Author Topic: youtube _ upload speeds ?  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Deca

• If at first you don't succeed try, try & try again
youtube _ upload speeds ?
« on: July 28, 2012, 06:00:19 pm »
I have been trying to upload youtube vidoes only to find that they start of fine for the first 1min then the upload speed dies I get 100K+ then they go to nearly zero.....and the minutes left go from say 40 mins to over 2000 mins?

i should be geting up to 1.1 meg upload and normally get 10meg download ?

11541 mins = 192 hrs to up load a 2hr video? when the other day I more or less uploaded the same in 1hr 1/2 ?????

also the above picture witch normlly takes less then  1 min took almost 10 mins to upload

hmm still waiting these screen shots were taken 5mins apart and I was waiting about 5 mins before taken the first

Offline Deca

Re: youtube _ upload speeds ?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 06:02:36 pm »
look at this shit

test on my internet connection should be getting up to 1.1 meg here it shows 0.88 megs so not far off (i was trying to upload in the background)

also this starts ok around 90-100k which i normally get if not more around 150k-300K upload to these types of sites

then look how it dies

youtube and other video hosting sites I am getting less than 1K not meg upload speeds ...this is a joke

Offline Deca

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 02:33:43 pm »
really going to have to look at this and my ISP postion on this!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwidth_throttling

Bandwidth throttling

Bandwidth throttling is the intentional slowing of internet service by an internet service provider. It is a reactive measure employed in communication networks in an apparent attempt to regulate network traffic and minimize bandwidth congestion. Bandwidth throttling can occur at different locations on the network. On a local area network (LAN), a sysadmin may employ bandwidth throttling to help limit network congestion and server crashes. On a broader level, the Internet Service Provider may use bandwidth throttling to help reduce a user's usage of bandwidth that is supplied to the local network. This can be used to actively limit a user's upload and download rates on programs such as video streaming, BitTorrent protocols and other file sharing applications, as well as even out the usage of the total bandwidth supplied across all users on the network. Bandwidth throttling is also often used in Internet applications, in order to spread a load over a wider network to reduce local network congestion, or over a number of servers to avoid overloading individual ones, and so reduce their risk of crashing, and gain additional revenue by compelling users on to more expensive pricing schemes where bandwidth is not throttled.

Offline Deca

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 01:55:27 am »
hmm my ISP do use Traffic Management but they also say they also email and give a warning when they are or I reaching/go over my "usage" but I have never had any email warning me, also I checked my account on I had a green light on my usage , also I was trying to upload throw the night out with their peak times ,I am going to monitor my internet usage far more from now on , as my upload for certain things like uploading youtube videos is severely restricted ....again I went the other day and upload the video to youtube via the library and it did it in less than an hour and works fine so there is differently something happening to my upload on my home account whether its some ISP broadband throttling or some "other" broadband restricting of my internet services I not sure at the moment but will be looking into it