Author Topic: MADE IN CHINA  (Read 5209 times)

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
MADE IN CHINA
« on: December 03, 2016, 04:57:40 pm »
... as the BIG LEAGUE push to make AMERICAN
MANUFACTURING Great Again gets into full swing
the questions will arise ... can we do it BETTER than
China, India, Korea, Mexico? And I speak here
of EUROPEAN manufacturing as well, of course ... a
people whose manufacturing acumen has been eroded
of late as CHINA, ETC has taken over a large portion
of that enterprise ... and foreign workers and lax standards
may have eroded the 'get-er-done' know-how of days gone
by within the EURO/AMERICAN culture.
So, let's have a look at that question here ... do we still
have what it takes ... ?

Let's start with this short video look at the performance
of two exact examples of ball bearings ... one made
in China, one made in Germany ...

MADE IN CHINA VS. MADE IN GERMANY,
WHAT BEARING IS BUILT BETTER?

When it comes to just about everything that you can get your hands on, there is most likely a Chinese substitute that is made to imitate the original product while knocking some dollars of the price tag to keep some others hard earned singles in your bank account.

In some cases, the Chinese knockoff brand might seem pretty appealing. We think that selection comes down to picking your battles and doing research on what others have experienced with the imitation before you go out and take a risk on buying it.

Check out the video below that shows you the stark difference
between the real product and the attempt at making a copy of it.

http://speedsociety.com/made-in-china-vs-made-in-germany-what-bearing-is-built-better/?source=amazing
St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline chris jones

Re: MADE IN CHINA
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 08:34:09 pm »
As a youngster there was  standard, made in the USA...If merchandise wasn't made here most folks wouldnt buy it.
 The quality and workmanship was a guarentee..The best.
I remember when japan named a city USA and used this to market, if Im' wrong please advise.
Bottom line, the best materials , dedicated engineers and crafstman goal was to make the itemsof the highest quality assureing the buyer he was not gettting screwed.
 Memory lane.
Times have changed, lets get this attitude back,,PRIDE in quality defines pride in country, not cutting corners for pennies on the dollar.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 09:35:48 pm »
... 48:00 Documentary: Can we compete?

√ Factory of the World - Made in China - 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7fPsw5ubI8

Published on Jan 4, 2016

Question: What do Lightening McQueen, a Nike sneaker and an iPad have in common? Answer: China. Chinese products seem to be everywhere: the majority of tags, labels and stickers display the legend “Made in China.” The Western consumer may ask, “why is everything made in China?” Some may think the ubiquity of Chinese products is due to the abundance of cheap Chinese labor that brings down the production costs, but there is much more to it. Here are five reasons China is "the world's factory.”

Lower Wages

China is home to approximately 1.35 billion people, which makes it the most populous country in the world. The law of supply and demand tells us that since the supply of workers is greater than the demand for low-wage workers, wages stay low. Moreover, the majority of Chinese were rural and lower-middle-class or poor and until the late 20th century when internal migration turned the country's rural-urban distribution upside-down. Immigrants to industrial cities are willing to work many shifts for low wages.

China doesn’t follow (not strictly at least) laws related to child labor or minimum wages, which are more widely observed in the West. However, this situation may change. According to the China Labour Bulletin, from 2009 to 2014 minimum wages have almost doubled in mainland China. Shanghai’s minimum hourly rate is now up to 17 yuan ($2.78) per hour or 1,820 yuan ($297.15) a month. In Shenzhen the rate is 1,808 yuan per month ($295.19) and 16.50 yuan ($2.69) per hour based on an exchange rate of 1 yuan = $0.16. The huge labor pool in China helps to produce in bulk, accommodate any seasonal industry requirement, and even cater to sudden rises in the demand schedule.

Business Ecosystem

Industrial production does not take place in isolation, but rather relies on networks of suppliers, component manufacturers, distributors, government agencies and customers who are all involved in the process of production through competition and cooperation. The business ecosystem in China has evolved quite a lot in the last thirty years. For example Shenzhen, a city bordering Hong Kong in the south-east, has evolved as a hub for the electronics industry. It has a cultivated an ecosystem to support the manufacturing supply chain, including component manufacturers, low cost workers, a technical workforce, assembly suppliers and customers.

For example, American companies like Apple Inc. (AAPL) take advantages of supply chain efficiencies in the Mainland to keep costs low and margins high. Foxconn (the main company which manufactures Apple products) has multiple suppliers and manufactures of components that are at nearby locations, and it would be economically unfeasible to take the components to U.S. to assemble the final product.

Lesser Compliance

Manufacturers in the West are expected to comply with certain basic guidelines with regards to child labor, involuntary labor, health and safety norms, wage and hour laws, and protection of the environment. Chinese factories are known for not following most of these laws and guidelines, even in a permissive regulatory environment. Chinese factories employ child labor, have long shift hours and the workers are not provided with compensation insurance. Some factories even have policies where the workers are paid once a year, a strategy to keep them from quitting before the year is out. Environmental protection laws are routinely ignored, thus Chinese factories cut down on waste management costs. According to a World Bank report in 2013, sixteen of the world’s top twenty most polluted cities are in China.

