Author Topic: Humans vs. Robots?  (Read 8465 times)

Offline iamc2

Humans vs. Robots?
« on: May 06, 2014, 06:16:22 pm »
 Human beings have been making, and manipulating Robots from the time of the Industrial Revolution [about the 1890's).

Now: in 2014; and when you [as an individual person] think this game through: It does seem the Robots run us  ::)!

WHY?   do I make this proclamation?

Because it is true!

Everything on earth, today, is done with Robots, from your car to your home: and most often your 'Smart Phone  ???!'

Only; if , you are off the grid/or/native to the area/well/then/you/as/I/are/in/the/land/of/Robots!.com.its'/here/already/hope/we/can/win

[Side Note: 'Technology will run rampant in the final days: and ya' all can bet on that  ;)' ]
"When the Truth was murdered:
Common Sense ran away..."

Offline BlackRoses

Re: Humans vs. Robots?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 07:09:32 pm »
[Side Note: 'Technology will run rampant in the final days: and ya' all can bet on that  ;)' ]

I've said before I don't mind the things that will genuinely help people. That's totally different imo than the stuff that they'll cloak under "this will help you" when really it'll be used to terrorize you or make you obsolete. Anyway, I wanted to comment on your last comment. The stuff I'm thinking probably won't even compare to the *hit coming down the pipe line. So yeah, I agree with your comment.

Offline iamc2

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 06:08:25 pm »
I've said before I don't mind the things that will genuinely help people. That's totally different imo than the stuff that they'll cloak under "this will help you" when really it'll be used to terrorize you or make you obsolete. Anyway, I wanted to comment on your last comment. The stuff I'm thinking probably won't even compare to the *hit coming down the pipe line. So yeah, I agree with your comment.
The technology man has come to understand :can be used for good: but we have already made ROBOTS that practically run our lives!

I agree with you my friend; That maybe to much: IS! TOO MUCH--- ;)

I, as a man, will never let the Robots run my life: as we all have the power to SHUT THEM OFF..!

Offline BlackRoses

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 08:26:29 pm »
The technology man has come to understand :can be used for good: but we have already made ROBOTS that practically run our lives!

I agree with you my friend; That maybe to much: IS! TOO MUCH--- ;)

I, as a man, will never let the Robots run my life: as we all have the power to SHUT THEM OFF..!

Those are the ones I worry about the most because they're that controlled. This isn't a spin. A lot of people do let these machines run their lives. A couple of examples I think of involve cell phones. I remember reading articles about people "sleep texting". They'd be asleep, phone next to them and they'd just be sending out random gibberish texts in their sleep. Or think about the ones that are with other people and they stick their nose up to their phone and basically blowing off everybody else. We keep going down this road, what do you think will happen? They'll probably be the ones lining up for anything with no thought other than "I got the latest device! YAY!"

I was reading a magazine and I read a couple of the articles in this series: It pissed me off when I got to a section that blows off all concerns. "You just haven't had time to get used to it!"

For those that want to read the above series I'm talking about: It's in Family Circle. I hope I'm not doing anything wrong linking to this kind of stuff. Please let me know and I'll delete the links out and just include the subject titles.

http://www.familycircle.com/family-fun/technology/your-future-car/

http://www.familycircle.com/family-fun/technology/your-future-body/

http://www.familycircle.com/family-fun/technology/your-future-home/

Offline iamc2

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 07:26:25 am »
Those are the ones I worry about the most because they're that controlled. This isn't a spin. A lot of people do let these machines run their lives. A couple of examples I think of involve cell phones. I remember reading articles about people "sleep texting". They'd be asleep, phone next to them and they'd just be sending out random gibberish texts in their sleep. Or think about the ones that are with other people and they stick their nose up to their phone and basically blowing off everybody else. We keep going down this road, what do you think will happen? They'll probably be the ones lining up for anything with no thought other than "I got the latest device! YAY!"

I was reading a magazine and I read a couple of the articles in this series: It pissed me off when I got to a section that blows off all concerns. "You just haven't had time to get used to it!"

For those that want to read the above series I'm talking about: It's in Family Circle. I hope I'm not doing anything wrong linking to this kind of stuff. Please let me know and I'll delete the links out and just include the subject titles.

http://www.familycircle.com/family-fun/technology/your-future-car/

http://www.familycircle.com/family-fun/technology/your-future-body/

http://www.familycircle.com/family-fun/technology/your-future-home/
You are Spot On Mate!

The more we depend on Robots: Then the less Human, we are!  Sad: But: True!

Offline iamc2

Those who believe the Robots will conquer are MORONS!
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 10:48:45 am »
 Robots can NOT THINK on their own!

All is programed into the MACHINE!

Robots will never take GODS' Greatest Creation: Mankind: and let Unthinking and Unloving Machines take over planet earth!

