Author Topic: Police: 1 dead, 2 injured in attack in Woolwich London "terror"  (Read 22205 times)

Offline RollyPolly

Authorities call for calm following London murder

They forget to add "We will rebuild"  ::)

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE

... strangest, most bizarre crap I have ever heard of in my life.

St. Augustine: -The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself.-

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
from drudge: PAPER: 'Islamists who slaughtered soldier are British born'...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/23/woolwich-attack-suspect-michael-adebolajo
Woolwich attack suspect identified as Michael Adebolajo

Man videoed with bloodied knives is a British-born Nigerian who converted to Islam about 10 years ago

Sandra Laville, Peter Walker and Vikram Dodd   
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 23 May 2013 09.44 EDT

Adebolajo was an ordinary British schoolboy; born in Lambeth in December 1984, he grew up in Romford, travelled to school on the bus, played football and appeared to have a lot of friends.

His family – who are of Nigerian origin — were practising Christians, attending the local church. He has two siblings; a sister and a brother. Both boys went to Marshalls Park school in Romford. At 16, Adebolajo moved to Havering sixth form college, and then at 18 attended Greenwich University, where he lived in student accommodation in 2004 and 2005.
Counter-terrorism officers and the security services are examining Adebolajo's links to the banned extremist group al-Muhajiroun. It is understood he was radicalised around 10 years ago, changing his name to Mujaahid, which means "one who engages in jihad".

Friends at his school said they knew nothing of his conversion to Islam.

The Guardian understands that both Adebolajo and the other suspect have featured in counter-terrorism investigations over the last eight years.

But it is understood that, while they were known to the police and security services, they were considered peripheral figures among the many extremists whose activities cross the radar of investigators.

Adebolajo was frequently seen in Woolwich handing out Islamist literature in the High Street.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2329470/Michael-Adebolajo-British-born-suspect-obsessed-radical-Islam-schoolboy.html
MI5 admit they KNEW about fanatics who 'slaughtered soldier':
Police raid house in Lincolnshire village as friends say British-born suspect became 'obsessed with radical Islam as schoolboy'

Suspect identified on internet forums as Michael Adebolajo
He was filmed ranting with bloodied hands shortly after the attack
Accomplice believed to be from Harold Hill, Romford

Raids carried out in Lincolnshire, Romford, Greenwich and Woolwich

Suspects in attack on a soldier are not believed to be part of a terror group
Both have been arrested and are being treated in separate hospitals after being shot by police
David Cameron: 'We will defeat violent extremism by standing together'
Radical preacher Anjem Choudhary knew one of killers and has warned of more 'lone wolf' attacks in the future

Sources: 'Adebolajo was arrested on his way to join Al Shabaab in Somalia'

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/woolwich-killer-is-named-as-michael-adebolajo-mi5-admits-both-attackers-were-known-to-them-8627618.html
The Prime Minister said every community in the land was united in condemnation of the murder. He praised the brave women who tended the body of the dead soldier and stood up to his killers.

But he said there was no reason for people to change their lives. “I’m not in favour of kneejerk responses,” he said. “One of the best ways of defeating terrorism is going about our everyday lives and that is what we shall do.”

Assistant Commissioner Simon Byrne urged Londoners to remain calm after around 50 supporters from the English Defence League threw bottles at police near the scene of the Woolwich murder last night.

He said : "The investigation into the shocking murder of a serving soldier yesterday is ongoing, and is of course a major investigation for us.

"It is only right that the ongoing investigations are allowed to take place and I would ask for Londoners help and support for us to continue. Please remain calm. London is at its best when we all come together and now is the time to do that"

He also denied reports that it took armed officers 20 minutes to reach the scene of the attack in John Wilson Street, Woolwich yesterday.

Police said the first 999 call to reports of a man being attacked in Woolwich was logged at 2.20pm. Four minutes later firearms officers were ordered to the scene following reports that the men were armed with knives and a gun.

Police said the first armed officers deployed to confront the two men 10 minutes later at 2.34pm.