Taxes and Duties

The export tax rebate policy was initiated in 1985 by China as a way to boost the competitiveness of its exports by abolishing double taxation on exported goods. Exported goods are subject to zero percent value added tax (VAT), meaning they enjoy a VAT exemption or rebate policy. On the other hand, the U.S. doesn’t have a VAT and import taxes are only applicable to certain goods like tobacco and alcohol. Consumer products from China are exempted from any import taxes. Lower tax rates help to keep the cost of production low.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 09:43:20 pm »

... GIBSON musical instruments ... the world leaders
I would say ... at least, the GIBSON is my favorite
GUITAR to play!

Gibson USA Factory Tour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbU1R4KDymw

Offline chris jones

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 06:24:24 pm »
... GIBSON musical instruments ... the world leaders
I would say ... at least, the GIBSON is my favorite
GUITAR to play!

Gibson USA Factory Tour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbU1R4KDymw
       BUMPED     My mom had a Gibson, she could she could play and sing up a storm..She worked live radio in those days in the 30's, the Gibson kept on long  after. She left her craft after marrying during wwII but the Gibson kept on till her demise.

Offline Peerless

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 07:26:26 pm »
I don't need to read any 'facts' about Chinese bearings...they are shiit...ever since tool manufacturers went to them life has been misery for me. 

as far as Gibson...well...whatever...I saw a Les Paul in Guitar Center recently that had a noticeable glue filled gap at the neck to body joint...really? [email protected] work from my viewpoint.  yeah, considering it's a set neck design I'm sure things were stable, still...

Offline John_Back_From_The_Club_O

• From Hell to Veins
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 07:49:54 pm »
I don't need to read any 'facts' about Chinese bearings...they are shiit... 

China can build a quality product when they want to OR when they are contracted to. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDrfE9I8_hs&t=60s
The Crowd Shouted... “Give us Barabbas!” ... and People, The NWO Gave Him To You.
http://www.dominicanajournal.org/give-us-barabbas/

https://www.greatagain.gov

Offline chris jones

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 05:04:30 pm »
China can build a quality product when they want to OR when they are contracted to. 
I hear that one John,maby they export the sh**t and keep the class AAA stuff on home turf..?

Ex:China developing 500km/h trains to lead export of high-speed rail ...
www.cnbc.com/.../china-developing-500kmh-trains-to-lead-expo...

25  set 2016 -

Offline Peerless

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 06:21:32 pm »

whatever...skipping all the diatribe, I've got a DeWalt 12" sliding miter saw with chunks of bearing parts floating around in the internals...the majority of the current generation of Makita miter saws have blade wobble (most likely caused by a bad spindle bearing, made in China} and that just sucks...here Makita has a 12" sliding dual compound saw with a cross cut capacity of 16" and the damned blade wobbles most likely (trust me, this is pretty damned dangerous)...I'd love to own one, and even though I can get one I'm aware that Makita fights warranty claims on this issue...I guess I'll stick with my 16 year old version, eh?...hell, DeWalt is notorious for their crap bearings...what ever happened to tools meant to last?  Guess I'll go for a Festool Kapex saw next and perhaps a SawStop for a table saw (actually I'd rather support Bosch and their Reaxx saw)

point being, they are NOT supplying good bearings, and that is a fact...whether they can is arguable...AFAIC Chinese manufacturers are a bunch of thieving 7 fathered sons of whores (yeah, that IS a Chinese insult and was taught to me by my uncle Igor from Hong Kong) who are only concerned about lining their own pockets...admittedly this is exacerbated by tool suppliers fighting for customers, many of which are weekend warriors out to save a buck (e.g. not real tradesman, and will never use the product as such and will never notice it's deficiencies). 

Offline marlowe

• Dimensions: 100 x 75 pixels
    • High Castle Webbot Forum
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 06:28:56 pm »
Is Trump Calling Out Xi Jinping?

by Patrick J. Buchanan

Like a bolt of lightning, that call of congratulations from Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen to President-elect Donald Trump illuminated the Asian landscape.

We can see clearly now the profit and loss statement from more than three decades of accommodating and appeasing China, since Richard Nixon and Henry Kissinger made their historic journey in 1972.

What are the gains and losses?
Soon after Nixon announced the trip in July 1971, our World War II ally, the Republic of China on Taiwan, was expelled from the UN, its permanent seat on the Security Council given to the People’s Republic of China’s Chairman Mao, a rival of Stalin’s in mass murder.

In 1979, Jimmy Carter recognized the regime in Beijing, cut ties to Taipei and terminated the Sino-American Mutual Defense Treaty of 1954. All over the world countries followed our lead, shut down Taiwan’s embassies, and expelled her diplomats. Our former allies have since been treated as global pariahs.

“Beijing has manipulated her currency, demanded transfers of U.S. technology, and stolen much of what of U.S. did not hand over.”

During the 1990s and into the new century, Republicans, acting on behalf of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and ......................

