlier this year, former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd delayed the ETS (also called the Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme) from 2010 to at least 2013.

"I am holding to the decision that was announced by the government that we will review in 2012 the nature of the community consensus in Australia about the Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme," Ms Gillard said, adding that international progress would also be a factor.

"The announcements of the former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd about the Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme stand."

Ms Gillard had previously noted the decision to delay the ETS and said she wanted to build a community consensus before implementing a carbon price, but made her views clearer yesterday.

She reiterated that she would soon make announcements on climate change, and said they would focus on what could be done "in the meantime", before there was a price on carbon.

The Government is working hard behind the scenes on new actions to combat climate change, which are believed to focus on renewable energy - solar panels, wind farms and geothermal projects.

There is a range of such projects already funded which Ms Gillard could extend or highlight, or she could opt for new incentives for green energy.

The Government is also due to announce new measures on energy efficiency, with insiders speculating about a "white certificate" scheme.

The Opposition says there is no need for a carbon price and is pushing instead for a "direct action" scheme where the Government pays for emissions reductions. This could bear similarities to Labor's new approach.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/gillard-sets-out-climate-concepts/story-e6frfku0-1225889207977#ixzz0t3bCd0eT

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
Public forum promises to cut through the fog of climate science

* Guy Healy
    * March 17, 2010 12:00AM

PETER Coaldrake has chosen a hot topic for Universities Australia's first public forum as the peak lobby group seeks to cast off its image as a club of vice-chancellors who blow a "foghorn for funding".

Tomorrow at a UA-hosted forum in Parliament House, Canberra, a senior scientist from the Bureau of Meteorology, Blair Trewin, will defend its century-long climate science record.

This week the bureau released a statement characterising Australia's climate as more extremely hot days, fewer cold ones, wetter in the north and drier in the south. This was a snapshot of today's climate, not a forecast, the bureau explained.

Professor Coaldrake told the HES his fellow vice-chancellors fully supported his plan to engage the public through forums, provided UA's ability to lobby forcibly on resource issues was not lost.

The Queensland political scientist, who cut his teeth critiquing the gerrymander of the Bjelke-Petersen era, admitted some of his counterparts thought the forums risky.

"If it's a risk so be it," he said. "But it's a risk worth taking if we are interested in standing up for science and research and encouraging the next generation to take scientific careers."

Vice-chancellors - whose universities employ about half the country's research scientists - recognised they had to engage the community and help meet the challenge of communicating complex scientific ideas, he said.

Tomorrow's UA forum on climate change would ventilate community concerns over the rate of Himalayan glacial melt and other errors in the case for climate change.

Fumbles by the International Panel on Climate Change, as well as the behaviour and attitudes revealed by the Climategate email affair, have weakened public confidence in the science.

Professor Coaldrake said if any frailties were found in the science, they should be addressed.

Climate scientists had a responsibility to ensure their science was "incredibly robust" to retain public confidence and attract the next generation of scientists.

The forum will tackle the certainties and uncertainties of climate change, including projections that enjoy a range of confidence.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/higher-education/public-forum-promises-to-cut-through-the-fog-of-climate-science/story-e6frgcjx-1225841566745

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page

Ironically enough sevoflurane, isoflurane, and desflurane are all fluorine (flouride) based anesthetics. Even to the untrained eye it is obvioue by the "flur" in the name that there will be a fluorine atom in the compounds molecule. A side issue from the global warming fraud now catching everything in it's net of lies is the fact that if fluorine is an important element in anesthetics how can anyone deny that fluoride effects your brain and thus your ability to think and perceive.

Anesthetic contributes majorly to global warming

Submitted by Amanda Lysak on Thu, 07/08/2010 - 15:50.

* Featured
    * General News
    * TNM
    * United States

Anesthetic contributes majorly to global warming.

Inhaled anesthetics a basic necessity for surgery mainly in case of anesthetic desflurane is supposedly a causative agent of global warming, claims a study.

According to reports laid by Dr. Susan M. Ryan of University of California and computer scientist Claus J. Nielsen of University of Oslo, sevoflurane, isoflurane, and desflurane were labelled as greenhouse gases.

It was further added that usage of desflurane for one hour is akin to 235 to 470 miles of driving.

It also is termed to be a vent out for the building as medical waste gases and hover around the atmosphere for a longer duration.

