Author Topic: Trump the gun-grabber?  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Rex

Trump the gun-grabber?
« on: May 29, 2018, 06:52:03 am »
In response to a question about a school shooting a while back, Trump said that guns should be taken first, and due process should come later.  The specific incident involved a person with a mental history.  So, Trump's in favor of disarming those who might be a danger to themselves or others.

And Ron Paul last week warned that Republican senators are working with Democrats to create a bill that would disarm people who are a threat.  A handful of states have laws where a family member, or anybody really, can claim that a person is a threat, and a judge can then order disarmament.  And the Republican Senate is now working to make that a federal law.

From what Trump has said, it appears that he would sign such a law.  Or am I imagining things?

Offline JTCoyote

Re: Trump the gun-grabber?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 12:50:52 am »
In response to a question about a school shooting a while back, Trump said that guns should be taken first, and due process should come later.  The specific incident involved a person with a mental history.  So, Trump's in favor of disarming those who might be a danger to themselves or others.

And Ron Paul last week warned that Republican senators are working with Democrats to create a bill that would disarm people who are a threat.  A handful of states have laws where a family member, or anybody really, can claim that a person is a threat, and a judge can then order disarmament.  And the Republican Senate is now working to make that a federal law.

From what Trump has said, it appears that he would sign such a law.  Or am I imagining things?

The so-called "Red-Flag" bills have been working their way around in the state houses for years... they always seem to get voted down, wonder why... because the are thinly veiled snitch laws in disguise perhaps? And unconstitutional to boot.

The federal government has no power under the Constitution to pass any such law, it would require a ratifying majority of State legislatures and governors to even be considered...and then it would still be unconstitutional. It would be Amending the Constitution in abrogation of Article 5 against one of the 10 set laws that require all of states, just like the unanimity that was required to create the republic in the first place on December 15 1791... the REAL Constitution Day, fyi. 

And, no, trump would not sign it even if they passed it knowing what I just stated. He would fool the dumb people in the congress and in the statehouses to show their true anti-American hand and intent letting them think he would... but he wouldn't sign it... He's not a bold face liar like, Obama... Trump is a man of the people for a change, a long awaited man of God who like George Washington would never lower himself to become king.

JTCoyote

?6) But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give
us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD.
7) And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice
of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not
rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign
over them.?
  ~1st Samuel, Ch. 8, v. 6-7, (KJV)