Please share this article by using the link below. When you cut and paste an article, Taki's Magazine misses out on traffic, and our writers don't get paid for their work. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. http://takimag.com/article/is_trump_calling_out_xi_jinping_patrick_buchanan/print#ixzz4S6jJBVzj

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 07:09:22 pm »
whatever...skipping all the diatribe, I've got a DeWalt 12" sliding miter saw with chunks of bearing parts floating around in the internals...the majority of the current generation of Makita miter saws have blade wobble (most likely caused by a bad spindle bearing, made in China} and that just sucks...here Makita has a 12" sliding dual compound saw with a cross cut capacity of 16" and the damned blade wobbles most likely (trust me, this is pretty damned dangerous)...I'd love to own one, and even though I can get one I'm aware that Makita fights warranty claims on this issue...I guess I'll stick with my 16 year old version, eh?...hell, DeWalt is notorious for their crap bearings...what ever happened to tools meant to last?  Guess I'll go for a Festool Kapex saw next and perhaps a SawStop for a table saw (actually I'd rather support Bosch and their Reaxx saw)

point being, they are NOT supplying good bearings, and that is a fact...whether they can is arguable...AFAIC Chinese manufacturers are a bunch of thieving 7 fathered sons of whores (yeah, that IS a Chinese insult and was taught to me by my uncle Igor from Hong Kong) who are only concerned about lining their own pockets...admittedly this is exacerbated by tool suppliers fighting for customers, many of which are weekend warriors out to save a buck (e.g. not real tradesman, and will never use the product as such and will never notice it's deficiencies).

I've heard old-timer plumbers claim that, long ago,  threaded parts did not require pipe dope or PTFE tape to seal properly. Now, it's expected to be used on all fittings. Outsourcing produced looser tolerances and rougher finishes.

Of course, I could track it all back to some boardroom decision that it would be more profitable to intentionally design something to fail than it would be to build something to last. I don't see durability or craftsmanship used much as an selling point anymore. Focus is more on novel blinginess. And warranties don't really mean squat when the company either finds some fine print excuse that it's void or the company gets bought and sold by parent companies that nobody ever heard of.

If Trump does bring jobs back here, it won't necessarily mean better quality of goods. That will depend on executive decisions methinks.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 08:05:55 pm »

... I'm a Birmingham, Alabama boy ... the "Pittsburg of the South"
they used to say, when Steel was King. Those steelworkers were in
a league of their own as were all the machinists down there back
in the day (there still are quite a few ace machine shops, but the
steel manufacturing is all but kaput) ... talk about BUILT TO LAST!
Damn, how I want a '49 Merc fresh off the assembly line!

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 10:24:50 pm »
^^^^^^^
Some machinists there got some serious gunsmithing skillz. Excellent quality. Very professional.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 08:16:40 am »

... hhmmm.

Apple Supplier Foxconn Plans Expansion in U.S.
Size and scope of any investment hasn’t been determined
EVA DOU. Dec. 7, 2016

BEIJING— Foxconn Technology Group, which manufactures Apple Inc.’s iPhone and other products, said it is in talks to expand in the U.S. The statement comes amid President-elect Donald Trump’s push for a return of manufacturing to the U.S.

Foxconn said the size and scope of its potential U.S. investment hasn’t been determined.

“We can confirm that we are in preliminary discussions regarding a potential investment that would represent an expansion of our current U.S. operations,” the Taiwanese electronics manufacturer formally known as Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. said Wednesday.

... it likely isn’t feasible to move iPhone production back in a large way. The U.S. has far higher labor costs and lacks the integrated supply chain that has developed in China.

√ READ AT WSJ: http://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-supplier-foxconn-plans-expansion-in-u-s-1481095884

Offline chris jones

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 08:25:37 am »

In the late 70"s makita was producing quaility, many who had used the Milwake's shelfed them and went  Makita,lighter and powerfull.. yuh, the quality is not the same today.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 06:38:48 pm »
...  :)

US Steel wants to accelerate
investments, bring back jobs, CEO says

Michelle Fox

U.S. Steel CEO: All we've been looking for is fairness    

United States Steel would like to accelerate its investments and hire back laid-off employees now that Donald Trump will be occupying the Oval Office, CEO Mario Longhi told CNBC on Wednesday.

"We already structured to do some things, but when you see in the near future improvement to the tax laws, improvements to regulation, those two things by themselves may be a significant driver to what we're going to do," he said in an interview with CNBC's "Power Lunch."

In addition, the belief that the U.S. economy can grow at least 3.5 percent also adds to what the company can do, Longhi noted.

"I'd be more than happy to bring back the employees we've been forced to lay off during that depressive period," he said, which could be close to 10,000 jobs.

"When you get into some situations where we're being asked to control some substances in water that are far lower than what nature naturally offers, that's irrational," he said.

√ w/VIDEO: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/07/us-steel-wants-to-accelerate-investments-bring-back-jobs-ceo-says.html   

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2016, 09:41:00 pm »

Beijing fires trade warning after Trump appoints China hawk
Navarro appointment shocks officials as Alibaba returns to US fake goods blacklist

China has warned Donald Trump that “co-operation is the only correct choice” after the US president-elect tapped a China hawk to run a new White House trade policy office.

The appointment of Peter Navarro, a campaign adviser, to a formal White House post shocked Chinese officials and scholars who had hoped that Mr Trump would tone down his anti-Beijing rhetoric after assuming office.

Mr Navarro, a Harvard-trained economist and University of California Irvine professor, is the author of Death by China and other books that paint the country as America’s most dangerous adversary.

“Chinese officials had hoped that, as a businessman, Trump would be open to negotiating deals,” said Zhu Ning, a finance professor at Tsinghua University in Beijing. “But they have been surprised by his decision to appoint such a hawk to a key post.”

...Mr Wang told the People’s Daily: "We will lead the way amid a shake-up in global governance and take hold of the situation amid international chaos. We will protect our interests amid intense and complex games."

... Beijing could retaliate against US exports and restrict market access for US companies.

https://www.ft.com/content/5bcbdd6e-c863-11e6-8f29-9445cac8966f

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 12:56:33 pm »
 ... ?

