Author Topic: Comic Book Conspiracy- Symbols and Messages in Comic Books  (Read 318497 times)

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
Re: Comic Book Conspiracy- Symbols and Messages in Comic Books
« Reply #280 on: December 26, 2008, 09:46:21 am »

CIA, UFOs and Hollywood

Linda Moulton Howe is doing a series of articles/interviews which relate to what we have discussed here - the government/CIA SPOOK propaganda we see very plainly now in the ongoing history of POP CULTURE in the Western world. These links will take you to her site EARTHFILES and the first two installments.

© 2008 by Linda Moulton Howe

http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=1507&cateegory=Environment

EXCERPT:

2007 Hollywood Transformers Made
with DOD Help - and ‘Special Access’?

“Their war, our world.”

Transformers, produced by Steven Spielberg,
and released July 2, 2007, in United States by DreamWorks,
Paramount and United International Pictures.

The DOD played a huge role in that film, Transformers – unprecedented cooperation between the Department of Defense and the filmmakers. The Transformers film script, for anyone who watches carefully – although it appears on the surface as a big, dumb action film, which it is - but beyond that, there is very interesting dialogue and the script is loaded with Ufological references and insider intelligence terms. However, the terms ‘Area 51’ and ‘Roswell’ are conspicuously absent. The film subtly absolves American elected officials of complicity in what turns out to be a massive cover-up of the fact that the Earth has been visited by aliens.

Actually, what the film does more specifically is absolve the military. It absolves the Department of Defense and the Secretary of Defense of being involved in this decades-long cover-up and the fact we’ve been visited by aliens. The film pins the conspiracy instead on a quasi-governmental ‘Sector 7,’ as it is referred to, which for decades has been concealing its UFO investigations beneath what they term in the film amazingly as ‘Special Access Projects.’

THAT WOULD BE MJ-12, OR MAJESTIC 12.

Yes, ‘Special Access Project’ is a legitimate term. It is used in military intelligence circles and research indicates that in real life, UFO projects are concealed within what are known as Special Access Programs. So, it’s interesting that the Transformers film uses that terminology.

But what else is really important is there is very labored rhetoric in one of the scenes which absolves the Secretary of Defense and military of any kind of cover-up and they actually pin the responsibility on someone else. The Secretary of Defense officials say that cover-ups are going on without their knowledge and authorities are shocked and concerned that this has been happening and they raise the idea that UFOs could be a defense threat.

Non-Biological Extraterrestrials, NBEs

ROBBIE, HOW WOULD YOU CHARACTERIZE THE BOTTOM LINE IN TRANSFORMERS CONCERNING HOW THE NON-HUMAN AGENDAS ARE CHARACTERIZED?

That’s interesting in itself. There are two competing factions. They are alien robots, these transformers are robots in disguise. Throughout the film, they are referred to as ‘robots,’ but by the government, they are called ‘aliens.’ They are also more specifically referred to as ‘NBEs.’ NBEs in Transformers stands for ‘non-biological extraterrestrials.’ And in the film, they refer to one of the captured extraterrestrials as NBE1, which will ring a bell with many people familiar with the subject such as EBEs and EBE1 and EBE2. Those are the ‘extraterrestrial biological entities’ referred to in UFO literature and featured in the Majestic-12 documents. You know, it's very closely resembling what is supposed to be real.

MEANING EBE 1, EBE 2 AND WHO KNOWS HOW MANY MORE ENTITIES ALLEGEDLY RETRIEVED FROM CRASH SITES?

Yes. In Transformers, there are two factions: the good, savior transformer aliens who come here to protect humanity. And then there are the evil, destructive aliens who come to us to enslave humanity. The good ones are there to protect and the bad ones are there to destroy. So, it’s this inter-galactic war going on with Earth as the battleground.