Scotland Yard formally confirmed today that the victim was a serving soldier but said they were not releasing his name at the request of his family.
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline chris jones

I continue with a tad of doubt, sorry folks, I can't help it, fool me once , shame on em, fooled twice-shame on me.
 BUT:
 If this butchery was not a set up, let's face the fact the USA Gov, Brits etc are not very popular of late.
   Did people truly expect the people of these nations  genocided are to simply sit back and do nothing.
         Expect perpetual war ( the elites wet dream ) and the collateral effect, here !!!

Offline RollyPolly

That's what I was thinking - For 30 minutes these ____ had the street to themselves, No citizen took them to task, amazing.
The sheeple.

This is amazing - these two guys have just savagely murdered someone...:

It's disgusting how the British media has been crying and moaning about people not doing anything to stop these guys and I'm thinking WHAT THE HELL EXPECT YOU WANT PEOPLE TO DO WHEN THEY ARE COMPLETELY DISARMED?, Seriously? ...Hell, you can't even own a can of mace for personal protection in Britain and yet they expect people to use their barehands to take out two guys that are holding several knives and a gun?

EvadingGrid

I do not understand why nobody tackled the killers.

I know what I would have done....

Offline larsonstdoc

Really insane stuff Evading Grid. 

People day by day are becoming more like Zombies.

I remember a story we had here several years ago where a black man was run over in a part of New York City and no one came to help him for at least 10 minutes.

People have no consciouses anymore.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/23/woolwich-latest-developments-live

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/24/woolwich-attack-lee-rigby-family-grief
Woolwich attack: Lee Rigby's family tell of grief over death of 'our hero'
Stepfather says murdered soldier loved his job and adored his family, and reads out last text he sent to his mother
Sam Jones and agency
guardian.co.uk, Friday 24 May 2013 10.19 EDT   

The family of Lee Rigby have spoken of their pride in him, their grief at losing a man who "believed life was for living", and their shock that a British soldier who had served in Afghanistan should meet his death on the streets of London.

"You don't expect it to happen when he's in the UK," said his wife, Rebecca. "You think they're safe."

Mrs Rigby, who described the Royal Fusiliers drummer as a devoted father to their two-year-old son, Jack, added: "His proudest moments were serving in London on the ceremonials with the drum corps."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/may/24/bbc-channel-4-anjem-choudary
BBC and Channel 4 criticised for giving radical cleric Anjem Choudary airtime

Conservatives' Baroness Warsi and Labour's Jim Murphy hit out over interviews in wake of soldier's murder in Woolwich
Ben Dowell   
guardian.co.uk, Friday 24 May 2013 08.29 EDT   

Warsi, who is also a Foreign Office minister, said she felt "angry" about the airtime given to "one appalling man who represents nobody".

She told Sky News on Thursday: "We all have a responsibility, including the media, not to give airtime to extremist voices – idiots and nutters who speak for no one but themselves.

"The heartening thing in the midst of all this tragedy is that the British Muslim community has, with a unified, unreserved voice, condemned the killing and pledged support for our armed forces."

Her comments were made before Choudary's appearance on BBC2's Newsnight on Thursday, which also drew fire from Murphy, who criticised the decision to give airtime to the the cleric, who is banned from entering France by the nation's interior ministry.

"Banned from France but welcome on Newsnight," he wrote on Twitter. "A mistake of the BBC to invite Anjem Choudary onto the telly tonight."

On Newsnight the cleric refused to condemn the killing despite repeated requests by presenter Kirsty Wark.

He said he was "shocked" by the murder of Drummer Lee Rigby who was killed on Wednesday afternoon but pointedly refused to say he "abhorred" the attack.

Choudary, who has also appeared on a variety of news outlets since Wednesday's killing, also told the programme that he encountered one of the suspects, Michael Adebolajo, at a number of Islamist demonstrations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anjem_Choudary

Anjem Choudary (Urdu: انجم چودری‎; born 1967 in England) is a British former solicitor, and, before it was proscribed, spokesman for the Islamist group Islam4UK. He is married, has four children, and lives in Luton.

