Author Topic: New Windmill Design  (Read 5687 times)

Offline iskdude57

New Windmill Design
« on: November 22, 2012, 12:39:20 pm »

Offline Letsbereal

• Know Thyself
Re: New Windmill Design
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 03:34:13 pm »
Very interesting indeed.

If we go back to the old scientists between the two great wars we will discover many other interesting things like anti-gravity.

We totally went the wrong way with Einsteins theories and people in black projects realized that soon and left it.

We are deliberately kept in our ignorant box with faulty science.

We never get to the stars if we keep on going on this wrong path.
->>>|:-) THE CITY INDIANS (-:|<<<-

EvadingGrid

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 03:45:58 pm »
I'm intrigued

Are the blades free rotating or are they used to collect power ?
Might be a little tricky to build !

Offline iskdude57

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 04:28:02 pm »
Yes the individual cylinders are used to collect power, I'm not really sure of the mechanism though.  It's supposed to be 11% more efficient at maximum but it's also safer and more durable at higher speeds and produces more power at lower wind speed and so is safer for birds I'd assume and can be put closer to cities and tall buildings.  Definitely worth checking out and if all of the above is true then we ought to at least start using these. 

http://www.mecaro.jp/eng/introduction.html

Here's another interesting windmill design BTW that takes the advantage of the strength and flexibility of Carbon Fiber in it's design, if I recall correctly.  It's called the sky serpent it uses multiple fans on the same shaft. 

http://www.popsci.com/node/21640

Offline iskdude57

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 04:32:14 pm »
Very interesting indeed.

If we go back to the old scientists between the two great wars we will discover many other interesting things like anti-gravity.

We totally went the wrong way with Einsteins theories and people in black projects realized that soon and left it.

We are deliberately kept in our ignorant box with faulty science.

We never get to the stars if we keep on going on this wrong path.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised.  The thing about windmill designs like these is that you would've thought that with 6+ billion people on the planet someone would've thought about this a while ago.  Of course not everyone has the resources or opportunity to carry out such ideas.  I think the idea that Einstein was totally wrong totally intriguing because Einstein's teaching is like scientific dogma today.  Maybe you're right, maybe that's why Einstein was called Time magazine's man of the century lol.  For keeping us in the dark...  You got any books you'd recommend?

Offline iskdude57

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 08:31:19 am »
Ok just to make things clear, the individual cylinders on the windmill don't directly collect power themselves but they contribute to create more torque than conventional windmills.  I'm assuming that there's some kind of transmission inside the windmill in order to spin a motor inside much faster than the windmill itself

Anyways I definitely believe that this is a much improved windmill design and if it works as advertised I think this can definitely make an impact on humanity.

Offline iskdude57

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 09:03:58 am »
So yes the windmill's cylinders are free-rotating it seems...  This would make it easier to build for us at home.  I'm just curious about the transmission and/or belt system that transforms the torque into RPM's for the motor.  That shouldn't be too hard either.  It definitely seems harder to build and probably more expensive than conventional windmills but the quiet noise and the cool design, as well as the better efficiency and durability should make it worthwhile.

Here's a conventional windmill destroyed by a failing brake system:
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfmAw1uPJrDZYkzYWa180oQJ1hNj-c6qNgJ0XBaBLeXaD82-3_DQ

This video leads me to think of something, perhaps that some sort of transmission like in a car could be applied to windmills of such an industrial size.  Think of a manual transmission car, the larger gears such as first and second gear transfer most of the power in terms of torque to the wheels in order to get the car moving from a stop.  At higher speeds the smaller gears are needed to transfer pure speed to cruise on the highway.  Perhaps something like this could be applied to windmills but the reverse relationship.  Higher, more dangerous speeds should cause a shift change to a larger gear with more torque for safety and reliability reasons.  But perhaps such a system isn't cost effective for windmills of such a size.  Or perhaps windmills should be made even larger than the one in the above video so that such a transmission would be cost-effective.  Considering how much those things cost I don't think it would be that much more to order some sort of transmission.  Of course I could be wrong, perhaps the braking systems are usually sufficient enough to get the job done, I'm no engineer though so just throwing out some thoughts.