Author Topic: Looks like Obama has been indoctrinated into the Kennedy family  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
Looks like Obama has been indoctrinated into the Kennedy family
« on: January 28, 2008, 12:04:50 pm »
live on all news stations
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Sub-X

• FEAR: False Evidence Appearing Real...
Re: Looks like Obama has been indoctrinated into the Kennedy family
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 12:08:53 pm »
Obama receiving backing of key Democrat Kennedy.
http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSHER70590720080128
Mon Jan 28, 2008

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Sen. Edward Kennedy, the Democrats' leading liberal voice, is endorsing Barack Obama for the party's presidential nomination on Monday while a new poll found Republican John McCain with a slim lead on the eve of a crucial Florida nominating contest.

Obama, who trounced fellow Sen. Hillary Clinton in South Carolina's primary on Saturday, also won the backing of Kennedy's son, U.S. Rep. Patrick Kennedy, and his niece, Caroline Kennedy, daughter of the late President John Kennedy.

On Sunday, Caroline Kennedy endorsed Obama, saying he could inspire people like her charismatic father did. Obama of Illinois would be the nation's first black president. He already is riding a crest of momentum with the win in South Carolina after losses to Clinton in New Hampshire and Nevada but the race is far from over.

The powerful, high-profile endorsement was to come at a rare rally in Washington, where both Obama and Clinton diverted on Monday to attend President George W. Bush's last State of the Union address.

Republican presidential contenders, meanwhile, crisscrossed Florida where a new Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby poll showed Sen. McCain of Arizona opening a narrow lead -- 33 percent to 30 percent -- over former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney ahead of the state's primary on Tuesday.

McCain picked up 3 percentage points after obtaining the endorsement of Florida Gov. Charlie Crist. The poll had a margin of error of 3.4 percentage points.

McCain and Romney split the last three nominating contests as Republicans and Democrats battle to represent their parties in November's presidential election. The winner will succeed Bush, whose second term ends in next January.

McCain won in South Carolina and Romney in Michigan and Nevada. The winner in Florida will gain valuable momentum heading into the February 5 "Super Tuesday" voting, when more than 20 states will have nominating contests.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani are battling for a distant third.

"We're making our stand here in Florida, and we're going to win," Giuliani, polling just 14 percent, told CBS's "Early Show."

Giuliani also brushed off the fact that polls show him trailing in his home state. "I win the primary in Florida, we'll be right back on top in a lot of these polls," he said.

Kennedy, 75, first elected to the Senate from Massachusetts in 1962, could give Obama a big boost in his battle with Clinton, a New York senator. Her husband, former President Bill Clinton, drew fire from some fellow Democrats last week for his criticism of Obama, which many saw as divisive.

Kennedy is a favorite of organized labor and other liberal advocacy groups that helped fellow Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts win the Democratic 2004 presidential nomination. His support, however, might not got over so well with more conservative voters.

There was some discord in the Kennedy family, with former Maryland Lt. Gov. Kathleen Kennedy Townsend issuing a statement on Sunday in support of Clinton, who would become the first woman president.

The daughter of former U.S. Sen. Bobby Kennedy said her brother, Bobby, and sister, Kerry, also supported the former first lady.

In Florida, Romney continued to criticize McCain's ability to handle fiscal matters and charged that an energy bill proposed by McCain and Connecticut Sen. Joseph Lieberman was "a liberal Democratic course" that would hurt the economy by raising gas prices.

"One thing we should really give Governor Romney for is he is consistent. He has consistently taken both sides on any major issue," McCain countered at a shipyard in Jacksonville.

“If you strike at,imprison,or kill us,out of our prisons or graves we will still evoke a spirit that will thwart you,and perhaps,raise a force that will destroy you! We defy you! Do your worst!”-James Connolly 1909

DARK HALF-END GAME

Offline Sub-X

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 12:20:04 pm »
Kennedy backs Obama 'for change'.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7213846.stm
Monday, 28 January 2008

Barack Obama's campaign to become the Democratic candidate for US president received a major lift with the coveted backing of Senator Edward Kennedy.
The seal of approval from the patriarch of one of America's most prominent political dynasties could give fresh momentum to Mr Obama, analysts say.

The elder statesman made his endorsement public at a rally in Washington with the Illinois senator.

Mr Kennedy had reportedly been unhappy with the tone of the Clinton campaign.

The last surviving brother of assassinated President John F Kennedy, Senator Kennedy is now expected to campaign with his son, congressman Patrick Kennedy of Rhode Island, for the man who would be the first US black president.

Heated exchange

In a prepared statement on Monday, Edward Kennedy praised Mr Obama as a "man with extraordinary gifts of leadership and character", adding: "I feel change in the air."

Nobel laureate African-American author Toni Morrison, who once dubbed Bill Clinton the "first black president", also endorsed Mr Obama on Monday.

Mr Obama, 46, decisively beat his rival, Senator Hillary Clinton, in South Carolina's party nomination battle on Saturday, after Mrs Clinton won in New Hampshire and Nevada.