Choudary studied medicine at the University of Southampton before switching to law. He became a solicitor, and chairman of the Society of Muslim Lawyers. He later met Omar Bakri Muhammad, and the two helped form the Islamist organisation, al-Muhajiroun. The group organised several anti-Western demonstrations, including a banned protest march in London for which Choudary was summoned to appear in court. Al-Muhajiroun was a controversial organisation, which was later disbanded following the UK government's decision to ban it. Choudary was present at the launch of its intended successor, Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaah, and later helped form Al Ghurabaa, which was also banned, before he became the spokesman for Islam4UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam4UK

Islam4UK were a radical Islamist terrorist group that operated in the United Kingdom. The group was proscribed under the UK's Counter terrorism laws on 14 January 2010.[1][2][3] Before its proscription it was led by Anjem Choudary.[4]

On its website, Islam4UK described itself as having "been established by sincere Muslims as a platform to propagate the supreme Islamic ideology within the United Kingdom as a divine alternative to man-made law" to "convince the British public about the superiority of Islam, thereby changing public opinion in favour of Islam in order to transfer the authority and power to the Muslims in order to implement the Sharee’ah (in Britain)".
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

EvadingGrid

Note in England the Queen is head of state AND head of The Church of England.
This is FACT... but to listen to the media you'd never know it.  ::)

( See Henry VIII for explaination )

Offline RollyPolly

If this happened in my neighborhood I would have put down those two animals but the brits don't have that luxury. They've been disarmed and domesticated, it's very sad to see.

EvadingGrid

If this happened in my neighborhood I would have put down those two animals but the brits don't have that luxury. They've been disarmed and domesticated, it's very sad to see.

I am definitely not domesticated, nor am I disarmed.

Point is I would have done something... anything to defend life ...

Offline RollyPolly

I am definitely not domesticated, nor am I disarmed.

Point is I would have done something... anything to defend life ...

You're right, someone could have ran them over or at least made a lot of noise and scared them off and I'll take that back, not all brits are domesticated or defenseless but a majority have allowed these globalists to completely disarm them which I believe led up to what we saw the other day. I still don't think it's fair for the british media to bash people for not taking on two armed maniacs with their bare hands.

It is a sad state when you're not allowed to even own a can of pepper spray for self defense in Britain.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
Depressing YouTube comments

Was the Woolwich Attack a Hoax? (Debunked)

Paul Watson's video yesterday about disinfo surrounding the London attack has gone viral (top most popular video on YouTube!). And the comments are seriously depressing. Paul is debunking stupid theories about the event being staged with actors and there not actually being any blood, and yet a lot of the commenters aren't even reading the full title or watching 30 seconds and think he's advocating these theories. Then there are the Muslim haters who are praising the video for debunking "Muslim propaganda", not realizing that he's also exposing how our government funds terrorists and about 10 minutes in he talks about how Muslims in general aren't to blame for this and that events like these are exploited to get westerners and Muslims fighting in a clash of civilizations. Are people even capable of rational thought anymore? After reading an entire page of comments, I have lost a lot of faith in humanity.

https://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=vhtV7qkuNnk
Was the Woolwich Attack a Hoax? (Debunked)
by PrisonPlanetLive

Offline chris jones

Hey E.
             Who actualy saw this man getting hacked to peices, I missed something here. I got the part about the victim  getting hit by a car, I cant' seem to find a vid or a witness that claims to have seen this guy hacking away.
Please advise, did I miss this or what.
  Your so right about involvment, people in general have the attitude , wait for the cops, or don't get involved, it's none of our business, and to add they are terrified of gettin sued.
  To reiterate, the military base was on the same lock, the cops took 20 or so minutes to show up, they were 3-5 minutes away from the scene. One gal attemtped to help and was not attacked by this slicer even when on to have a decent conversation with him.., when the cops came why didnt taze these guys, they could have. The vid seems to come to an abrupt halt on several important moments.
  This guy was still alive when the vid was being taken, his head had not been chopped of as has been stated.               E, we don't have the whole deal do we?

