Author Topic: Dark Blue Eyes are Rare  (Read 5761 times)

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
Re: Dark Blue Eyes are Rare
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2018, 11:04:42 am »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Bruce
John Symon Asher Bruce (14 May 1943 ? 25 October 2014) was a Scottish musician, singer and songwriter known primarily for his contributions to the British supergroup Cream, which also included the guitarist-singer Eric Clapton and the drummer Ginger Baker. In March 2011 Rolling Stone readers selected him as the eighth greatest bass guitarist of all time. "Most musicians would have a very hard time distinguishing themselves if they wound up in a band with Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker," the magazine said at the time, "but Jack Bruce was so gifted on the bass that he did it with ease."
Bruce was born on 14 May 1943 in Bishopbriggs, Lanarkshire, to Betty (Asher) and Charlie Bruce,[1] musical parents who moved frequently, resulting in the young Bruce attending 14 different schools, ending up at Bellahouston Academy. He began playing jazz bass in his teens and won a scholarship to study cello and musical composition at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama while playing in Jim McHarg's Scotsville Jazzband to support himself.[2] The academy disapproved of its students playing jazz. "They found out", Bruce told Musician correspondent Jim Macnie, "and said 'you either stop, or leave college.' So I left college."

https://irom.wordpress.com/2014/12/29/2014-remembered-lost-boys-lou-reed-joe-cocker-jack-bruce/
Jack Bruce

I said an incorrect thing about Jack Bruce in my appreciation written after he passed. Not incorrect but inadequate. I wrote that Jack, along with The Who?s John Entwhistle, invented the bass lead in rock. That?s not necessarily wrong but the more important point is that he was central to the creation of the bass-lead guitar duet.

All of us forever mesmerized by the live version of ?Crossroads? know what I mean. Bruce wasn?t just keeping up with the outrageous combination of Clapton?s speed and virtuosity, he was matching it, note for note, bar for bar, stanza for stanza. It?s incredible. I think bands and bassists could write out the notes, listen to it a thousand times, hone their skills to a high level and still not get it right nor understand the creative source from which it sprang.

Caught in performance or in studio, the body of work approaches perfection. Of course, for me, that is Cream, close to perfection in its parts and in its whole. Bruce was central to the writing of most of their songs, combined with Ginger Baker to produce an ongoing war of a genius rhythm section. And his work with Clapton is unsurpassed.
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2018, 01:26:02 pm »
I'm still digging on Boris !

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/09/boris-johnson-says-theresa-may-is-wrapping-a-suicide-vest-around-britain-over-brexit-7927543/
Boris Johnson says Theresa May is 'wrapping a suicide vest around Britain' with Brexit plan
Tom Herbert
Sunday 9 Sep 2018 9:36 am

Writing in the Mail on Sunday, Mr Johnson lashed out at the Northern Ireland ?backstop,? aimed at making sure there is no hard border with Ireland.

He said: 'We have opened ourselves to perpetual political blackmail. We have wrapped a suicide vest around the British constitution ' and handed the detonator to Michel Barnier.

'We have given him a jemmy with which Brussels can choose ' at any time ' to crack apart the union between Great Britain and Northern Ireland.'

Under the EU's version of the exit plan, if no trade deal with the UK resolved the issue of the border problem, Northern Ireland would effectively remain part of the single market.

Mr Johnson added: 'At every stage in the talks so far, Brussels gets what Brussels wants.'
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2018, 02:00:15 pm »
Gram Parsons eyes ...

http://gramparsonsappreciation.blogspot.com/2010/01/gram-parsons-eyes.html
Another Side of Life: Appreciating the Physical Beauty of Gram Parsons

Welcome to the blog which is devoted to exploring the physical beauty that was Gram Parsons. The fact that I've chosen to focus on his appearance is in no way meant to detract from the importance of his music, which as most GP fans know, continues to influence and mesmerize decades after his death. Please enjoy and feel free to comment. Check out the Welcome post for more details.

EYES:
As promised, my first installment analyzes Gram Parson's eyes. First questions first. What color are they? Seriously. Does anyone know?

There are not very many close-up color pictures out there, (and often his eyes are obscured by his hair!) so I've found that getting an answer to this question is far more difficult than I had anticipated. Black and white pictures, such as the one to the left, gave the impression that they were a pale blue. But I have been carefully reviewing every color picture, as well as video, I can find, and I think I've come to the ambiguous conclusion that they are a green/gray/bluish hazel. This conclusion is supported by a quote I found from Stanley Booth, where he described Gram as a 'green-eyed Palomino pony.'

