Author Topic: Mitt Romney - CFR Scum  (Read 35957 times)

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
Mitt Romney - CFR Scum
« on: August 09, 2007, 04:27:26 pm »

When Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said he’d support doubling the size of the prison at Guantanamo Bay, he was trying to show voters that he’d be tough on terror. Two of his top fundraisers, however, have long supported using tactics that have been likened to torture for troubled teenagers.

As The Hill noted last week, 133 plaintiffs filed a civil suit against Romney’s Utah finance co-chair, Robert Lichfield, and his various business entities involved in residential treatment programs for adolescents. The umbrella group for his organization is the World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and Schools (WWASPS, sometimes known as WWASP) and Lichfield is its founder and is on its board of directors.

The suit alleges that teens were locked in outdoor dog cages, exercised to exhaustion, deprived of food and sleep, exposed to extreme temperatures without adequate clothing or water, severely beaten, emotionally brutalized, and sexually abused and humiliated. Some were even made to eat their own vomit.

But the link to teen abuse goes far higher up in the Romney campaign. Romney’s national finance co-chair is a man named Mel Sembler. A long time friend of the Bushes, Sembler was campaign finance chair for the Republican party during the first election of George W. Bush, and a major fundraiser for his father.

Like Lichfield, Sembler also founded a nationwide network of treatment programs for troubled youth. Known as Straight Inc., from 1976 to 1993, it variously operated nine programs in seven states. At all of Straight’s facilities, state investigators and/or civil lawsuits documented scores of abuses including teens being beaten, deprived of food and sleep for days, restrained by fellow youth for hours, bound, sexually humiliated, abused and spat upon.

According to the L.A. Times, California investigators said that at Straight teens were “subjected to unusual punishment, infliction of pain, humiliation, intimidation, ridicule, coercion, threats, mental abuse… and interference with daily living functions such as eating, sleeping and toileting.”

Through a spokesperson, Lichfield has dismissed the similar charges against WWASPS to The Hill as “ludicrous,” claiming that the teens who sued “have a long history of lying, fabricating and twisting the story around to their own benefit.”

Straight would use virtually identical language in its denials: In the 1990 L.A. Times article cited above, a Straight counselor downplayed the California investigators’ report by saying, “Some kids get very upset and lie and some parents believe them.” Both Straight and WWASPS have repeatedly called their teen participants “liars” and “manipulators” who oppose the programs because they want to continue taking drugs or engage in other bad behavior.

Curiously, however, both programs regularly admitted teens who did not actually have serious problems. In 1982, 18-year-old Fred Collins, a Virginia Tech student with excellent grades, went to visit his brother, who was in treatment for a drug problem at Straight in Orlando, Florida.

A counselor determined that he was high on marijuana because his eyes were red (this would later turn out to have been due to swimming in a pool with contacts on). He did admit to occasional marijuana use, but insisted he was not high at the time, nor was he an addict. Nonetheless, he was barraged with hours of humiliating questions, strip-searched, and held against his will for months until he managed to escape.

He won $220,000 in a lawsuit he filed against the program for false imprisonment, intentional infliction of emotional distress, assault, and battery. Ultimately, Straight would pay out millions in settlements before it finally closed. However, to this day, there are at least eight programs operating that use Straight’s methods, often in former Straight buildings operated by former Straight staff. They include: Alberta Adolescent Recovery Center (Canada), Pathway Family Center (Michigan, Indiana, Ohio), Growing Together (Florida), Possibilities Unlimited (Kentucky), SAFE (Florida), and Phoenix Institute for Adolescents (Georgia).

Sembler has never admitted to the problems with Straight's methods. In fact, when he recently served as Ambassador to Italy, he listed it among his accomplishments on his official State Department profile. Although all of the programs with the Straight name are closed, the nonprofit Straight Foundation that funded them still exists, though under a different name. It's now called the Drug Free America Foundation, and it lobbies for drug testing and in support of tougher policies in the war on drugs.

One of the plaintiffs in the current case against WWASPS, 21-year-old Chelsea Filer, spoke to me when I was researching a TV segment on the industry. She told me that she was forced to walk for miles on a track in scorching desert heat with a 35-pound sandbag on her back. “You were not allowed to scratch your face, move your fingers, lick your lips, move your eyes from the ground,” she said. When she asked for a chapstick, “They put a piece of wood in my mouth and I had to hold it there for two weeks. I was bleeding on my tongue.”

Why was Filer subject to such punishment? “I had less interest in school and more interest in boys and my mom was worried about me,” she says, explaining that her mother believed that the program was nothing more than a strict boarding school.

Because she has attention deficit disorder, Filer was unable to consistently follow the exacting rules, and repeated small violations were seen as ongoing defiance. “It broke my heart that my mom had no belief in me,” she says, describing how, because WWASPS had told her mother to dismiss complaints as “manipulation,” her mother ignored her pleas to come home.

“I’m not a bad kid,” she continued, “I never used drugs, I was never in trouble, I have no criminal record. I know my mom was worried about me—but so many times I told her that this is too much. I would gladly have gone to prison instead.”

WWASPS is linked with facilities Academy at Ivy Ridge (New York), Carolina Springs Academy (South Carolina), Cross Creek Programs (Utah), Darrington Academy (Georgia), Horizon Academy (Nevada), Majestic Ranch Academy (Utah), MidWest Academy (Iowa), Respect Camp (Mississippi), Royal Gorge Academy (Colorado), Spring Creek Lodge (Montana), and Tranquility Bay (Jamaica).

Although it has settled several lawsuits out of court, the organization has never publicly admitted wrong-doing. However, the U.S. State Department spurred Samoa to investigate its Paradise Cove program in 1998 after receiving “credible allegations of physical abuse,” including “beatings, isolation, food and water deprivation, choke-holds, kicking, punching, bondage, spraying with chemical agents, forced medication, verbal abuse and threats of further physical abuse.” Paradise Cove closed shortly thereafter. That same year, the Czech Republic forced the closure of WWASP-linked Morava Academy following employees’ allegations that teens were being abused.

The former director of the Dundee Ranch Academy Program in Costa Rica went to local authorities after seeing medical neglect and other severe abuse, although human rights abuse charges were ultimately dropped against the owner, Robert Lichfield’s brother Narvin. That program closed in 2003.

Police in Mexico have shut down three WWASP-linked facilities: Sunrise Beach (1996), Casa By The Sea (2004) and High Impact (where police videotaped the teens chained in dog cages).

In 2005, New York’s Eliot Spitzer forced WWASP to return over $1 million to the parents of Academy at Ivy Ridge students, because the school had fraudulently claimed to provide legitimate New York high school diplomas. He fined Ivy Ridge $250,000, plus $2000 in court costs. A civil suit has been filed for educational fraud in New York as well, by a different law firm.

Straight's Sembler currently heads the Scooter Libby Defense Fund, in addition to his work for Romney, and has worked tirelessly to keep the Vice President's former Chief of Staff out of prison, even after his conviction on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice. After all, if running programs that impose these kinds of "treatments" on American teenagers is not a prison-worthy offense, why should lying to a court be?

The Romney campaign is aware of the WWASP suits, and should be familiar with the Straight suits. If not, it's worth asking: Does Romney support these types of tactics for at-risk youth? Or does he take the line the organizations founded by his fundraisers take—that these dozens of lawsuits are merely from bad kids who make up lies?

Coming from the man who wants to double the size of Guantanamo, these aren't insignificant questions. If Romney doesn't believe the aggressive tactics he supports for use against enemy combatants ought to be used against troubled teens and youth drug users, he should say so, and show he means it by removing these men from his campaign.

Maia Szalavitz is author of Help At Any Cost: How the Troubled-Teen Industry Cons Parents and Hurts Kids (Riverhead, 2006) and a senior fellow at www.stats.org. Her latest book, co-written with Dr. Bruce D. Perry is The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog and Other Stories from a Child Psychiatrist's Notebook. (Basic Books, 2007).
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated

Sees Things

good find, but bad news for any mitt fans (YAAY!)

and of course.. shows him on the receiving end of money..
for the *politics of drugs and slavery*, ties to the BUSH's..

*yeah, thats one of my own mantra's nowadays because those kinds of politics have affected near everyone around me all my life (dammit!)

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Mitt Romney: Bad Choice or No Choice
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 05:33:30 am »
Romney’s Ties To Venezuela and Iran
By: Nicole Belle @ 6:36 AM - PDT    
http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/09/30/romneys-ties-to-venezuela-and-iran/

Mitt Romney's Hypocrisy on Iran Investments

Mitt Romney has been trying to court Republican voters by attacking the Governments of Venezuela and Iran and, in the case of Iran, urging divestment. It seems that Romney hasn’t been as forthcoming about his ties to Hugo Chavez and Venezuela’s oil company. [..]

