Author Topic: What Does the Future Hold? This Video May Have The Answer…  (Read 12269 times)

Offline Lisa Haven

• Avid research analysis with Christian perspective
    • Reality Of Christ

The video below displays a rather gruesome view of the possible future. While it seems like something straight out of a Sci-Fi movie, it’s likely this could be where we are headed. If we consider the fact that much of things that now exist were first introduced via the television like: cell phones, internet, holograms, and space travel, for example. Then we can rightly assume that some of the things we now see on the television will be in the near future.

Click link to read more: http://b4in.info/cXba

Offline BlackRoses

Re: What Does the Future Hold? This Video May Have The Answer…
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 07:25:19 pm »
I admit this is the thing that tripped me up for events and certain devices. I know some of the tech around now came from stuff like Star Trek so I wasn't denying that. I know I've said and thought "oh, that's just a movie or tv show." before. No more. Something is there. It's just up to each individual to decide if it's getting you prepared for the real thing to roll out or if somebody is getting inspired to make such a device.

I'll use an example: Okay, last year was the very first time I watched the Terminator movies. The first one was made in 84 right? I was born in 1984 so it's impossible for me to have watched the first movie in 1984 and understand what was going on in the movie. But I think of what my opinion might've been if I could've watched the movie when it originally came out. I know I probably would've thought "Wow, that's some freaky *hit. Would never happen irl." I think it's pretty telling my opinion of the movie once the credits rolled were "Nothing would surprise me." I can't be naive and think that all the geniuses out there are trying to make life better for everybody. I can't be naive and assume all psychopaths are going to go to jail, be in a nuthouse or die before they do serious damage. You have a lot of psychopath geniuses that will come up with stuff to make this world a hell on earth. You also have a lot of people that might be coming up with good stuff that fall into the wrong hands and will end up being used to make a mini hell on earth.

I'm sorta rambling here so I hope everybody gets what I'm trying to say...

Offline Dude447

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 07:39:24 pm »
well I dont think your rambling it makes for good debate on what is fact and fiction what is good bad etc etc

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 11:43:18 pm »
Good and evil people, wheat and tares, real and posers, have always been around throughout history.

You also have a lot of people that might be coming up with good stuff that fall into the wrong hands and will end up being used to make a mini hell on earth.

^^^This is what I believe has most likely happened throughout history. Somebody comes up with a wonderful idea that then gets hijacked by evil people and twisted up into something ugly.

For instance. Tesla. Free electricity for everyone. The man lights up a field of lightbulbs wirelessly in the early 1900's. But no, I have to pay a power bill today to line some hustler's pockets. Either that or burn tons of fuel in a generator just to power, say, a high-amperage electric well for drinking water. Why? Because Edison--->General Electric and JP Morgan--->Chase Manhattan say so.

Another example. Did you know that the original "asylum" was run by a church? It was simply a safehaven place to go to get away from it all and regroup if you became overwhelmed by the worries of life. Kind of like going to a resort for vacation. There were people there who would listen to you, talk with you, and, if you wished, pray with you. People were free to come and go as they saw fit - stay as long as they liked. There was no prison atmosphere, involuntary commitment, or barbarism in those places. That came later. After the whole idea was hijacked and taken over by some very evil people.

But this was so long ago, so many generations ago, that people have no idea what the original concept was anymore.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline BlackRoses

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 11:56:19 pm »
Good and evil people, wheat and tares, real and posers, have always been around throughout history.

^^^This is what I believe has most likely happened throughout history. Somebody comes up with a wonderful idea that then gets hijacked by evil people and twisted up into something ugly.

For instance. Tesla. Free electricity for everyone. The man lights up a field of lightbulbs wirelessly in the early 1900's. But no, I have to pay a power bill today to line some hustler's pockets. Either that or burn tons of fuel in a generator just to power, say, a high-amperage electric well for drinking water. Why? Because Edison--->General Electric and JP Morgan--->Chase Manhattan say so.

Another example. Did you know that the original "asylum" was run by a church? It was simply a safehaven place to go to get away from it all and regroup if you became overwhelmed by the worries of life. Kind of like going to a resort for vacation. There were people there who would listen to you, talk with you, and, if you wished, pray with you. People were free to come and go as they saw fit - stay as long as they liked. There was no prison atmosphere, involuntary commitment, or barbarism in those places. That came later. After the whole idea was hijacked and taken over by some very evil people.

