Author Topic: British Intelligence kept Nazi atrocities secret for 60 years  (Read 1648 times)

worcesteradam

British Intelligence kept Nazi atrocities secret for 60 years
« on: September 22, 2012, 03:58:32 am »
'I liked to shoot everything - women, kids... it was kind of sport'

Secret recordings made by British intelligence during the Second World War have revealed for the first time the horrific atrocities carried out by everyday German soldiers.
For years the blame for horrific war crimes, rape and genocide were laid at the hands of the SS and Hitler's right hand men but a new book details how widespread the barbarity went.
Transcripts taken from hidden microphones on prisoners of war have been collated for the disturbing book Soldaten: On Fighting, Killing and Dying: The Secret Second World War Tapes of German POWs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2206982/I-liked-shoot--women-kids--kind-sport-Secret-Nazi-tapes-reveal-ordinary-German-soldiers-responsible-war-crimes-just-SS.html

EvadingGrid

Re: British Intelligence kept Nazi atrocities secret for 60 years
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 06:12:54 am »
I doubt it was just "german soldiers" that carried out atrocities.

I have heard plenty of tales of the allies also carrying out war crimes.

Offline starvosan

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 11:57:39 am »
hidden microphones on prisoners of war
They actually put bugs on the persons of German P0Ws without their knowledge?  Did they even have such technology back then?  I guess there simply isn't any end to German war guilt. 

Translation:  Germany is morally obligated to drain its treasury to support the Euro.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 12:53:08 pm »
so why was it kept secret for 60 years - I'd heard about the microphones before... hmmm...
War - another form of democide - legalized organized murder - possibly for survival in self defense

http://www.memory-research.de/cms/files/File/BBC_History_Referenzrahmen_des_Krieges.pdf
What Nazi PoWs really thought

Scholars are scrutinising the conversations of thousands of PoWs who were bugged by the British in the Second World War - May 2009 .

A team of social psychologists and historians have launched an unprecedented investigation into the personal opinions of Second World War German
soldiers by peering into their innermost thoughts. By scrutinising millions of words’ worth of British military intelligence secret recordings of
German PoWs
, scholars are hoping to reconstruct the opinions and attitudes of the troops and airmen who fought for the Third Reich.

[ so how do we analyze all the comm data we are intercepting? oh... ]

Now, more than 60 years later, all key words and attitudes are being  ‘tagged’ and cross-referenced by the researchers in a computerised analysis of the prisoners’ opinions.
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5