Romney has also been calling for divestment from Iran. Last week it was reported that Romney had more than $250,000 invested in Iran. Just another set of flip-flops from Romney?

DylanBryson

VIDEO: Mitt Romney Flat-Out Lies About Being In The CFR
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 07:12:14 pm »

Mitt Romney Flat-Out Lies About Being A Member Of The Council On Foreign Relations

Related: CFR Stacks The Deck With Both Democrat And Republican Presidential Candidates

We Are Change LA
Friday, October 5 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjALSwmmheo

Mitt Romney recently made a media campaign stop in Long Beach, CA hosted by the Long Beach Chamber of Commerce.

During the question and answer session a woman from the Los Angeles branch of the activist organization, We Are Change, politely asked Romney if he was a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.

"Am I a member of the CFR, Council on Foreign Relations? No," Romney confidently replies. However, if you simply go to the Council on Foreign Relations website you can read his biography under the leadership and staff section. The header in your browser should read 'CFR Expert'. Mitt is clearly a member.

So why the flat-out lie regarding his membership? It's probably just because Romney doesn't want to spoil the surprises the Council On Foreign Relations has in store for the American people.

Offline Capt. Obvious

Re: VIDEO: Mitt Romney Flat-Out Lies About Being In The CFR
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 10:09:27 pm »
Oh snap. Good find

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 10:25:13 pm »
CFR / NAU & 2008 Presidential Candidates

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo5CZvD3-QM

What Presidential Candidates are part of the CFR? What are they trying to accomplish?

Fred Thompson
Rudy Giuliani
John McCain
Mitt Romney
Jim Gilmore
Newt Gingrich
Hillary Clinton
Barack Obama
John Edwards
Joe Biden
Chris Dodd
Bill Richardson

Who Opposes the CFR?
Ron Paul

Read this for yourself:
http://www.cfr.org/publication/9903/sovereignty_and_globalisation.html

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 10:36:31 pm »
Corrupt Federal Reserve - Robbing Americans Since 1913 (1/2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPU8w7Bxc0A

Corrupt Federal Reserve - Robbing Americans Since 1913 (1/2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQZ56hkKOlk

The Federal Reserve is neither Federal nor a Reserve. Owned by a corrupt group of International Bankers, it is a privately owned monopoly, largely responsible for creating America's National Debt. It is also a parasitic and unnecessary entity that literally creates American currency out of nothing and then collects interest on the backs of taxpayers for doing so.

Part 1:
Corrupt Federal Reserve - Robbing Americans Since 1913
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPU8w7Bxc0A

Part 2:
CFR - The Secret Government
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQZ56hkKOlk

1. Illegal IRS: The Unmasked deceptions of the Internal Revenue Service which is privately owned and actually operates out of "Puerto Rico", with "agents" who represent them in the US (31 Questions and Answers with legal references):
http://www.supremelaw.org/sls/31answers.htm

2. Recommended Documentary: "America: From Freedom to Fascism"

3. The Shrinking Value of the Dollar:
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001519.html

4. Many homeless Middle Class are living in their cars; from a New York Times article story on the "mobile homeless":
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/4/2/93415/04852

5. "...that plush North American lifestyle to which we've all grown accustomed has been bought on credit, and the bill is rapidly nearing its due date."
http://www.macleans.ca/topstories/world/article.jsp?content=20050307_101541_101541

6. "Former World Bank Vice President, Chief Economist and Nobel Prize winner Joseph Stiglitz has predicted a global economic crash"
http://www.propagandamatrix.com/articles/october2006/301006globalcrash.htm

7. "As the US current-account deficit rose over the past half-decade, international economists have lined up to predict doom" - J. Bradford DeLong, Professor of Economics & former Assistant US Treasury Secretary.
http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/delong28

8. "The reason we cannot accomplish this seemingly simple task of balancing currency with production is that our government does not exercise its sovereign prerogative of controlling the money supply" --Business Week: by Mark Weisbrot
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0729-02.htm

9. Creating the 'North American Union':
http://www.thenewamerican.com/artman/publish/article_4213.shtml

The Rothschilds of London and Berlin; Lazard Brothers of Paris; Israel Moses Seif of Italy; Kuhn, Loeb and Warburg of Germany; and the Lehman Brothers, Goldman Sachs and the Rockefeller families.

Additional Tags:
tyrranyofsouls tyrannyofsouls
doj Ed and Elaine Brown of Plainfield 

Offline Kregener

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 10:58:24 pm »
CFR current members:

• Madeleine Albright (former United States Secretary of State)
  • Sandy Berger (United States National Security Advisor under President Bill Clinton)
  • Michael R. Bloomberg (Current Mayor of New York City)
  • Bill Brock (former Republican United States Senator from Tennessee)
  • Tom Brokaw
  • Rick Warren
  • Edgar Bronfman (a member of the Bronfman dynasty, president of the World Jewish Congress)
  • Ethan Bronner (deputy foreign editor of The New York Times)
  • Zbigniew Brzezinski (United States National Security Advisor to President Jimmy Carter)
  • Jonathan S. Bush (healthcare CEO, son of Jonathan Bush, brother of NBC entertainment reporter Billy Bush)
  • Jimmy Carter
  • Dick Cheney
  • Warren Christopher (former United States Secretary of State)
  • Bill Clinton
  • Hillary Clinton
  • Peggy Dulany (fourth child of David Rockefeller)
  • Lawrence Eagleburger ( former United States Secretary of State under President George H. W. Bush)
  • Roger W. Ferguson, Jr.
  • Noah Feldman (academic and author)
  • Mikhail Fridman (Russian oligarch, International Advisory Board member)
  • Thomas Friedman (journalist, The New York Times)
  • Robert M. Gates (United States Secretary of Defense, former Director of Central Intelligence)
  • Leslie Gelb
  • Alan Greenspan (former Chairman of the Federal Reserve)
  • Gary Hart (former Democratic U.S. Senator representing Colorado, Council for a Livable World chairman, advisory board member for the Partnership for a Secure America)
  • Chris Heinz (Heir to the H. J. Heinz Company ketchup fortune)
  • Warren Hoge (American journalist)
  • Angelina Jolie (UN Goodwill Ambassador)[33]
  • Vernon Jordan (close advisor to President William J. Clinton)
  • Robert Kagan (cofounded Project for the New American Century)
  • John Kerry
  • Henry Kissinger
  • Irving Kristol (founder of American neoconservatism, Senior Fellow at the American Enterprise Institute)
  • Paul R. Krugman
  • John McCain
  • Paula Zahn - news media, formerly an anchor on CNN
  • John D. Negroponte (United States Deputy Secretary of State, former Director of National Intelligence, former U.S. ambassador to Honduras)
  • Stan O'Neal (Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.)
  • Henry Paulson (United States Treasury Secretary)
  • Richard Pipes (father of founder/director of Middle East Forum Daniel Pipes)
  • Norman Podhoretz (former editor-in-chief of "Commentary", senior fellow at the Hudson Institute, Project for the New American Century (PNAC) signatory)
  • Steve Poizner (California businessman and Republican politician)
  • Colin Powell (former United States Secretary of State, former National Security Advisor, former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff)
  • Charles Prince (chief executive officer of Citigroup)
  • Condoleezza Rice
  • Keith A. Ridley, IV
  • Alice Rivlin (economist, former U.S. cabinet member)
  • David Rockefeller, Jr.
  • John D. Rockefeller, IV
  • Charlie Rose
  • Karenna Gore Schiff (daughter of Al Gore)
  • Brent Scowcroft (United States National Security Advisor under Presidents Gerald Ford and George H. W. Bush)
  • George Shultz (former United States Secretary of State, former United States Secretary of the Treasury, former United States Secretary of Labor)
  • Ron Silver (actor, director, producer, cofounded the organization One Jerusalem)
  • Walter B. Slocombe (former Under Secretary of Defense for Policy)
  • George Soros
  • Jonathan Soros
  • Lesley Stahl
  • Fred Thompson
  • Paul Volcker (former Chairman of the Federal Reserve)
  • Barbara Walters
  • Steven Weinberg (American physicist)
  • John C. Whitehead (chairman of the World Trade Center Memorial Foundation, former United States Deputy Secretary of State under Ronald Reagan, former Goldman Sachs chairman)
  • Shirley Williams, Baroness Williams of Crosby (International Advisory Board member)
  • Adam Wolfensohn
  • James D. Wolfensohn (former president of the World Bank)
  • Paul Wolfowitz (former president of the World Bank, former U.S. Deputy Secretary of Defense)
  • James Woolsey (former Director of Central Intelligence and former head of the Central Intelligence Agency)
  • Robert Zoellick (President of the World Bank)

Going to church does not make you a Christian any more than going to a hospital makes you a doctor.