That's very interesting politically. And all sorts of stuff could be read into it. All of this stuff lacks smoking gun evidence, but I think from a certain amount of research into it and taking into account documented history of cinematic propaganda, in America there is certainly the foundation for information ideas to be filtered into Hollywood cinema and into UFO films.

~~~~~~~~~~ O ~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=1511&category=Environment

Part 2:  CIA, UFOs and Hollywood

© 2008 by Linda Moulton Howe

EXCERPT:

Propaganda Versus Honesty

AND BOILS DOWN TO PROPAGANDA.

Yes, it is propaganda in its most direct form. If something is done secretly and deliberately for a political end – particularly if designed to promote an institution – that is propaganda! But I wouldn’t like to say that the forces of dishonesty are winning against the forces of honesty.

DO YOU THINK IT IS FAIR TO SAY TODAY AT THE END OF 2008 THAT BOTH THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT AND AMERICAN GOVERNMENT ARE NOW SHOWING THAT PROPAGANDA DOMINATES POLICY MORE THAN TRYING TO REPORT FACTUALLY TO THE PUBLIC?

I think powerful systems are always going to try to burnish their own image in whatever way they can. The truth really is irrelevant as far as government authorities are concerned because they want to maintain an image of success for their institutions and policies.

In any nation there has to be power exercised by a relatively small number of people. That’s the contract we have with our governments. We lend authority to governments hoping the small number of leaders will use that authority wisely for the people. But it’s quite another thing if the public allows that authority to get too strong and self-serving about burnishing its own image and using propaganda for the sake of its own power. That I think is really the crux of your question. There is a great difference between an authority that is legitimate versus power with power games, which are often not legitimate and should be challenged.

Having a more open government that does release files and does not use Hollywood movies to spread misinformation would be a much healthier and genuine democracy. But it seems to me that America is not a genuine democracy, not a full one anyway. It’s really a plutocracy run by corporations and a very powerful government with a lot of tax payer money at its disposal and misuses that power very often quite seriously. But there is still room for optimism because Americans and the British do reject extremism.”

[ Editor’s Note:  Wikipedia - Plutocracy is rule by the wealthy, or power provided by wealth. In a plutocracy, the degree of economic inequality is high while the level of social mobility is low. A Plutocracy is a government controlled by a minuscule proportion of extremely wealthy individuals found in most societies. If there are no forms of control within the society, the plutocracy can easily collapse into a kleptocracy, ‘reign of thieves.’ Then the powerholders attempt to confiscate as much public funds as possible as their private property. A kleptocratic state is usually thoroughly corrupt, has very little production and its economy is unstable.”]

~~~~~~~~~~ O O O ~~~~~~~~~~

The TRUTH is out there ... but where???

St. Augustine: -The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself.-

Offline Biggs

« Reply #281 on: December 26, 2008, 10:50:38 am »
very thought provoking
STOP THE KILLING NOW
END THE CRIMINAL SIEGE OF GAZA - FREE PALESTINE!!!!!!!

Offline Ford

« Reply #282 on: December 27, 2008, 09:03:10 am »
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/permalink/transformers_911/

This image is alledgedly from a Transformers comic book published in 1991. The above link is the only reference I could find to it, and it was a small pic so I had to enlarge it. I don't have this particular comic, but I have seen enough to know the image is probably real.

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #283 on: December 27, 2008, 02:04:18 pm »

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ford

« Reply #284 on: December 27, 2008, 06:43:34 pm »
Holy crap! The upper left hand corner of the panel says it's 2001! Good find Brocke! From the clip.

How many comic book images are there in this thread of the towers being destroyed? I beleive it's way to many to be a coincidence.

Offline Biggs

« Reply #285 on: December 28, 2008, 07:24:38 am »
wooooaaaahhh, hardcore stuff
STOP THE KILLING NOW

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #286 on: December 28, 2008, 12:39:26 pm »
wooooaaaahhh, hardcore stuff

Yeah, this thread never ceases to amaze me!

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #287 on: January 01, 2009, 01:24:11 pm »

««« T H E  I L L U M I N A T I »»»

Let’s now take a look at the MASONIC and ILLUMINATI symbolism in pop culture - with emphasis on COMICS as relates to other media and the ongoing brain~washing (Re-Education?) of the public.

