Author Topic: Millions of Bush White House emails found (they were never lost) and controlled  (Read 18009 times)

Offline thnkfstpal

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34419592/

Millions of missing Bush admin. e-mails found
Computer technicians have uncovered 22 million messages believed lost
BREAKING NEWS
The Associated Press
WASHINGTON - Two nonprofit groups say that computer technicians have found 22 million White House e-mails from the administration of President George W. Bush.

The two groups say the electronic messages were previously mislabeled and effectively lost.

An announcement Monday by the two groups is the latest development in a controversy that surrounded the failure by the Bush White House to install an electronic recordkeeping system.

The two private organizations — the National Security Archive and Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington — say they are settling lawsuits that they filed against the Executive Office of the President in 2007.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Mike Philbin

Re: Millions of Bush White House emails found.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 03:00:29 pm »
BushGATE?

:o

carlee

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 03:01:01 pm »
now that they found them they need to leak them to the people

Offline IridiumKEPfactor

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 03:03:42 pm »
Possibly right now, Dick Cheney is on the phone organizing a hit team with his COG group at JSOC.

Offline Initiated

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 03:06:37 pm »
now that they found them they need to leak them to the people

Someone should email them wikileaks website as a little hint and lots of hope.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives."  ~ James Madison

Mike Philbin

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 03:08:41 pm »
THIS COULD BLOW WIDE OPEN 'INSIDE JOB'

You The People need to demand to know what's in these emails.....

EvadingGrid

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 03:10:29 pm »
OK

So were does I download a copy  ::)

Mike Philbin

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 03:33:16 pm »
They have been FOUND for a reason - let the reason be love.

:)

Sorry, should'a couldn't'a resisted. Anyway, yeah, good point, what are they hoping to distract us with - 20 million emails is lots'a emails.  Erm, did anything come of the CLIMATEGATE or 9-11 PAGER releases???

Mike

They have been released for a reason.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 03:40:25 pm »
This could be good.
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Matt Hatter

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 04:06:59 pm »
THANK YOU INTERNET! WHOOOO HOOOOO

Offline tosso

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 04:10:54 pm »
But the public might not see any of the e-mails for quite some time because they will now go through the National Archives normal process for releasing presidential and agency records.

don 't jump
"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt." - John Adams

Offline chris jones

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 04:14:17 pm »
The associated press, one of the oldest news gathering organizations.* Mainstream.

This caught my eye:the National Security Archive and Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington — say they are settling lawsuits that they filed against the Executive Office of the President in 2007.

As much as I loved reading this, and hope beyond hope that these e mails will be released-I sincerely mean this!!!!

My gut feeling is they will be stalled, the NSA may step in, our savior OBY may get into this, and the spin will begin. Didn't we recently have e-mails released in regards to the climate and the 911 info.

Any legal beavers on here care to comment, but if these E mails are in the posession of the news media & available to the public, why have they not been released in part.

I hope that this is not any empty shell, in fact I pray it is not.

Offline Okinawa

• Sai On 蔡温
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 04:22:38 pm »
National Security Archive and White House Reach Agreement for Restoration of Missing Bush White House E-mails http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20091214/index.htm
For more information contact: Meredith Fuchs - 202/994-7000
Posted - December 14, 2009

Washington, DC, December 14, 2009 - The National Security Archive (the Archive), Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, the White House and the National Archives and Records Administratioeren (NARA) today entered into an agreement setting forth general principles that will resolve the missing White House e-mail lawsuit filed first by the Archive in September 2007.

"We commend the Obama Administration for making a strong effort to clean up the electronic data mess left behind by the prior administration," commented Sheila Shadmand, counsel for the Archive.

"We now know that many poor choices were made during the Bush Administration and there was little concern about the availability of e-mail records despite the fact that they were contending with regular subpoenas for records and had a legal obligation to preserve their records for the nation's long term historical memory," explained Meredith Fuchs, the Archive's General Counsel.

"We have done our best in this case to maximize the number of e-mails that have been found or reconstructed from disaster recovery backup tapes," explained Kristen Lejnieks, counsel for the Archive. "The government can now can find and search over 22 million more e-mails than they could in late 2005. They also will restore 94 calendar days from backup tapes. We certainly hope that many major gaps in the record have been filled."

"The absence of best business practices permitted a loss of data that was completely preventable," explained Al Lakhani, an expert, and Managing Partner with Alvarez & Marsal. "Today's technology permits reliable archiving and effective control over deletion of records."

Commenting on the state of the current White House e-mail system, Ms. Fuchs stated: "We have been briefed on the system in use since the beginning of the Obama Administration and we believe that the system now in use fixes the significant problems with the prior system, including by capturing everything, properly categorizing the e-mails, and preventing unauthorized deletion."

