Author Topic: CSPAN - House GOP walks out of congress because FISA is dumped!!!!!!!!  (Read 10195 times)

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
check it out/highlights on MSNBC
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline ekt8750

• Made In China
Re: CSPAN - House GOP walks out of congress because FISA is dumped!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 12:50:41 pm »
I dunno why they are really getting bent out of shape about it. They'll just go back to wiretapping on the dl.
The mind is like a parachute. It works best when it's open. - Anthony J. DeAngelo

Offline rphope

• Moriches Daily
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 12:50:52 pm »
PHOTO-OP ALERT.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 12:52:43 pm »
john boehner is going to cry again.

oh the tears of corruption are filled with flouridated water
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline ekt8750

• Made In China
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 12:55:01 pm »
john boehner is going to cry again.

oh the tears of corruption are filled with flouridated water

John Boehner is such a criminal it's not even funny.
The mind is like a parachute. It works best when it's open. - Anthony J. DeAngelo

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 12:55:09 pm »
watch all the criminals

boehner

and now botox blunt!

and the same line

"Force a vote or your children will DIE!!!!!!!!!!!"

Bush may not go to visit Africa

oh

boo hoo

I want tyranny so that Bush can go to Africa

have these guys lost their fricking minds?

Offline rphope

• Moriches Daily
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 12:57:13 pm »
I'm about to do something Craaaazy

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 12:57:15 pm »
And now the criminal Pete Hoekstra 

I have never seen such a group of crybabies

well let us see how this plays out

28 more hours of drama, then tomorrow night a quiet vote so that Bush can go to Africa

yippeeee

Offline Loungin

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 12:57:42 pm »
have these guys lost their fricking minds?

Do chemtrails exist?
Is Flouride a neurotoxin?

Without a doubt!!

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 12:58:52 pm »
Bush to Cheney...

"I wanna false flag 'em, c'mon let's false flag 'em now!!!!!!!!!"

Cheney: "no grasshopper, we need to Dr. Strangelove them!  Call me on my cell, I am going to check on the new sofa in my apartment in Dubai"

Offline rphope

• Moriches Daily
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 01:00:02 pm »

Offline IridiumKEPfactor

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 01:01:57 pm »
You know if they "black ops false flag squad" pull something the NEOCONS will say, It happend because the DEMOCRATS did'nt pass FISA!!

They might do something small like setting off the nerve gas detectors at the capitol or something.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/09/AR2006020902142.html

By Mary Beth Sheridan
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, February 10, 2006; Page A08

The evacuation at the Russell Senate Office Building on Wednesday night marked the biggest nerve-agent scare yet at the Capitol complex, with officials initially fearing that a deadly chemical substance might have been released in the building, authorities said yesterday.

Offline rphope

• Moriches Daily
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 01:05:03 pm »
President: uh, hey Boehner, get outta there. Take all the Republicans with you. We are gonna teach em a lesson. "I am going to smoke em out" those freedom loving bastards..

Boehner: oh ok yes sir. Whatever you want. Can I go with you and Uncle Cheney to Africa?

jimwill

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 01:05:23 pm »
Could be coincidence, but I find it strange that this came up just after Ron Paul called for a march on DC!

Maybe just paranoia.

Offline Please Wake Up!

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 01:12:46 pm »

By Mary Beth Sheridan
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, February 10, 2006; Page A08

The evacuation at the Russell Senate Office Building on Wednesday night marked the biggest nerve-agent scare yet at the Capitol complex, with officials initially fearing that a deadly chemical substance might have been released in the building, authorities said yesterday.

Hmmmm.... I've seen this movie before.  Can anyone say anthrax scare?

Meanwhile the sheep are grazing.  A friend of mine just told me that she thinks that we should cancel the upcoming November elections due to the war. 

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 01:22:03 pm »
President: uh, hey Boehner, get outta there. Take all the Republicans with you. We are gonna teach em a lesson. "I am going to smoke em out" those freedom loving bastards..

Boehner: oh ok yes sir. Whatever you want. Can I go with you and Uncle Cheney to Africa?

hahaha

it is just nuts.

It is worse than watching five year olds who cannot play in the sandbox.

I love how they all walk out as if they are in some high school click or something.

just nuts.

that FISA bill is pure tyranny.

Hitler, Stalin, and Mao could never dream of such things.

Offline sid

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 01:35:52 pm »
Hope the door didn't hit 'em on the way out.

Offline hellcatjr

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 01:55:18 pm »
Hope the door didn't hit 'em on the way out.

Why?

I'd of hoped that it wouldn't of just decapitated em while swinging back... but instead I was praying for it to slam so hard into their asses that it'd great a time rift that would have destroyed their progeny so we wouldn't of had to deal with this shit.
'A Man can only become great, when he understands his place in time' - JPM Jr.

dystopia

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 02:08:26 pm »

Hmmmm.... I've seen this movie before.  Can anyone say anthrax scare?

Meanwhile the sheep are grazing.  A friend of mine just told me that she thinks that we should cancel the upcoming November elections due to the war. 

Why would we cancel our democracy to give democracy to the Iraqis? There is no brain left anywhere.

Offline sid

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2008, 02:17:02 pm »
Why would we cancel our democracy to give democracy to the Iraqis? There is no brain left anywhere.
If you've read the Iraqi constitution you'd realize we haven't it's not a democracy we've given them.  It's an Islamic government organized along Marxist lines.

Offline ghardy

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 02:28:11 pm »
i hope he can hold his breath for at least 8 months.

Offline Loungin

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 02:30:06 pm »
Looks like Bush is demonstrating how to resist waterboarding.   "See, it's not tha tough".