Offline Stan

It's difficult to say really. I'm sure it was all quite confusing but some did offer to help. There's also the bystander effect. Something I once experienced before eventually stopping a drunk woman from repeatedly throwing herself into rush hour traffic one evening (I looked around but it felt like everyone was looking at me).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

The bystander effect is a social psychological phenomenon that refers to cases in which individuals do not offer help to a victim. The probability of help is inversely related to the number of bystanders. In other words, the greater the number of bystanders, the less likely it is that any one of them will help. Several variables help to explain why the bystander effect occurs. These variables include: ambiguity, cohesiveness and diffusion of responsibility.

Offline No2NWO

• "It's Just A Ride" ~ BH
Woolwich suspect's friend arrested after appearing on Newsnight

Man detained after claiming on television that Michael Adebolajo was tortured in Kenya and harassed by MI5 agents

A friend of one of the suspected killers of a soldier butchered in a London street was arrested by counter-terrorism officers yesterday after going on television to allege that Michael Adebolajo was tortured in Kenya and harassed by MI5 – who asked him to spy for them.

The allegations came from Abu Nusaybah, who was arrested under terrorism legislation minutes after finishing recording his interview for BBC Newsnight.

The Guardian understands that Nusaybah is connected to extremists formerly in the banned group al-Muhajiroun. Counter-terrorism officers turned up at reception at the BBC's central London headquarters as his interview was being recorded an hour before it was broadcast. The officers waited, then arrested Nusaybah as he left the BBC's headquarters.

In the interview, Abu Nusaybah in part attributed Adebolajo's radicalisation to his alleged ill-treatment in Kenya.

Nusaybah alleged that Adebolajo was arrested while studying in a village in Kenya last year. After refusing to answer questions, Adebolajo was told that he was "not in the UK" and was then, he claimed, sexually assaulted. On his return, "he became more reclined [sic], less talkative. He wasn't his bubbly self," said Nusaybah, who said that the experience further radicalised Adebolajo.

The Guardian has learned that, last year, Adebolajo went to a lawyer to complain of harassment by MI5, who are drawing criticism today for knowing about the 28-year-old but not assessing him to be a bigger terrorist threat.

He was arrested at the scene of the soldier's murder in Woolwich on Wednesday in the first terror-related death on mainland Britain since the 7 July 2005 bombings.

The Guardian also understands from Whitehall sources that they were aware that Adebolajo was detained in Kenya before being deported.

Nusaybah said he had known Adebolajo since they grew up together in Romford, Essex.

Since the attack on the soldier, Lee Rigby, on Wednesday, a total of six people have been arrested. Nusaybah's was the first under counter-terrorism laws; the rest have been detained under regular criminal laws. Nusaybah was arrested on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under the Terrorism Act 2000.

Asked about the unusual sequence of events leading to the arrest, the Metropolitan police said: "He was not arrested because of his comments on Newsnight."

The police would not say what led to his arrest, which BBC insiders said had left them shocked. Police also said he was not arrested in connection to the murder of Lee Rigby. Nusaybah's home is understood to be one of two addresses in east London being searched by officers after his arrest.

In the interview, Abu Nusaybah described how the two men became friends after meeting in Romford in 2002, before both had converted to Islam. "I used to go there to chill out with friends," he said. "One day we bumped into each other. You didn't see a lot of black guys down there, so we talked and swapped numbers." The two men converted to Islam independently in 2004. "I came into Islam in 2004 and he came in four months later," Nusaybah said.

He also confirmed that Adebolajo frequented meetings of the now-banned al-Muhajiroun group, where he listened to the preachings of extremist clerics. "He attended some of their activities, but he was an independent guy. He would float about," Nusaybah said.

Adebolajo did not want to see sharia law imposed in Britain, but thought it more sensible for someone like him to go and live in a Muslim country, according to the interviewee. "He wanted to be qualified to teach and to do fitness training. He could use that to go abroad and live in a Muslim country."