Stop thinking in terms of left and right and start thinking in terms of right and wrong

Offline Infoninja

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 01:24:39 am »
Awesome thread!

All of these posts were excellent!

I just sent it off to many people who need some of this....

Thanks Warriors!You rock!

Special thanks to wearechange LA.

peace

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Re: Romney’s Ties To Venezuela and Iran
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 09:46:45 pm »

Offline Capt. Obvious

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 10:01:00 pm »
Romney is for arresting wheelchair bound patients:

MITT ROMNEY ON MEDICAL MARIJUANA (LONGER VERSION)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO4zd6VEBK0

strawman, I definitely don't support Romney, but that's such a leading question. "Would you arrest a guy in a wheelchair?" First, not all laws are arrestable. Second, the people in the video tried to change "no I don't support medical use of marijuana" to "I'd arrest a guy in a wheelchair for smoking pot." C'mon.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 10:15:28 pm »
strawman, I definitely don't support Romney, but that's such a leading question. "Would you arrest a guy in a wheelchair?" First, not all laws are arrestable. Second, the people in the video tried to change "no I don't support medical use of marijuana" to "I'd arrest a guy in a wheelchair for smoking pot." C'mon.

you gotta be kidding me, look at him totally turn his back on the guy.  why did he not say, "no I would not have you arrested because the constitution gives me no such authority, but personally I am against legalizing marijuana."

The main issue is federal BS control over the marijuana laws when it is a state issue.  By not answering the softball question and then turning his back on the handicap he is saying, "you are SOL dude, besides that I am gonna fall on my sword so Giuliani gets the nomination anyway."

Dude, where have you been?

DylanBryson

I have received a message from a supposed CFR member
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 01:34:06 pm »
I have received a message from a supposed CFR member

I posted the 'Mitt Romney Lies About Being In The CFR' blurb I posted on here on the myspace news and politics forum. Today I received a message, below, from a supposed CFR member who appears to have set up a myspace profile for the CFR to specifically tell me to retract my post. I know the profile is new based on the amount of "friends" listed on it. What do you think, is this some guy just pulling my leg or could it be real? The name listed in the message is indeed a member listed on CFR.org.

http://www.myspace.com/councilonforeignrelations said:

Dear Dylan,

I have just read your blog post (http://forums.myspace.com/t/3477697.aspx?fuseaction=forums.viewthread) about Mitt Romney's biography on CFR.org. While you are correct that his bio appeared under the "Leadership and Staff" heading, Mr. Romney is not a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, nor is he a member of our staff.

That Mr. Romney's biography appeared under the Leadership and Staff heading was the product of an error by the staff working on our Campaign 2008 site (http://www.cfr.org/campaign2008/). That section of our site will eventually include bios for all the 2008 presidential candidates, but the beta versions of these bio pages appeared under the wrong heading by mistake. This problem should be corrected by tomorrow, by which time all candidate bios will appear under the Campaign 2008 heading.

I apologize for the confusion and would ask that you retract the accusation that Mr. Romney lied about his affiliation with CFR. If you have questions or concerns, you may e-mail directly at [email protected].

Thank you.

Regards,
Eben Kaplan

Offline tehowe

• Splitters, splitters!
    • Aleatoric
Re: I have received a message from a supposed CFR member
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 01:43:40 pm »
The CFR's been all over the media - why not on myspace? =P
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

Offline endevour

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 02:13:10 pm »
Tell those neo cons to F-OFF.  That could honestly just be a fake.  I wouldnt reply to it if I were you, just erase it. 
Seriously, why the f**k would they have Romney on their website if he was not related to them somehow?? 
"The 10 year old Neo-Cons must be going nutso.  Go back to Halo buttheads, we are busy saving our country!" Sane

"I do a quick search of the entire page for "paul", if it ain't there, the page is not worth the electricity." Sane

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 05:17:03 pm »
Tell those neo cons to F-OFF.  That could honestly just be a fake.  I wouldnt reply to it if I were you, just erase it. 
Seriously, why the f**k would they have Romney on their website if he was not related to them somehow?? 

hahahaha

I can't wait till one of those buttheads comes onto this board and tries to defend the information on this thread.

Council on Foreign Relations
http://www.connorboyack.com/blog/council-on-foreign-relations
Posted by Connor on October 4th, 2007

Although the formal membership in the [Council on Foreign Relations] is composed of close to 1500 of the most elite names in the worlds of government, labor, business, finance, communications, the foundations, and the academy — and despite the fact that it has staffed almost every key position of every administration since those of FDR — it is doubtful that one American in a thousand so much as recognizes the Council’s name, or that one in ten thousand can relate anything at all about its structure or purpose. (Gary Allen, via Quoty)

What is the Council on Foreign Relations? What influence does its members have on public policy? What is its origin? What is its purpose? What effect has it had on our country? These are questions that very few Americans have an answer to. The organization receives little (if any) attention from mainstream media, and thus goes undetected as its members carry out their agenda (quite successfully I might add). Mr. Allen, author of None Dare Call It Conspiracy discussed the Council’s role and effect on American policy: The policies promoted by the C.F.R. in the fields of defense and international relations become, with a regularity which defies the laws of chance, the official policies of the United States Government. As Liberal columnist Joseph Kraft, himself a member of the C.F.R., noted of the Council in the Harper’s article:

“It has been the seat of some basic government decisions, has set the context for many more, and has repeatedly served as a recruiting ground for ranking officials.” (Gary Allen, via Quoty)

How has the Council been involved in key government decisions? As cited above, members of the CFR have filled key positions in every presidential administration for the past fifty years. The list of members is quite extensive and features many prominent individuals. Notable as well are the presidential candidates who are members as well:
Hillary Clinton
Rudy Giuliani
Barack Obama
Fred Thompson
Chris Dodd
Mitt Romney
John Edwards
Joe Biden
John McCain
Bill Richardson

The notable exception: Ron Paul.

Given that so many power-wielding individuals are members of this organization, it is important that Americans understand what its objectives are: the end of sovereignty and so-called “isolationism”, and the promotion and implementation of a one-world government. A 1944 publication by the CFR serves as one of countless examples demonstrating the Council’s desire to abolish American sovereignty:

The sovereignty fetish is still so strong in the public mind, that there would appear to be little chance of winning popular assent to American membership in anything approaching a super-state organization. Much will depend on the kind of approach which is used in further popular education. (American Public Opinion and Postwar Security Commitments (New York: CFR, 1944), p. 4)

Lest the reader be inclined to believe that the CFR’s goals have “softened” or changed in recent decades, the following quotes by the current President of the CFR are offered to show that they are still on course:

…states must be prepared to cede some sovereignty to world bodies if the international system is to function.

Globalisation thus implies that sovereignty is not only becoming weaker in reality, but that it needs to become weaker. States would be wise to weaken sovereignty in order to protect themselves, because they cannot insulate themselves from what goes on elsewhere. Sovereignty is no longer a sanctuary. (Richard N. Haass, “Sovereignty and Globalisation”, February 17, 2006)

Some have been even more blunt in stating their desires:

We shall have world government whether or not you like it, by conquest or consent. (CFR member James Warburg, via Quoty)

There are numerous facts documenting the pervasive influence on policy—both foreign and domestic—by this organization. Those who spurn this simple truth, deciding to live in the relative comfort and apathy that the Matrix provides them, will one day wonder how we arrived at world government without any mention in the media or public outcry. It’s imperative that we each take the red pill and refuse to remain in ignorance. We must shun any political elitist claiming membership in this organization, for all those subscribed are in opposition to the Constitution and American republicanism. We must reject any secretive, globalist agenda that circumvents public representation and the will of “We the People”. Rest assured, any CFR member elected to be our President will stack his/her cabinet with other CFR members who will think and act likewise, slowly sidestepping the Constitution and eroding our national sovereignty. Do you wish to prevent such an occurrence? Then vote for Ron Paul, the only champion of the Constitution vying for the presidential office.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 06:17:44 pm »

Offline tehowe

• Splitters, splitters!
    • Aleatoric
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 10:12:55 pm »
haha
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Romney accused again of fixing a straw poll and this has nothing to do with RP
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2007, 08:11:22 am »
October 21, 2007
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/2007/10/contested_vote.html
Contested Vote Count: Romney v Huckabee

Immediately after Tony Perkins announced the result of the FRC Action straw poll, in which Mitt Romney edged Mike Huckabee by 30 votes out of 5,775 cast, Huckabee boosters cried foul – and reporters peppered Perkins with questions about the legitimacy of the poll.Turns out that Huckabee won a majority of the votes cast in person at the Values Voter Summit, 51 percent, and Romney only took 10 percent. Some unknown number of votes were cast online by people who also attended. But other votes were cast anytime online between August and Saturday. That’s how Ron Paul showed up in third place with 865 votes even though he was picked by only 25 in-person voters. Huckabee’s clear victory in the in-person vote wasn’t much of a surprise if you experienced the rapturous reception Huckabee received on Saturday morning. Huckabee’s speech was non-stop Religious Right prime red meat and he had people cheering and hollering throughout. Perkins wouldn’t tell reporters who he had voted for. But it’s interesting that both Perkins and Romney talked this weekend about the three groups of conservatives a Republican candidate would have to win over to get to the White House: defense, economic, and social conservatives.