Offline rphope

• Moriches Daily
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 02:43:39 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/urgent_queue/index.html#aa36c9b,2008-02-14

The house leadership has decided to recess this afternoon as they head into a week-long break WITHOUT acting on the terrorist surveillance issue. They will simply let the current law expire, which was already on its second renewal.

Fox has been told that unless the leadership relents, this is likely to generate some heated comments this afternoon on the house floor before recess about the irresponsibility of not acting.

Angle

--------------------------------------
Look at the attitude from the Fox reporter in her report above.

Offline Overcast

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 02:55:56 pm »
"House GOP walks out of congress because FISA is dumped!!!!!!!!"

My advice to them - for the good of the country.
Keep f**kin' walking - all the way home - don't stop, just go home - and stay there.

That should be our 'motto' for these incumbents - "Keep Walking"
And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

Offline Norrin

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2008, 03:09:37 pm »
I was praying for it to slam so hard into their asses that it'd great a time rift that would have destroyed their progeny so we wouldn't of had to deal with this shit.

They really SHOULD be castrated so that their genes can't be passed on to future generations.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2008, 03:11:01 pm »
FISA faceoff: Republicans walk out
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/politics/blog/2008/02/fisa_faceoff_republicans_walk.html
by James Oliphant

It’s political gamesmanship of the highest order.

House Republicans have just staged a walkout from the chamber to protest the decision of Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic leadership to let an act that expands the government’s surveillance powers expire.

Republican leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) is giving a press conference on the Capitol steps right now, saying that the decision of the House to debate a contempt resolution involving former White House officials instead of taking up the Protect America Act jeopardizes national security. He said the House Republicans would stay in Washington as long as necessary to finish the bill.

Pelosi and the Democratic leadership believe there isn’t enough time to reconcile the differences between the Senate and House versions of the act, which would make adjustments to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act permanent, giving the government more power to monitor phone calls and emails without a court order in certain circumstances. The Democrats want a second extension of the current act to work out the differences.

The Senate bill, which passed with 68 votes earlier this week, provides telecom companies that cooperated with the administration’s now-defunct warrantless wiretapping program with immunity against civil lawsuits. The House bill provides no such protection. And there are other key differences as well.

Earlier today, President Bush said he would delay his trip to Africa in order to finish work on the bill. The Protect America Act expires Saturday. In remarks at the White House, Bush said:

Earlier this week the Senate did act, and passed a strong bill, and did so with a bipartisan majority The Senate bill will ensure that we can effectively monitor those seeking to harm our people. The Senate bill will provide fair and just liability protection for companies that assisted in the efforts to protect America after the attacks of September the 11th. Without this protection, without this liability shield, we may not be able to secure the private sector's cooperation with our intelligence efforts. And that, of course, would put the American people at risk.

Now it's the House's turn to act. It is clear that the Senate bill would pass the House with bipartisan support. Republicans and Democrats in the Senate can put partisanship aside, and pass a good bill. There's no reason why the House cannot do the same, and pass the Senate bill immediately.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2008, 03:11:41 pm »
Fox's Goler falsely claimed FISA will expire February 15
http://mediamatters.org/items/200802140005?f=h_latest

Summary: On Special Report, Wendell Goler falsely asserted that "the president is trying ... to get the House to pass a permanent extension of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act [FISA]" and that "[t]he president threw down the gauntlet, said he's not going to accept any more extensions, that this act must be permanently renewed before it expires in two days." In fact, FISA is not set to expire February 15; the Protect America Act's revisions to FISA are set to expire.

In a February 13 report on the congressional debate over the reauthorizing of the Protect America Act (PAA), Fox News White House correspondent Wendell Goler falsely asserted that "the president is trying ... to get the House to pass a permanent extension of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act" and that "[t]he president threw down the gauntlet, said he's not going to accept any more extensions, that this act must be permanently renewed before it expires in two days." In fact, as Media Matters for America has repeatedly documented, the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 (FISA) is not set to expire February 15. What is set to expire are the PAA's revisions to FISA, which, among other things, expanded the government's authority to eavesdrop on Americans' domestic-to-foreign communications without a warrant.

Following Goler's report, guest host Bret Baier stated, "Again, the big question mark, what happens if it doesn't get through?" The question was left unanswered on Special Report. However, the PAA's "transition procedures" point out what happens if the revisions are allowed to expire on February 15: All new authorizations for surveillance would be governed by the FISA statute as it existed prior to the PAA revisions, while all current authorizations would remain in effect until their scheduled expiration date.

Media Matters has documented numerous instances of media falsely reporting that the government's ability to eavesdrop on the communications of suspected terrorists would expire if the PAA were not extended.

From the February 13 edition of Fox News' Special Report with Brit Hume:

BAIER: We'll bring in Wendell Goler here at the White House. Wendell, sum up, if you will, what the president is trying to get the House to do, and what is the major issue in this legislation?

GOLER: Well, the president is trying, Bret, to get the House to pass a permanent extension of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. The problem is that lawmakers -- in the House, at least -- have concerns about wiretaps conducted after 9-11; whether the administration knowingly broke the law; and whether telephone companies that allowed the government to intercept phone conversations, presumably from foreign countries into the United States or from foreign countries to other foreign countries that were routed through the United States, whether those telephone companies should be immune from lawsuits. About 40 lawsuits are filed right now.

The president wants the current extension of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act to give the telephone companies immunity from prosecution. A number of Democrats in the House, Bret, are reluctant to do that.

They proposed today a three-week extension of the current act, which has itself been extended. The president threw down the gauntlet, said he's not going to accept any more extensions, that this act must be permanently renewed before it expires in two days. The House attempted to pass the extension; it was voted down. Now they have two days to pass the Senate bill. Bret.

BAIER: All right. Wendell Goler at the White House. Again, the big question mark, what happens if it doesn't get through? We'll be watching. Wendell, thanks.