A good place to start might be here:

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=23030.240 

.... which is a previous post of mine on this thread that deals a bit with ROBERT ANTON WILSON (recently deceased) and his COSMIC TRIGGER / Illuminatus trilogy.

Another link here:  http://www.rawilson.com/trigger1.shtml

««««««««««« O »»»»»»»»»»

For more general back ground on MASONIC reference in comics, etc, check out this pdf:

www.mof.org.au/publications/References_Popular_Culture.pdf

... more background on ILLUMINATUS - and other good links:

http://squaresallover.blogspot.com/

http://www.skepticfiles.org/cp002/masoni15.htm

http://rawremembered.blogspot.com/2007/02/kalamazoo-mi.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Illuminatus!_Trilogy

«««««««««««««««  O O O  »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Here are a few images from the early ‘70s & ‘80s of the WILSON product:

«««««««  O  »»»»»»»

... and some imagery from the ‘updated’ MARVEL COMICS series:

.... and the spinoff SECRET IVASION:

«««««««««« O »»»»»»»»»»

...... and now the HOLLYWOOD onslaught:

T H E  I L L U M I N A T I  ~  T H E  M O V I E

Sorbo to star in new franchise ‘The Illuminati’

By W. H. Bourne

HOLLYWOOD, CA (Hollywood Today) 11/11/08 – “I love this stuff,” says ‘The Illuminati: Out of Chaos Comes Order’ star Kevin Sorbo. “I’ve been doing action, fantasy, and sci-fi stuff all my life, but ‘Illuminati’ also has some great drama. People usually associate me as the good guy, but in this I get to be an anti-hero.”

Sorbo is best known for his work in ‘Hercules: The Legendary Journeys’ and ‘Andromeda’. As the 29th annual American Film Market winds down in Santa Monica, buyers and sellers offer mixed reviews of the market in the wake of the recent global economic down turn. Of course, if you have a hot product there’s no shortage of buyers.

Sorbo teams up with ‘Andromeda’ director David Winning. ‘Illuminati’ is being produced by Elizabeth Fowler of Clear Pictures Entertainment. “Liz brought me the project,” says Winning, “and the first person I thought of was Kevin”. Also cast for ‘Illuminati’ are Lance Henriksen and C. Thomas Howell.

««««« O »»»»»

««««« O »»»»»

“The Illuminati really existed,” explains Fowler. “They were a secret society in Bavaria that was forced underground. There are those that believe they still secretly control world events.”

Conspiracy theories abound about the Illuminati. Former ‘Playboy’ editors Robert Anton Wilson and Bob Shea created the ‘Illuminatus! Trilogy’ based on the odd conspiracy letters sent to them while working at ‘Playboy’. Steven Jackson created both a role playing game and a trading card game based on ‘Illuminatus!’ and Eye N Apple Comics/Rip Off Press did a comic book adaptation of the material. But these projects shouldn’t be confused with Sorbo’s new project, ‘The Illuminati: Out of Chaos Comes Order’.

“Writer Mark Sevi has created a whole world and a new mythology,” says Fowler. “Instead of the distant future, it’s set in the present using current technology such as dragon skin armor and metal storm guns. ‘Illuminti’ is set in a world grounded in reality but uses artistic license.”

“The Council of 13 secretly controls the major segments of the world. And while this secret group of Illuminati are controlling the world, a secret faction inside the Illuminati are trying to influence them,” explains Sevi. Press materials pitch ‘Illuminati: Out of Chaos Comes Order’ as “A top assassin defects from the The Illuminati…and is now a free agent killing machine.”

“Tap into your dark side,” jokes Winning to Sorbo although Kevin doesn’t really need encouragement. “He’s a trained killer,” says Sorbo as he talks with excitement about his new role, “But I want to add more sarcasm to my character”.

Comic Con fans will be the first to get a good glimpse of ‘The Illuminati: Out of Chaos Comes Order’ when it releases as a comic book in San Diego in July of next year. “I’ve been trying to go to Comic Con for the past 15 years,” says Sorbo. “It’s great for me because every year they invite me and every year I get work that keeps me from going. But I’ll be there this coming year.”