Abu Nusaybah said that he believed that Adebolajo became radicalised about six months ago. He said he saw profound changes in Adebolajo's character at that time, which he attributed to his experiences in Kenya and to events on his return to Britain. "I believe that certain events that happened to him recently had an impact in shaping the changes. He became more reclined [sic], less talkative. He wasn't his bubbly self," he said.

Adebolajo had told Nusaybah how he had gone to study in a village in Kenya when he and others were rounded up by the Kenyan army. When he was interrogated, he refused to speak. "They told him, 'You are not in the UK now.' They took his private parts and said, 'We will F you.' He told me he was physically assaulted and sexually threatened. If you looked at his face, he was holding back tears," Nusaybah said.

When Adebolajo returned to England, he was interviewed by MI5 officers and, according to Nusaybah, was planning to leave again to live in a Muslim country. "His whole concept was he wanted to live in a Muslim land because at the time he was being harassed by MI5.

"They were knocking and knocking on his door. He pretended not to be there, but then he spoke to the agent. They said, 'We just want to speak to you.' They wanted to ask him if he knew certain people," he said.

"But after him saying that he didn't know these individuals, he said they asked him if he would be interested in working for them. He was explicit in that he refused to work for them but he did confirm he didn't know the individuals."

"His word was, 'They are bugging me,'" said Nusaybah.

In a statement about the arrest, Scotland Yard said: "At around 2130 hours on Friday 24 May, a 31-year-old man was arrested in London by officers from the MPS Counter-Terrorism Command on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under the Terrorism Act 2000. The man has been taken to a south London police station, where he remains in custody. Search warrants are being executed at two residential addresses in east London."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/25/woolwich-suspect-kenya-torture
"BEAT THEM BY NEVER JOINING THEM" ~ No2NWO
Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions.

Offline RollyPolly

These globalists are either getting sloppy or more people are waking up.

Offline No2NWO

• "It's Just A Ride" ~ BH
Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK

The murder of soldier Lee Rigby has provoked a backlash of anti-Muslim anger across the UK, including the attacking of mosques, racial abuse and comments on social media.

Adam Rogers, 28, of Kingsman Street, Woolwich, has been charged by police after allegedly posting an offensive message on Facebook.

He was to appear at Brighton Magistrates' Court accused of sending an "offensive, indecent or menacing message" online.

Meanwhile, a 23-year-old woman has been charged with allegedly sending a "grossly offensive" message on Facebook, Hampshire Constabulary said.

Michaela Turner, of Lumsden Road, Southsea, was arrested at her home after a post was uploaded at 10.42pm on Wednesday. The post has since been removed.

A police spokesman said: "Following the terrorist incident in Woolwich this week, Hampshire Constabulary is working closely with local partnership groups to safeguard all members of the community.

"This includes monitoring social networking sites, and we will seek to arrest and prosecute anyone inciting hatred or violence online."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/10080300/Woolwich-attack-provokes-anti-Muslim-backlash-across-UK.html
"BEAT THEM BY NEVER JOINING THEM" ~ No2NWO
Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions.

Offline RollyPolly

Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK

The murder of soldier Lee Rigby has provoked a backlash of anti-Muslim anger across the UK, including the attacking of mosques, racial abuse and comments on social media.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/10080300/Woolwich-attack-provokes-anti-Muslim-backlash-across-UK.html

Ordo Ab Chao

Offline chris jones

From order to chaos?..OK..from chaos to order?                                             
Ordo Ab Chao

Ordo Ab Chao                  From order to chaos?.*..from chaos to order?       

Offline Monkeypox

• He Loved Big Brother
    • Monkeypox
French anti-terror soldier has throat slashed in Paris by 'man of North African origin in Woolwich copy-cat attack'

President Francois Hollande to investigate the 'theories' behind the incident
    Attack occurred in area packed with shoppers in busy area of Paris
    News of Woolwich murder has dominated French press since it happened

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2330749/French-anti-terror-soldier-throat-slashed-jihab-wearing-maniac-North-African-origin-patrol-Paris.html#ixzz2UM0WbIq9
War Is Peace - Freedom Is Slavery - Ignorance Is Strength

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."

