Author Topic: Byzantine Empire  (Read 7293 times)

Offline Al Bundy

Offline Al Bundy

Re: Byzantine Empire
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 11:58:43 am »
The Byzantine Empire lasted exactly 1123 years and 18 days, 11 May 330 to 29 May in 1453. year, from solemn proclamation as Emperor Constantine the Great performed the consecration of the city as the "New Rome of Constantinople" by the Turkish conquest under Sultan Mehmed II the Conqueror.

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 12:27:42 pm »
The history there is interesting. Especially since it lead up to the Great Schizm.

Today, the geography of Yugoslavia represents that split. Croatia is still linked to Rome. While Serbia has linked to the Eastern Orthodox Church. Bosnia represents a mixture of culture to include leftovers from the Ottoman Empire and geographically cuts right up the middle between East and West.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 02:33:51 pm »
The history there is interesting. Especially since it lead up to the Great Schizm.

Today, the geography of Yugoslavia represents that split. Croatia is still linked to Rome. While Serbia has linked to the Eastern Orthodox Church. Bosnia represents a mixture of culture to include leftovers from the Ottoman Empire and geographically cuts right up the middle between East and West.

According the last population census last year in Bosnia and Herzegovina : Muslims 54%, Serbs ( Orthodox Christians ) 32,5 % and Croats ( Romancatholics ) 11,5%.
This population census organized by Agency for statistiscs of BH and supported by European Union.

Offline Joe Stirling

• Veteran victim of Freemasonry
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 03:44:12 am »
According the last population census last year in Bosnia and Herzegovina : Muslims 54%, Serbs ( Orthodox Christians ) 32,5 % and Croats ( Romancatholics ) 11,5%.
This population census organized by Agency for statistiscs of BH and supported by European Union.

Masonic donkeys only eat masonic carrots  ;D
Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119, Yahweh's Word/Law (YHWH)

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 01:42:27 pm »
Masonic donkeys only eat masonic carrots  ;D

Joe, I don`t get it  ???

Offline Joe Stirling

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 03:55:36 am »
Joe, I don`t get it  ???

What is your personal opinion about the criminal, murdering, drug dealing, pedophile freemasons?
Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119, Yahweh's Word/Law (YHWH)

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 04:21:05 am »
Јое, аlthough a lot of great people in our nation's history were the members of the Lodge, I don`t like freemasons.

Offline Joe Stirling

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 04:29:18 am »
Јое, аlthough a lot of great people in our nation's history were the members of the Lodge, I don`t like freemasons.

Perhaps you should have said "perceived" great people. There is no such thing as a good mason, if there was, they would expose or reject their bad brothers. Why do all masons hide?

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 05:24:43 am »
I do not think so,Joe. 
Vuk Karadzic.That name you surely do not mean much. But that freemason reformed our letter, language and translated the Bible into Serbian language! Language spoken by the common people. Great scientist dr Michael Pupin who came from Serbia to the U.S. and became a great inventor. And many more ...
Why the Masons are hiding? Because they are no good.

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 08:24:34 am »
Let`s go back to topic.
On this day 1206, Crusaders lead by Pope Innocent III demolished and plunder Constantinople!

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 07:15:01 pm »
Brilliant documentary of British archeologist John Romer about East Roman Empire>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASGvE_A3wB0http://

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2015, 06:19:52 pm »
On this day 565 in Constantinople (now Istanbul, Turkey) died Byzantine Emperor Justinian I "the Great" (83).

On the right and below is the church of Hagia Sophia (Sophia as in Theia Sophia - the Holy Spirit of the Trinity) in Istanbul, built by Justinian on the site of Constantine's grand church which was burned down in the riots of 532.  The task was carried out by over ten thousand workers and teams of hunter gatherers scouring the sites of ancient Asia Minor such as the Temple of Artarmis at Ephesus  for "spare" columns (which partly explains why this, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, now has only one column left).

The work took just six years, and was celebrated by an opening feast (or sacrifice as they called it) of 100 Oxen,  600 Stags, 1,000 Pigs, 6,000 Sheep, 10,000 Hens, and 10,000 Roosters.  The mosaic above shows Justinian giving a model of the church to the Virgin Mary, a representation common in churches throughout the middle ages.

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2016, 01:59:48 pm »
On this day in 536 AD Byzantine general Flavius Belisarius frees Rome. Ostrogoths fled to the north of Italy.

Source: French historian Prof. Charles Diehl "Histoire de l'empire byzantin" ( "History of the Byzantine Empire"). From 1920.

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2017, 10:46:15 am »
On this day in 1042 in Constantinople (now Istanbul, Turkey)
Byzantine Empress Zoe, the legitimate representative of the Macedonian dynasty, married for the third time!. This time the nobleman Constantine IX Monomakh.

Constantine IX was the third marriage also?