Author Topic: TV-Miniseries: John Adams  (Read 13353 times)

Offline mr anderson

• WeAreChange Brisbane
TV-Miniseries: John Adams
« on: March 23, 2008, 06:22:26 am »
Boston, 1770. In the aftermath of the Boston Massacre-a deadly street confrontation between American colonists and an occupying British brigade-John Adams takes an unpopular stand by agreeing to serve as defense attorney for the accused British soldiers. Counseled in his summation by his beloved wife Abigail, Adams wins the case-but surprises the British by turning down a lucrative position with the Crown. As pro-independent sentiment boils over in Massachusetts following the Coercive/Intolerable Acts, Adams is invited to join the newly created Continental Congress. After a rousing speech to his constituents, he says an emotional goodbye to his family before heading to Philadelphia--and an uncertain future.
WeAreChange Brisbane
I hold personal views, beliefs and opinions that do not necessarily reflect the beliefs and opinions of WeAreChange Brisbane as a whole.

Our Bitcoin address: 1Fzb4bp48oMr7CFzT3SbkTzKpMSvWW1X1t

Offline mr anderson

• WeAreChange Brisbane
Re: TV-Miniseries: John Adams
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 12:08:54 am »
WeAreChange Brisbane
I hold personal views, beliefs and opinions that do not necessarily reflect the beliefs and opinions of WeAreChange Brisbane as a whole.

Offline Indurain

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 03:55:14 am »
That's so weird. I always thought Tom Hanks was part of the NWO. John Adams is incredible and really inspires you to be a Patriot. To go out and fight for what you have. I am Australian and I feel like coming over to the USA to fight for your Constitution after watching the first 3 parts.

Offline mr anderson

• WeAreChange Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 10:51:13 pm »
Also of interest, the Adams political family is connected with U.S. Presidents Millard Fillmore, William Howard Taft, and Calvin Coolidge and U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney, through common descent from one Henry Squire.
WeAreChange Brisbane

Offline votewritein

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 12:49:03 pm »
I watched all 7 episodes over the weekend...2 thumbs up for me...Paul Giamatti played an excellent John Adams...

Offline ryanwv

• The Ghost of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 01:18:33 pm »
It really surprises me that a major media outlet like HBO is doing a film on John Adams. It is very good thing that a lot of people get to see how a real patriot lives his/her life.
The gentlemen from Tokyo MR. Ryan D. Smith

Offline jkm1864

• I drink Cool-Aid
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 12:59:30 pm »
I just finished it offshore and I have to admit it was awesome. I almost or wanted to cry thinking about the millions of people that died for this country hoping to build a better place for their children. I look around today and its really starting to make me sick especially considering the fact that people died for this crap. Everywhere You look You see things that are against the constitution and the slave masters and their slaves are content while the working class continues to groan under the burden placed on them by the evil elite and the welfare ( useless eaters ) crowd.

Offline Mithridates

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 03:53:51 am »
Sorry for like the year-ish bump. I never really considered John Adams the biggest patriot. Alien & Sedition Acts leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Offline doc killdare

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 02:54:13 pm »
would have been a great series in my mind except for one small probably unnoticed scene...in i think it was the second hour when there is a reading of the declaration of independence, HBO conveniently left out one line of the greatest importance..."to ensure these liberates governments are instituted amongst men deriving their just power from the consent of the governed." a dangerous principle that if god forbid the American people should realise then all hell might just break lose and the government might actually have to answer to the people....

Offline ryanwv

• The Ghost of Liberty
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 10:12:11 pm »
You are right. I do believe they left out that part. The government works for us of course. Maybe they thought it would be too much for people. Those in power tend to believe that the common people cannot fully understand the framework of government.
The gentlemen from Tokyo MR. Ryan D. Smith

Offline Freeski

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 08:03:28 am »
bump for later - thanks
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.