—Thomas Jefferson

Offline RollyPolly

From order to chaos?..OK..from chaos to order?                                              Ordo Ab Chao                  From order to chaos?.*..from chaos to order?       

Radical islam and Sharia Law is a creation of the New World Order. I'm talking about the dress wearing psychos who chop off people heads, eat human hearts, rape then stone young girls and blow up themselves are all creations of the new world order to create chaos and from that chaos they plan to create order, the new world order. The middle east and most of africa has been under the clutches of NWO for decades.

From Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq to Libya they over throw progressive nations and install blood thirsty psychopaths THEN after they're done destroying these nations they turn these people loose in Europe to create chaos and from that chaos they create order, the new world order.

Ordo Ab Chao

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/25/world/europe/uk-terror-arrest/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

UK police: 3 more suspects arrested in Woolwich soldier killing 
By Laura Smith-Spark. Nima Elbagir and Erin McLaughlin, CNN
updated 8:38 PM EDT, Sat May 25, 2013

London (CNN) -- Three more people were arrested Saturday in connection with this week's grisly killing of British soldier Lee Rigby, police said.

The men were being held on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder, the Metropolitan Police said in a statement.

Police did not detail how they were allegedly tied to the killing nor did they release their identities, saying only that the men -- ages 21, 24 and 28 -- were arrested by detectives from the Counter Terrorism Command and taken to a south London police station.

Police said a Taser was used on two of the men, who "did not require hospital treatment."

British counterterrorism police arrested a man, who said he was a friend of a suspect in the Woolwich soldier killing, after he gave an interview to the BBC on Friday night, the British broadcaster said.

The man, Abu Nusaybah, was arrested on suspected terrorism offenses after telling on air how his friend had been approached by Britain's domestic intelligence service, known as MI5, according to the broadcaster.

A BBC staffer, who did not want to be named, told CNN that police were inside the BBC Broadcasting House building in central London waiting for the interview to conclude before they made the arrest.
'Al Muhajiroun connections'
A self-proclaimed former radical associate of Abu Nusaybah told CNN Terrorism Analyst Paul Cruickshank he had been a follower of the group Al-Muhajiroun, a British group of Islamic extremists virulently opposed to UK intervention in Iraq and openly supportive of al Qaeda.

The former associate -- who spoke to CNN on condition of not being named -- spent time with Nusaybah in Al-Muhajiroun study groups in Luton, a town north of London, in the years leading up to the July 7, 2005, attacks on London's transit system, he said.

At the time, Adebolajo himself was a follower of the group and attended meetings in London, according to several Al-Muhajiroun insiders, before moving away from the group two or three years ago.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/27/woolwich-attack-three-men-freed-bail
Tenth arrest over Woolwich killing
Armed police arrest a 50-year-old man in the street in Welling, south-east London, in connection with the death of Lee Rigby

Vikram Dodd and agencies
guardian.co.uk, Monday 27 May 2013 07.27 EDT

Detectives investigating the murder of soldier Lee Rigby today arrested a 50-year-old man on suspicion of conspiracy to murder.

The suspect was arrested in Upper Wickham Lane, Welling, south-east London, Scotland Yard said. An address is also being searched in south-east London.

The arrest involved armed officers and the 50-year-old man was stopped in the street. No shots were fired and the man was led away after being stopped at gunpoint around 3pm this afternoon. Police will have a maximum of 96 hours, including all possible extensions, to charge or release him.

The arrest is the tenth officers have made over the murder of Rigby, who was hacked to death in Woolwich, south-east London.

Earlier on Monday the Metropolitan police said three men who were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder in connection with the killing were released on bail.

The men – aged 21, 24 and 28 – were arrested in south-east London on Saturday, three days after the 25-year old soldier was killed. They have been bailed to return to a south London police station.