Reports by Ryan and Nielsen suggests that it essentially is the "simple, knowledge-based decisions" that anesthesiologists follow to curb the environmental happenings that occur due to medical conditions and thus avoid high rates of desflurane.

http://www.topnews.in/anaesthetic-contributes-majorly-global-warming-2266267

Other refs

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/healthday/640856.html
http://health.msn.com/medications/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100261025
http://www.usnews.com/mobile/articles_mobile/anesthetics-could-add-to-global-warming
http://www.doctorslounge.com/index.php/news/hd/12193

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #378 on: July 11, 2010, 11:54:16 pm »

No Carbon tax! *whip* Take that you scum. *whip whip whip* You must be punished for not accepting our global carbon tax!!!

More pain ahead as power bills set to soar

* By Simon Benson
    * July 12, 2010 12:00AM

Prime Minister Julia Gillard's refusal to set a carbon price will result in higher electricity prices, economists warn. Picture: Colin Murty Source: The Daily Telegraph
Bills

Households will be put under more stress, with bills set to soar by $60 a year. Picture: Mark Calleja Source: The Daily Telegraph

* Shelving of ETS to result in higher bills
    * Lack of carbon price "to blame for rise"
    * Follows a 30 per cent rise in NSW
    * Join us over on Facebook | Twitter

PRIME Minister Julia Gillard's refusal to set a carbon price will cost Australian households an extra $2 billion a year in higher electricity prices.

That's the damning finding of a major research report by the country's leading economists and power companies.

The paper, obtained by The Daily Telegraph on the eve of Prime Minister Julia Gillard's expected policy announcement on climate change, forecasts that the Government's shelving of the emissions trading scheme will add an extra $60 a year to the average household bill.

Ms Gillard has ruled out setting a carbon price until at least 2012 but the report has warned the extra price rise for consumers is already locked in.

And it will come on top of the 30 per cent price rise that kicked in two weeks ago for NSW consumers for the next three years.

The report, produced for the Climate Institute by some of the country's leading energy providers and economists including Westpac, KPMG, AGL, Pacific Hydro, General Electric and OgilvyEarth, has forewarned that the price rises over the next 10 years was already being factored into future investment in meeting rising power demand.

The price rises were necessary, they said, because investors were refusing to fund any new coal- fired or open gas-fired base-load power plants while there was uncertainty around the price of pollution they emit.

Instead, new power sources are being planned around gas-fired "peaking" power plants which are cheaper to build but more expensive to operate.

"The results are based on a scenario [in which] companies continue to build peaking power stations to meet growing demand, instead of intermediate and baseload power stations (such as combined cycle gas plants) which are more efficient, potentially less polluting and have lower running costs," said a statement by the economists who wrote the report.

"Across the economy this equates to about a $2 billion-a-year loss to electricity consumers in 2020. For an average household, this means spending on electricity would increase by $60 per year by 2020.

"The research underscores that uncertainty around the price tag on pollution will increase electricity prices, hurt the economy and hit the cost of living for every day Australians.

"Without greater certainty and a clear, credible and detailed plan to reduce our economy's dependence on pollution and make clean energy cheaper, these costs will be locked in and will increase over time.

Once these investments are made, their cost is effectively locked into the economy and is passed on. Climate change policy and uncertainty about long-term policy settings is a critical factor in considering what type of generation to build."

Ms Gillard is expected to take her climate change policy to Cabinet tomorrow.

It could be the final political hurdle - after the mine tax and asylum seekers - before she calls an election.

But the report warned the refusal to set a carbon price until 2012 at the earliest had dire implications for the power industry and consumer prices.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/features/federal-election/more-pain-ahead-as-power-bills-set-to-soar/story-fn5tar6a-1225890488248#ixzz0tRK0qq8j

~Aldous Huxley

Offline AnarchyOK

« Reply #379 on: July 12, 2010, 05:53:55 am »
they keep going on about having hotter days etc is a load of shit, perth has experienced its coldest days and wetest weeks all in the past couple months. It doesnt make sense.

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #380 on: July 12, 2010, 01:36:52 pm »
they keep going on about having hotter days etc is a load of shit, perth has experienced its coldest days and wetest weeks all in the past couple months. It doesnt make sense.

Haven't you heard? We've broken the weather. Hotter days...Climate Change. Record cold...Climate Change. More rain than ever...Climate Change. My cat is constipated and I have it on good authority that is was caused by...Climate Change!