It’s not clear that Huckabee fits that bill. While he was clearly the favorite of the social conservatives at the Values Voter Summit, he has been savaged by the economic right wing, including the rabidly anti-tax Club for Growth, for his supposedly big-spending record as a governor. Unlike any of the other top-tier candidates, Huckabee had attended the Values Voter Debate in Florida a few weeks back. That event was sponsored by several of the Religious Right’s lesser lights. One of them, Janet Folger, declared after Huckabee won that event’s straw poll that God had anointed him to lead religious conservatives into the White House. At this summit, Folger was on fire after the former Arkansas governor’s Saturday morning speech, telling a reporter in the hallway that God’s hand was on Huckabee and that he was going to be the next president.
God vs. Club for Growth? Stay tuned. Posted by Peter at 10:34 AM

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Romney openly engages in FL Election Fraud
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 10:09:59 pm »
Romney supporter admits voting 8 times in St. Pete, Florida

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrAKjgRqMC8 [YouTube taken down]

A Mitt Romney supporter at the St. Petersburg GOP straw poll admits to voting 8 times. He claims to have been voting for a group of elderly people at his table. Ron Paul supporters outnumbered supporters of all other candidates by a ratio of at least 10 to 1.

ST. PETERSBURG -- Mitt Romney bought himself a victory in the straw poll for Republicans at a rain-shortened barbecue in Vinoy Park. Romney got 893 votes, besting second-place Ron Paul's 534 -- despite Paul's shuttling in supporters on a rented trolley and shuttle. The campaign had a plane sporting pro-Paul slogans and a boat touting him, too.  In fact, Paul supporters dominated the crowd, which reached an estimated 1,000 people. Tickets for votes cost $20 each.

So how did Romney do it?
"I voted 20 times," Derek Gyongzois, 38, of St. Petersburg exclaimed after casting ballots. He said he works as a volunteer for the Romney campaign (and begged a reporter not to print his 20-vote tally). Did he buy the tickets? "I don't have that kind of money," Gyongzois said. He wasn't the only person voting more than once. Paul supporter Mike Wagner, 57, of St. Petersburg: "This thing is rigged." Before rain cut short the event, Paul supporters were voting multiple times, too [ABSOLUTELY NO REFERENCE, EVIDENCE, STATEMENT FROM ANYONE BACKING UP THIS LIE!]. "This is the best election money can buy, anywhere," said Pinellas County GOP chairman Tony DiMatteo, a Rudy Giuliani supporter. Giuliani received 39 votes, followed by Mike Huckabee's 37 and Fred Thompson's 21. John McCain had 12; Duncan Hunter, 4, Alan Keyes, 2; and Tom Tancredo, 1.

Romney takes a hit
Mitt Romney played in an organized flag football game at Flora Wylie Park in St. Petersburg with his five sons, staffers, supporters and the media. Romney laced up his Mizuno running shoes and played for 10 to 15 minutes. Teammates included former state Republican chairman Al Cardenas and St. Petersburg Mayor Rick Baker. They all got pretty sweaty. "My son Matt tackled me," Romney said. "But fortunately he didn't throw me to the ground and make me eat grass."

McCain meets teens
Sen. John McCain greeted supporters at the Parkshore Grill in St. Petersburg before the debate. A good portion of the crowd included high school students invited by the McCain campaign. Devin Watson, a junior at Northside Christian School, said she became aware of McCain when she saw him as a guest on The Daily Show. Kevin Burkett, a sophomore at Northside, said he likes McCain's "prowar stance" and the fact that he's a veteran. "I think it's cowardly to cut and run," Burkett said. McCain told the teenagers that if they don't like the way the country's run they should become politically active.

Rally stays peaceful
A mishmash of activists gathered in St. Petersburg's Pioneer Park, calling for political change and participating in a straw poll. The crowd included members of 30 organizations, including the Democratic Party from Pinellas, Pasco and Hillsborough counties, Veterans for Peace, the Florida Green Party, the Libertarian Club of Pinellas and the South St. Petersburg Democratic Club. So who won? Ron Paul, whose supporters arrived in buses, crushed the field. He took 240 of the 322 votes cast. Dennis Kucinich was the closest competitor, at 26. Down the street, more than 100 homeless men and women and their supporters rallied across from the Mahaffey Theater. Later, nearly 400 people marched down First Street S carrying placards with messages such as "Jesus was homeless, too" and "Ron Paul is my homie." The homeless and their advocates, who had been rallying outside the Mahaffey since Sunday night, had predicted a showdown with police. But that confrontation never materialized.

Instant gratification department
According to a survey [What survey, who did this survey, where was it, what are they talking about?] of Republican voters who watched last night's CNN/YouTube debate, the winner was ... Mike Huckabee. The InsiderAdvantage/Majority Opinion Research/Florida Chamber of Commerce survey, in which voters participated by calling into a toll-free phone line, gathered opinions from 341 GOP voters. The margin of error is 5.25 percent. Here are the results: Huckabee: 44%; Giuliani: 18%; Romney: 13%; McCain: 10%; Thompson: 5%; Paul: 4% [Yeah Paul got less than Thompson, sure.]; Tancredo: 1%; no winner: 5%

Romney supporter votes many times in St. Pete, Florida

5 min - Nov 29, 2007 -    (13 ratings)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bRGMrPP4as

Ron Paul supporters swamp Florida straw poll

1 min - Nov 29, 2007 -    (6 ratings)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpq5rhrrCiM

Romney supporter gets multiple voting cards in St. Pete, FL

55 sec - Nov 29, 2007 -    (6 ratings)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p_9wufXUG0

Romney supporter's buy more votes

19 sec - Nov 29, 2007 -    (5 ratings)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOerHpPEMJ4

Offline gEEk squad

• You're World Delivered... to the NSA
Re: Romney openly engages in FL Election Fraud
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2007, 11:29:02 pm »
It looks like Google is already keeping this quiet. The first video Sane posted is already removed.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2007, 12:17:19 am »
It looks like Google is already keeping this quiet. The first video Sane posted is already removed.

f**kers that was the most incriminating.

I will save next time

it showed that guy revoting and revoting and revoting

they will claim he did not sign a release, but it was a public place and nobody is making any money.

these guys are so scarred it is crazy.  every second we see another 100 of their deceptions and lies.

Here are the comments from it:

jackdforrp (26 minutes ago)   
(Reply)   
Funny how these days we seem to need these expensive electronic voting machines that can be manipulated.
ybom (1 hour ago)   
  +1     
(Reply)   
Afterwards at the Palladium, I talked with a few guys that felt good about their single vote at Vinoy. After I told them what happened, they had a few words for the Pinellas County Republican Party. Oddly when I called them today, I couldn't get in touch with anyone!
sleuth51 (1 hour ago)   
  +1     
(Reply)   
Send this to John Stossel... disgracefull!
ufsparky (1 hour ago)   
(Reply)   
Thanks for the suggestion. I have just emailed John Stossel with a brief account of the happenings at the straw poll and a link to this video.
susietwotoo (1 hour ago)   
  +2     
(Reply)   
That's really disgusting. Also, it shows Mitt Romney's true character - a liar and a deceiver.

Thank goodness the Ron Paul league doesn't have to resort to cheating in order to win.