Foxconn CEO says investment for
display plant in U.S. would exceed $7 billion

Reuters   -   J.R. Wu

TAIPEI (Reuters) - Foxconn, the world's largest contract electronics maker, is considering setting up a display-making plant in the United States in an investment that would exceed $7 billion, company chairman and chief executive Terry Gou said on Sunday.

The plans come after U.S. President Donald Trump pledged to put "America First" in his inauguration speech on Friday, prompting Gou to warn about the rise of protectionism and a trend for politics to underpin economic development.

Foxconn's proposal to build a display plant, which would be planned with its Sharp Corp <6753.T> unit, depend on many factors, such as investment conditions, that would have to be negotiated at the U.S. state and federal levels, Gou told reporters on the sidelines of a company event.

Gou said: "There is such a plan, but it is not a promise. It is a wish."

Foxconn is one of the biggest employers in China, where it operates factories that churn out most of Apple Inc's <AAPL.O> iPhones

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/foxconn-ceo-says-investment-display-plant-u-exceed-120029682--finance.html

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2017, 07:04:08 am »

... is Trump monkey-wrenching the
UnHolywood/China alliance?

Wanda Faces Hurdles in Closing
Dick Clark Prods. Deal (EXCLUSIVE)

By Gene Maddaus, Cynthia Littleton - JANUARY 27, 2017

The Dalian Wanda Group announced its eye-popping $1 billion deal to buy Dick Clark Prods. back on Nov. 4. But the transaction is taking longer than expected to close, stirring chatter in the media finance community as political conditions on both sides of the Pacific appear to pose hurdles for Chinese investment in Hollywood.

One person said that work on the deal also came to a standstill a few weeks ago, amid concerns that the nationalistic focus of the new Trump administration might mean greater scrutiny to big investments in the U.S. by Wanda, Alibaba and the new breed of Sino mega conglomerates. The Dick Clark Prods. transaction was only the most recent mega-acquisition for Wanda, which also bought Legendary Entertainment for $3.5 billion last year and AMC Theaters for $2.6 billion in 2012. Wanda’s buying spree has caught the attention of members of both parties in Congress, who worry that they could mark a strategic extension of Chinese “soft power.”

" ... getting the deal to the finish line is proving more complicated
in the current political climate than both sides expected."

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/wanda-dick-clark-productions-china-investment-closing-deal-1201971069/

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2017, 07:56:41 am »
"Peace–and jobs–in our time is a real possibility."

Chinese Companies Are Investing In
American Manufacturing Plants!

JOHN CARNEY - 21 Mar 2017

The global trade winds are blowing in America’s direction again.

Chinese companies are investing in manufacturing plants and expanding operations in the U.S, the Wall Street Journal reports. “Job-creating investment from China is booming,” WSJ columnist Andrew Browne notes.

Several factors are driving the trend. One is a closing wage gap, particularly for skilled workers. Another: industrial land in the U.S. can be cheaper than in the coastal cities of China from which manufacturers can easily ship their product. Lower U.S. energy costs are also playing a role, Browne writes.

The biggest factor, according to Browne, is advanced manufacturing technology–which could curb some of the job-creating power of China’s investments in the U.S. Browne calls Trump’s promise to bring about a manufacturing jobs renaissance “pure fantasy.”

Don’t be so sure. Taken alone, the factors that Browne notices might not be enough to massively revive jobs making and building things in America....

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/21/chinese-companies-are-investing-american-manufacturing-plants/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Online EvadingGrid

• Truthers are not Trumpers
    • Trump Bot Free Zone
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2017, 08:36:57 am »
De Ja Vu

When I see the themes expressed on China, it gives me De Ja Vu because I heard it all before decades ago over the Rise of Japan.

Japan of course is now completely off the front pages after its economy got taken to the proverbial cleaners and has never, ever, fully recovered. Its not collapsed as such, but Japan used to be every night on the TV news.

Dare I suggest that this another example of re-running scripts from the 1980s with slight name changes . . . same old, same old.

“Hey, I’m a nationalist and a globalist”
-- Donald Trump

Article : "A Limited Hangout Operation ?"

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2017, 07:44:36 am »
"Chinese companies have been on an acquisition spree in
the U.S. for many years, but the trend has slowed recently
in the face of mounting political opposition and national
security concerns."

Expansion Plan Threatened by Trump Agenda
Selina Wang and Matthew Monks - March 31, 2017

U.S. Representatives call for probe of Ant Financial’s bid
Purchase may pose significant national security risk: letter

Chinese billionaire Jack Ma’s latest U.S. expansion plan is facing rising political obstacles.

On Friday, two members of the House of Representatives urged the Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S. to conduct a "full and thorough" investigation of Ant Financial’s proposed acquisition of MoneyGram International Inc., a money-transfer service.

"The proposal merits careful evaluation as it would provide Chinese access to the U.S. financial infrastructure, a move that would pose significant national security risks if completed," Congressman Kevin Yoder and Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson wrote in a letter to Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.

√ CONTINUE: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-31/ma-s-moneygram-deal-threatened-as-lawmakers-cite-china-concerns

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2018, 04:07:30 pm »
"They're exploiting the very open
research-and-development environment
that we have, which we all revere ..."