Here in Northern Victoria it is freezing cold and raining every other day, yet they would have us believe that there is a severe drought and global warming is going to cause another record dangerous bushfire season... ::)

I'm sure that Victorians are being lied to about the amount of water in our reservoirs. What a bunch of criminals.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline menace

« Reply #381 on: July 13, 2010, 01:26:37 am »
One thing I do agree with is getting a Solar powerd fan or heater during the winter would be a good thing when the power goes off. Such as this nice little fan

http://www.shop.senecaelectronicsonline.com/product.sc;jsessionid=7AE81EA6DFD91E168E88A7F7C2BD8E34.qscstrfrnt04?productId=242

Offline Finchie

« Reply #382 on: July 13, 2010, 01:57:27 am »
Global warming is a big problam it cause by CO2 contributes to global warming, the increase in population makes the problem worse because we breathe out CO2. Also, the trees that convert our CO2 to oxygen are being demolished because we're using the land that we cut the trees down from as property for our homes and buildings.

Do you believe that because that is what you have been told or because you can point to scientific papers that are convincing on this matter?

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #383 on: July 13, 2010, 05:05:34 am »
Do you believe that because that is what you have been told or because you can point to scientific papers that are convincing on this matter?

Uh, that post appears to be spam. Look at the sig and the profile name. Throw out some stupid statement to get people's attention. And it worked! ::)
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
1 Timothy 6:10 (KJB)

Offline Finchie

« Reply #384 on: July 13, 2010, 05:46:44 am »
Uh, that post appears to be spam. Look at the sig and the profile name. Throw out some stupid statement to get people's attention. And it worked! ::)
I don't make a habit of checking signatures and profile names before posting and will check this more carefully in future. I have no problem with you pointing out to me that this is spam. However if you were speaking to a stranger in the street you would not roll your eyes at them and nor should you do so in an online forum.

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #385 on: July 13, 2010, 06:47:10 am »
It's rather presumptive to claim I'd do something in some hypothetical situation don't you think? In fact I would do so, because the "roll" is not directed at you, as the tenseness of your post suggests you feel.

Rather the rolling of the eyes in my post is an indicator of the tiresome attempts of spammers constantly posting silly posts that are obvious attention getters, which is the whole goal of a spam post. My reaction smilie was basically me saying "Here we go again!". You obviously took the bait of the spam. We all have at one time or another, no big deal.

My post was a heads up, not a condemnation. My apologies for the apparent offense I caused you.
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
1 Timothy 6:10 (KJB)

Offline Finchie

« Reply #386 on: July 13, 2010, 09:02:54 am »
If the roll eyes emoticon was not directed at me (but at the spammer) then I don't have any problem with your comment and I apologise that I took it the wrong way.

Offline AnarchyOK

« Reply #387 on: July 30, 2010, 02:23:31 am »
any aussies on here that know of " AngryAussie" on youtube, he posted a video demonizing global warming deniers,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qslWsb25Sak, well i commented about the leaked emails and such then he replies that "the scientists involved in the scandal were cleared of any wrong doing by an independent inquiry " etc etc, then i reply back with some facts about the infowars article a little while back, http://www.infowars.com/climategate-whitewash-complete-third-inquiry-clears-everyone-involved/, and he ends up deleting my 3 part message and banning me from commenting on the video and sends me a message saying " f**k off and die you stinking f**king lying c#nt."
Sounds like someone that cant handle the truth, but feels good to shut someone down with truth,especially that wanker.

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #388 on: July 30, 2010, 03:38:01 am »
any aussies on here that know of " AngryAussie" on youtube, he posted a video demonizing global warming deniers,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qslWsb25Sak, well i commented about the leaked emails and such then he replies that "the scientists involved in the scandal were cleared of any wrong doing by an independent inquiry " etc etc, then i reply back with some facts about the infowars article a little while back, http://www.infowars.com/climategate-whitewash-complete-third-inquiry-clears-everyone-involved/, and he ends up deleting my 3 part message and banning me from commenting on the video and sends me a message saying " f**k off and die you stinking f**king lying c#nt."
Sounds like someone that cant handle the truth, but feels good to shut someone down with truth,especially that wanker.

Oh god that guy is painful!

~Aldous Huxley

wvoutlaw2002

« Reply #389 on: July 30, 2010, 08:08:40 am »
Time to make The Angry Aussie Deception. ;D

Offline AnarchyOK

« Reply #390 on: July 30, 2010, 08:57:44 pm »
 ;D the dude is a genuine psychopath.