The Archive's lawsuit impacted White House e-mail records in a number of ways:

* Increased the Number of Preserved Emails: As a result of the three phase e-mail restoration process pursued during this lawsuit, the Defendants found, sorted and properly categorized 22 million more emails than they could find in late 2005. (Everett Decl. at 6).  In addition, during this process the Office of Administration identified "other repositories" of email, "which added approximately one million unique messages" to the email archive.  (Everett Decl. at 8.)
    * Preservation of Records During the Transition: The lawsuit ensured the preservation of all media during the presidential transition that contained emails from March 2003 through October 2005.  The backup tapes will continue to be preserved for 12 years after the settlement of this suit, ensuring that this crucial data remains available to the public. 
    * Disaster Recovery Backup System: The lawsuit drew attention to the poor backup system utilized by the White House Office of Administration for the Executive Office of the President and helped lead to implementation of more reliable practices.
    * Better Searching: EOP/OA completely revamped its process for allocating messages to presidential and federal records components at the White House so that future records searches will be more accurate. 
    * Restored Missing Emails from Backup Tapes: At the completion of restoration efforts, this lawsuit will have resulted in the restoration of 94 days worth of emails from disaster recovery backup tapes --likely adding hundreds of thousands of unique messages to NARA's archive. These include 21 calendar days (containing 48 component days) that the White House identified as statistically low, 33 additional days that the plaintiffs identified, and 40 sample days.
    * Going Forward System: This lawsuit paved the way for a new e-mail archiving system currently in use at the White House.

Documents

Summary of events related to White House E-mail Loss --pdf available

Terms of Agreement, signed December 14, 2009 -- pdf available

An updated chronology of the e-mail controversy can be seen here. http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20080417/chron.htm
When we give up learning we have no more troubles. Lao Tzu

Sai On http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sai_On

Sai On: Okinawa's Sage Reformer www.amazon.com/Saion-Okinawas-sage-reformer-introduction/dp/B0006CKRU0

Unspeakable Things www.personal.psu.edu/gjs4

Offline trailhound

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 06:27:36 pm »
I wonder when the story is going to break about all my emails of infowars articles to friends and relatives ;D Prison Planet Forumgate :D

"Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." Qur'an 5:2
At the heart of that Western freedom and democracy is the belief that the individual man, the child of God, is the touchstone of value..." -RFK

Mike Philbin

the pre-9/11 LOST DAYS.
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 01:46:31 am »
    * Restored Missing Emails from Backup Tapes: At the completion of restoration efforts, this lawsuit will have resulted in the restoration of 94 days worth of emails from disaster recovery backup tapes --likely adding hundreds of thousands of unique messages to NARA's archive. These include 21 calendar days (containing 48 component days) that the White House identified as statistically low, 33 additional days that the plaintiffs identified, and 40 sample days.

oh my lord

lets me guess the dates of these 'lost days'. Any (close) time on, before or after 9/11 2001?

Please let it be true. Please let the IMPLICATION in this report that the Obama Administration is actively pursuing Bush/Cheney's WAR CRIMES in full detail.

Offline Omni1

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 06:32:24 am »
None of these emails will ever be released.  I truly wish they will be, but I know down inside they won't.

I am also willing to bet the MSM will stop talking about this and bring on the next distraction to get the sheeples attention, while all this gets swept under the rug.

Offline agentbluescreen

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 08:01:17 am »
But the public might not see any of the e-mails for quite some time because they will now go through the National Archives normal process for releasing presidential and agency records.

don 't jump

It's the 2000~2001 email we are interested in

kushfiend

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 09:12:30 am »
I can only imagine.

[email protected]: Hey Dick! Did "osama" do his "thing" yet?

[email protected]: Shutup moron! you're gonna get us busted!

[email protected]: Not uh! I shit on the FOIA!  haha! i can't wait to start torturing arabs! tell osama to hurry the f**k up!

[email protected]: grrr....yessss it shall be done...

lol that's not suspicious

Mike Philbin

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 09:19:48 am »
Bush'd do that. Cheney, I'm not so sure.

I can only imagine.

[email protected]: Hey Dick! Did "osama" do his "thing" yet?

[email protected]: Shutup moron! you're gonna get us busted!

[email protected]: Not uh! I shit on the FOIA!  haha! i can't wait to start torturing arabs! tell osama to hurry the f**k up!

[email protected]: grrr....yessss it shall be done...

lol that's not suspicious

Offline jadem

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 02:28:03 pm »
Hahahahahaha e-mail to be released 2014...

Mike Philbin

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 02:29:14 pm »
man, someone should just GET A SPINE and release them today.

do it FOR THE GOODNESS OF MANKIND.

do it now.