Analysts say Mr Kennedys' backing appears linked to criticism that ex-President Clinton's campaigning on behalf of his wife in South Carolina may have been overly aggressive.

'Misleading statements'

Mr Kennedy and Mr Clinton had a heated telephone exchange earlier this month, according to Monday's New York Times.

The Massachusetts politician reportedly accused Mr Clinton injecting race into the campaign and complained over what he considered to be misleading statements by Mr Clinton about Mr Obama.

Both the Clintons and their allies are believed to have asked Mr Kennedy for weeks to remain neutral in the Democratic race.

After news of Mr Kennedy's backing for Mr Obama broke, the Clinton camp distributed a statement from Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, the daughter of Robert F Kennedy.

The former Maryland lieutenant governor pledged her support to Mrs Clinton.

Democratic sources told Monday's Washington Post that Edward Kennedy had been seriously considering backing Mr Obama since he won Iowa's caucuses on 3 January.

Mr Obama beat Mrs Clinton in the weekend's South Carolina primary election by 55% to 27%, with John Edwards third on 18%.

In the tally of primary and caucus contests so far, the two Democratic front-runners have each won a brace - Mr Obama at Iowa and South Carolina, while Mrs Clinton triumphed in New Hampshire and Nevada.

Analysts say the contest could extend beyond Super Tuesday next week, when two dozen states hold primary elections.

“If you strike at,imprison,or kill us,out of our prisons or graves we will still evoke a spirit that will thwart you,and perhaps,raise a force that will destroy you! We defy you! Do your worst!”-James Connolly 1909

DARK HALF-END GAME

Offline IridiumKEPfactor

The Clinton's fire back and get Rezko arrested.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 02:54:14 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/28/rezko.arrest/index.html

Story Highlights
Tony Rezko arrested at Chicago-area home

Rezko indicted on conspiracy, influence-peddling charges

Obama says he worked five hours for Rezko, bought land from him

Obama denies wrongdoing, says he returned money linked to Rezko

CHICAGO, Illinois (CNN) -- Indicted real estate developer and political fundraiser Tony Rezko, whose links to Sen. Barack Obama have brought his name into the national spotlight, was arrested Monday morning, an FBI spokesman said.

Rezko was taken into custody by the FBI at his Wilmette, Illinois, home just outside Chicago following a government motion to revoke his bond, said FBI spokesman Tom Simon.

Rezko -- whom Sen. Hillary Clinton referred to in a debate as having run a "slum landlord business" -- has pleaded not guilty to federal charges of conspiracy, influence peddling and demanding kickbacks from companies seeking Illinois state business.

Obama, speaking Sunday to ABC's "This Week," described Rezko as "a friend of mine, a supporter, who I've known for 20 years."

Rezko has contributed to the campaigns of numerous Democrats, including Obama -- though the Illinois senator has vowed to give up all funds connected to Rezko.

Obama has already given to charity more than $80,000 in campaign contributions linked to Rezko.

When asked about news reports suggesting he may have received more money than that connected to Rezko, Obama said, "What we've done is we've traced any funds that we know of that we think were connected to him. And if there any other funds that were connected to him that we're not aware of, then we will certainly return them. It's in our interest to do so."

Obama said in a debate that as an attorney he did just about five hours of work for a Rezko project. Obama has not been accused of any legal wrongdoing.

"I did make a mistake by purchasing a small strip of property from him, at a time where, at that point, he was under the cloud of a potential investigation," Obama told ABC Sunday.

Shortly after his election to the U.S. Senate, Obama bought a house for $300,000 below the asking price. The same day, Rezko's wife bought the lot next door for full price. Months later, Obama bought a sliver of the Rezko land to expand his yard.

As a state senator, Obama wrote letters supporting some Rezko deals.

Obama told ABC Sunday he has "provided all the information that's out there" about his involvement with Rezko.

Looks like the Clinton's are pulling strings and fighting even more dirty.

But isn't this the pot calling the Kettle black?

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/archives/cat_politicscorruption.html

The above photo was taken in front of the White House Christmas tree with Hillary and Clinton campaign donor Jorge Cabreras. Jorge is a convicted drug smuggler and friend of Fidel Castro. According to the New York Times, April 4, 1997, Jorge was solicited for his donation by a Democratic operative in the lobby of a hotel in Havana! The $20,000 check to the Clinton campaign came from an account linked to cocaine money. At the time the above photo was taken, Jorge had two felony convictions, but the Secret Service cleared him to enter the White House anyway.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Re: THe Clinton's fire back and get Rezko arrested.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 03:01:48 pm »
Just remember that JFK Jr was executed before challenging Hillary for Senator of NY.

Ya think this war is over?

I love it when these elitest pigs infight.