“The movie was written as a franchise,” explains Fowler. “We’re hoping to release the film at the end of ‘09 or early 2010.” Tie-ins will also include toys and video games. “We’re also hoping to develop this into a TV series,” says Fowler.

‘The Illuminati’ is spreading it’s network of influence throughout the market at AFM. “We just introduced the project and we’ve had a phenomenal response. We’ve already sold territories,” says Fowler.

http://www.hollywoodtoday.net/2008/11/11/afm-ends-with-sorbo-illuminati/

~~~~~~~

http://blog.movieset.com/2008/11/10/exclusive-first-look-at-the-illuminati-comic-book-and-movie-details-from-afm/

«««««««««« O O O »»»»»»»»»»

Offline Biggs

« Reply #288 on: January 02, 2009, 11:36:29 am »
quote of the day
‘The Illuminati’ is spreading it’s network of influence throughout the market

certainly will be a movie we will all be talking about
STOP THE KILLING NOW

Offline Ford

« Reply #289 on: January 02, 2009, 09:18:22 pm »

DC Makes Adventures of Superman #596 Returnable
One of Many Companies Pulling WTC/Terrorism References
Published: 09/17/2001
http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/714.html

DC Comics announced today that the Adventures of Superman #596 would be returnable.  The issue shipped to stores last Wednesday, the day after the horrific attack on the twin towers of World Trade Center in New York City.  Due to an unfortunate coincidence the Superman comic features a scene in which Metropolis's twin LexCorp Towers have sustained damage due to events in the 'Our Worlds at War' storyline.

ICv2 talked to several midwestern retailers about the returnability of the Adventures of Superman #596, and they told us sales on the issue were brisk, and that they wouldn't have any to return.  One dealer was holding his two remaining copies for regular customers, rather than see them go to speculators.  Some may think the item will become a collector's item, but there was no significant action on the issue on eBay as of Monday afternoon.  Regardless, the retailers ICv2 talked with doubted whether many copies would be returned, though people on the East coast may feel differently about the book.

While the television networks can't resist showing the airliners crashing into the WTC towers over and over, the rest of the entertainment industry seems eager to spare the public anything that might remind them of last week's tragic occurrences.  The image of the twin towers has been airbrushed off Spidey's shades for the poster for the new Spider-Man film, and the studio is trying to suppress the teaser trailer, which shows Spidey nab a helicopter full of villains with a cable strung between the twin towers of the World Trade Center. The twin towers are also being excised from the Men in Black sequel, and the latest Arnold Schwarznegger shoot 'em up, blow' em up cinematic extravaganza has been postponed. Even a Jerry Stiller comedy film, Zoolander, will have the twin towers optically removed from location footage shot in New York.  The remake of The Time Machine, originally set for a December release, has been pushed back to February, reportedly because of a sequence in which an explosion on the moon sends a shower of meteors down on New York City.

I was able to find one of these issues, and I just did a big write up on it in my blog. I'll post some pics here later.

Offline Ford

« Reply #290 on: January 03, 2009, 04:00:10 pm »
http://mercurysgarden.blogspot.com/2009/01/this-is-not-job-for-superman.html

This issue also has a global warming warning, and the word "Isis" is hidden above a rising sun.

Offline Ford

« Reply #291 on: January 05, 2009, 03:22:34 pm »
From the same issue.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #292 on: January 05, 2009, 05:10:51 pm »
FORD:

Great work on that SUPERMAN issue ... no wonder they pulled it!

And you have a KÓÒL blog, Dude!

One other thing ... I meant to give you credit for the ILLUMINATI #1 art that I used in my last post ... it was, after all, the OP on this thread. Thanks for turning me on to that series.

Offline GoingEtheric

• Seed the world with the truth
    • HollywoodInsiders.net
« Reply #293 on: January 05, 2009, 05:13:27 pm »
FORD:
Great work on that SUPERMAN issue ... no wonder they pulled it!
And you have a KÓÒL ....
+1. Great stuff. I'm gonna have to do the comic book video over again

Offline FreemanTV

« Reply #294 on: January 12, 2009, 12:29:28 pm »

Just to be clear, when I was on the Alex Jones show, I did not state that Alan Moore was a 33rd degree Mason. I stated that he was giving an obvious Masonic hand sign.