Offline AnarchyOK

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #392 on: August 30, 2010, 06:30:48 am »

Extreme weather tests global warming and climate change theories

by Ryan Jaroncyk
Mon, Aug 16th 2010

Bizarre weather events are presenting scientists and lay people alike with the opportunity to put different global warming and climate change models to the test this year.  Here's a brief, but relevant list of recent phenomena that could serve as independent tests for assessing the validity of competing views:

Russia-  It's been the warmest year on record, with temperatures above 100 degrees, a severe drought, and a number of wildfires plaguing the wheat crops

Cyclones- Global tropical cyclone activity is at 30 year lows

Pakistan- Afghanistan's neighbor is experiencing record monsoonal rains and catastrophic flooding

Antarctica- Antarctic ice is growing at the fastest rate ever

Arctic- In July, ice levels were at their second lowest ever, though air temperatures appear to be cooler than those in the 1950s

China-  The Chinese are experiencing their worst floods in decades

Peru- Plunging temperatures caused a state of emergency

Bolivia-  About 6 million fish died due to extremely cold temperatures

Global (land) temperatures-  Following the record warm months of January through June, July was the second warmest on record

California-  San Francisco experienced its coolest July since 1971, while San Diego was at its coldest (in July) since 1933

Germany-  Through the first six months of 2010, Germany witnessed its coldest year since 1996

Iowa-  Having experienced its wettest 36-month period in 127 years, devastating flooding wreaked havoc

While this is not an exhaustive list, at first glance, the globe seems to be experiencing a wide array of warming, cooling, precipitation, and atmospheric events.

read more
http://caivn.org/article/2010/08/16/extreme-weather-tests-global-warming-and-climate-change-theories

~Aldous Huxley

Offline AnarchyOK

« Reply #393 on: August 30, 2010, 07:46:05 am »
yep, this is why there cannot be a general consensus on it.

Offline AnarchyOK

« Reply #394 on: August 30, 2010, 09:13:25 am »
i just read this 18 page paper on The "Sun-climate" relationship : III. The solar flares, north-south sunspot area asymmetry and climate", its an interesting read.
Basically says that the cooling/warming are natural cycles last ending '96-'00, that solar activity,clouds , MLA,sunspots and some other factors i cant remember right now play a bigger role in climate change.
The paper also suggests that the northern hemisphere will also endure more temperature cooling and climate conditions could be turn back to conditions almost the same as the dalton minimum.

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1007/1007.2099.pdf

"In this light the climate warming tendency after AD 1975 is rather natural as by an anthropogenic origin."

"The quasi 60 year climate cycle is caused by the same one high energetic solar corpuscular events; 3.
The increasing of the solar high energetic particles ( probably mainly protons) fluxes lead to the same effects in Earth atmosphere such
as the galactic cosmic rays with the same energies, i.e. an increasing of the aerosols production rate and cloudness and as a final effct – to a climate cooling."

"Evidence in this course that the modern climate changes are not by anthropogenic origin could also given by
 comparison of Mars climate conditions during the last three decades."

"By the combination with the strong maximum of A (a very expressive domination of Sun Northern hemisphere activity) in 1950th and
remaining positive levels in 1960th the temporal climate cooling between AD 1940 and 1975/76 could be satisfactorily explained."

"It will be demonstrated below how the specific combination of the solar erruptive activity and north –south sunspot area assymetry is the most probable factor
for the fast warming both in the second half of 19th and in the end of 20th centuries and no additional cause (human activity) is needed for explanation there."

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #395 on: September 27, 2010, 05:24:43 am »
So Australia will get it's carbon tax and like it! No transparency and no discussion.

Julia Gillard announces climate committee

* September 27, 2010 6:48PM

AUSTRALIA has moved closer to putting a price on carbon, with the Government revealing the makeup of a new climate committee amid accusations of secrecy and division over the emissions target.

Prime Minister Julia Gillard announced her new multi-party climate change committee today, which includes Greens leader Bob Brown and Greens deputy leader Christine Milne.

The committee's starting point will be that a carbon price is required to reduce pollution and encourage investment in low-emission technologies.

Its deliberations will be "broadly limited'' to the issue of carbon pricing, and consider pricing mechanisms such as a broad-based emissions trading scheme, a carbon levy, or a hybrid of both.

The committee will receive independent advice from four experts - Ross Garnaut, Will Steffen, Rod Sims and Patricia Faulkner - as well as from departmental secretaries involved in implementing climate change policy.

But just minutes after the committee was unveiled, the Government and the Greens had to defend its terms of reference, which show discussions would be behind closed doors.