Those who believe the Robots will conquer are MORONS! now stick that into your computer program---in my parlance: 'Up your arses robots!'  :D and to the humans that think robots will take over---NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 10:58:21 am »

That's a pretty arrogant thing to say in light of all the articles I've posted -- many of them from prisonplanet.com -- providing facts and evidence that point in precisely the opposite direction.
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline poncho

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 11:08:17 am »
It's not so much that robots are going to take over and rule us.  That is not the threat.
It's that they are displacing jobs.  That is happening.

For example, remember Blockbuster.  Your local corporate business that employed people to rent you movies?  Gone, displaced by a robot, aka Red Box.  How many thousands of jobs was that?   Those jobs are never coming back.  Nothing can provide local movie rentals cheaper than RedBox, it's here to stay. (Not so much that brand name Red Box, but the concept of an automated delivery system.)

Most corporations are thinking along these lines.  Humans are being replaced by machines all the time.  

Even Governments are in on it.  I think I read recently that the US Army intends for one third of all soldiers are going to be robotic machines by the year 2030.  More jobs lost.  Even scarier is how impossible it will be for the average person to fight machines in the future. This is even more so, with the push for gun confiscation. Humans with baseball bats vs robots with machine guns...  Yikes.

No, we have to fear 2 things from this.
1) There will be very little jobs for most of us.   Aka we have no purpose anymore, we have become "useless eaters."
2) Those in charge of the Robots, aka the wealthy owners, and their intentions towards the rest of us.

EvadingGrid

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 11:19:56 am »
I would not define a 13 yr old boy as intelligent.  :o  ;D

Offline poncho

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 11:31:51 am »
I would not define a 13 yr old boy as intelligent.  :o  ;D

While, I'm skeptical of this arbitrary number of fooling one third of the people, you must admit that a milestone has been reached.

And it's not so much that AI has achieved the smarts of a 13 year old. Which offhandedly seems not so impressive. 

It's that you have to realize that having a computer pretend to be a 35 year old stuffy doctor (or any expert - see the topic "expert systems") is a much easier goal to attain.  That is as long as you don't have the computer act like a human at all, but instead act as simply a knowledge expert.  And they achieved that threshold a long time ago.

Achieving a believable, 13 year old personality is impressive.  It is very close to human like.  How long before they have a computer that can act as a 45 year old doctor with the medical knowledge and the personality too?

Offline iamc2

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 04:18:57 pm »
That's a pretty arrogant thing to say in light of all the articles I've posted -- many of them from prisonplanet.com -- providing facts and evidence that point in precisely the opposite direction.
The evidence points to The Word of GOD: which is the Bible; and The Word of GOD does NOT put robots in control.

and to be honest I am not "Arrogant."

You sir are not the full truth; and Alex is not a god! and all the info on earth does not trump The Word of GOD!

Offline iamc2

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 04:24:36 pm »
Robots vs. Humans?

NO CONTEST!

We created them and we can destroy them---the robots always lose---in the game of life---because the robots are not alive!

what is hard to understand for the humans that created the robots?

I know now that I am living in the Land of Morons, that believe robots will take over!

Those who think this way are robots: brainwashed by the NWO!

Offline BlackRoses

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 07:20:15 pm »
I just feel like this is just another subject that fits into the file of people saying and thinking: "That'll never happen. Not all the way!" It's hard to even argue that people will stand up against this sort of stuff. "It's cool until it replaces me, my job and then it dawns on me that this really isn't cool, etc." See what I'm getting at?

Offline iamc2

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 07:32:09 pm »
I just feel like this is just another subject that fits into the file of people saying and thinking: "That'll never happen. Not all the way!" It's hard to even argue that people will stand up against this sort of stuff. "It's cool until it replaces me, my job and then it dawns on me that this really isn't cool, etc." See what I'm getting at?
Yes I can see where you are getting at! and the answer is: 'robots will never take over the planet: they are just in the program to let humans fall more than we already have!

Robots are everywhere: and this is a fact: NOW; we as humans can just TURN Them Off: but will we?

Offline poncho

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 01:36:02 pm »
Yes I can see where you are getting at! and the answer is: 'robots will never take over the planet: they are just in the program to let humans fall more than we already have!

Robots are everywhere: and this is a fact: NOW; we as humans can just TURN Them Off: but will we?

The problem iamc2, is that you are not in a position to turn them off...

Do you trust those that have the power to turn them off... I hope not.

Offline iamc2

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 06:06:09 pm »
The problem iamc2, is that you are not in a position to turn them off...

Do you trust those that have the power to turn them off... I hope not.
Do I trust robots? NOPE! are robots everywhere? YES!

and YES I can turn off robots with the touch of a button! just a the tic on the keyboard.... ;)

How long could you live without technology: in the woods?

Offline Truthseeker93

• "From the darkness we fight the darkness"
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 03:57:32 pm »
It will only get worse. To the point where we will be completely imprisoned. We gotta do something now! but what?!
"From the darkness we fight the darkness"