Author Topic: BUSH THREATENS: Make me Dictator or you will suffer a bigger 9/11 attack  (Read 22430 times)

Offline Capt. Obvious

[Original Title: Bush: "terrorists are planning new attacks that will make 9/11 look pale"]

This is getting old.

Bush Presses House on Surveillance Bill

WASHINGTON -- President Bush pressured the House on Wednesday to pass new rules for monitoring terrorists' communications, saying "terrorists are planning new attacks on our country ... that will make Sept. 11 pale by comparison."

Bush said he would not agree to giving the House more time to debate a measure the Senate passed Tuesday governing the government's ability to work with telecommunications companies to eavesdrop on phone calls and e-mails between suspected terrorists. The bill gives phone companies retroactive protection from lawsuits filed on the basis of cooperation they gave the government without court permission — something Bush insisted was included in the bill.

"We need the cooperation of telecommunications companies," Bush said. "If these companies are subjected to lawsuits costing billions of dollars, they won't participate, they won't help us."

http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/Bush_Presses_House_on_Sur/2008/02/13/72355.html

whatever

Offline thrashbassist

Re: Bush: "terrorists are planning new attacks that will make 9/11 look pale"
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 05:29:02 pm »
So basically he's saying that if they don't get their way there's gonna be another false-flag terror attack.

Fantastic.

*puts on helmet*
Non Serviam

Offline Info_Trafficker

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 05:39:48 pm »
Thats as much a threat as it is a warning.  :P

Bring on the nuke strike... ::)
"Condemnation without investigation is the highest form of ignorance."-Albert Einstein.

Offline dtk

• "less than 3 percent of you people read books"
    • prison planet
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 05:48:32 pm »
thanks Capt. Obvious!! (directed to the poster)

Offline UpsetBrit

• I'M SPARTACUS!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 07:37:19 pm »
He's said 'mushroom cloud' 'pale in comparison' 'decapitating attack'... sounds to me like he's the terrorist. We aint heard crap from his friend Osama in ages.

"Give me your liberties or you'll get attacked by the boogey man!"
One mind at a time...

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 07:39:38 pm »
He is giving the House of Rep an excuse to fraudulently force the immunity FISA bill in by tomorrow.

If not his BS fake law expires.
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 07:40:16 pm »
olbermann is exposing a lot of the BS with Jonathon Turley
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline IridiumKEPfactor

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 08:13:13 pm »
Don't you feel as if we're shop owners and the mob boss comes in from time to time and to extort more money?

You knowses, you might ses have to give uses more moneyses if you wanna stay safeses. You dont'a wanna get hurtses buy some freakn thug arounda hereses.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Re: BUSH STATE OF EMERGENCY: Support Telecom Bill Or Terrorists Will Kill You!
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 08:19:28 pm »
Bush opposes temporary extension of spy program
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/international/2008/02/14/142792/Bush-opposes.htm
Thursday, February 14, 2008 Reuters

WASHINGTON -- U.S. President George W. Bush on Wednesday said he would oppose another temporary extension of a law empowering U.S. spy agencies to track communications of terrorism suspects without a court order and pressed Congress for a long-term fix.

The Senate on Tuesday approved legislation that would enshrine into law the surveillance powers and grant retroactive immunity to telephone companies that took part in the Bush administration's warrantless wiretapping program.

"It's time for Congress to ensure the flow of vital intelligence is not disrupted," Bush told reporters in the Oval Office on Wednesday. "It is time for Congress to pass a law that provides a long-term foundation to protect our country and they must do so immediately."

However, Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives, who have opposed immunity for the phone companies, could vote on another proposed extension, this one for 21 days, on Wednesday, a top congressional aide said on Tuesday.

"The time for debate is over," Bush said. "I will not accept any temporary extension."

He warned that enemies of the United States were already plotting new attacks that would dwarf the Sept. 11 attacks, however Democrats in Congress have insisted on better protections for Americans' civil liberties.