But this was so long ago, so many generations ago, that people have no idea what the original concept was anymore.

I had no idea about the asylums! Learn something new on this site everyday!

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 12:58:38 am »
Consider the word “asylum”. It originally meant a safe place. It’s still used in that context with people seeking “political asylum” from a tyrannical government.

Speaking of words. They’ve been hijacked and changed too. Everybody knows about “gay”, for instance.

But, did you know that to “obsess” in 1828, meant to besiege. Kind of insightful compared to how it’s used today. Some view it as a desirable thing.

Another interesting word is “to bore” or “bored”, commonly understood as “to perforate and make hollow”, like what a worm does. These days, it’s become a commonly understood feeling. But the cause is vague.

Link to an older dictionary:

1828 edition of Webster's American Dictionary of the English Language
http://1828.mshaffer.com/
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline jerryweaver

Re: What Does the Future Hold? ENDLESS ELECTRICITY!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 10:18:14 am »

ENDLESS ELECTRICITY: They Figured Out A Way Of Turning Roads Into Gigantic Solar Panels

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/solar-roadways-profile-2014-5

There are approximately 31,251 square miles of roads, parking lots, driveways, playgrounds, bike paths, and sidewalks in the lower 48 states.

If Julie and Scott Brusaw have their way, they will all someday be replaced with solar panels.

For the better part of a decade, the Idaho couple have been working on prototyping an industrial-strength panel that could withstand the weight of even the largest trucks.

They now appear to have cracked the formula, developing a specially textured glass coating for the panels that can not only bear tremendous loads but can support standard tire traction.

By their reckoning, at peak installation, their panel-ized roads could produce more than 3x the electricity currently consumed in the U.S.

The material could also be able to power electric vehicles, through a a “receiver” plate mounted beneath the EV and a “transmitter” plate is installed in the road.

Solar roadways
The project has already received two phases of funding from the U.S. Federal Highway Administration, and last year featured in Google’s Moonshot series. They’re now incorporated as Solar Roadways.

Right now, they’re now looking to raise $US1 million on IndieGogo to move beyond the prototype and into production. So far they have received $US112,000 since announcing the campaign about three weeks ago.

If you’re wondering why they are choosing crowdfunding given the potentially large interest from investors, so have many others. Their reason for doing so is rather noble. As they explain on their website

It's time to upgrade our infrastructure - roads and power grid - to the 21st century.

http://www.solarroadways.com/intro.shtml

Suppose we made a section of road out of this material and housed solar cells to collect energy, which could pay for the cost of the panel, thereby creating a road that would pay for itself over time. What if we added LEDs to "paint" the road lines from beneath, lighting up the road for safer night time driving? What if we added a heating element in the surface (like the defrosting wire in the rear window of our cars) to prevent snow/ice accumulation in northern climates? The ideas and possibilities just continued to roll in and the Solar Roadway project was born.

Everyone has power. No more power shortages, no more roaming power outages, no more need to burn coal (50% of greenhouse gases). Less need for fossil fuels and less dependency upon foreign oil. Much less pollution. How about this for a long term advantage: an electric road allows all-electric vehicles to recharge anywhere: rest stops, parking lots, etc. They would then have the same range as a gasoline-powered vehicle. Internal combustion engines would become obsolete. Our dependency on oil would come to an abrupt end.

It's time to upgrade our infrastructure - roads and power grid - to the 21st century.

Offline jerryweaver

Re: What Does the Future Hold? ENDLESS ELECTRICITY!
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 11:18:41 am »
China blazes trail for 'clean' nuclear power from thorium

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/ambroseevans_pritchard/9784044/China-blazes-trail-for-clean-nuclear-power-from-thorium.html

Quote:
The beauty of thorium is that you cannot have a Fukushima disaster. Professor Robert Cywinksi from Huddersfield University, who anchor's the UK's thorium research network ThorEA, said the metal must be bombarded with neutrons to drive the process.
"There is no chain reaction. Fission dies the moment you switch off the photon beam," he said.
His team is working on an accelerator driven subcritical reactor. "Peope are beginning to realize that uranium isn't sustainable. We're going to have to breed new nuclear fuel. If we are going to the trouble of breeding, we could start to use thorium instead, without introducing plutonium into the cycle," he said.
Thorium has its flaws. The metallurgy is complex. It is "fertile" but not fissile, and has to be converted in Uranium 233. Claims by the International Atomic Energy Institute in 2005 that it has "intrinsic resistance" to proliferation but have since been qualified. It could be used as feedstock for bombs, though not easily.
Yet it leaves far less toxic residue. Most of the mineral is used up in the fission process, while uranium reactors use up just 0.7pc. It can even burn up existing stockpiles of plutonium and hazardous waste.