Color aside. I've never seen eyes quite like Gram's. His strong and downward-sloping brow creates a sorrowful, 'lost puppy' look, which is then offset by an intensity created by his eyes' proximity and his prominent nose bridge. The result is captivating' a mix of childlike innocence and a sexually-charged knowing stare which simultaneously obscures and reveals the pain just below the surface. But there is an interface between the physical and the emotional. Looking at him, the first thing you notice is mellowness, happy-go-lucky flirtatiousness, perhaps intentional' a result of his experience as an entertainer, perhaps just a natural part of his amorous and easy-going personality, or perhaps a mask.

In any case, the way he uses his eyes seems deliberate. He looks at you as if he knows he's getting to you, exciting you, penetrating your soul, 'feeling you deep inside.'

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2018, 12:08:51 pm »
The Prisoner - Danger Man ,,, Patrick McGoohan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iaR3WO71j4
JOHNNY RIVERS - Secret Agent Man 1966

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_McGoohan

Patrick Joseph McGoohan (19 March 1928 ? 13 January 2009) was an American-born actor, writer, and director who was brought up in Ireland and England. He began his career in the United Kingdom in the 1950s, and relocated to the United States in the 1970s. His career-defining roles were in the British 1960s television series Danger Man (US: Secret Agent) and the surreal psychological drama The Prisoner, which he co-created.

McGoohan was born in Astoria, Queens, New York City, the son of Rose (Fitzpatrick) and Thomas McGoohan, who were living in the United States after emigrating from Ireland to seek work. He was brought up as a Catholic.[1] Shortly after he was born, McGoohan's parents moved back to Mullaghmore, County Sligo,[2][3] Ireland, and seven years later, they emigrated to Sheffield, England.

McGoohan attended St Vincent's School[4] and De La Salle College[citation needed] in Sheffield. During World War II, he was evacuated to Loughborough, Leicestershire. There he attended Ratcliffe College, where he excelled in mathematics and boxing. McGoohan left school at the age of 16 and returned to Sheffield, where he worked as a chicken farmer, a bank clerk, and a lorry driver before getting a job as a stage manager at Sheffield Repertory Theatre. When one of the actors became ill, McGoohan was substituted for him, launching his acting career.

http://www.writeups.org/prisoner-patrick-mcgoohan-number-six/

Context

The Prisoner was a landmark 1967-1968 TV series. Though it drew many themes from espionage and intrigue it was a cryptic, almost surreal work about freedom, courage and other themes. Since the work was seminal, many of its breakthroughs have since been digested by other fictions (and arguably by reality).

The protagonist?s name is never given. He has been called ?the Prisoner? based upon the show?s title and plot. He?s often designated by the code ?Number Six?.

Height: 6?2? Age: 39 during his stay in the Village.
Eyes: Blue Hair: Chestnut Blond

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/14/obit.mcgoohan/index.html
Patrick McGoohan, star of 'The Prisoner,' dies
Wed January 14, 2009

Emmy-winning Patrick McGoohan, the actor who created one of British television's most surreal thrillers, has died aged 80, according to British media reports.

He was born in Astoria, New York to Irish emigrants but the family returned to Ireland shortly afterwards. McGoohan was raised in Ireland and England

http://www.netreach.net/~sixofone/

Patrick McGoohan's allegorical 1967 television series is studied, analyzed and discussed by our worldwide society of individuals. Get much more out of watching the series by becoming the newest member of Six of One. Start receiving our highly-praised publications, including the only regularly published magazine in the world devoted to The Prisoner. Read exclusive cast and crew interviews, see rare behind-the-scenes photos, share your thoughts with fans worldwide, learn from Six of One seminars, get the latest Prisoner news, download exclusive FREE computer screen-savers, and be eligible to attend our Conventions in Portmeirion - where the series was filmed.

Our society headquarters is in England, and we have long-time representatives in France and the United States. Members around the world receive our packed mailings which include our glossy color magazine - along with our other publications, inserts, brochures and special exclusive members-only offers. By supporting us with a membership, we can continue to work hard for Prisoner fans everywhere.

Six of One is officially recognized as the only worldwide appreciation society for The Prisoner television series and is operated solely with the co-operation of Granada Ventures, Portmeirion and many others closely associated with this remarkable program. Be seeing you!

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2009/01/rip-patrick-mcg.html
I am not a number, I am a free man!" Patrick McGoohan's character Number Six shouted at the panoptic eye in the sky at the beginning of every episode of the revolutionary '60s sci-fi TV series The Prisoner. And although the character would come to dominate McGoohan's life and even chase him out of London following the series' controversial 1968 finale, "Fall Out," McGoohan is a prisoner no longer.

http://www.retroweb.com/prisoner.html

Q: "Where Am I?"
A: "In The Village"