In the Senate measure, lawmakers did bolster the protection of privacy rights of law-abiding Americans swept up in the hunt for suspected terrorists.

The White House and Democratic-led Congress have been wrangling for months over whether to make permanent a program that allowed surveillance of communications between people in the United States and others overseas if one had suspected terrorist ties.

Another key concern has been some 40 civil lawsuits filed accusing AT&T Inc., Verizon Communications Inc. and Sprint Nextel Corp. of violating Americans' privacy rights in helping the warrantless domestic spying program that started shortly after the Sept. 11 attacks.

"If these companies are subjected to lawsuits that could cost them billions of dollars, they won't participate, they won't help us, they won't help protect America," Bush said.

Offline pac522

• Peace sells, but who's buying?
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 08:30:27 pm »

"If these companies are subjected to lawsuits that could cost them billions of dollars, they won't participate, they won't help us, they won't help protect America," Bush said.

Sure they will. You get probable cause, you get a warrant, you get your info.
This country did not achieve greatness with the mindset of "safety first" but rather "live free or die".

Truth is the currency of love. R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution!

We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.  ~EvadingGrid

The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Offline Norrin

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 08:42:07 pm »
Thats as much a threat as it is a warning.  :P

Bring on the nuke strike... ::)

I'm sure I'll survive it.  I have a DESK that I can hide under!!  Just try to avoid the flying glass, people.  You'll be okay.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 10:56:00 pm »
John Warner offers worst telecom amnesty argument ever.
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/2/13/161019/181
by Kagro X  Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 02:53:17 PM PST

On the Senate floor, earlier today during the Intel Authorization debate:

"What we always have to remind our colleagues and the American public is that these companies have volunteered. They're not in this for a profit motive. There's some compensation for expenses. They're not unlike the men and women in the Armed Forces, all of whom today are in uniform because they raised their right arm and volunteered. And we cannot ask these companies to subject themselves to the uncertainty and the threats associated with legal processes, and it just... we're going to lose a very important component here of what I call the American Spirit: volunteerism. Whether it's in the corporate world, or whether it's in the Armed Forces, or in any other number of activities, we're a nation known as people who step forward and volunteer. And this is a clear example of how these companies cannot continue under the situation that persists today, because the directors of those companies -- their corporate boards -- have an obligation to their stockholders, and it's a stretch to say to the stockholders that a part of the volunteerism that we're doing to serve the cost of freedom here in the United States should be subjected to a lot of court suits. So I appreciate you bringing this up. It's an important thing. We've got to remind our colleagues about the -- well, I'm proud of what this chamber did. They voted it through very clearly."

This is very nearly the most incoherent babble I've ever heard on the Senate floor. We can't subject these companies to uncertainties and threats because they volunteered?

Why not?

What do the wingnuts say every time we express concern about them throwing our men and women in uniform into the Iraq meat grinder?

"They volunteered."

So there you have it, folks. If you're just some poor sap who volunteered for the Armed Forces, it's your lot in life to be tossed to the wind, to face whatever uncertainties and threats the president wants to subject you to.

But hey, if you're a corporation, well, that's different! A truly valuable citizen like you can't waste your beautiful mind on something like that! Why, just think of what the bereaved families stockholders would say about that! My goodness!

Senator Warner, you're going out a real chump. Way to piss on the uniformed services and reduce your legacy to little more than some curmudgeonly babbling.

What a damned disgrace.

Offline Nailer

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 10:24:33 am »
Did anyone catch that phrase? Raise their right Arm?  Its raise your right hand Idiot, Raise your right arm is the Nazi salute.

"What we always have to remind our colleagues and the American public is that these companies have volunteered. They're not in this for a profit motive. There's some compensation for expenses. They're not unlike the men and women in the Armed Forces, all of whom today are in uniform because they raised their right arm and volunteered.
I am a realist that is slightly conservative yet I have some republican demeanor that can turn democrat when I feel the urge to flip independant.