China sets eyes on thorium for 'clean' nuclear power generation

http://www.laserpowersystems.com/go-thorium/china

http://www.laserpowersystems.com/

THE THORIUM PROBLEM - Danger of existing thorium regulation to U.S. manufacturing and energy sector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyqYP6f66Mw

Car Runs For 100 Years Without Refueling - The Thorium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6wQP2qaaEk

Offline jerryweaver

Offline BlackRoses

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 08:34:40 pm »
Consider the word “asylum”. It originally meant a safe place. It’s still used in that context with people seeking “political asylum” from a tyrannical government.

Speaking of words. They’ve been hijacked and changed too. Everybody knows about “gay”, for instance.

But, did you know that to “obsess” in 1828, meant to besiege. Kind of insightful compared to how it’s used today. Some view it as a desirable thing.

Another interesting word is “to bore” or “bored”, commonly understood as “to perforate and make hollow”, like what a worm does. These days, it’s become a commonly understood feeling. But the cause is vague.

Link to an older dictionary:

1828 edition of Webster's American Dictionary of the English Language
http://1828.mshaffer.com/

I knew about gay but I never knew about bored or obsess. Thank you for posting the link. I'm definitely going to check it out.

Offline Lisa Haven

• Reality Of Christ
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 11:36:44 pm »
I get it strangelove and I agree!! Well said!

Offline Lisa Haven

• Reality Of Christ
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 11:37:59 pm »
One Revelation- I didn't think about Tesla! Good Tie there!! And again WELL Said!

Offline Lisa Haven

• Reality Of Christ
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 11:39:34 pm »
Thanks jerryweaver!! Especially the image of the car, it really brings it home with this post and the future for sure!

EvadingGrid

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 10:04:33 am »
This technology drastically shortens the half life of nuclear material and is another solution to the nuclear waste problem.

Thorium can use U-239 U-235 and P-239 and converts it into U-233. U-233 can cycle 20 times until there is nothing left.

Laws in the US make it illegal. Our Government is counter productive sometimes. China and India are going to develop this.

The long-term strategy of the nuclear power program of India, which has substantial thorium reserves, is to move to a nuclear program breeding uranium-233 from thorium feedstock.
Uranium-233 is a fissile isotope of uranium that is bred from thorium-232 as part of the thorium fuel cycle. Uranium-233 was investigated for use in nuclear weapons and as a reactor fuel.[1] It has been used successfully in experimental nuclear reactors and has been proposed for much wider use as a nuclear fuel. It has a half-life of 159,200 years.

Uranium-233 is produced by the neutron irradiation of thorium-232. When thorium-232 absorbs a neutron, it becomes thorium-233, which has a half-life of only 22 minutes. Thorium-233 decays into protactinium-233 through beta decay. Protactinium-233 has a half-life of 27 days and beta decays into uranium-233; some proposed molten salt reactor designs attempt to physically isolate the protactinium from further neutron capture before beta decay can occur.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium-233

Kazimi M.S. 2003, Thorium Fuel for Nuclear Energy, American Scientist (Sept-Oct 2003)
Robert Hargraves and Ralph Moir, Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors, American Scientist, Vol. 98, No. 4, P. 304 (July-August 2010)
Xu, Hongjie et al, SINAP, Thorium Energy R&D in China, ThEC2013 presentation.
Vijayan, I.V. et al, BARC, Overview of the Thorium Program in India, ThEC2013 presentation.
Herring, J.S. et al, 2004, Thorium-based Transmuter Fuels for Light Water Reactors, INL, Nuclear Technology 147, July 2004.
David, S. et al, 2007, Revisiting the Thorium-Uranium Nuclear Fuel Cycle, Europhysics News 338, 2.

