Author Topic: Americans Bought ‘17,850 Tons’ of Imported Ammo in Last 12 Months  (Read 2477 times)

Offline windyacres

• 2+2=4
  Americans Bought ‘17,850 Tons’ of Imported Ammo in Last 12 Months

Breitbart
 12-16-16
 AWR HAWKINS

As gun sales have skyrocketed over the past 19 months, ammunition sales have also surged, with “17,850 tons” of imported ammunition being sold in the past 12 months. That is nearly 18,000 tons of ammo in a year’s time and approximately “2,865 tons of bullets” that were imported in November alone.

Read more -

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/12/16/americans-bought-17850-tons-of-ammo-in-last-12-months/

Be Prepared

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
Re: Americans Bought ‘17,850 Tons’ of Imported Ammo in Last 12 Months
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 01:55:02 pm »
Ok I'll bite - Why IMPORTED ?

Americans Bought ‘17,850 Tons’ of Imported Ammo
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline windyacres

• 2+2=4
Re: Americans Bought ‘17,850 Tons’ of Imported Ammo in Last 12 Months
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 02:14:36 am »
  CNN Money pointed to figures from research firm Panjiva, which show ammunition imports for last month were up 200% over where they were a year ago. Panjiva’s Chris Rogers said,

“It’s very unusual in an import industry like this to see such a big move. It tells you that there’s a customer demand that’s not being met by U.S. manufacturers.”

Panjiva identifies the top foreign importer as “Poongsan Corp.” of South Korea. “Fiocchi Munizioni of Italy and Prvi Partizan of Serbia” are next in line, as far as foreign ammunition importers go. 

The article didn't state what Calibers of Ammo were being
imported, that's what I want to know.   I've been to gun shows
and seen lots of odd-ball ammo that nobody buys and the
50 round boxes are tattered from age, but there is odd ammo
available at gun shows in the USA. 

Be Prepared