The director of the FBI says the whole of Chinese
society is a threat to the US — and that
Americans must step up to defend themselves

Michal Kranz  -  Feb. 13, 2018, 4:00 PM

FBI Director Christopher Wray issued a dire warning about China's growing influence during a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing on Tuesday.
He said there were a variety of ways China was implementing a plan to replace the US as the foremost global power, including by infiltrating academia.
Recent reports have suggested that while China's Confucius Institutes are ostensibly language-learning centers, they often serve as vehicles for Chinese propaganda at universities around the world, including the US.
Intelligence experts have also cited Chinese cybersecurity threats as a major concern in 2018.

Speaking before the Senate Intelligence Committee alongside the heads of other US intelligence agencies, Wray said that to undermine the US's military, economic, cultural, and informational power across the globe, China was using methods relying on more than just its state institutions.

"One of the things we're trying to do is view the China threat as not just a whole-of-government threat, but a whole-of-society threat on their end," Wray said. "And I think it's going to take a whole-of-society response by us."

"Frankly, the United States is under attack by entities that are using cyber to penetrate virtually every major action that takes place" within the US, Coats said.

√ CONTINUE: http://www.businessinsider.com/china-threat-to-america-fbi-director-warns-2018-2

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2018, 04:18:05 pm »
The Chinese that survived ( the cultural revolution) and feel entitled to the world..  ( just heard an npr bs propaganda ,,,

https://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2018/02/12/584481047/the-birthplace-of-gross-national-happiness-is-growing-a-bit-cynical

)

they survived the monster and have steeled themselves ...

http://www.chinafile.com/links/china-holding-least-120000-uighurs-re-education-camps
China ‘Holding at Least 120,000 Uighurs in Re-Education Camps’
   January 25, 2018

At least 120,000 members of China’s Muslim Uighur minority have been confined to political “re-education camps” redolent of the Mao era that are springing up across the country’s western borderlands, a report has claimed.
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2018, 11:12:13 pm »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sec-chicagostockexchange/sec-denies-chicago-stock-exchange-sale-to-china-based-investors-idUSKCN1G000H
SEC denies Chicago Stock Exchange sale to China-based investors
February 15, 2018

(Reuters) - U.S. regulators on Thursday killed the politically sensitive sale of the Chicago Stock Exchange (CHX) to a group led by China-based investors, saying a lack of information on the would-be buyers threatened the ability to properly monitor the exchange after the deal.
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 09:35:04 pm »
... DJT KILLS CHI-COM BROADCOM QUALCOM DEAL.

Seeing a Threat to National Security, Trump
Blocks Broadcom from Acquiring Qualcomm

JOHN CARNEY - 12 Mar 2018

President Donald Trump Monday ordered Broadcom to cease its attempt to purchase Qualcomm, saying the deal was a threat to national to national security.

“The proposed takeover of Qualcomm is prohibited, and any substantially equivalent merger, acquisition, or takeover, whether effected directly or indirectly, is also prohibited,” the president said in an order issued Monday.

The order is the latest signal that the president is willing to take
dramatic actions to put his agenda of economic nationalism into effect.

“President Trump is 100 percent correct to stop the attempt by Singapore-owned Broadcom to take over the Qualcomm Corporation. The transfer of Qualcomm’s technology innovations includes its strides toward 5G to a foreign company posed a real danger to national security,” American for Limited Government President Rick Manning said in a statement.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/12/trump-blocks-chip-takeover-national-security-concerns/

Offline jofortruth

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2018, 08:16:18 am »
Death by China

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=320918.0

Did you know the globalist bankers, JP Morgan, building is owned by China. Do you see who’s in bed together?
http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/18/news/china-jpmorgan-real-estate/

Did you know the Empire State building was lit up in Chinese colors years ago?
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/10/01/empire-state-building-goes-red-for-communist-china-sparking-protest.html

Did you know China is buying real estate in Canada making housing prices explode and the Princess PM Justin Trudeau does nothing?
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-06/rbc-chief-warns-foreigners-using-canadian-homes-as-piggy-banks

Why no Chinagate investigation?
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline jofortruth

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2018, 09:36:52 am »
SECRET EMPIRES: Joe Biden and John Kerry’s Sons Struck Billion-Dollar Deal with the Chinese Government 10 Days After Biden Trip to China
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/15/secret-empire-joe-biden-john-kerry-billion-dollar-deal-chinese-government/

These guys dont understand what “service before self” means. They took advantage of their positions. Despicable little boys! All who go to Washington to benefit their own pockets are not leaders, but punks and losers who have no shame. You all should be fired!

Nice to see a real man in the Oval Office who thinks service to the people is more important than benefitting from his position. Thank you President Trump!

Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2018, 02:18:28 pm »
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/14/business/dealbook/broadcom-qualcomm-trump.html
Broadcom Drops Bid for Qualcomm After Trump’s Intervention
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED and CHAD BRAY
MARCH 14, 2018

Broadcom officially withdrew a $117 billion takeover bid for its rival chip maker Qualcomm on Wednesday, two days after President Trump issued an extraordinary order to block the acquisition effort on national security grounds.

In a statement, Broadcom said that it would comply with Mr. Trump’s order, formally abandoning what would have been the biggest takeover in the history of the technology industry. Broadcom has nevertheless said it will continue with plans to move its legal headquarters from Singapore to the United States.

“Broadcom’s board of directors and management team sincerely appreciate the significant support we received from the Qualcomm and Broadcom stockholders throughout this process,” Broadcom said.