Fibonacci ATV (Concept Vehicle)

New design of turbine engine doesn't use high pressure steam. It runs on hot air.

What is the Fibonacci Engine?  φ*
Overview
    The Fibonacci Engine (FE) is a sliding vane rotary heat engine  which converts heat energy from just about any source, into powerful rotary shaft power.  The FE can operate as an open-loop or closed-loop system, and has been called the "Ultimate Engine".   
    The rotating shaft can be coupled to an electrical generator, or a vehicle's drive shaft, powering the  wheels of a vehicle, or directly to the wheel itself. 
    The FE is a highly efficient Rotary Engine, uniquely different & greatly improved over any other engine today. The improvements are not about add-on components, but involve its utter simplicity of design, and its excellent horsepower to weight ratio.
    It is a true rotary engine, unlike, for example, the Wankel engine, which is technically a planetary gear rotary, internal combustion engine. The FE is an external combustion system.
     There have been hundreds, if not thousands of attempts over the past 130 years to design an effective, efficient rotary steam engine.  There are currently many contemporary rotary engine designs in various stages of development.

Santa Susana Field Laboratory. It blew in '59 and changed US Nuclear Power policy. 

Santa Susana used steam turbines at the generators. Water got in the liquid sodium and caused it to blow up.
The Atomic Energy Research Department designed, constructed and operated a 5 watt thermal aqueous homogeneous reactor at Downey, California, which on April 21, 1952 became the first nuclear reactor to operate in the State of California.[5] In 1955, the AERD was renamed the Atomics International division of North American Aviation.

SRE - Sodium Reactor Experiment
The Sodium Reactor Experiment facility in 1958
The Sodium Reactor Experiment was the result of Atomics International initially focusing on developing and commercializing reactor technology by undertaking the design of a nuclear power reactor capable of producing electricity on a commercial basis. Atomics International decided sodium wa a more appropriate nuclear reactor coolant than water. Sodium was chosen because it has excellent heat transfer properties, has a low operating pressure at typical reactor temperatures and it has a relatively low melting point.[6] When used as a coolant for a nuclear reactor, water requires heavy piping since at the high reactor temperatures, water is kept under pressure. In the event of an accident, the sudden breach of the high temperature water system (among other things) necessitates a special containment vessel to capture the released pressure.

Experience gained from conducting basic nuclear technology development provided Atomics International with the experience and practical knowledge necessary for the design, construction and operation of the Sodium Reactor Experiment nuclear reactor. On July 12, 1957 the Sodium Reactor Experiment became the first nuclear reactor in the United States to produce electrical power for a commercial power grid by powering the nearby city of Moorpark.[2] In July 1959 an accident where the narrow internal cooling channels within the reactor fuel assemblies became obstructed by an organic contaminant causing 13 of 43 reactor core fuel elements to partially melt. Atomics International personnel repaired the reactor which was restarted in September, 1960 and operated until 1964. The company subsequently designed and developed a concept demonstration sodium cooled nuclear power unit for the Hallam Nuclear Generating Station in Nebraska and a concept demonstration organic (Santowax) cooled nuclear power unit for the Piqua Nuclear Generating Station, in Ohio as experimental demonstration projects for the Atomic Energy Commission. The Piqua reactor was a 45.5 MWe organically moderated and cooled reactor while Hallam was a liquid metal cooled reactor using metallic sodium with graphite as the moderator. Both Hallam and Piqua were beset by technical problems and operated only a few years before being permanently shut down.

On May 20, 1965, the City of Los Angeles recognized Atomics International on the occasion of the successful SNAP-10A mission
SNAP - Systems for Nuclear Auxiliary Power[edit]
Development of a compact nuclear reactor for the Systems for Nuclear Auxiliary Power (SNAP) program largely coincided with Atomic International’s Sodium Reactor Experiment effort. In the mid-1950s, Atomics International was chosen as the prime contractor to the U.S. Government for the development of the compact SNAP nuclear reactor. The number of specialized facilities located at the Santa Susana Field Laboratory rapidly increased. Following the successful 1965 launch of the SNAP 10A reactor, the U.S. Government canceled the program leaving a number of government–owned facilities at the site. In 1966, the Liquid Metal Information Center (later renamed the Energy Technology Engineering Center) was established by the U. S. Department of Energy as their center of liquid metal-related research. The ETEC reused many of the buildings formerly used in the SNAP program.