Cheaters never win. Winners never cheat. That's good news for Ron Paul for President 2008!
Oneseye (1 hour ago)   
(Reply)   
LOL..gotta love their expressions
ufsparky (1 hour ago)   
(Reply)   
I think one word describes those expressions: soulless.
bohemianowl (4 hours ago)   
(Reply)   
we had a Denver republican straw poll and romney campaign had people from out of town voting.

He won by a huge margin but the "problem" was discovered and the poll was nullified.

"Jack" Mormons are the most hypocritical religious zealots in existence.
mikemcus (5 hours ago)   
(Reply)   
ridiculous!
Th3Gearbox (5 hours ago)   
(Reply)   
thats pretty low........

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2007, 12:57:47 pm »
Romney People Voting Multiple Times in Florida Straw Poll

3 min - Nov 30, 2007 -    (4 ratings)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTixxhIF_OY

Actual Ron Paul Supporters

2 min - Nov 30, 2007 -    (5 ratings)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srEzDSQYiCE

Mitt Romney Buys Election in Florida Straw Poll

2 min - Nov 30, 2007 -    (6 ratings)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdCcGWX2SuU

Romney Staffers Voting Multiple Times in Florida Straw Poll II

1 min - Nov 30, 2007 -    (6 ratings)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJROxPSFKY4

Romney Supporter Votes Dozens of Times in Florida Straw Poll

5 min - Nov 30, 2007 -    (11 ratings)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bRGMrPP4as

Offline ED

http://njection.com/blogs/blog/archive/2007/12/03/cheating-in-fl-straw-poll-prompts-criminal-complaint.aspx

Cheating in FL straw poll prompts Criminal Complaint

Pinellas County Republican Executive Committee
Tony DiMatteo (Chairman)
[email protected]
PUBLIC NOTICE OF FORTHCOMING FELONY COMPLAINT by Ted Lee Gunderson, Private Criminal Investigator FBI Senior Special Agent in Charge (retired) Gunderson Professional Investigations This cheating (i.e., rigging) at the recent Pinellas County GOP straw poll debate by Pinellas County GOP staff, Romney's
Campaign staff and others--including his unscrupulous supporters--not only constitutes felony fraud and conspiracy, it constitutes an outrageous abuse of the public trust that must not be tolerated by the American people. Former FBI
Division Chief, Ted Gunderson, who is an ardent 'Ron Paul for President' supporter, has decided to investigate this criminal act further and file formal felony affidavits against all known and yet unknown perpetrators to this criminal conspiracy. Another felony was perpetrated when REC Chairman, Tony DiMatteo verbally threatened to ?hurt? a Ron Paul supporter; now a felony crime victim-witness.
The forthcoming felony complaints will be posted @ http://www.1-free-dvd.com and/or http://www.tedgunderson.com ...then... submitted to the a Pinellas county grand jury and  local prosecutor where the straw poll vote fraud took place and also to the federal government/Department of Justice.

Fortunately, we have the irrefutable film evidence of the villains being caught red-handed in the act of felony fraud and conspiracy-collusion to rig the outcome of this vitally important straw poll. Does Mitt Romney condone or otherwise support this kind of criminal conduct? Will he fire the culprits or at least apologize for the crimes of his dishonest staff and supporters? Now every straw poll purportedly won by Romney must be investigated for similar crimes perpetrated against Dr. Ron Paul, the other GOP candidates and the American public.Those Ron Paul supporters who retaliated by going back to vote multiple times should not have repaid "evil with evil" since they, too, are subject to felony prosecution in like manner as
the Romney conspirators. Ted Gunderson does not believe that Dr. Paul would condone multiple-ballots-voting just because the Romney gang did it first. This kind of cheating and felony fraud is outrageous, unjust, immoral, unethical and un-
American!! Felony criminal complaints are forthcoming!!! Ted Gunderson requests that everyone help us publicize these felonies and get this email out to everyone you know. Spread the word that Romney's staff and unethical GOP personnel are
engaging in outrageous felony crimes and these crooks need to be brought to justice immediately. Prison terms for these criminals will send a clear message to unrighteous Americans that this kind of felony "vote rigging" will not be tolerated!
Fellow Americans who wish to have their names added to the forthcoming felony complaint should email:
[email protected] and provide your first & last name
and complete mailing address. Just write: FELONY FRAUD
COMPLAINT in the subject line. The final criminal complaint
will be published at www.1-free-dvd.com Romney Supporters Voting More Than Once infolution wrote 17 hours ago: Romney Supporters Voting More
Than Once (Part 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8wjJieSib0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDjPY_ngxNU http://www.youtubecom/watch?v=rdCcGWX2SuU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8wjJieSib0

Source:http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=46290

Offline NEPB

• Renagade
Get them Ted. Gunderson doesn't take sh!t from nwo scum.

Offline gEEk squad

• You're World Delivered... to the NSA
There is some good reading about ol' Teddy right here:
http://educate-yourself.org/tg/

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2007, 12:57:29 pm »
Romney Supporters Seen on Video Stuffing 'Ballot Box' on Touch-Screens at Tampa GOP Straw Poll
Paul Supporters, Who Pledged to Vote Only Once Each, Cry Foul, Document Evidence on YouTube, Make Music Videos of 'Mitt Robbery'...
Straw Poll Organizer Reportedly Tells Woman: 'If you make a big deal out of this, you will get hurt'
http://www.bradblog.com/?p=5407
Blogged by Brad from the road...

"[Straw Poll organizer] Tony [DiMatteo]'s exact words on the phone to me was, 'If you make a big deal out of this, you will get hurt,'" Sofie Lefebvre said ... "At that point, I realized that there was a lot more corruption going on than we even realized before." Okay, we retract our hundreds of articles with evidence that Voter Fraud (as opposed to Election Fraud) is exceedingly rare. At least when it comes to Republicans and Florida. The St. Petersburg Times is reporting that Mitt Romney supporters stuffed the "ballot box" (actually touch-screen DRE voting machines) by voting multiple times at last week's GOP straw poll in Tampa, FL, just prior to the Republican CNN/YouTube debate. Ironically enough, the video evidence, some of it posted at the end of this article, has been posted all over YouTube. According to the Times...

Lined up at the voting machines, Paul supporters flaunted their single tickets and pledged to vote only once.  Meanwhile, some Romney supporters openly admitted to using rolls of tickets to vote multiple times. Romney won the poll with 893 votes, while Paul finished with 534. ... It was all caught on tape, and the local Paul supporters rushed to share their complaints with the rest of the world. By week's end, at least three videos hit YouTube, documenting Romney supporters - including prominent lawyer and lobbyist Fred Leonhardt - openly casting multiple votes. In one video, a Clearwater woman and Paul supporter sat on a couch and accused Pinellas County GOP chairman and straw poll organizer Tony DiMatteo of threatening bodily harm if she didn't stop complaining. "Tony's exact words on the phone to me was, 'If you make a big deal out of this, you will get hurt,'" Sofie Lefebvre said in the video. "And I was shocked. At that point, I realized that there was a lot more corruption going on than we even realized before." ... DiMatteo dismissed the incident, calling it a non-issue that he refused to discuss any further. "I've read some of those comments [angry ones, from Paul supporters accompanying several Youtube videos]," he said. "These are a bunch of people that need to get lives and don't understand what really happened here."

Granted, these GOP straw polls are phony from the get-go. The candidates buy tickets and give them out to supporters to show up and vote for them. They're fund raisers for the local Republican parties. But, theoretically, it's supposed to be one vote per ticket per person. But these are Republicans. And this is Florida. So such rules concerning voting don't much matter. (Isn't that right, Ann Coulter?) Besides, what better way to fire up the troops than by encouraging them to vote multiple times just before the upcoming primaries?! The Ron Paul supporters have put tons of videos up at YouTube on this. Here are a few of the best we came across after going through a bunch of them. You're welcome... Watch the guy in the red tie vote over and over again, in "Mitt Robbery Straw Poll Scam" Parts 1 and 2...
Brad, thank you for your efforts to expose what Republican leaders think of the principle of one vote per person and for your efforts to inform the public of the serious issues facing our country and threatening our way of life. Pinellas County Republican leaders acting this way does not surprise me. I have been dealing with some of them for years. They act just like the national Republican leadership. Bush ignores and violates the Constitution. The courts do the same, and Congress ignores its duty to remove Bush, Cheney, and judges who undermine our Constitution, who violate the law, and who lie about the facts.  There are only a few members of Congress who have even tried to stand up against the corruption which threatens the very foundation of our country. Fortunately, two of these courageous members of Congress, Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich, are running for President. However, the mainstream media (MSM) ignores them when it is not misrepresenting their positions or claiming that they have no chance. For example, CBS is doing a series of interviews with the “major” candidates, but CBS is not interviewing Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich. For an example of the amazing things that the MSM will lie about see http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5130063694565191849 It is not surprising that the Pinellas County Republican Party leaders would violate the principle of one vote per person to keep Ron Paul from winning its straw poll. The San Francisco Republican Party Straw Poll was just cancelled because its leaders saw too many Ron Paul supporters, and the leader said it would not be fair to let Ron Paul win the straw poll. See, http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0aa_1196870160 Republican leaders think fair elections are not fair!