Offline Overcast

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2009, 03:33:33 pm »
THIS COULD BLOW WIDE OPEN 'INSIDE JOB'

You The People need to demand to know what's in these emails.....

Even if it was categorical proof - it would get buried just like climate gate by the (LOL) 'media'.

I think now, whenever I say (LOL) 'media', I will pre-fix it with a big LOL.
And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

Offline Irobot

• SHOW HOST WANTED!
    • 12160 SOCIAL NETWORK
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 05:02:41 pm »
Karl Rove kills web master / whistleblower Michael Connell to cover up voting fraud
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=76018.0;topicseen
12160  "Destroying the NWO"
Check out the blogs, videos, and discussions!!
http://12160.info/

RADIO HOST WANTED!!! 
Trolls R People 2

Offline Irobot

• SHOW HOST WANTED!
    • 12160 SOCIAL NETWORK
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2009, 05:05:20 pm »

"Deep Throat" Emerges in Mike Connell Plane Crash
(RE: Ohio Election Fraud - Rove Cheney Bush)

An anonymous informant has provided information indicating that an airplane piloted by Republican computer expert Mike Connell was sabotaged before it crashed on December 18, 2008, near Akron, Ohio.

One of Connell's sisters says she believes the family will file a wrongful-death lawsuit against Republican strategist Karl Rove if foul play ever is proven in the plane crash.

Those are two of the major revelations in a stunning recent investigative piece at BradBlog, by award-winning television producer and writer Rebecca Abrahams.

http://snardfarker.ning.com/profiles/blogs/deep-throat-emerge
12160  "Destroying the NWO"
Check out the blogs, videos, and discussions!!
http://12160.info/

RADIO HOST WANTED!!! 
Trolls R People 2

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2009, 05:13:24 pm »

I don't think we will get any George Bush43 emails out of this.  He's not smart enough to use a computer.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2009, 05:30:41 pm »
Even if it was categorical proof - it would get buried just like climate gate by the (LOL) 'media'.

I think now, whenever I say (LOL) 'media', I will pre-fix it with a big LOL.

climategate is not buried, but it may bury the MSM forever.
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Overcast

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2009, 09:45:30 am »
climategate is not buried, but it may bury the MSM forever.

Well - I should have said the 'attempt' - to bury, by the (LOL) media. ;)
And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

Offline planetp

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2009, 11:20:38 am »
Where were the emails hiding at? Who was hiding them?

Mike Philbin

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2009, 11:25:14 am »
okay, can we SERIOUSLY summarise that THE NEW WORLD ORDER's mantra of order from chaos is just the name of an ongoing game against YOU THE PEOPLE

I mean, f**k it, they've got (our) money to burn, and they're having a lot of fun raping and killing and torturing ... it's what they do. And we've let them. Those freaks have NO f**kING IDEA OF A PLAN, they're winging it like Dicemen.

Idiots need to be stopped.

Mike

Offline truth=freedom

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2009, 11:59:14 am »
If the emails ever get released under FOIA then they will be heavily redacted and probably most will not be released because of "national security".
There are always 3 sides to every story; Yours, theirs, and the truth.

Offline Viking1

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2009, 01:01:30 pm »
Possibly right now, Dick Cheney is on the phone organizing a hit team with his COG group at JSOC.

Exactly.

Ah, Cheney in Chains.

(Sounds like a good name for a rock group)

Offline planetp

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2009, 04:35:01 pm »
Who really found the emails, and where were they? And what did Mike Connell have to do with it? Is this the same email in Tennessee, and is the TN email still Top Secret?

UNDERCOVER VIDEO INSIDE AIRNET & SMARTECH HQ IN CHATTANOOGA TENNESSEE

LocustFork.net and Pirate News TV videotape interview inside HQ for AirNet and Smartech in Chattanooga Tennessee, February 2009. Airnet and Smartech had the contracts to rig, er, count the Ohio elections from their servers in Tennessee. Questions asked about Mike Connell's assassination by sabotage, after threats from Karl Rove. Or is Tennessee HQ just another shell corporation in a shell game? Note company PR photo of server racks with no servers in them. Or did this undercover video help force a legal settlement with National Security Archives? Professor Glynn Wilson of LocustFork.net hobnobbs in Washington DC with Wayne Madsen of NSA. Pirate News was banned from public access TV that same month for an episode titled Obama Coronation, by anonymous complaint (now on appeal).

White House-RNC Email Backed Up in Chattanooga? -- Evidence of Bush-Rove Crimes Hidden Away in Southern Town? By Glynn Wilson at LocustFork.net, video by Pirate News.