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2014, 10:53:43 am »
My local NPP spent fuel pool is filled with nuke waste 9 times over design capacity.

That is pretty much the situation in the 100 NPPs across the United States.

I'm thinking its being stored up for the Apocalypse.  

In the comments of this article it looks like folks understand this is a western zionist british construction.

It seems like thorium, a naturally-occurring, slightly radioactive metal discovered in 1828 by the Swedish chemist Jons Jakob Berzelius, could provide the world with an ultra-safe, ultra-cheap source of nuclear power.

http://lisaleaks.com/2012/10/18/thorium-nuclear-power-and-peace/

Scores of thorium boosters gathered in the United Kingdom to launch a new advocacy organization, the Weinberg Foundation, which plans to push the promise of thorium nuclear energy into the mainstream political discussion of clean energy and climate change. The message they’re sending is that thorium is the anti-dote to the world’s most pressing energy and environmental challenges.

So what is the big deal about thorium? In 2006, writing in the magazine Cosmos, Tim Dean summarized perhaps the most optimistic scenario for what a Thorium-powered nuclear world would be like:

http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/features/new-age-nuclear/

What if we could build a nuclear reactor that offered no possibility of a meltdown, generated its power inexpensively, created no weapons-grade by-products, and burnt up existing high-level waste as well as old nuclear weapon stockpiles? And what if the waste produced by such a reactor was radioactive for a mere few hundred years rather than tens of thousands?
It may sound too good to be true, but such a reactor is indeed possible, and a number of teams around the world are now working to make it a reality.
What makes this incredible reactor so different is its fuel source: thorium.
A clutch of companies and countries are aggressively pursuing Dean’s dream of a thorium-powered world.

Laws against Thorium prevent Rare Earth industry from happening in North America

http://thoriummsr.com/2012/08/laws-against-thorium-prevent-rare-earth-industry-from-happening-in-north-america/

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2014, 12:05:07 pm »
This guy is telling the deal. Our nuke program is weaponized. Sold us on Atoms for Peace . Communist Environmentals turn it into Bombs for their Spread of Democracy.

Kirk Sorensen's Tech Talk, delivered at Google on July 20, 2009.

Energy From Thorium: A Nuclear Waste Burning Liquid Salt Thorium Reactor

GoogleTechTalks GoogleTechTalks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZR0UKxNPh8

Successfully developing a liquid-fluoride thorium reactor (LFTR) would essentially solve our planets energy problems for thousands of years, because it would allow us to fully utilize the energy in natural thorium, which makes up 0.0012% of the Earths crust. Most of the research and development work for this technology was done by Oak Ridge National Labs back in the 50s and 60s. They were working to a different set of overall objectives, nevertheless, there are many lessons to be gleaned from their work that can help us to avoid pitfalls and develop LFTR into a high-performance, high-reliability power supply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZR0UKxNPh8

David LeBlanc - Molten Salt Reactor Designs, Options & Outlook @ TEAC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-BXg18fAIk#t=258

Single fluid molten salt nuclear breeder reactor
US Patent 3743577 A

http://www.google.fr/patents/US3743577?hl=fr

SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION A molten-salt-fueled graphite-moderated breeder reactor is provided wherein a single salt mixture containing both fissile and fertile material serves as both fuel and blanket fluid. The reactor is divided into core and blanket regions which are distinguished by the degree of neutron moderation provided therein. The degree of neutron modcration in the core and blanket regions may be varied by varying the volume fraction of salt mixture present in each region, by varying the density of the graphite moderator in each region, or by a combination of the two methods. The composition of the salt mixture and the neutron moderation provided in each region are selected so that neutron absorption by the fissile material predominates in the core and absorption of neutrons by the fertile material predominates in the blanket region. Sufficient moderation is provided to cause a predominantly thermal neutron spectrum to exist in the core region and a less thermal neutron spectrum to exist in the blanket region. The ditfering neutron spectrums associated with the two regions cause neutron absorption by the fissile material to predominate in the core and neutron absorption by the fertile material to predominate in the blanket region, even though the composition of the salt mixture in both regions is the same. Such an arrangement obviates the need to physically separate the two fluids as in previous Z-fluid designs.

