Author Topic: NO DOWNER POSTS PLEASE... Theres enough of them  (Read 124700 times)

Offline decemberfellow

Re: NO DOWNER POSTS PLEASE... Theres enough of them
« Reply #520 on: November 12, 2017, 09:26:59 am »
there were a lot of vets enjoying a free meal yesterday,  hats off to our local olive garden, was a nice time.  Is cold and frosty this morning,  got the ol woodstove cookin.  Our son is cooking a turkey today with the works I'll be eating good later this evening.   Had a deer steak  with eggs for breakfast  aw man food is good. Return to work tomorrow,  upholstery shop is having a great  year ( ty Pres Trump?).  anywho have a great day, may all you enjoy a  big blessing from God.  Stay alert and be ready  for His return.......... Talk to yas  later friends   
Rev21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Who am I
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Fk6dt_uHo

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #521 on: November 12, 2017, 10:00:36 am »
^^^

... thanks for the post ... sounds like you're really enjoying
the 'climate change' in your neighborhood, LOL! It's still early-like
Fall here ... 40s at nite, 60-70s daytime, beautiful leaves along
the Rio Grande and in the mountains. Cleaned off the backyard
garden, which serves as a firewood yard in winter ... expect to get
a cord next week. Got the chicken coop winterized ... things clipped,
raked, put away ... dreaming of a white Christmas!
St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #522 on: November 16, 2017, 07:03:34 am »
Still preparing, still stocking up.  Son in law and I split the cost of a hole cow,  190 lbs of beef each at 3 bucks a pound.  Bout filled 2 of my 3 freezers,  now waiting for the pig me and son purchased,  January the butcher said.  and grandson just last couple weeks gave me 1/4 of a deer.  Let it snow, we'll be eating good that's for sure.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Who am I

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #523 on: December 10, 2017, 09:16:13 am »
   Its a biting cold in south central Pa this morning,  having my usual morning coffee (s).  House been all decorated for Christmas,  fire crackling in the woodstove,  dogs barking at the menonite buggies going down the alley,  peaceful feelings.
   It was a good year business wise, Thank you God,  seems there was more spending cash with trump at the helm.

Who am I

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #524 on: February 11, 2018, 10:49:37 am »
Not much change in the area  last couple months,    snow is laying on the ground,  I hate winter, but do hope we get dumped with a lot more, cause I always believed that a hard winter brings about a great summer. My upholstery shop has been busy, and that is good  Dec, and Jan by history usually slow months, so that is different. Still got a good supply of wood on hand for the stove  and cupboards are full.   Thank God for are blessings each day.   

Who am I

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #525 on: April 22, 2018, 08:43:29 am »
^^^^^ well we got blasted with the snow, for sure.  When will winter end? lol, went to examine the grounds  and  wow  got a little work to do with the chain saw,  snow bought down a couple huge limbs( start of next years wood pile), weeding needs done  roof on shed is lifted, but today is WARM.  oh its great to be able to get er dun.    Have a good day everyone.  God is great.

Who am I

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #526 on: April 24, 2018, 11:49:50 pm »
We burn year-round for hot water. Current delivery of logs are generally green and heavy. Been having to noodle them to make the weight more manageable. As I read on another forum, it's not worth blowing a disk to lift that stuff. So, I've been rolling 3 ft sections over uneven ice pack to the work area. Some ice doesn't melt that quickly when there's an inch or two of sawdust on top, even in direct sunlight. Huge relief to significantly lower the wood consumption with the warmer temperatures. Less of a slave to the stove.

Met a few other guys like myself over the winter who are tearing up tendons and ligaments in the elbow area because of improper technique and...er....age. Finally figured out that repetitively supporting a lot of weight using fingertips is a bad idea. Same goes for lifting with the wrist and not the arm. Epsom salts really do work. Another tool in my anti-inflammatory arsenal.

Hearing what might be grouse noises in the distance out there. They should be mating soon if not already. Come to think of it, a lot of species should be birthing/nesting/denning soon. Saw a couple of foxes over the winter. Stunningly gorgeous animals.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.