The two men arrested at the scene of the murder after being shot by police – Michael Adebolajo, 28, and Michael Adebowale, 22 – remain in custody.

Offline nrmis

Woolwich attack: MI5 'offered job to suspect'
MI5 asked Woolwich murder suspect Michael Adebolajo if he wanted to work for them about six months before the killing, a childhood friend has said.
Abu Nusaybah told BBC Newsnight his friend - one of two men arrested after Drummer Lee Rigby's murder in south-east London on Wednesday - had rejected the approach from the security service.

Link:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22664468

Offline nrmis

'Snoopers Charter Vital To Stop Attacks Like Woolwich'

Defence Secretary Phillip Hammond has told LBC 97.3 that giving intelligence agencies access to internet and email communications is vitial to prevent terrorist attacks such as the Woolwich murder last week.

Link: http://www.lbc.co.uk/snoopers-charter-vital-to-stop-attacks-like-woolwich-72737

EvadingGrid

'Snoopers Charter Vital To Stop Attacks Like Woolwich'

Link: http://www.lbc.co.uk/snoopers-charter-vital-to-stop-attacks-like-woolwich-72737

Yea, they are not going to let a 'good crisis' go to 'waste'

Disgusting aint't it !

worcesteradam

An SAS unit ‘snatched’ Woolwich terror suspect Michael Adebolajo in Kenya as he prepared to enter war-torn Somalia, the Daily Mail can reveal.

Adebolajo was flown back to the UK but then allowed to roam the streets unchecked for the next two and a half years.

The extraordinary revelation that the  28-year-old was deemed so important that Special Forces were ordered to detain him will, in the wake of the killing of Drummer Lee Rigby in Woolwich last week, raise disturbing new questions as to why he was free to roam the streets of London.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
Re: Police: 1 dead, 2 injured in attack in Woolwich London "terror"
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2014, 12:14:28 pm »
wasn't this the strangest case of mayhem , that poor man Lee Rigby ,,, rip

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/feb/26/lee-rigby-killers-michael-adebolajo-adebowale-whole-life-ruling
Michael Adebolajo gets whole-life jail term for Lee Rigby murder
Michael Adebowale is given 45-year minimum term, after sentencing is interrupted by violent scuffle in dock
Vikram Dodd   
theguardian.com, Wednesday 26 February 2014 12.18 EST

Protesters, many from far-right political organisations, demonstrate outside the Old Bailey.
Photograph: Oli Scarff/Getty Images

Violence broke out in court on Wednesday as Michael Adebolajo was sentenced to die in prison by a judge who found he had led the terrorist attack that saw the British soldier Lee Rigby "butchered" in the street.

Adebolajo, 29, was given a whole-life tariff while his accomplice Michael Adebowale, 22, who joined in "enthusiastically", was sentenced to life in prison with a 45-year minimum term.

The pair fought with security guards before they were sentenced and were bundled out of the dock at the Old Bailey in central London.

They were in the cells as their sentences were delivered by Mr Justice Sweeney, who said: "It is no exaggeration to say that what the two of you did resulted in a bloodbath."

Before they were removed, it was as the judge said they were extremists that Adebowale shouted: "That is a lie."
The judge continued, with Adebowale shouting: "You know nothing about Islam."

As the judge warned the convicted murderers to be silent, violence broke out in the dock.

Adebowale said: "I swear by Allah that America will not be safe."

At that point Adebolajo joined in, shouting "Allahu Akbhar" (God is great), and nine security guards flanking them in the dock grappled with the convicted terrorists.
A jury had found the pair guilty in December 2013. The judge had delayed sentencing until a court of appeal ruling clarified whether those convicted of the most serious murders could receive sentences meaning that they would never be released
Outside court, supporters of the British National party and the English Defence League cheered when the sentences was announced. Many held placards which read: "Restore capital punishment."

Offline Bitz

Re: Police: 1 dead, 2 injured in attack in Woolwich London "terror"
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2014, 12:24:10 pm »
Its funny how law abiding brits can't have guns let alone pepper spray BUT one of these guys had a gun.