Author Topic: Dodd Exposed the unconstitutionality of FISA-Call your Senators to support him!  (Read 20818 times)

Offline InsideJob

Re: Dodd Filibustering on CSPAN2 - TOTAL MSM BLACKOUT OF HISTORIC EVENT!!!!
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2008, 09:30:40 pm »
leave a message for Chris Dodd and tell him you support his many hours fighting for the rights of Americans.

http://action.chrisdodd.com/signUp.jsp?key=1639

This was not a filibuster. They would have had to pull the cott's in if it were and he would have gone until the vote was up in the morning. Actually beyond that, not allowing it to move through. Fact is he only took it so far. He had no support, no media coverage.

What a shame.

He called it "extended debate." What he did was stop them from voting today. Once it was clear they'd all gone home, he yielded. It gives it one more day. E-mail your senators.

Offline rphope

• Moriches Daily
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2008, 09:32:55 pm »
Sane would it be possible to sticky a message asking people to email and call thier Senators? Lets find the exact bill #...

Offline trixi1

• He is watching. Smile because Jesus is Lord.
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2008, 09:39:44 pm »
http://holdfastblog.com/2008/02/11/dodd-and-fisa-filibuster/

Summary about today's filibuster on retroactive immunity.
John 3:16 teaches us: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 says:  "I am the way the truth and the life; NO MAN cometh unto the Father BUT BY ME."

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
how is the new title?
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline rphope

• Moriches Daily
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2008, 09:45:27 pm »
Here is the list to call the Senators

http://chrisdodd.com/filibuster/call

Tell them to support the amendment to strike Title II of the FISA Amendments Act—the title which would provide telecom corporations retroactive immunity for their warrantless and possibly illegal spying on their customers.

It is really hard to find accurate information on this bill. I shouldn't be suprised.

JTCoyoté

I got all but the first 15 minutes of the 2.5 hours of Dodd's RIGHTEOUS Rant on tape.... Holy Moses!

JTCoyoté

"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools
that don't have brains enough to be honest."

~ Ben Franklin

Offline rphope

• Moriches Daily
http://dodd.senate.gov/index.php?q=node/4263

Mr. President: I rise to discuss my amendment to strike Title II of the FISA Amendments Act—the title which would provide telecom corporations retroactive immunity for their warrantless and possibly illegal spying on their customers.

Much more than a few companies and a few lawsuits are at stake, Mr. President. Equal justice is at stake—justice that does not place some corporations outside the rule of law.

Openness is at stake—an open debate on security and liberty, and an end to warrantless wiretapping of Americans.

Retroactive immunity stands against those principles. Under retroactive immunity, the law will forbid some of our fellow citizens from having their day in court.

On what basis are we asked to pass retroactive immunity? On trust. There are classified documents, we’re told, that prove the case beyond a shadow of a doubt. But we’re not allowed to see them! I’ve served in this body for 27 years, and I’m not allowed to see them! Neither are a majority of my colleagues.

There is only one way to settle the issues at stake today. Not on trust—but in our courts. We are not judges. Wherever we stand on this immunity, Mr. President, none of us here are judges.

Real judges and juries—whose courts ought to be our pride, not our embarrassment—deserve to do their jobs. We must allow them to do their jobs.

And that’s all I ask today. Mr. President, let’s have the courts decide. We aren’t here to assign guilt and innocence; we are here to hold open the courthouse door, to ensure a fair hearing to the American citizens seeking redress. And I, for one, will accept whatever verdict results.

This is not a Democratic or Republican issue:  this is a rule of law issue.  It is about striking the right balance between liberty and security.  I absolutely reject the false dichotomy that we have to choose one or the other.

If a Democratic President was seeking to grant retroactive immunity, I would object just as stridently as I am today.  This should not be a partisan issue.  We should all be in favor of allowing the courts to perform their constitutional responsibility to determine whether or not these companies should be held accountable. 

Mr. President, I believe when surveillance is fully under the rule of law, Americans will only be more secure. To claim otherwise is an insult to our intelligence, our common sense, and our proud tradition of law.

I don't know how many of my colleagues have ever seen the wonderful movie “A Man For All Seasons,” the story of St. Thomas More.

There is a wonderful scene in that movie in which More is asked whether he'd be willing to cut down every law in England to get his hands on the devil.

And More replies, absolutely not. “When the last law was down, and the Devil turned ‘round on you, where you hide, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast—Man’s laws, not God’s! And if you cut them down…do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then?”

Those laws know no secrecy, they know no distinctions for power or wealth. They live, that is, in openness.

And when that openness has been defended, when the facts are in the light, where they belong, I welcome all of my colleagues’ ideas in the great and ongoing debate on security and liberty in this new century, a debate in the open, and open to us all.

It can begin if we adopt this amendment. I urge my colleagues to do so.

Offline InsideJob

I got all but the first 15 minutes of the 2.5 hour Dodd's RIGHTEOUS Rant on tape.... Holy Moses!

JTCoyoté

~ Ben Franklin

Another entity worth e-mailing is C-span and asking them to re-run it a few times. They re-run everything else.

Offline the general

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2008, 09:59:20 pm »
Feingold, Russell D. YES

The only Senator to vote against the US Patriot Act!