Don’t think that it's just the Republican leadership though. After all, the leaders of both parties have failed to act to make sure that we remain a representative democracy by ensuring that our votes are counted accurately. Our leaders have refused to act in spite of the efforts of thousands of activists who are calling for election reforms. The exclusion of candidates who represent the grass roots goes on in the Democratic Party, too. In Florida, Democratic candidates who were anti-war got no support while the Democratic Party spent millions supporting former Republicans who were running as Democrats. Of course, these Democrats in name only also wanted to stay the course, keep the world safe for democracy (AKA dictators who do what we want), and fight the terrorists over there so that they won’t attack us over here.  For an example of how the Democratic Party treats a candidate who wants to restore election integrity and who wants to end the war, see http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8277764543286144839 and see John Russell’s campaign web site at http://johnrussellforcongress.com/

The leaders of both major parties are corrupt from top to bottom because they are bought and paid for by the same people who profit from war, inflation, high oil prices, and the prison industry. They do not care about our liberty or prosperity. They only care about their power and profits. Noam Chomsky, Michael Collins, and many others have been pointing this out for a very long time, but the cartel which controls the MSM has kept this from the public.  Of course, it should be obvious to anyone with half a brain, but far too many think that by ignoring the problem it will go away. How well did that work when fascists took over in Germany, Italy, Russia, and China? Did ignoring the problem protect anyone? No, it allowed millions to be tortured and killed? Do we want that to happen here to our families, friends, and children? If not, then NOW is the time that we must take a stand against those who have undermined our Constitution, our liberty, and our prosperity for far too long. We need to take back our government before it is too late.  If you don't want more of the same, get active right now. Send this to your friends, family, and contacts. Tell your neighbors. Register to vote. Vote on a paper ballots if possible. Take back control of your local party.  If there is no one running against your incumbent, then step up and run for office. Change parties to vote against or run against your incumbent if necessary. Remember, they have gerrymandered their districts so that they can usually only be beaten in the primary. Make election reform, ending the war, and restoring justice in our courts the issues that cannot be ignored any longer.

If you are still wondering whether you should act, see the following:
Naomi Wolf on The End of America
http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/177.html

Salt Lake City Mayor Rocky Anderson Calls for Action
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/28179

Mark Adams speaks at the FCC Hearing in Tampa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAni0WoI7LI

Bill Faulkner and Mark Adams speak at the Voting System Reform Rally in Tallahassee, Florida on March 21, 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrNxSzw_qvI

John Russell and Mark Adams speak at the St. Petersburg peace rally on March 17, 2007 on why we are still at war when the vast majority of Americans are against it and what you can do about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG5krR3jbhs

Mark Adams on Op Ed News about How to Take Action on Holt and Fix Our Elections
http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_mark_ada_070919_how_to_take_action_o.htm

Links to speech titled "No Justice, No Peace" given by Mark A. Adams, Esquire JD/MBA at the National Judicial Reform Conference at Rice University in Houston, Texas on August 11, 2007.
Higher Quality Video http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5135583133302349969
Lower Quality Video http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5274592268158533722

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Mitt Romney - Prank Call from Governor Schwarzenegger
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2008, 05:52:06 pm »
01/19 Mitt Romney - Prank Call from Governor Schwarzenegger

2 min - Jan 19, 2008 -  (4 ratings)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW-ecNxaycg

Offline cueball7

Re: Mitt Romney - Prank Call from Governor Schwarzenegger
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2008, 09:19:53 pm »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :DYour killing me Sane!

Offline jflack

• Survival Communication Equipment
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2008, 09:36:46 pm »
I needed that!  That was stinkin' funny even if he is a fellow Romney.

Offline adissenter2

• Revolt Time
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2008, 10:03:29 pm »
Who is your daddy?

"His influential father was thrice elected Governor of Michigan, and appointed Secretary of Housing and Urban Development in the Richard M. Nixon administration."

" MITT'S FATHER, OF COURSE, was George Romney, legendary head of the American Motor Corporation, a much-beloved three-term Michigan governor and the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development during Nixon's first term. For a brief moment in 1967 he was also a presidential candidate; a moderate Republican candidate whom a 16-year-old Mitt had watched walk out of the Republican National Convention four years earlier to protest Barry Goldwater's promise to be "extreme" in his "defense of liberty." The national spotlight, however, did not befit George Romney, and an unfortunate slip of the tongue on the Lou Gordon show -- he offhandedly claimed generals and diplomats in Vietnam had "brainwashed" him on a fact-finding mission -- saw his aspirations immolated in a most unkind political firestorm. In The Making of the President 1968 Theodore White described the Michigan governor as "a missionary abandoned to the cannibals," while recording for posterity Ohio Governor James Rhodes's comment that Romney's campaign was somewhat akin to "watching a duck try to make love to a football." "
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! Molon Labe! Come and take them!

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Mitt Channels Leo Strauss
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2008, 05:31:29 pm »
Romney Compares Diplomacy In The Middle East To The ‘Accommodation’ Of Hitler
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/22/romney-hitler/

In a speech to the Republican Jewish Coalition of Florida this morning, former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney compared individuals who consider the Israeli-Palestinian conflict central to the challenges in the Middle East to appeasers of Hitler in the 1930s.

In his remarks, Romney dismissed those who counsel diplomacy in the region — specifically the Baker-Hamilton Commission — as naively thinking “everything would be fine in the Middle East” if “we could just settle things between the Palestinians and the Israelis”:

“The consequences of that accommodation of his [Hitler’s] press releases was devastating to the entire world, and most devastating to millions of Jews,” Romney said to about 200 people at a Republican Jewish Coalition of Florida function. “Today we have individuals who believe that the cause of the challenges in the Middle East is the conflict in Israel with the Palestinians, and that if somehow we could just have the Baker-Hamilton Commission imposed and we could just settle things between the Palestinians and the Israelis, why everything would be fine in the Middle East.”

Comparisons to Hitler appeasers do “not resonate with the American people.”

In 2006, after then-Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld compared Iraq war critics to those who believed Hitler “could be appeased,” a NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll found that 61 percent of Americans said it was “not appropriate” for the White House to compare the Iraq war to the fight against the Nazis.

Romney isn’t the first presidential candidate to make such a comparison during this election cycle. At the GOP/YouTube Debate in November, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) attacked Rep. Ron Paul’s (R-TX) call to bring “our troops home” as the “kind of attitude of isolationism and appeasement” that “allowed Hitler to come to power.”

Offline ED

Re: Mitt Romney - CFR Scum
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2008, 11:36:25 pm »
Refer to last week's thread here for more info: http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=23317.0

Watch the documentary for more information on the "camps" and Robert Litchfield

http://www.stage6.com/user/DJJonD0e/video/2018559/Tranquility-Bay---WWASP-Behaviour-Modification-Camps

Offline industria

• industria
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2008, 02:01:10 am »
Wow!  Thank you Sane and everybody for gathering this information! I had been wanting to further dig into this creeps inside story, and hadn't had the time.

Putting this together with the little I had been able to find earlier (posted, but will re post here), it's clear that the guy is a total NWO scum.

Bain Capital is partnering with China's Huawei Technologies in a buyout of 3Com, the U.S. company that provides the technology that protects Pentagon computers from Chinese hackers.
Subprime Nation
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=20635.new#new
Pat Buchanan, 14, 2008

January 14, 2008
9:29 p.m. Eastern

Since it began to give credit ratings to nations in 1917, Moody's has rated the United States triple-A. U.S. Treasury bonds have been seen as the most secure investment on earth. When crises erupt, nervous money seeks out the world's great safe harbor, the United States. That reputation is now in peril.

Last week, Moody's warned that if the United States fails to rein in the soaring cost of Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, the nation's credit rating will be down-graded within a decade.

Our political parties seem oblivious. Republicans, save Ron Paul, are all promising to expand the U.S. military and maintain all of our worldwide commitments to defend and subsidize scores of nations.