Mr. Trump issued his order after a government panel tasked with reviewing the national security implications for business deals disclosed serious concerns about the bid. The panel’s finding was in keeping with the misgivings within the White House about China’s gaining access to important technologies like the nascent wireless standard known as 5G.

... prospective deals have included the sale of Moneygram to a unit of the Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba, and an agreement involving Lattice Semiconductor and an investment firm with reported ties to the Chinese government.

Offline fradus

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2018, 06:11:53 am »
"Chinese companies have been on an acquisition spree in the U.S. for many years, but the trend has slowed recently in the face of mounting political opposition and national security concerns."

That’s because they’ve ramped up in Australia.
And just on Chinese steel... Nyrstar have just spent $600 million on a new ISL furnace and ancillary plant in South Australia and guess what? The steel quality is abysmal (not to mention the asbestos cladding)...all from China.
Vote 1 Julian Assange

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2018, 04:39:45 pm »
fyi : Mao Red Guard Communists in America:

Mussolini - Stronger Together

reference: Red armband symbolism:

http://www.ehow.co.uk/facts_7431774_red-armband-significance.html
Socialist and Communist Usage

Various communist, socialist and other leftist political groups frequently use the colour red as a motif and wear red armbands to symbolise their affiliation and show solidarity at rallies and meetings. The red armband as a communist device was especially brought into the public consciousness by People's Republic of China dictator Mao Zedong and his "Red Guard," a highly motivated and well-indoctrinated paramilitary organisation devoted to Chinese communism.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/author-alleges-china-used-business-deals-to-influence-families-of-mitch-mcconnell-joe-biden-1521141489

Author Alleges China Used Business Deals to Influence Families of Mitch McConnell, Joe Biden
Peter Schweizer, whose earlier book spurred an FBI probe of the Clinton Foundation, writes that Beijing uses investment opportunities to gain leverage
By Aruna Viswanatha
Updated March 15, 2018 6:35 p.m. ET

The author of a book that fueled an FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation now is taking aim at two new targets—the families of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and former Vice President Joe Biden.

In a new book, “Secret Empires: How the American Political Class Hides Corruption and Enriches Family and Friends,” conservative author Peter Schweizer argues that China has worked to gain leverage over powerful American politicians by targeting their families with investment opportunities and business deals, providing hundreds of millions of dollars in business to companies run by the families of Messrs. Biden and McConnell.

Aides to both men strongly disputed the accuracy of Mr. Schweizer’s findings, calling them “wild accusations” without “credible sourcing” and “politically motivated hit pieces.”

Lawmakers and government officials are required to disclose information about their financial dealings but not those of their extended families, and Mr. Schweizer argues China has tried to exploit that provision.

Mr. Schweizer also points to what he claims is evidence of close ties between the Chinese government and Rosemont Seneca Partners, a now-closed investment firm that was owned by Mr. Biden’s son, Hunter, and the stepson of former Secretary of State John Kerry, Christopher Heinz. Mr. Schweizer outlines investments that he says came as Messrs. Biden and Kerry were managing America’s relationship with Beijing.

In December 2013, Mr. Schweizer writes, Bank of China set up a collaboration with Rosemont Seneca with $1 billion in funds backed by the Chinese government, giving a Western firm access for the first time to a cross-border investment fund formed in the Shanghai Free-Trade Zone.

In his new book, Mr. Schweizer cites what he calls evidence from public sources including news reports and company records that Foremost Group does significant business with a Chinese state-owned defense conglomerate, China State Shipbuilding Corp. Foremost ships are constructed by Chinese government shipyards, with some construction financed by the Chinese government; employ Chinese crews, and carry goods for Chinese state-owned companies as well as other clients, Mr. Schweizer writes.

Mr. Schweizer also points to the appointment of Ms. Chao’s sister, Angela Chao, to the board of state-owned Bank of China, 10 days after the 2016 election. Angela Chao, who is chairman and chief executive of Foremost Group, according to her personal website, couldn’t be reached for comment. Efforts to reach CSSC and Bank of China were unsuccessful.

Elaine Chao and Mr. McConnell reported in a financial disclosure a 2008 gift from her father, James, the founder of Foremost, valued at between $5 million and $25 million. Mr. Schweizer, citing a news report, wrote that the gift more than doubled Mr. McConnell’s personal wealth.

| - - - -

https://nypost.com/2018/03/17/how-mcconnell-and-chao-used-political-power-to-make-their-family-rich/
How McConnell and Chao used political power to make their family rich
By Larry Getlen
March 17, 2018

In 2004, current Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and his wife, current US Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, had an average net worth of $3.1 million. Ten years later, that number had increased to somewhere between $9.2 million and $36.5 million.

One source of the windfall, according to a new book from Peter Schweizer, was a 2008 gift from Chao’s father, James Chao, for somewhere between $5 million and $25 million. But this gift could be seen as more than just a gift. It may have been acquired, according to Schweizer, thanks to the couple’s fealty to China, the source of the Chao family fortune. And that fealty may have occurred at the expense of the nation they had pledged to serve.

| - - -

https://nypost.com/2018/03/15/inside-the-shady-private-equity-firm-run-by-kerry-and-bidens-kids/
Inside the shady private equity firm run by Kerry and Biden’s kids
By Peter Schweizer
March 15, 2018
What Hunter Biden, the son of America’s vice president, and Christopher Heinz, the stepson of the chairman of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations (later to be secretary of state), were creating was an international private equity firm. It was anchored by the Heinz family alternative investment fund, Rosemont Capital. The new firm would be populated by political loyalists and positioned to strike profitable deals overseas with foreign governments and officials with whom the US government was negotiating.
Over the next seven years, as both Joe Biden and John Kerry negotiated sensitive and high-stakes deals with foreign governments, Rosemont entities secured a series of exclusive deals often with those same foreign governments.