National Security Archive Litigation: Obama White House Agreement for Restoration of Missing Bush White House E-mails

AP: 22 million missing Bush White House e-mails found, Dec 14, 2009

Project Censored 2010: 12. Mysterious Death of Mike Connell—Karl Rove’s Election Thief

Little of note has changed since the death of Mike Connell as this book goes to press.  The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) is still investigating, but is likely not to release a final report until mid to late 2010. They released a preliminary report, however, indicating decreasing visibility at the Akron airport, with visibility still at 2.5 miles at the time of the crash and temperatures just above freezing.  According to the NTSB report, and confirmed via transcripts and tapes received via FOIA requests, Connell radioed to ask “whether there were any reports of icing, to which air traffic control [ATC] responded that there were no reports.”

The tapes and transcripts indicate that something suddenly happened up there, as his last words to ATC, recorded on tape, were a declaration of emergency followed quickly by “Oh, f**k,” before he was not heard from again.

Mike Philbin

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2010, 03:42:45 pm »
Presidential records of the Bush administration won't be available until 2014 at the earliest.

isn't this half-way-through the second Obama term?

is that what this is?

I was thinking (also) today about the Hoon/Hewitt scandal involving Brown (here in UK) it's the PERFECT WAY to unify the party before the coming-in-5-months general election. Fake a 'coup' via this 'unconstitutional' Labour secret vote on the leader.

It's just so f**ked up, it's a living-dead nightmare.

Offline Okinawa

• Sai On 蔡温
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2010, 03:49:21 pm »
White House E-mail Archiving Plan Revealed http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20100115a/index.htm
Obama Administration Describes System Put in Place to Prevent Loss of White House E-mails
For more information contact: Meredith Fuchs - 202/994-7000

Washington, DC, January 15, 2010 - Pursuant to a settlement reached between the National Security Archive and the White House Executive Office of the President (EOP), the White House today issued a letter describing critical aspects of the EOP unclassified network e-mail preservation and archiving system now used in the White House. Among other specifics, the letter describes:

* Automated capture and preservation of all e-mail and Blackberry messages sent or received on the EOP’s unclassified network;
* Documents segregated into component-specific repositories and broad search capabilities that improve the ability to find e-mail records in response to legal or
   administrative needs;
* Blocking of access to personal and external Web-based e-mail systems from White House unclassified workstations;
* Controls against unauthorized deletion of e-mails and an accounting of any deleted e-mails;
* Systematic emergency recovery backups of the system; and
* Automatically generated audit reports and system health-check dashboard reports to assist in the identification of problems.

“The system automatically addresses the critical components of capture, backup, and preservation – all of which were missing in the prior system,” explained Al Lakhani, Managing Director at Alvrez & Marsal Dispute Analysis and Forensic Services, who acted as the Archive’s technical expert during the litigation.

Kristen A. Lejnieks, counsel for the Archive from Jones Day commented: “While the Archive continues to urge the White House to upgrade its system by adding new and better protections against unanticipated problems, the system now in place includes controls and automated reporting that will quickly bring unauthorized actions to light for investigation. We can be much more confident than before that, even if an unauthorized deletion of e-mails could take place, it would be detected by a range of people within the EOP.”

“The White House appears to be approaching its record preservation obligations with greater conscientiousness than during the last administration,” stated Meredith Fuchs, the Archive’s General Counsel.

The letter released today was transmitted as agreed under a settlement of two consolidated lawsuits that were separately filed by the National Security Archive and Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) after it was disclosed in April 2007 that the White House had ceased archiving its e-mails in 2003.

Sai On: Okinawa's Sage Reformer www.amazon.com/Saion-Okinawas-sage-reformer-introduction/dp/B0006CKRU0

Offline ronaldomoon

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2010, 03:54:39 pm »
If there's anything damning in any of the e-mails, we probably won't get to see them.

Offline Okinawa

• Sai On 蔡温
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2010, 04:05:16 pm »
If there's anything damning in any of the e-mails, we probably won't get to see them.

Yes, very likely, but it is a step "against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Offline ronaldomoon

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2010, 04:07:46 pm »
Yes, very likely, but it is a step "against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Yeah I don't mean to be so pessimistic about it, but the fact that this is an Obama approved measure makes me pretty doubtful about the whole thing.

Offline Omni1

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2010, 04:42:22 pm »
Like I said back in December... nothing will come of this. 

Mike Philbin

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2010, 09:33:31 am »
why are Congress deferring any release of relevant info AIG/Giethner and Bush/emails until like 2016-2018?

does this mean that after this time there'll be no one on this planet who cares about the corporate crime that 9-11 was a kingpin in?

have they errored by announcing this date for OUR TERMINATION?

EvadingGrid

Just shows no difference between Republicans & Democrats.