Democrats, with entitlement costs drowning the federal budget in red ink, are proposing a new entitlement – universal health coverage for the near 50 million who do not have it – another magnet for illegal aliens. Moody's is telling America it needs a time of austerity, while the U.S. government is behaving like the governments we used to bail out.

California has already hit the wall. With an economy as large as a G-8 nation, the Golden State is looking at a $14 billion deficit in 2009 and a $3 billion shortfall in 2008. Gov. Schwarzenegger has called for slashing prison staff by 6,000, including 2,000 guards, early release of 22,000 inmates, closing four dozen state parks and a 10 percent across-the-board cut in all state agencies. The Democratic legislature is demanding tax hikes, which would drive more taxpayers back over the mountains whence their fathers came.

Meanwhile, Washington drifts mindlessly toward the maelstrom. With the dollar sinking, oil surging to $100 a barrel, the Dow having its worst January in memory, foreclosures mounting, credit card debt going rotten, and consumers and businesses unable or unwilling to borrow, we appear headed into recession.

If so, tax revenue will fall and spending on unemployment will surge. The price of the stimulus packages both parties are preparing will further add to the deficit and further imperil the U.S. credit rating. This all comes in the year that the first of the baby boomers, born in 1946, reach early retirement and eligibility for Social Security.

To stave off recession, the Fed appears anxious to slash interest rates another half-point, if not more. That will further weaken the dollar and raise the costs of the imports to which we have become addicted. While all this is bad news for the Republicans, it is worse news for the republic. As we save nothing, we must borrow both to pay for the imported oil and foreign manufactures upon which we have become dependent.

We are thus in the position of having to borrow from Europe to defend Europe, of having to borrow from China and Japan to defend Chinese and Japanese access to Gulf oil, and of having to borrow from Arab emirs, sultans and monarchs to make Iraq safe for democracy.

We borrow from the nations we defend so that we may continue to defend them. To question this is an unpardonable heresy called "isolationism."

And the chickens of globalism are coming home to roost.

We let Europe to get away with imposing value-added taxes averaging 15 percent on our exports to them, while they rebate that value-added tax on their exports to us. Thus, the euro has almost doubled in value against the dollar in the Bush years, as NATO Europe begins to bail out on Iraq and Afghanistan.

We sat still as Japan protected her markets and dumped high quality goods into ours and China undervalued its currency to suck jobs, technology and factories out of the United States. Now, China and Japan have $2 trillion in cash reserves. The Arabs have an equal amount of petrodollars. Both are headed here to spend their depreciating dollars snapping up U.S. assets – banks, ports, highways, defense contractors.

America, to pay her bills, has begun to sell herself to the world.

Its balance sheet gutted by the subprime mortgage crisis, Citicorp got a $7.5 billion injection from Abu Dhabi and is now fishing for $1 billion from Kuwait and $9 billion from China. Beijing has put $5 billion into Morgan Stanley and bought heavily into Barclays Bank.

Merrill-Lynch, ravaged by subprime mortgage losses, sold part of itself to Singapore for $7.5 billion and is seeking another $3 billion to $4 billion from the Arabs. Swiss-based UBS, taking a near $15 billion write-down in subprime mortgages, has gotten an infusion of $10 billion from Singapore.

Bain Capital is partnering with China's Huawei Technologies in a buyout of 3Com, the U.S. company that provides the technology that protects Pentagon computers from Chinese hackers.

This self-indulgent generation has borrowed itself into unpayable debt. Now the folks from whom we borrowed to buy all that oil and all those cars, electronics and clothes are coming to buy the country we inherited. We are prodigal sons, and the day of reckoning approaches. 

WHAT? The company that a potential US president founded hooks up with the Chinese to buy the technology that protects the Pentagon from being hacked by... the Chinese!? -Sandy[/color]

This politically sensitive defense-tech takeover could fuel a foreign funding backlash
Bain (founded by Mitt Romney) and Chinese-backed consortium’s takeover of 3Com
http://www.financialweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080114/REG/823162866/1036

January 14, 2008  By Matthew Quinn

Foreign buyers made up 46% of the more than $230 billion worth of U.S. mergers and acquisitions announced in the fourth quarter, according to data from Bloomberg. That doesn’t account for the almost $18 billion injected into the U.S. financial sector by sovereign wealth funds in that time.

And while the U.S. has thus far been open for business, the buyout of 3Com by Bain Capital and China’s Huawei Technologies could provide a political litmus test on what types of investments and investors are most welcome. The $2.2 billion deal is relatively small, but it drew the attention of the U.S. Committee on Foreign Investment over concerns it may pose a threat to national security due to 3Com’s role as a provider of intruder prevention software. Huawei would own just a 16.5% stake, with the option to increase it by another 5%, and have only a passive investment role; Bain would hold the remainder of the stake.

In October, eight lawmakers, led by Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen of Florida, senior Republican on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, backed a bill that would block the buyout over security concerns. “It would be a grave error for U.S. regulators to approve a deal that permits minority ownership in 3Com by one of the least transparent companies operating in China, a firm with shadowy ties to the Chinese army and intelligence services,” Ms. Ros-Lehtinen said.

There also are signs of a backlash abroad over foreign buying power. In France, President Nicolas Sarkozy vowed last week to shield French businesses from sovereign wealth funds. German chancellor Angela Merkel has lobbied for legislation to protect German businesses from them in recent months. Concerns have reached a fevered enough pitch that Wei Benhua, a senior official with China’s currency regulator, last week urged rich countries not to discriminate against sovereign funds. “The newly established [$200 billion] China Investment Corp. has been grabbing global attention and some certain countries are intentionally spreading the idea of a China threat,” Mr. Wei wrote in remarks published in the China Business News. Rather, he said, CIC would respect the laws of the countries it invests in and participate in international discussions on regulating sovereign funds.

Several U.S. financial institutions have looked to the deep-pocketed sovereign funds during the credit crunch, including Citigroup, which received $7.5 billion from an Abu Dhabi fund in November, and Morgan Stanley, which received $5 billion from CIC in December. Merrill Lynch, which sold $5 billion worth of stock to a Singapore fund in December, last week was reported to be seeking another infusion of up to $4 billion from a Middle Eastern fund and Citi was said to be looking for as much as $10 billion from funds from Asia and the Middle East.

To date there has been no furor over the capital injections received by U.S. banks. However, in a U.S. election year in which the economy could flirt with or fall into recession, protectionist agendas could rear their heads.

If you were a Presidential candidate fighting for a run at the White House, what would it cost to buy the support of just about every nationally-syndicated talk show host in America?

About 19.5 Billion dollars.

Mitt Romney's Massachusetts-based private equity firm, Bain Capital, founded in 1984 by Mitt Romney has just purchased Clear Channel Communications the largest radio station owner in the country.

"Clear Channel owns over 1,100 full-power AM, FM, and shortwave radio stations, twelve radio channels on XM Satellite Radio, and more than 30 television stations in the United States. Premiere Radio Networks, which is the largest syndication company in the United States, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Clear Channel and is home to Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and many others. Sean Hannity recently signed a large multi-market contract with Clear Channel, as well.".

And to think that we actually have 'free, unbiased' elections.....

http://www.clearchannel.com/Corporat...ReleaseID=1824

Clear Channel Communications, Inc. Enters into Merger Agreement with Private Equity Group Co-Led By Bain Capital Partners, LLC and Thomas H. Lee Partners, L.P.

Clear Channel Shareholders offered $37.60 per share in cash; Transaction valued at $26.7 billion

San Antonio, Texas, November 16, 2006…Clear Channel Communications, Inc. (NYSE: CCU), a global leader in the out-of-home advertising industry, today announced the execution of a definitive merger agreement with a group led by Thomas H. Lee Partners, L.P. and Bain Capital Partners, LLC, pursuant to which the group will acquire Clear Channel in a transaction with a total value of approximately $26.7 billion, including the assumption or repayment of approximately $8.0 billion of net debt.

Under the terms of the agreement, Clear Channel shareholders will receive $37.60 in cash for each share of Clear Channel common stock they hold, representing a premium of approximately 25% over Clear Channel’s average closing share price of $29.99 during the 30 trading days ended October 24, 2006, the day before the Company first acknowledged that it was evaluating strategic alternatives.

Morgan Stanley, Citigroup, and Deutsche Bank as well as Credit Suisse, RBS and Wachovia are acting as financial advisors and providing firm financing commitments to the private equity group.  Morgan Stanley, Citigroup, Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse and RBS are also providing equity commitments.