Some of the deals they secured may remain hidden. These Rosemont entities are, after all, within a private equity firm and as such are not required to report or disclose their financial dealings publicly.

Some of their transactions are nevertheless traceable by investigating world capital markets. A troubling pattern emerges from this research, showing how profitable deals were struck with foreign governments on the heels of crucial diplomatic missions carried out by their powerful fathers. Often those foreign entities gained favorable policy actions from the United States government just as the sons were securing favorable financial deals from those same entities.

Nowhere is that more true than in their commercial dealings with Chinese government-backed enterprises.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2018, 06:36:37 am »

"Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., who has sounded the alarm about the
spy threat posed by Chinese tech companies ..."

FCC wants Chinese tech out of US phones, routers

Joel Gehrke - March 26, 2018

U.S. officials are discouraging U.S. telephone and internet companies from purchasing Chinese technology that could be used for surveillance, Federal Communications Commissioner Ajit Pai announced Monday.

“Threats to national security posed by certain communications equipment
 providers are a matter of bipartisan concern,” Pai said.

Hidden ‘back doors’ to our networks in routers, switches — and virtually any other type of telecommunications equipment — can provide an avenue for hostile governments to inject viruses, launch denial-of-service attacks, steal data, and more.”

Pai plans for the FCC to vote next month on a rule that would bar U.S. companies from using a federal subsidy program to purchase equipment from companies entangled with foreign intelligence agencies. The proposed rule is being considered in light of congressional concern that AT&T and Verizon might purchase phones or other hardware from Huawei, a company that the U.S. intelligence community believes is in cooperation with Chinese spies.

√ MORE~>https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/fcc-wants-chinese-tech-out-of-us-phones-routers

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2018, 11:58:33 am »
too little too late ?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/26/technology/fcc-huawei-security-rule.html
F.C.C. Joins Push to Limit China’s Telecom Reach
By STEVE LOHR
MARCH 26, 2018

The Federal Communications Commission is joining the Trump administration, Congress and other government agencies that have targeted Huawei, China’s giant telecommunications equipment maker, as a national security risk.

Ajit Pai, chairman of the commission, on Monday proposed a rule to tighten restrictions on companies building internet infrastructure in the United States. Part of the rule’s impact may be to further crimp Huawei’s meager sales in America by potentially affecting some deals with small and rural carriers, analysts said.

The proposed F.C.C. rule would prohibit carriers from using money from the Universal Service Fund to buy gear from companies deemed to pose national security risks. The $8.5 billion fund subsidizes phone, wireless and broadband service to poor and remote communities. Its money comes from small monthly fees on consumers’ phone bills.
In its military spending authorization, Congress has prohibited the Pentagon from buying network equipment from either Huawei or ZTE, another Chinese equipment maker.
The Russian software company Kaspersky Lab is also on the banned list, after accusations that its antivirus software was a back door for surveillance by Russia’s intelligence agencies. Kaspersky has denied those accusations.

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2018, 12:54:18 pm »
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-31/china-plans-pay-oil-imports-yuan-instead-dollars
In Unprecedented Move, China Plans To Pay For Oil Imports With Yuan Instead Of Dollars
by Tyler Durden
Sat, 03/31/2018 - 12:40

Just days after Beijing officially launched  Yuan-denominated crude oil futures (with a bang, as shown in the chart below, surpassing Brent trading volume) which are expected to quickly become the third global price benchmark along Brent and WTI, China took the next major step in the challenging the Dollar's supremacy as global reserve currency (and internationalizing the Yuan) when on Thursday Reuters reported that China took the first steps to paying for crude oil imports in its own currency instead of the US Dollars.

A pilot program for yuan payment could be launched as soon as the second half of the year and regulators have already asked some financial institutions to "prepare for pricing crude imports in the yuan", Reuters sourcesreveal.

According to the proposed plan, Beijing would start with purchases from Russia and Angola, two nations which, like China, are keen to break the dollar’s global dominance. They are also two of the top suppliers of crude oil to China, along with Saudi Arabia.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2018, 12:12:51 pm »
... deep pocket globalist big rollers
rattled by the US move to fix the
CHINA problem:

China announces new tariffs on 106 US
products, including soy, cars and chemicals

* The effective start date for the new charges is not announced, though China's Ministry of Commerce says the tariffs are designed to target up to $50 billion of U.S. products annually.
* The 25 percent levy on U.S. imports includes products such as soybeans, cars and whiskey.
* The move comes less than 24 hours after President Trump unveiled a list of Chinese imports that his administration aims to target as part of a crackdown on what he deems as unfair trade practices.
        Sam Meredith   | @smeredith19

... When asked whether global markets were now officially observing an all-out trade war, Goldman Sachs' chief global equity strategist, Peter Oppenheimer, told CNBC: "I think it is clearly a trade battle at the very least."

"I think the anxiety the market is reflecting is that it could escalate into a generalized (trade) war," he added.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/04/china-new-us-tariffs-including-soy-cars-and-chemicals.html

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2018, 12:22:26 pm »

“I think that at the end of this whole process,
the end of the rainbow, there’s a pot of gold ..."