My point was that after the year 2000 we were moved into the Age of the Anti-Hero. Therefore, Superman dies and is replaced by Hellspawn. Then Batman is broken and is replaced by the fallen angel, Azrael. We are being conditioned to believe that evil means are justified.
I made special mention of Alan Moore's work due to the fact that V for Vendetta is being heralded by the Patriot movement as a positive representation of revolution when in fact, V for Vendetta is based on Aleister Crowley's occult practices coupled with Adam Weishaupt's philosophy of civilization's cycles.

I would recommend looking into my article on the numerology of "W" and realize that the production company that put out V for Vendetta and The Matrix is coded by the number of the Fallen Angels.
http://www.freemantv.com/articles/state_sponsored_terrorism.shtml

Here's my talk at Esozone 2007 explaining the use of magic in our society.
http://www.freemantv.com/video/sorcerers_atlantis_esozone_1.shtml
www.freemantv.com

Offline Biggs

« Reply #295 on: January 12, 2009, 01:28:44 pm »
hey Freeman I love your work fella, keep on spreading truth in the superb way that you do, we are honoured to have you here.

(or if you are one of his helpers then - hey I love Freeman's work as do lots of people here and elsewhere)

either way many thanks for the contribution to this thread, looks like I have some reading to do  ;D ;D ;D ;D
STOP THE KILLING NOW

Offline Volitzar

« Reply #296 on: January 12, 2009, 02:28:43 pm »
Yeah but some still can't get the Marvel/NWO connection.

Good job.

Offline akston

• StatismWatch
« Reply #297 on: January 12, 2009, 02:50:58 pm »
I'd guess they handed over control when the Comics Code came in, but don't know the deep history - can anyone confirm?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comics_Code_Authority

stat·ism /ˈsteɪtɪzəm/
1. the principle or policy of concentrating extensive economic, political, and related controls in the state at the cost of individual liberty.

statismwatch.ca - a media compilation and forum exposing statism and its roots from a Canadian perspective

Offline GoingEtheric

• HollywoodInsiders.net
« Reply #298 on: January 12, 2009, 07:00:03 pm »

Just to be clear, when I was on the Alex Jones show, I did not state that Alan Moore was a 33rd degree Mason. I stated that he was giving an obvious Masonic hand sign.
My point was that after the year 2000 we were moved into the Age of the Anti-Hero. Therefore, Superman dies and is replaced by Hellspawn. Then Batman is broken and is replaced by the fallen angel, Azrael. We are being conditioned to believe that evil means are justified....
exactly where my research leads. Relativist heroes and fallen angels.

Offline Ford

« Reply #299 on: January 12, 2009, 10:39:16 pm »
My point was that after the year 2000 we were moved into the Age of the Anti-Hero. Therefore, Superman dies and is replaced by Hellspawn. Then Batman is broken and is replaced by the fallen angel, Azrael. We are being conditioned to believe that evil means are justified....

Thanks for the clarification, I didn't catch that particular program. I would argue that the anti-hero has been around a bit longer than the year 2000. Characters like Wolverine and the Punisher became popular in the late eighties, and this led to a slew of anti-heroes isuch as Cable and Lobo in the nineties. The popularity of the anti-heroes has died down a bit in recent years.

Superman did die, but he came back after a short year, and he is as popular as he ever was, while the anti-hero Spawn's is on the decline. Azrael was killed off years ago, and with the new movie Batman is more popular than ever. (If anyone thinks he will stay dead due to the current R.I.P. storyline, they haven't read comics for very long). If we are being conditioned by anything in current comics, I would have to say it's that graphic violence is okay.

I would recommend looking into my article on the numerology of "W" and realize that the production company that put out V for Vendetta and The Matrix is coded by the number of the Fallen Angels.

That was an interesting history on the symbology of V, it being a female symbol makes perfect sense. I knew of the alleged Bush-Crowly connection, but I didn't know they are descended from Franlin Peirce.

I made special mention of Alan Moore's work due to the fact that V for Vendetta is being heralded by the Patriot movement as a positive representation of revolution when in fact, V for Vendetta is based on Aleister Crowley's occult practices coupled with Adam Weishaupt's philosophy of civilization's cycles.