The board of directors of Clear Channel, with the interested directors recused from the vote, has unanimously approved the merger agreement and has resolved to recommend that Clear Channel’s shareholders adopt the agreement.  A special advisory committee consisting of disinterested directors unanimously determined the terms of the transaction to be fair.

Mark P. Mays, the Chief Executive Officer of Clear Channel, said, “We are very pleased to announce this transaction which provides substantial value to our shareholders.  We look forward to working with Thomas H. Lee Partners and Bain Capital Partners to continue our business plan to provide exceptional programming to our audiences and value to our advertising partners.”

Scott Sperling, Co-President of Thomas H. Lee Partners, stated, “Clear Channel is one of the nation’s truly great companies that has the finest collection of outdoor and radio assets in the industry.  We are extremely pleased to be partnered with the management team led by Mark and Randall Mays and to have the opportunity to work with them and to grow this company that was created by its Chairman and founder, L. Lowry Mays. Clear Channel has tremendous long term growth opportunities in both the radio and outdoor businesses and we look forward to partnering with Mark and Randall to create value in the years ahead.”

John Connaughton, a Managing Director at Bain Capital, said, “We are very impressed with Clear Channel’s  strong  management team and the company’s leadership positions in a variety of markets and media formats. Clear Channel is an exceptional media franchise that is well-positioned to grow thanks to the solid foundation the Mays family has created. We look forward to partnering with Clear Channel as it continues to innovate in meeting the changing needs of the audiences and advertisers it serves.”

The merger does not require the consent of unsecured note holders and is not conditioned upon a merger, consolidation or going private transaction involving Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings, Inc.

The merger is subject to the approval of Clear Channel’s shareholders, requisite regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions.  Under the merger agreement, Clear Channel may solicit competing bids from third parties through December 7, 2006, and may negotiate with parties that submit competing proposals by that time until January 5, 2007.

Clear Channel may, at any time, subject to the terms of the merger agreement, respond to unsolicited proposals.  If Clear Channel accepts a superior proposal, a break up fee would be payable by the Company.  There can be no assurance that the solicitation of proposals will result in any alternative transaction.

At the request of the disinterested directors, three members of senior management have agreed to significantly reduce payments that could be payable upon a change of control by an amendment to their employment agreements.

Clear Channel also today announced, by separate press release, that it intends to solicit buyers for 448 radio stations in selected small markets as well as for its television broadcasting division.  The merger is not conditioned on the consummation of any of these sale transactions.

Goldman, Sachs & Co. is acting as exclusive financial advisor to Clear Channel and Lazard Frères & Co. LLC is acting as financial advisor to the special advisory committee.  Goldman, Sachs & Co. and Lazard Frères & Co. LLC have each delivered a fairness opinion to the Board and special advisory committee, respectively.  Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is acting as legal advisor for Clear Channel and Sidley Austin LLP is acting as legal advisor for the special advisory committee.  Ropes & Gray LLP and Dow Lohnes PLLC are serving as legal advisors to the private equity group.

About Clear Channel Communications

Clear Channel Communications, Inc. (NYSE:CCU) is a global media and entertainment company specializing in "gone from home" entertainment and information services for local communities and premiere opportunities for advertisers. Based in San Antonio, Texas, the company's businesses include radio, television and outdoor displays. More information is available at www.clearchannel.com.

About Bain Capital Partners, LLC

Bain Capital (www.baincapital.com) is a global private investment firm that manages several pools of capital including private equity, high-yield assets, mezzanine capital and public equity with more than $40 billion in assets under management.  Since its inception in 1984, Bain Capital has made private equity investments and add-on acquisitions in over 230 companies around the world, including investments in a broad range of companies such as Burger King, Warner Chilcott, Toys "R" Us, AMC Entertainment, Sensata Technologies, Burlington Coat Factory and ProSiebenSat1 Media.  Headquartered in Boston, Bain Capital has offices in New York, London, Munich, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai.

About Thomas H. Lee Partners, LP

Thomas H. Lee Partners, L.P. is one of the oldest and most successful private equity investment firms in the United States.  Since its founding in 1974, THL Partners has become the preeminent growth buyout firm, investing approximately $12 billion of equity capital in more than 100 businesses with an aggregate purchase price of more than $100 billion, completing over 200 add-on acquisitions for portfolio companies, and generating superior returns for its investors and partners.  The firm currently manages approximately $20 billion of committed capital. Notable transactions sponsored by the firm include Dunkin Brands, VNU, Michael Foods, Houghton Mifflin Company, Fisher Scientific, Experian, TransWestern, Snapple Beverage and ProSiebenSat1 Media.

Important Additional Information will be filed with the SEC

In connection with the proposed merger, Clear Channel will file a proxy statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”).  INVESTORS AND SECURITY HOLDERS ARE ADVISED TO READ THE PROXY STATEMENT WHEN IT BECOMES AVAILABLE BECAUSE IT WILL CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE MERGER AND THE PARTIES THERETO.  Investors and security holders may obtain a free copy of the proxy statement (when available) and other documents filed by Clear Channel at the SEC’s website at http://www.sec.gov.  The proxy statement and other documents may also be obtained for free from Clear Channel by directing such request to Clear Channel, Inc., Investor Relations, 200 E. Basse Road, San Antonio, Texas  78209, Telephone (210) 822-2828.

Clear Channel and its directors, executive officers and other members of its management and employees may be deemed to be participants in the solicitation of proxies from its shareholders in connection with the proposed merger.  Information concerning the interests of Clear Channel’s participants in the solicitation, which may be different than those of Clear Channel shareholders generally, is set forth in Clear Channel’s proxy statement for its 2006 Annual Meeting of Shareholders previously filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, and in the proxy statement relating to the merger when it becomes available.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements

This press release contains forward-looking statements based on current Clear Channel management expectations. Those forward-looking statements include all statements other than those made solely with respect to historical fact.  Numerous risks, uncertainties and other factors may cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statements.  These factors include, but are not limited to, (1) the occurrence of any event, change or other circumstances that could give rise to the termination of the merger agreement; (2) the outcome of any legal proceedings that may be instituted against Clear Channel and others following announcement of the merger agreement; (3) the inability to complete the merger due to the failure to obtain shareholder approval or the failure to satisfy other conditions to completion of the merger, including the receipt of shareholder approval and expiration of the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976; (4) the failure to obtain the necessary debt financing arrangements set forth in commitment letters received in connection with the merger; (5) risks that the proposed transaction disrupts current plans and operations and the potential difficulties in employee retention as a result of the merger; (6) the ability to recognize the benefits of the merger; (7) the amount of the costs, fees, expenses and charges related to the merger and the actual terms of certain financings that will be obtained for the merger; and (8 ) the impact of the substantial indebtedness incurred to finance the consummation of the merger; and other risks that are set forth in the “Risk Factors,” “Legal Proceedings” and “Management Discussion and Analysis of Results of Operations and Financial Condition” sections of Clear Channel’s SEC filings.  Many of the factors that will determine the outcome of the subject matter of this press release are beyond Clear Channel’s ability to control or predict.  Clear Channel undertakes no obligation to revise or update any forward-looking statements, or to make any other forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

http://www.clearchannel.com/Corporate/PressRelease.aspx?PressReleaseID=1824

added:

Clear Channel Communications, Inc. Extends Merger Agreement Termination Date

SAN ANTONIO, TX, December 12, 2007 - Clear Channel Communications, Inc. (NYSE:CCU), a global leader in the radio broadcasting and out-of-home advertising industries, announced today that it has, in accordance with the terms of the merger agreement providing for the acquisition of Clear Channel by CC Media Holdings, Inc., a corporation formed by private equity funds sponsored by Bain Capital Partners, LLC and Thomas H. Lee Partners, L.P., extended to June 12, 2008, the date on which a party may terminate the merger agreement if the merger has not occurred as of that date.
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. - MLK

industria jewelry
on Etsy
on Trunkt

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2008, 02:15:07 pm »
Mitt Romney's sons and campaign manager have no clue about the following:

The Federal Reserve
The differences between a Shi'ite and a Sunni
Where Iraq is
What an inflation tax is
What WWASP is
What the Council on Foreign Relations is
What torture is
What biometric ID/Implantable ID cards are
What the cause of islamic funamentalism is
What torture is

Do not ask me how I know.

But the only answer to anything on foreign relations is "islamofascists are coming to kill us."

The only answer on the economy is "Mitt is a successful business man."

Sorry guys, but he does not have a prayer.