Author Topic: Energy ideas  (Read 8908 times)

Offline Petra

Energy ideas
« on: January 15, 2014, 03:00:12 pm »
We know that there's an awful lot of energy in the space around us that isn't being used. Even if we don't take into consideration the energy in the universe itself or the magnetic field of the Earth, every radio and TV station is putting out enormous amounts of energy, energy is lost from wires and appliances, etc. With the correct application we should be able to reuse most of that "wasted" energy.

I suspect there are a lot of people out there with ideas for power generation that aren't being utilized. I'd like to start a brainstorming session. Just ideas. If you don't believe something will work, please provide a countering idea or an extension that might make it work rather than a refutation. Brainstorming is not about limiting options, and every "wrong" idea has seeds of something that be useful.

Offline Petra

Re: Energy ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 03:33:48 pm »
So mine:

1   Why don't we use the AC component in a DC battery? DC runs about .48 of AC, so why not use it?

2   If you put a dead battery in front of a living battery in a flashlight, it will go between 2 and 7 times as long as it is designed. Light output is less (I have no way of measuring how much, but it doesn't make a significant difference). I used a flashlight designed to run for 30 hours on 2 AA batteries. The max time was 280 hours, averaged around 170. On those tests that didn't go more than 30 hours, the "lead" battery had gone negative. I don't know why this works. Any ideas?

Offline Highland

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 06:47:14 am »

Solar panels work great. Just need a way to store the extra unused energy for when you need it. Seems like we already have something or something has been overlooked such as fuel cells etc.

The dry pile battery apparently always puts out a small amount of energy.

A book on the history of Perpetual Motion Machines showed photos of "genuine" perpetual motion devices based on the Dry Pile. DuLuc's version was composed of two series-connected Dry Piles operating a pendulum electrostatic motor of the "Franklin's Bell" type. The drypile stacks were of the 3-glass-rod variety, and had been insulated by dipping in liquid sulfur (no plastics in 1806!) The device in the book is owned by Dr. A.J. Croft of Oxford's Clarendon Lab. At the time of publication of the book, this device had been tinkling away for over a century, and the owner of the device mentioned that the clapper-bead was starting to take on a distinct hourglass shape, and may need to be replaced in the next few centuries! A second device by Zamboni was a perpetually rotating "Franklin's wheel" electrostatic motor powered by two dry piles. Zamboni experimented with drypile-powered clocks in the early 1800s.

Dry piles found commercial use as the power supplies of electrostatic voltmeters (quadrant electrometers), and in infrared converter "night vision" scopes used in World War II.

http://amasci.com/emotor/duluc.html

Offline southoz

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 02:06:27 pm »
I have made a engine that works with rare earth magnets and gravity to run at about 1000 rpm (currently using a 9.6 volt rechargeable battery as it's power source) . atm I creating a generator that connects into the unit that will power it . the engine has enough power output to run a home 1.5 to 2kw per hour generator . the engine only heats up in one single spot and the home made coils i'v designed .

Offline Owais

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 01:00:46 am »
Great energy idea i am very glad due to this idea science has reached at success.

Offline Truthseeker93

• "From the darkness we fight the darkness"
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 04:34:03 pm »
A now upcoming energy trend is liquid natural gas. This combined with the new trend of shale gas could change the energy market significantly.  It is also much cleaner than oil.
"From the darkness we fight the darkness"