The truth shall set you free, if not a 45ACP round will do the trick.. HEHE

Offline hellcatjr

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 10:48:05 am »
I'm sure I'll survive it.  I have a DESK that I can hide under!!  Just try to avoid the flying glass, people.  You'll be okay.

Kinda like when a volcano erupts, you duck and cover... right? I think that saved me once along the ring of fire, but who the hell knows anymore, up is down ; right is left.
'A Man can only become great, when he understands his place in time' - JPM Jr.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 12:02:43 pm »
BUSH IS LIVE AGAIN SAYING WE WILL ALL DIE IF IMMUNITY IS NOT GIVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
"You need to pass the bill immediately."

"There is no excuse."

"Failure to act could open dangerous gaps.  Will make the private sector harder to work with and THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!"

"The lives of countless Americans depend on monitoring communications, congress needs to pass the bill so that any Al Qaeda plans are monitored properly."

WHAT THE F**K??

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
"We will not be able to assess gaps in our terrorist security network." [paraphrase]

"You need to understand there is a threat to America." [should be word for word]

"I know that the telecom tools are necessary to protect us.  We need to know what people a planning, what they are saying and what they are THINKING." [word for word]

I swear he fricking said that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will repeat it...

"We need to know what people a planning, what they are saying and what they are THINKING."

Remember the Senate Bill according to Rockefeller is for FULL SURVEILLANCE OF ALL COMMUNICATION EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!

He said it, "WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE THINKING."

the "THEY" is 300 Million American Citizens and everyone they talk to!!!!!!!!

Anyone who thought that Bush is stupid or misguided, you are sheep.

He is very deliberate and is installing full thought surveillance everywhere.

Offline pac522

• Peace sells, but who's buying?
"You need to pass the bill immediately."

"There is no excuse."

"Failure to act could open dangerous gaps.  Will make the private sector harder to work with and THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!"

"The lives of countless Americans depend on monitoring communications, congress needs to pass the bill so that any Al Qaeda plans are monitored properly."

WHAT THE F**K??

This is so they will be able to destroy their own paper trail, along with watching us.

And about the men and women of the United States armed forces, they raise their right arm hand and swear an oath to the Constitution, the same constitution the Bush administration and the TelCom company's want to circumvent.
This country did not achieve greatness with the mindset of "safety first" but rather "live free or die".

Truth is the currency of love. R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution!

We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.  ~EvadingGrid

The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Offline rphope

• Moriches Daily
This President and his administration is most dangerous when they don't get their way. We need to stand as citizens and call our Members of the House, no matter Dem or Republican, and tell them WE DO NOT SUPPORT THE PRESIDENT"S DEATH THREATS, NO TO TELECOM IMMUNITY.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Sen. Rockefeller Lets Slip the Spying Truth:
Drift Nets To Be Legalized

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/02/sen-rockefeller.html
By Ryan Singel February 05, 2008 | 3:27:32 PMCategories: NSA   

In a Senate floor speech, Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-West Virginia) inadvertently made plain that the proposed changes to the nation's spying laws radically expand how the government wiretaps inside the United States. Rockefeller was decrying an amendment that would require the government to discard non-emergency evidence if a court later finds that the spying methods violate the law.

Rockefeller makes clear that the impending changes to the law aren't about making it easier for the National Security Agency to listen in on a particular terrorism suspect's phone calls. Instead, the changes are about letting the nation's spooks secretly and unilaterally install filters inside America's phone and internet infrastructure.

Rockefeller, the chief Democratic architect of the changes, explains:

Unlike traditional [Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act] application orders which involve collection on one individual target, the new FISA provisions create a system of collection. The courts role in this system of collection is not to consider probable cause on individual targets but to ensure that procedures used to collect intelligence are adequate. The courts' determination of the adequacy of procedures therefore impacts all electronic communications gathered under the new mechanisms, even if it involves thousands of targets.

In short, the changes legalize Room 641A, the secret spying room inside AT&T's San Francisco internet switching center that was outed by former AT&T employee Mark Klein. That room sits at the center of a lawsuit against AT&T for its alleged illegal participation in the government's secret, warrantless spying program.