Alan Moore is an admitted occultist and a fan of Crowley, that can't be debated. I don't see how the film is  based on Crowley's occult practices or coupled with Weishaupt's philosophy. Could you provide some examples?

I saw the film as a warning about giving government more power to protect the people from terrorism, and the danger of labeling dissenters as "unpatriotic." It even gave an example of false flag operations. I don't believe Moore was intentionally using the letter V as an occult symbol, unless he was taking a page from Tsin's "The Art of War" by using the enemy's symbols against them.

Offline 37

• "The President of what?"
« Reply #300 on: January 13, 2009, 12:34:49 pm »
I know very little about Moore.

But, as a student of film and literature, I find the Wachowski Brothers films interesting.  The common message I see in the Matrix Trilogy and V for Vendetta, is that we can sit back and wait for some superhuman to come along and save us.  Neo is the one.  V is a blind, burnt mutant.

To some extent, it could be said that comic books do the same.  Just wait for Bruce Wayne or Peter Parker to leap into action.  Notice those guys aren't ever cleaning out the White House or Capital Hill. 

My personal opinion is this.  We humans need entertainment.  Violence and revenge are entertaining storylines, and ultimately, there is nothing wrong with violence in stories.  It belongs in fiction and not in reality.

"Whatever it is, I am against it."  -Groucho Marx

Channel 37
http://www.youtube.com/user/jmortimer37

Offline Ford

« Reply #301 on: January 13, 2009, 02:41:35 pm »
I don't mind violence in fiction, but the graphic violence in comic books has gone a bit over the top in recent years. I don't think it's part of a conspiracy, but it is in bad taste.

Warning, graphic violence ahead.

In this one, Wonder Woman breaks a man's neck, killing him instantly.

Superboy Prime rips off a hero's arm.

Black Adam pushes the Psycho Pirate's eyes through his skull.

Believe me, there are much more graphic images I could post than these. Superboy Prime fries a pregnant woman with his heat vision, Blue Beetle gets shot in the head, The Martian Manhunter gets impaled, ect. IMO, these are done for shock value, and the story could get told just as well without the graphic violent images. 

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #302 on: January 14, 2009, 04:54:48 pm »

This story seems to fit here ... meet some of the camo-guys who have this stuff firmly ingrained in their brains:
http://timesonline.typepad.com/inside_iraq_weblog/2008/11/flying-in-iraq.html

November 06, 2008
Flying in Iraq with 'Supermen'

EXCERPT:
It was supposed to be a regular military helicopter ride back to Baghdad.

The two Blackhawks looked fairly ordinary as they swooped down to land at a US base north of the capital where I had spent the past few days. At first glance, the crews onboard were also fairly non-descript, dressed in normal army fatigues or beige, all-in-one, pilot jumpsuits.

There was no sense of any special powers as I clambored onboard one of the aircraft and it took off. Even as we cruised over fields and small villages, bouncing slightly in the wind, there was no hint of superhuman-ness.

It was only when we touched down at an even bigger base that the truth emerged: I was being carted around by a crew of Supermen.Literally.The Louisiana-based 1-244 Assault Helicopter Battalion is made up of superheroes. A-Company, which I was with, is named after Superman, while B-Company is Batman. I am not too sure which comic book hero is associated with C-Company, but D-Company is dedicated to Ironman.

Specialist Cordell Mallory, 24, a gunner on my helicopter, has been a ‘Superman’ for six months.
“It feels awesome,” he said. Asked where his red cape was, however, Specialist Mallory admitted: “I left it back home."

The ‘S’ logo scrawled across the real Superman’s chest is emblazoned on walls around A-Company’s headquarters at the Balad military base. There is also an action picture of Clarke Kent in his Superman garb painted on a concrete slab outside a large dining hall.
Next to Superman is a painting of Batman, looking similarly tough.

Reservist pilot Major Randel Gillette, 43, is an honourary Superman. He said he enjoys his job, piloting a Blackhawk across the country, while joking that he felt “intimidated” being surrounded by so many superheroes."