This got me thinking...  Here are the representatives who voted no to the Patriot Act:

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2001/roll398.xml

---- NAYS    66 ---

Baldwin
Barrett
Blumenauer
Bonior
Boucher
Brown (OH)
Capuano
Clayton
Conyers
Coyne
Cummings
Davis (IL)
DeFazio
DeGette
Dingell
Farr
Filner
Frank
Hastings (FL)
Hilliard
Honda
Jackson (IL)
Jackson-Lee (TX)
Johnson, E. B.
Jones (OH)
Kucinich
Lee
Lewis (GA)
McDermott
McGovern
McKinney
Meek (FL)
Miller, George
Mink
Mollohan
Nadler
Ney
Oberstar
Olver
Otter
Owens
Pastor
Paul
Payne
Peterson (MN)
Rahall
Rivers
Rush
Sabo
Sanchez
Sanders
Schakowsky
Scott
Serrano
Stark
Thompson (MS)
Tierney
Udall (CO)
Udall (NM)
Velazquez
Visclosky
Waters
Watson (CA)
Watt (NC)
Woolsey
Wu
Blessed are those who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness --
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven

JTCoyoté

Another entity worth e-mailing is C-span and asking them to re-run it a few times. They re-run everything else.

Holy smoke... I got it all...!!!!! I had the recorder running the whole time! ;D

JTCoyoté

~ Ben Franklin

JTCoyoté

I watched it all again, and several times he ripped into the "Military Commissions Act-2006", as well as the USAPATRIOT Act and other Police State bills... he was fricking ON FIRE!!!!!

JTCoyoté

“I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose
to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to
repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but
to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution...”

~Barry Goldwater

Offline adissenter2

• Revolt Time
Nice, glad to have more legislators speaking out somewhat.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! Molon Labe! Come and take them!

Offline EchelonMonitor

• Infowars Ning Network--upload your photos for posting in the forum
Omg, tuned in now, just after 8 am on the east coast, and Jay Rockefeller was talking about the potential for individual Americans to carry out cyber-terrorism.

Then Senator Warner started on FISA with the statement that "These companies did this not for financial benefit, but purely out of patriotism."

I had to see that right after I ate--talk about nausea.

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
Omg, tuned in now, just after 8 am on the east coast, and Jay Rockefeller was talking about the potential for individual Americans to carry out cyber-terrorism.

Then Senator Warner started on FISA with the statement that "These companies did this not for financial benefit, but purely out of patriotism."

I had to see that right after I ate--talk about nausea.

That is from last week
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline EchelonMonitor

• Infowars Ning Network--upload your photos for posting in the forum
Thanks--never watched c-span on the net before.

Then the CIA director says "Al Qaeda may be watching this vote and will create spikes of violence to give the impression that things are going badly."

This is very enlightening.  Wonder if it was the same "Al Qaeda" that McCain met with?

Offline lord edward coke

• "Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God"
    • sedm
it's called an ex post facto law and a direct violation of the Constitution broken it many times before though tax laws etc. :'(
"Liberty has never come from government.  Liberty has always come from the subjects of government. The history of liberty is a history  of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it." http://sedm.org/

Offline InsideJob

Holy smoke... I got it all...!!!!! I had the recorder running the whole time! ;D

JTCoyoté

~ Ben Franklin

Worth saving (and sharing), I think. Unfortunately, it's a bleak moment in history.

JTCoyoté

DODD IS BACK ON C-SPAN2 LIVE WITH HIS FILIBUSTER OF THE FISA BILL IMMUNITY CLAUSE, NOW!!!!

JTCoyoté

“I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose
to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to
repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but
to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution...”

~Barry Goldwater

Offline adissenter2

• Revolt Time
So I go for a snack downstairs, and I turn on CSPAN while down there hoping to see Dodd do his thing, nothing was going on besides classical music and people shuffling paper looking busy.  I turn the channel to the other CSPAN and this is what I get.

Mr. Speaker .. I am introducing a H R 960 unto the house in order to congratulate the NY Giants on their win in the super bowl.  What a absolute fooking nation of clowns!  Our country is being destroyed and these legislators are on the floor talking about fooking football / wasting our time and money this 3 ring circus.  I am pissed off beyond belief! BEYOND BELIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you -
Rep G.K. Butterfield
D- North Carolina
and thank you to the other clown that joined in speaking about this 'fun' legislation on the floor before I turned off the idiot box

get these clowns out of office now!!  Why are we putting up with this BS?!

Offline lord edward coke

• "Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God"
    • sedm
hopes and dreams dashed to pieces :'(
"Liberty has never come from government.  Liberty has always come from the subjects of government. The history of liberty is a history  of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it." http://sedm.org/

Offline adissenter2

• Revolt Time

Traitor Bush trying to get out of the wet paper bag he is in with the noodle between his shoulders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dhF7VTegc

Offline chris jones

GOD BLESS HIS HEART AN SOUL.

Yes these two included.
Kennedy, Edward M. D YES
Feingold, Russell D. YES
I sent off my e mails when I got the news, I know you all did too.

I cant listen to his speach, Im out of country now, but please someone transcript it!!!!!
CJ

Offline 70983

• http://www.conspiracyshirts.com/
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2008, 04:45:51 pm »

Look people, you can't trust this guy, ever since I heard him call for a full-fledge carbon tax in the debates I have been very leary of him.  He's a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.  He may be right on this issue, but i still believe he is just New World Order trash.
Ray McBerry for Governor of Georgia in 2010!  Reclaim the sovereignty of the States!

http://www.georgiafirst.org

Youtube Channel:  http://www.youtube.com/user/RayMcBerry

He has many informative videos advocating his candidacy.