Senators Bond Rockefeller Feingold-FISA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAka9Gx2E5c

Under the new rules, secret spying court judges will no longer be evaluating whether the government has probable cause to eavesdrop on a spy or a terrorist who is inside the United States or to wiretap a particular foreigner via wiretaps inside the United States.  Instead the judges will simply evaluate descriptions of how NSA filters in the infrastructure are designed to not catch purely domestic traffic.  [Full legalized "thought grid" of all American Citizens in remote data mining supercomputers]

They can also approve or disapprove of how the spooks 'disguise' or reveal the identities of Americans who are one of the parties in any communication that involves a foreigners.

Rockefeller outlined the differences between the old legal architecture and the new one to argue against a amendment from Sen. Russ Feingold. That amendment would require the government to throw out non-emergency communications that were caught by filters if judges later found the filter to be illegal (and which the spooks didn't fix in 30 days).

Feingold argues that without such a penalty the NSA won't care at all what the courts say since there's no penalty for intercepting purely domestic phone calls in the current bill.

This marks a radical legal shift in how the nation's spooks interact with the nation's communication infrastructure. And by infrastructure, I mean telephone switches for your landline, the server farms that serve up your Google search results, and the computers that handle and store emails for your Yahoo account.

The nation's current batch of politicians -- save for a handful like Rep. Rush Holt (D-New Jersey) and Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wisconsin) -- see no problem in handing this unchecked power to the nation's spooks. They collectively have bought into the lies, FUD and politically-expedient exaggerations deployed by the administration in order to legalize the President's rogue warrantless spying on Americans.

Hell, even one of Dem's blog fathers -- Markos Moulitsas Zuniga of DailyKos -- called opening the nation's infrastructure to the NSA a "single uncontroversial technical correction."

For years, NSA watchers and former employees swore that NSA employees lived by the mantra 'Don't target Americans.'

But as former White House General Counsel Alberto Gonzales publicly admitted in December 2005, that rule secretly went out the window after 9/11 when the President ordered the NSA to point its surveillance equipment at Americans.

The NSA complied and so did the nation's phone companies, with the noted exception of Qwest, which later seems to have been punished for its belief in the nation's laws.

Now that same NSA is going to be granted by Congress virtually unchecked ability to order the nation's internet providers, phone companies and email providers to let the spooks build permanent filters inside their communication flows.

That NSA reports to a president who stands by his lawyers' arguments that nothing - not even the Constitution - limits his authority during the permanent war he unilaterally declared against 'terrorism.'

And for the record, Sen. Jay Rockefeller denies that intriguingly-timed AT&T and Verizon contributions to his re-election campaign bought his support for amnesty for spying telcos.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Yesterday:

“At this moment, somewhere in the world terrorists are planning attacks on our country.’’

“Their goal is to bring destruction to our shores that will make Sept. 11 pale by comparison."

“The lives of countless Americans depend on our ability to monitor these communications.’’

[My intelligence groups need to know] “who these terrorists are talking to, what they are saying and what they are planning.’’

Today:

"We need to know what people a planning, what they are saying and what they are thinking."

-----------------------------

He has gone totally bonkers and is begging Cheney to enact the 25th amendment!

Impeach Cheney First!

Offline rphope

• Moriches Daily
REPUBLICANS WALK OUT MID-SESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated

Offline clint

How would this stop a terrorist? They would choose ways to communicate other than email and land line phone calls.

I bet Gordon Brown just loves old dubya.
Ive had enough of reading things by neurotic,
psychotic, pigheaded politicians, all I want is the truth, just gimme some truth.

(John Lennon)

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
How would this stop a terrorist? They would choose ways to communicate other than email and land line phone calls.

I bet Gordon Brown just loves old dubya.

that is the point, it is for us.  we are the enemy, 99% of the 300 million Americans are the enemy!

Offline clint

that is the point, it is for us.  we are the enemy, 99% of the 300 million Americans are the enemy!