~~~~~~~ O ~~~~~~~

Offline Volitzar

« Reply #303 on: January 15, 2009, 12:40:38 am »
Great now that the NWO runs Marvel you can bet Globalism will be promoted in comic books and Constitutionalists will be demonized.

Let me guess...  with DC Comics there will be a Legion of Constitutionalists as their new super villian foes.  Along with the Global League as the new "heros".

Makes ya sick.

Offline Tsul777

« Reply #304 on: January 15, 2009, 12:55:58 am »

Would this qualify?
I AM POLITICALLY AGNOSTIC AND PROUD OF IT - John Tsul

Offline Volitzar

« Reply #305 on: January 15, 2009, 01:58:31 am »
Yep !!!!

Offline Biggs

« Reply #306 on: January 15, 2009, 06:05:51 am »
nice to see the brainwashed troops saluting a stormtrooper of the evil galactic empire, errrrrrrrr..................... (sighs)
STOP THE KILLING NOW

Offline Tsul777

« Reply #307 on: January 15, 2009, 06:14:26 am »
nice to see the brainwashed troops saluting a stormtrooper of the evil galactic empire, errrrrrrrr..................... (sighs)

Isn't that what it's all about really? The evil empire?

"i don't think this is real christian man; people cuttin' off people's heads and shit"

"junior" from Platoon
I AM POLITICALLY AGNOSTIC AND PROUD OF IT - John Tsul

Offline Biggs

« Reply #308 on: January 15, 2009, 07:11:33 am »
Isn't that what it's all about really? The evil empire?

"i don't think this is real christian man; people cuttin' off people's heads and shit"

"junior" from Platoon

yep pretty much I reckon
STOP THE KILLING NOW

Offline 37

« Reply #309 on: January 17, 2009, 07:36:09 am »
Ohhhh, Spidey...Bermas said that experts think this could be the best selling Spiderman Issue in 10 years.  >:(

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/printedition/2009/01/17/spideyobama0117.html

Obama issue quick to net Spidey fans

By Marcus K. Garner

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hold on to your spider web, true believers.

President-elect Barack Obama has teamed up with your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

In what became an instant collector’s item, America’s first African-American president steals the spotlight from the superhero on the cover of a special edition of the Marvel Comics classic.

“Hey, if you get to be on my cover, can I be on the dollar bill?” the Web-head quips as he snaps a picture of a front-and-center Obama.

They’ve got a bit in common.

Both have —- or will have by next week —- great power along with great responsibility.

Tuesday morning’s release of the Inauguration Day edition of The Amazing Spider-Man issue No. 583 had Spidey fans ecstatic.

“He’s such an everyman hero,” high school teacher Adam Throne said of the masked avenger. “And here you have him with a president who’s going to fight for everybody.”

The actual encounter between Obama and the webbed crime fighter is a six-page backup story printed at the end of the main —- and unrelated —- story line. The president-elect has a run-in with an evil doppelganger, and good ol’ Web-head must swing in to save the day.

The special edition sent comic collectors scrambling for copies.

The book that originally sold for $3.99 Tuesday morning was listed on eBay for as much as nearly $300 by the end of the day. Bidders were offering more than $100.

“I didn’t think I was going to be paying this much,” said Tracy Oliver, an Alpharetta software developer who paid $45 Tuesday night for his copy at Oxford Comics in Buckhead.

“I got a feeling the price was going to be going up. The only [other] place in the city that had it was selling it for $70.”

Oxford Comics in Atlanta was swamped with comic book fans and political history collectors who quickly bought out the 1,000 editions at the store, owner Mike VanHouten said.