Let them destroy each other as RP rises to the top!
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 04:41:49 pm »

Looks like the Kennedy's want change.  Since 1980 there has been a Rush or Clinton in the White House.  28 years is enough!
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline Sub-X

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 05:37:50 pm »
Kennedys back Obama as Clintons play 'black' card.
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/north-america/kennedys-back-obama-as-clintons-play-black-card-1275663.html
Monday January 28 2008

Barack Obama was anointed the heir to John F Kennedy's legacy by the late president's family yesterday after a landslide victory in the Democratic primary in South Carolina.

President Kennedy's daughter Caroline endorsed the Illinois senator in an article in 'The New York Times' as he scored a two-to-one victory over Hillary Clinton in the first Democratic contest in the south.

"I have never had a president who inspired me the way people tell me that my father inspired them.

"But for the first time, I believe I have found the man who could be that president -- not just for me, but for a new generation of Americans," she wrote.

Senator Edward Kennedy, the late president's last surviving brother, was also reported to be on the verge of endorsing Mr Obama.

"I'll let Ted Kennedy speak for himself. Nobody does it better. But obviously any of the Democratic candidates would love to have Ted Kennedy's support. We have certainly actively sought it," Mr Obama said yesterday on the ABC 'This Week' television programme.

The backing of the Kennedy clan and the decisive victory in South Carolina gave Mr Obama fresh momentum heading into next week's "Super Tuesday" primaries in 22 states, offering more than 1,600 of the delegates needed to secure the party's nomination at the Democratic National Convention in late August.

Exit polls suggested, however, that the rough tactics by the Clinton camp had at least partly succeeded in pushing Mr Obama into a corner as the 'black candidate', making it harder for him to draw the white votes that he needs on February 5, when the total electorate will be more than 64pc white.

Remarks

Mrs Clinton, focusing on larger prizes such as California, New Jersey and New York, left her husband behind in South Carolina to attack Mr Obama with a string of racially tinged remarks that upset Democratic Party elders.

Even as voters went to the polls on Saturday, the former president caused more controversy by comparing Mr Obama with the Rev Jesse Jackson, the black civil rights leader who won twice in South Carolina as a Democratic presidential contender. "Jesse Jackson won South Carolina in 1984 and 1988. Jackson ran a good campaign. And Obama ran a good campaign here," Bill Clinton volunteered in answer to an unrelated question.

Mr Obama suggested that the former president was stuck in the "slash-and-burn politics" of the 1990s.

Mr Obama overwhelmed Mrs Clinton by 55pc to 27pc in what pundits called a must-win contest to stop her winning three states in a row after her victories in New Hampshire and Nevada.

John Edwards finished in third place, with 18pc, even though he was born in South Carolina and won its primary in 2004. He vowed to remain in the race "for the long haul". Democrats took heart from the record turnout of 532,000, well above the 445,000 who voted in last week's Republican primary, as a sign of a Democratic resurgence in a Republican-dominated state.

The Democratic Party, however, appears fragmented by "identity politics". Exit polls showed that the black candidate won the black vote, the white woman won the white woman's vote and the white man won the white man's vote. Blacks, who made up a slight majority of voters in the primary, voted 80pc for Mr Obama.

Mr Obama won a quarter of white votes, keeping alive his argument that he can assemble a broad Democratic coalition.

DARK HALF-END GAME

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 09:49:00 pm »
Kennedys ♥ Obama
http://static.crooksandliars.com/2008/01/kennedy.thumbnail.jpg
By: Nicole Belle @ 12:28 PM - PST   

I’m sure everyone has heard by now that Caroline Kennedy, Rep. Patrick Kennedy and Sen. Ted Kennedy have decided to endorse Barack Obama, wrapping him quite literally in the mantle of JFK’s Camelot.

Caroline Kennedy:

Over the years, I’ve been deeply moved by the people who’ve told me they wish they could feel inspired and hopeful about America the way people did when my father was president. This longing is even more profound today.  Fortunately, there is one candidate who offers that same sense of hope and inspiration and I am proud to endorse Senator Barack Obama for President.

I am happy that two of my own children are here with me, because they were the first people who made me realize that Barack Obama is the President we need. He is already inspiring all Americans, young and old, to believe in ourselves, tying that belief to our highest ideals - ideals of hope, justice, opportunity and peace – and urging us to imagine that together we can do great things.

Sen. Ted Kennedy:

Let there be no doubt: We are all committed to seeing a Democratic President in 2008.

But I believe there is one candidate who has extraordinary gifts of leadership and character, matched to the extraordinary demands of this moment in history.

He understands what Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. called the “fierce urgency of now.”

He will be a president who refuses to be trapped in the patterns of the past. He is a leader who sees the world clearly without being cynical. He is a fighter who cares passionately about the causes he believes in, without demonizing those who hold a different view.

He is tough-minded, but he also has an uncommon capacity to appeal to “the better angels of our nature.”

I am proud to stand here today and offer my help, my voice, my energy and my commitment to make Barack Obama the next President of the United States.

It’s a major coup for Barack Obama to land such glowing endorsements.