That's true indeed.
Ive had enough of reading things by neurotic,
psychotic, pigheaded politicians, all I want is the truth, just gimme some truth.

(John Lennon)

Offline Nailer

On CNN today I was expecting bush to get on the ground and throw a temper tantrum like a 3yr old.  He has lost it big time. Awww  Ole Georgy will have to cancel his trip to africa, BOO Frikkin HOO..

Guess What George, The tainted kool aid  punch has lost its effect.
I am a realist that is slightly conservative yet I have some republican demeanor that can turn democrat when I feel the urge to flip independant.

The truth shall set you free, if not a 45ACP round will do the trick.. HEHE

Offline rphope

• Moriches Daily
Bush is gonna drop a Spy Satellite on the Dem's heads. That'll Teach em.  :P

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Senator Barack Obama Statement on FISA
[wrong on carbon tax that he is pushing, but right about FISA]
http://www.allamericanpatriots.com/48742939_senator-barack-obama-statement-fisa
By newsdesk - Posted on February 14th, 2008

February 12, 2008 -- WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) today released the following statement on the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). Earlier today, Senator Obama voted in favor of the Dodd-Feingold amendment to repeal retroactive immunity for telecommunications companies (S. Amdt. 3907). He also supported other amendments to improve the bill, including the Feingold-Webb-Tester amendment to protect Americans from unwarranted surveillance (S. Amdt. 3979), and the Feingold amendment to protect Americans from the bulk collection of communications (S. Amdt. 3912).

"I am proud to stand with Senator Dodd, Senator Feingold and a grassroots movement of Americans who are refusing to let President Bush put protections for special interests ahead of our security and our liberty. There is no reason why telephone companies should be given blanket immunity to cover violations of the rights of the American people - we must reaffirm that no one in this country is above the law.

"We can give our intelligence and law enforcement community the powers they need to track down and take out terrorists without undermining our commitment to the rule of law, or our basic rights and liberties. That is why I am proud to cosponsor several amendments that protect our privacy while making sure we have the power to track down and take out terrorists.

"This Administration continues to use a politics of fear to advance a political agenda. It is time for this politics of fear to end. We are trying to protect the American people, not special interests like the telecommunications industry. We are trying to ensure that we don't sacrifice our liberty in pursuit of security, and it is past time for the Administration to join us in that effort."

Offline chris jones

Put a tap on Bushie, Cheney, McCain, Hillary, Bill Boy, Oama, Etc.
Great Idea GB.
Hav them line up for thier injections while were at it, give them a blood test and competance hearing, how about a lie detector test, or shit, lets just Blacwater mercs. waterboard them.
CJ

Offline ekt8750

• Made In China
Olbermann is blasting Bush on his petulance right now. He called Bush a "lying facist".
The mind is like a parachute. It works best when it's open. - Anthony J. DeAngelo

setmefree

Another key concern has been some 40 civil lawsuits filed accusing AT&T Inc., Verizon Communications Inc. and Sprint Nextel Corp. of violating Americans' privacy rights in helping the warrantless domestic spying program that started shortly after the Sept. 11 attacks.

I had no idea that they were doing this since the 9/11 attacks.  This is just another good reason to get rid of our cell phones.  I wonder what Sprint would say when I tell them we're cancelling because of this program?  Oh, wait.  We're under contract still.   :(

Didn't they have this wrote up BEFORE 9/11?

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
White House: Congress Caving To ‘The Fantasies Of Left-Wing Bloggers’
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/02/14/wh-bloggers-congress/

The White House has experienced difficulties moving its ill-conceived national security priorities through Congress. Yesterday, the Senate passed legislation banning waterboarding, defying a Bush veto threat. Also, House leaders have said they will not approve the Protect America Act with immunity for telecom companies.

After the Senate banned waterboarding yesterday, White House Press Secretary Dana Perino claimed the “left wing” was trying to overtake the intelligence community:

They’ll have to ask themselves, ‘Do you trust the intelligence community more than you trust Democrats who are beholden to their left-wing?‘ And that’s the debate that this country is going to have.