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2014, 07:51:13 pm »
I think this requires more investigation.

Thanks jerryweaver!! Especially the image of the car, it really brings it home with this post and the future for sure!

World Thorium Fuel - Cadillac concept car - Thorium is as common in the earth's crust as tin and is not fissile the same way Uranium and Plutonium are, and poses less threat to create a weapon of mass destruction. Instead the Thorium is used to power programs of batch instruction that function as the vehicles nervous system. When discussing the safety of actiniod fuel sources it is important to consider the annual US health bill that results from the burning of hydrocarbon fuel (look it up- it's scary).

World Thorium Fuel Vehicle
by Loren Kulesus

http://www.coroflot.com/lorenipsum/world-thorium-fuel-vehicle

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_energy95.htm

It's Not Green
Not Viable
and Not The Answer to Our Energy Problems

They say it can power a vehicle to run cleanly for 100 years with one fueling. They say the technology is safe, intrinsically proven and produces no high-level waste.

Scientists all over the world are chiming in on thorium as the next viable and alternative energy source to uranium. However, thorium still represents a very large threat to the planet whose problems over current nuclear systems exist only in details.

It is not eco-friendly by any stretch of the imagination, although it is being promoted as such to nations around the world. It's not renewable, green or clean and definitely not the answer to the world's energy crisis as scientists around the world are deceptively claiming.

Due to its extreme density, thorium is being highlighted for its potential to produce tremendous amounts of heat.

Many companies have been experimenting with small bits of thorium, creating lasers that heat water, producing steam which can power a mini turbines.

According to CEO Charles Stevens from Laser Power Systems (LPS) from Connecticut, USA, just one gram of the substance yields more energy than 7,396 gallons (28,000 L) of gasoline and 8 grams would power the typical car for a century.

The idea of using thorium is not new. In 2009, Loren Kulesus designed the Cadillac World Thorium Fuel Concept Car.

Nuclear Waste
Claim: LFTRs produce far less nuclear waste than conventional solid fuel reactors.

Response: LFTRs are theoretically capable of a high fuel burn-up rate, but while this may indeed reduce the volume of waste, the waste is more radioactive due to the higher volume of radioactive fission products. The continuous fuel reprocessing that is characteristic of LFTRs will also produce hazardous chemical and radioactive waste streams, and releases to the environment will be unavoidable.

Claim: Liquid fluoride thorium reactors generate no high-level waste material.

Response: This claim, although made in the report from the House of Lords, has no basis in fact. High-level waste is an unavoidable product of nuclear fission. Spent fuel from any LFTR will be intensely radioactive and constitute high level waste. The reactor itself, at the end of its lifetime, will constitute high level waste.

Claim: the waste from LFTRs contains very few long-lived isotopes, in particular transuranic actinides such as plutonium.

Response: the thorium fuel cycle does indeed produce very low volumes of plutonium and other long-lived actinides so long as only thorium and 233U are used as fuel. However, the waste contains many radioactive fission products and will remain dangerous for many hundreds of years. A particular hazard is the production of 232U, with its highly radio-toxic decay chain.

Claim: LFTRs can 'burn up' high level waste from conventional nuclear reactors, and stockpiles of plutonium.

Response: if LFTRs are used to 'burn up' waste from conventional reactors, their fuel now comprises 238U, 235U, 239Pu, 240Pu and other actinides. Operated in this way, what is now a mixed-fuel molten salt reactor will breed plutonium (from 238U) and other long lived actinides, perpetuating the plutonium cycle.

Offline Lisa Haven

• Reality Of Christ
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 01:02:56 pm »
jerryweaver- Thanks for the links, there's a few, but I'll go through it. :) Thanks!

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 06:58:13 am »
Thorium Nuclear Information Resources

http://kevinmeyerson.wordpress.com/2012/04/26/thorium-nuclear-information-resources/

In reality, the thorium nuclear fuel cycle has been under development since the very early days of the nuclear industry. India, for example, has spent decades trying to commercialize it, and has failed. The US, Russia, Germany, and many others tried and failed as well. At best, thorium based nuclear power generation may be commercialized in a few decades.

Offline Lisa Haven

• Reality Of Christ
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 03:09:11 pm »
I'll say this! They defiantly have a reason for what they do.