Larry Kudlow:
On Trade, Donald Trump ‘Putting His
Cards on the Table’ with China

CHARLIE SPIERING - 4 Apr 2018

White House Economic advisor Larry Kudlow reacted to the stock market jitters following China’s decision to levy tariffs on American products in response to President Donald Trump’s tough actions on China.
“Trump is putting his cards on the table,” he said on Fox Business on Wednesday. “He’s standing up for this country, but he’s also standing up for a better world trade.”

Kudlow denied that there was a trade war with China, pointing to the ongoing difficulties with China over intercessional property theft, trade violations, and technology transfers.

“Blame China, not President Trump, because they’ve been going on for many years, Trump is really the first president to fight back and to put a shot across the bow,” he said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/04/larry-kudlow-donald-trump-putting-cards-table-china/

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2018, 12:03:37 pm »
what is interesting is ... does the USA have a National Security concern over domestic production of Stell and Aluminum ? Geez OF COURSE WE DO .. the home of Carnegie Bethlehem Kaiser Alcoa ... we invented mass steel production .... So this maybe the beginning of the unraveling and end for the corrupt globalist WTO ..

Notice all the globalist media pounce on the subject :

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danikenson/2018/03/01/trumps-national-security-protectionism-will-open-pandoras-box/#5a9e69e44580
Mar 1, 2018 @ 08:10 AM 1,845
The Little Black Book of Billionaire Secrets
Trump's National Security Protectionism Will Open Pandora's Box
Dan Ikenson , Contributor

In reports published last month, the U.S. Department of Commerce concluded that steel and aluminum imports “threaten to impair the national security” of the United States and recommended a range of remedies to the president. Those reports were the culmination of two investigations conducted under Section 232 of the Trade Expansion Act of 1962, a seldom used statute that authorizes the president to respond to perceived national security threats with trade restrictions.

Should President Trump deviate from the norm and impose restrictions on imported steel or aluminum under Section 232, the presumption is that—if challenged by another member as a WTO violation—the United States would invoke its privileges under Article XXI.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-02/national-security-is-a-good-reason-for-protection-but-not-of-steel-and-aluminum
National Security Is a Good Reason for Protection. But Not of Steel and Aluminum
If countries begin ignoring the WTO by slapping high tariffs and quotas on each other, global trade could shudder to a halt.
By Peter Coy
March 2, 2018,

The biggest problem is the precedent the tariffs set. The U.S. is invoking national security to bust out of the delicate web of trade agreements that it’s spent decades carefully spinning. The World Trade Organization is far from perfect, but if countries begin to ignore it and start slapping high tariffs and quotas on one another, global trade growth could shudder to a halt. That would harm everyone.

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2018, 10:38:07 am »
considering Apple has icloud crypto "Moved to China" :

https://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-to-start-putting-sensitive-encryption-keys-in-china-1519497574
Apple to Start Putting Sensitive Encryption Keys in China
Codes for Chinese users of iCloud will be kept in a secure location, company says

By Robert McMillan and Tripp Mickle
Feb. 24, 2018 1:39 p.m. ET
262 COMMENTS

When Apple Inc. AAPL +3.57% next week begins shifting the iCloud accounts of its China-based customers to a local partner’s servers, it also will take an unprecedented step for the company that alarms some privacy specialists: storing the encryption keys for those accounts in China.
While Apple says it will ensure that the keys are protected in China, some privacy experts and former Apple security employees worry that moving the keys to China makes them more vulnerable to seizure by a government with a record of censorship and political suppression.

Apple says it is moving the keys to China as part of its effort to comply with a Chinese law on data storage enacted last year.
Apple’s move reflects the tough choice that has faced all foreign companies that want to continue offering cloud services in China since the new law. Other companies also have complied, including Microsoft Corp. for its Azure and Office 365 services, which are operated by 21Vianet Group , Inc., and Amazon.com Inc., which has cloud operating agreements with Beijing Sinnet Technology Co. and Ningxia Western Cloud Data Technology Co.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-04/warren-buffett-bought-75m-apple-shares-during-q1
Buffett Bought 75M Apple Shares During Q1; Total Stake Now Worth $42.5B
by Tyler Durden
Fri, 05/04/2018 - 08:19

Warren Buffett took a break from explaining his views on bitcoin to pop star Katy Perry to reveal during an interview this week that Berkshire Hathaway bought another 75 million Apple shares during the first quarter - bringing Berkshire's total stake to 240.3 million shares worth roughly $42.54 billion.

That's nearly twice as much stock as Apple itself bought back during the first quarter as it marshaled a flood of repatriated profits unleashed by the Republican tax reform law to carry out the largest corporate buyback in US corporate history.

Buffett disclosed his latest purchases Thursday evening after Apple smashed expectations with its first quarter earnings report - allaying fears that iPhone X prices was "too damn high" and was therefore weighing on sales. Meanwhile, a "spectacular" miss by a crucial Apple supplier stoked alarm among investors that the most valuable US company might similarly disappoint.

"It is an unbelievable company," Buffett told CNBC.

"If you look at Apple, I think it earns almost twice as much as the second most profitable company in the United States."

After its latest purchase, Berkshire is now Apple's third-largest shareholder (despite what the chart above says). Apple shares tumbled during the first quarter - most notably during the FAANG selloff in February - providing ample opportunity for Buffett to snap up shares at a discount.