Perino also attacked Congress for holding a contempt of Congress vote on White House Chief of Staff Josh Bolten and former White House counsel Harriet Miers instead of expanding Bush’s surveillance powers:

The American people will find it baffling that on a day that House leaders are trying to put off passing critical legislation to keep us safer from the threat of foreign terrorists overseas, they are spending scarce time to become the first congress in history to bring contempt charges against a president’s chief of staff and lawyer. … The ‘people’s House’ should reflect the priorities of the American people, not the fantasies of left-wing bloggers.

The line is a familiar one. When the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington revealed that the White House had destroyed millions of e-mails, Perino shrugged them off as the accusations of a “left-wing” group — but she later backtracked.

Congress’s priorities are reflected by the will of the public. A recent CNN poll showed that 68 percent of Americans said waterboarding was torture, and 58% said the U.S. should not use the technique. A January ACLU poll found 57 percent of likely voters opposed telecom immunity, compared to just a third who supported it.

Offline Sub-X

• FEAR: False Evidence Appearing Real...
Sen. Rockefeller Lets Slip the Spying Truth:
Drift Nets To Be Legalized

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/02/sen-rockefeller.html
By Ryan Singel February 05, 2008 | 3:27:32 PMCategories: NSA   

In a Senate floor speech, Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-West Virginia) inadvertently made plain that the proposed changes to the nation's spying laws radically expand how the government wiretaps inside the United States. Rockefeller was decrying an amendment that would require the government to discard non-emergency evidence if a court later finds that the spying methods violate the law.

Rockefeller makes clear that the impending changes to the law aren't about making it easier for the National Security Agency to listen in on a particular terrorism suspect's phone calls. Instead, the changes are about letting the nation's spooks secretly and unilaterally install filters inside America's phone and internet infrastructure.

Rockefeller, the chief Democratic architect of the changes, explains:

Unlike traditional [Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act] application orders which involve collection on one individual target, the new FISA provisions create a system of collection. The courts role in this system of collection is not to consider probable cause on individual targets but to ensure that procedures used to collect intelligence are adequate. The courts' determination of the adequacy of procedures therefore impacts all electronic communications gathered under the new mechanisms, even if it involves thousands of targets.

In short, the changes legalize Room 641A, the secret spying room inside AT&T's San Francisco internet switching center that was outed by former AT&T employee Mark Klein. That room sits at the center of a lawsuit against AT&T for its alleged illegal participation in the government's secret, warrantless spying program.

Senators Bond Rockefeller Feingold-FISA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAka9Gx2E5c

Under the new rules, secret spying court judges will no longer be evaluating whether the government has probable cause to eavesdrop on a spy or a terrorist who is inside the United States or to wiretap a particular foreigner via wiretaps inside the United States.  Instead the judges will simply evaluate descriptions of how NSA filters in the infrastructure are designed to not catch purely domestic traffic.  [Full legalized "thought grid" of all American Citizens in remote data mining supercomputers]

They can also approve or disapprove of how the spooks 'disguise' or reveal the identities of Americans who are one of the parties in any communication that involves a foreigners.

Rockefeller outlined the differences between the old legal architecture and the new one to argue against a amendment from Sen. Russ Feingold. That amendment would require the government to throw out non-emergency communications that were caught by filters if judges later found the filter to be illegal (and which the spooks didn't fix in 30 days).

Feingold argues that without such a penalty the NSA won't care at all what the courts say since there's no penalty for intercepting purely domestic phone calls in the current bill.

This marks a radical legal shift in how the nation's spooks interact with the nation's communication infrastructure. And by infrastructure, I mean telephone switches for your landline, the server farms that serve up your Google search results, and the computers that handle and store emails for your Yahoo account.

The nation's current batch of politicians -- save for a handful like Rep. Rush Holt (D-New Jersey) and Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wisconsin) -- see no problem in handing this unchecked power to the nation's spooks. They collectively have bought into the lies, FUD and politically-expedient exaggerations deployed by the administration in order to legalize the President's rogue warrantless spying on Americans.