"Cabinet meets in secrecy, so do party rooms,'' Senator Brown said.

"The end result is going to be very public and a bit of secrecy, or confidentiality, along the way to get the best result over all is a reasonable price to pay.''

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/julia-gillard-announces-climate-committee/story-e6frfku0-1225930136556#ixzz10ixfIcwM

~Aldous Huxley

Offline AnarchyOK

« Reply #396 on: September 27, 2010, 06:30:50 pm »
why do you deliver the bad news brocke lol

Offline AnarchyOK

« Reply #397 on: September 28, 2010, 08:39:03 am »
ok , Australia in 2007 emitted 597,200 Mt, 16th largest emitter in the world. - http://www.aph.gov.au/library/pubs/ClimateChange/whyClimate/human/howMuch/howMuch.htm, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_greenhouse_gas_emissions

221,800 Mt of greenhouse gases emitted were from "Energy Industries" - http://www.aph.gov.au/library/pubs/ClimateChange/whyClimate/human/howMuch/stationary.htm

Now if the greens want to stand by their proposal of 25 - 40% reduction in Co2 emissions by 2020 thats a massive 203,392 Mt of Co2 , thats basically like having a non-existant "energy industry" for the next 10 years lmao.

What im trying to say is that no matter what target they aim for, it is going to be totally impracticle,unrealistic & delusional, now if we go off gillards target of 5 - 25% thats a cutback of 149,300 Mt at 25% even LESS if it was only 5% which would have fark all effect. Lord Monckton has said it time and time again that the target reduction rates governments are proposing will have such little effect it will be irrelevant and would need SEVERE changes and restrictions to be accomplished.
http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/monckton/temperature_and_co2_change_briefing.html

I know all this is based off 2007 statistics but i could not find anything on 2009 statistics.
Also this is an interesting read too, http://www.ipa.org.au/publications/1359/so-now-you-have-bought-an-emissions-trading-scheme.

Please let me know if i have if im wrong about anything ive said.

Offline agentbluescreen

« Reply #398 on: September 28, 2010, 09:23:59 am »
So Australia will get it's carbon tax and like it! No transparency and no discussion.

Julia Gillard announces climate committee

The committee's starting point will be that a carbon price is required to reduce pollution and encourage investment in low-emission technologies.

This is like "investigating" 9/11/2001 starting at 7:59 AM EST

Of course we all know why a price must be extracted over this energy-owner chicken-little "sky is falling" nonsense, because if they subsidized and made so-called "low-emission technologies" TAX FREE, then THEY would be competitive with the politician's OWNER's other lucrative price fixing energy-profiteering scams...

This is like killing the goose in the vain and myopic hope of getting all the golden eggs

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
Prince of Wales calls for revolution – albeit a sustainable one
« Reply #399 on: October 05, 2010, 10:09:47 pm »

Prince of Wales calls for revolution – albeit a sustainable one

In his new book, Harmony, prince advocates a 'whole-istic' approach to science and a move away from modern architecture

* Stephen Bates
    * guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 5 October 2010 18.12 BST
    * Article history

Trailer for the documentary also called Harmony
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/oct/05/prince-charles-book-harmony

Any book by the heir to throne which starts "This is a call to revolution" is arresting. Add to that the fact that the title is Harmony, bearing in mind the cacophanous clashes in Prince Charles's own life, and you might think that you are in for a thriller.

You would be wrong. The book, co-written with Tony Juniper, ex-director of Friends of the Earth, and BBC Radio 3 broadcaster Ian Skelly, may be the heaviest ever produced by a member of the royal family, and not just because of the embossed gold writing on the dustjacket and colour photographs on virtually every one of its 326 glossy pages. The call to revolution turns out, disappointingly, to be a demand for greater sustainability.

"I don't want my grandchildren – or yours – to come along and say, 'Why the hell didn't you do something about this? You knew what the problem was.' That's what motivates me," says the Prince of Wales in an accompanying television documentary, sitting in an elegant cream suit in the garden of his country home at Highgrove. "I can only, somehow, imagine that I find myself being born into this position for a purpose."

The book hits the shops later this month at £25, just in time for the Christmas market. The book sets out not only Prince Charles's familiar concerns about the state of the environment and the disconnections within modern society, but ruminates on other familiar themes, including architecture and spirituality. Juniper and Skelly are credited by the publisher, HarperCollins, with being able "to explain in simple terms the essential details of the prince's vision".

read more
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/oct/05/prince-charles-book-harmony

~Aldous Huxley