Hell, even one of Dem's blog fathers -- Markos Moulitsas Zuniga of DailyKos -- called opening the nation's infrastructure to the NSA a "single uncontroversial technical correction."

For years, NSA watchers and former employees swore that NSA employees lived by the mantra 'Don't target Americans.'

But as former White House General Counsel Alberto Gonzales publicly admitted in December 2005, that rule secretly went out the window after 9/11 when the President ordered the NSA to point its surveillance equipment at Americans.

The NSA complied and so did the nation's phone companies, with the noted exception of Qwest, which later seems to have been punished for its belief in the nation's laws.

Now that same NSA is going to be granted by Congress virtually unchecked ability to order the nation's internet providers, phone companies and email providers to let the spooks build permanent filters inside their communication flows.

That NSA reports to a president who stands by his lawyers' arguments that nothing - not even the Constitution - limits his authority during the permanent war he unilaterally declared against 'terrorism.'

And for the record, Sen. Jay Rockefeller denies that intriguingly-timed AT&T and Verizon contributions to his re-election campaign bought his support for amnesty for spying telcos.

This is just insanity pure and simple,but the below quote just says it all for me:
that rule secretly went out the window after 9/11 when the President ordered the NSA to point its surveillance equipment at Americans.

That one line says FALSE FLAG OP. DESIGNED TO SPY ON FREEDOM LOVING NON TERRORIST AMERICANS.
“If you strike at,imprison,or kill us,out of our prisons or graves we will still evoke a spirit that will thwart you,and perhaps,raise a force that will destroy you! We defy you! Do your worst!”-James Connolly 1909

DARK HALF-END GAME

Offline mtngirl1013

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2008, 09:30:52 pm »
Did anyone catch that phrase? Raise their right Arm?  Its raise your right hand Idiot, Raise your right arm is the Nazi salute.

"What we always have to remind our colleagues and the American public is that these companies have volunteered. They're not in this for a profit motive. There's some compensation for expenses. They're not unlike the men and women in the Armed Forces, all of whom today are in uniform because they raised their right arm and volunteered.

Freudian Slip?
Hunting the truth is an art. -H.G. Wells

Always question the received reality. -George Carlin

There is always more misery among the lower classes than there is humanity in the higher.   - Victor Hugo

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
CONDI RICE SOUNDING LIKE TAMMY FAYE ON NIGHTLINE!!!!

7 min - Feb 14, 2008 -  (3 ratings)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypn_-IMPoIY

Offline Paulfan

Olbermann is blasting Bush on his petulance right now. He called Bush a "lying facist".

No doubt!  I couldn't believe my eyes!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QEcBjpsP1bU
[img/]http://ia310828.us.archive.org/3/items/Shoe-tosserGuyGif7/iraqimage007.gif[img]

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated

No doubt!  I couldn't believe my eyes!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QEcBjpsP1bU

Yes Bush is a lying facist and I am glad people are saying it.

But that does not mean he would stop an investigation into the truth about 9/11!!!!!!!!!!

THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
NY GOP, Matthew Walter, and Joseph Mondello:

"MAKE GEORGE BUSH A DICTATOR OR YOU WILL DIE NOW!"

News from New York Republican State Committee

For more information contact: Matt Walter, 518-462-2601
House Democrats Must Stop Blocking Action on FISA
http://readme.readmedia.com/news/show/House-Democrats-Must-Stop-Blocking-Action-on-FISA/64133
Statement from Matthew Walter, Director of Communications

ALBANY, NY (02/15/2008; 1503)(readMedia)-- It is unconscionable that Democrats in the House of Representatives, including New York’s Kirstin Gillibrand, Brian Higgins, John Hall and Michael Arcuri, are blocking the passage of critical legislation to fight terrorism and keep America safe. This bill has already passed the Senate with overwhelming bipartisan support and deserves passage.

As New Yorkers, we have experienced firsthand the damage that the unchecked destructive ambitions of international terrorists can inflict on American lives. We have not had another major terrorist attack on American soil since September 11th, because we have given our national security and law enforcement officers the tools they need to help keep us safe.

By pandering to the special interests on the extreme left fringe of our country, the Nancy Pelosi Democrats are hindering our ability to track terrorists’ plans and are placing our families at risk.

It is imperative that the Democrats return to act on this critical legislation today.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Re: BUSH THREATENS: Make me Dictator or you will suffer a bigger 9/11 attack
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2008, 03:13:52 pm »
Lapse of US wiretap law exposes political tug-of-war
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hfSLjGnE-s3m_Mc677_YtuLg_Cag
5 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AFP) — US President George W. Bush lashed out at Democratic lawmakers Friday in a political tug-of-war over a wiretap program that pits US attempts to prevent terror attacks against its duty to protect civil liberties.

Bush accused Democrats in the House of Representatives of blocking the Senate-passed legislation and of allowing the post-September 11, 2001 measure to expire as they go on vacation and thereby putting Americans at risk.

The program, set to end Saturday, authorizes intelligence agencies to conduct surveillance of US and foreign calls and electronic correspondence without first seeking a warrant and offers immunity to telecommunications companies that participate.

As part of the ongoing brinkmanship between Bush's Republicans and the Democratic-controlled Congress, the Senate passed a bill that makes the law permanent, but House Democrats refused to rubberstamp the measure.

"The Senate passed a good bipartisan bill to make sure our intelligence community has the tools to protect us from this real threat," Bush said after meeting with Vice President Dick Cheney, intelligence officials and Republican lawmakers.

"This bill came to the House of Representatives and it was blocked. By blocking this piece of legislation our country is more in danger of an attack," he said.

Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, concerned about possible infringement of US privacy laws and the bill's blanket immunity for companies that engage in the surveillance, accused Bush of fear-mongering and trying to bully lawmakers.

"The president knows full well that he has all the authority he needs to protect the American people," Pelosi said Thursday before Congress went on recess due to Monday's President's Day holiday.

"President Bush tells the American people that he has nothing to offer but fear, and I'm afraid that his fear-mongering of this bill is not constructive."

In a bid to raise the stakes, Bush threatened to postpone a trip to Africa in order to urge the passage of the legislation.

However, he made no mention of that threat Friday -- while a spokeswoman confirmed the week-long tour would go ahead as scheduled -- and instead criticized House lawmakers for going on vacation without passing the bill.

"When they come back from their 12-day recess, the House leaders must understand that the decision they made to block this legislation has made it harder for us to protect you the American people," Bush said.

The president urged the House to "get a good bill to my desk, which is the Senate bill, as soon as possible."

The two sides have clashed over the issue of immunity for telecom operators.

"Clearly the problem here is a majority of the Democrats in the House would rather see companies in court than they would terrorists in jail," Republican Senator Mitch McConnell told reporters after speaking with Bush.

Director of National Intelligence Mike McConnell has argued that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), which has been around for 30 years, needs modernization to keep up with advances in technology.

"For almost two years, we have worked with Congress to modernize FISA and ensure that the intelligence community can effectively collect the information needed to protect our country from attack -- a goal that requires the willing cooperation of the private sector," he wrote in the Washington Post.

"Without long-term legislation that includes liability protection, we will be delayed in gathering -- or may simply miss -- intelligence needed to protect the nation."

But Democratic Senator Edward Kennedy dismissed the notion that businesses require immunity in order to cooperate.

"This is sheer nonsense. Under FISA, companies already have absolute immunity for any lawful cooperation. Future companies will be deterred only from cooperating with illegal surveillance requests, which is the whole point of the law."

White House spokesman Scott Stanzel told reporters that the lapse of the law did not mean that surveillance efforts would stop, only that attempts to start new efforts might become more lengthy and cumbersome.

"Some of the efforts that are currently underway have an opportunity to continue; new efforts would have to go through the old process," Stanzel said.