“There were lines of 50 or more wrapped around the building,” VanHouten said. “People were happy to pay $45. This is the biggest thing since the death of Superman.”

Marvel Comics officials said the issue pays tribute to a longtime —- and well-publicized —- Spidey fan.

“When we heard that President-elect Obama is a collector of Spider-Man comics, we knew that these two historic figures had to meet in our comics’ Marvel Universe,” Marvel’s Editor in Chief Joe Quesada said in a statement. “Historic moments such as this one can be reflected in our comics because the Marvel Universe is set in the real world. A Spider-Man fan moving into the Oval Office is an event that must be commemorated in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man.”

“It’s such an historic occasion, I had to get one,” said Buckhead resident Timothy Smith, who paid $45 for the comic —- the first he’d ever bought. “Hopefully, this will be my retirement.”

VanHouten and Throne said they hope the cross-section of young admirers of the two charismatic individuals is inspired to read more.

“The idea of having a fictional hero meet a real hero is a great opportunity for my students,” Throne said. “They see that heroes are tangible and people they can see and maybe become someday.”

Channel 37

Offline 37

« Reply #310 on: January 17, 2009, 07:55:58 am »
Variant cover...

Channel 37

Offline akston

• StatismWatch
« Reply #311 on: January 18, 2009, 02:28:51 am »
What? But that's hilarious.

stat·ism /ˈsteɪtɪzəm/
1. the principle or policy of concentrating extensive economic, political, and related controls in the state at the cost of individual liberty.

statismwatch.ca - a media compilation and forum exposing statism and its roots from a Canadian perspective

Offline nike

« Reply #312 on: January 18, 2009, 10:02:09 pm »

I think this is the first time I've seen Mark's comic book mentioned in a forum.  The man who tried to adapt Shea and Wilson's trilogy to a comic format is named Mark Steele and he lives in Kalamazoo Michigan.  He published two other issues of Illuminatus! and had issue number four ready to send to Rip Off Press when Rip Off opted to drop them.  They claimed the art work quality wasn't up to their standards and Mark unfortunately missed the deadline for the third issue.  Mark has an exclusive contract signed by Shea and Wilson with sole permission to adapt Illuminatus! to a comic book.  I remember reading the contract and it stipulated that Mark was the only person in the universe who had permission to do the adaptation.  No one else was willing to pick up Illuminatus! after Rip Off dropped it and Mark had to set that project aside.  With Shea and Wilson both dead now I don't know if it will ever be completed.

Mark Steele has spent a number of years researching other comic book characters and even made plans to publish a comic book compilation of old classic comic book heroes where the copyright had lapsed.  That comic is inked, colored and been ready to go to the printers for over a decade but once again no one is willing to publish.  EyenApple productions does have a website of sorts, but it hasn't been updated in a long time.  http://www.anerispress.com/ena/ 
The Constitution admittedly has a few defects and blemishes, but it still seems a hell of a lot better than the system we have now. -- Robert Anton Wilson

Offline Ford

« Reply #313 on: January 21, 2009, 10:48:48 am »
Last week, I signed out V for Vendetta (comic book) from the library. It does contain some Crowley overtures, while the film does not.

On one page, V exclaims "Do what thou Wilt.", which is a wink nudge to Crowley.

I'm still not finished with it, I will have more on this later.

Offline Dekionplexis

• Dekionplexis
« Reply #314 on: January 23, 2009, 07:07:32 am »
This has been absolutely FASCINATING.
As one time comic book fan the level of predictive programming going on is astounding.

Stan Lee is a freemason is he not?

Also I know he had some dodgy dealings with a guy that worked for Hillary Clinton, whom she later denounced.

Either way, this is excellent stuff. I also HAD to buy those 'SUBURBAN HIGH LIFE' comics from the US. I wanna get a copy of that spooky Superman one too.

:D

Offline GoingEtheric

• HollywoodInsiders.net
« Reply #315 on: January 23, 2009, 07:28:33 am »

Either way, this is excellent stuff. I also HAD to buy those 'SUBURBAN HIGH LIFE' comics from the US. I wanna get a copy of that spooky Superman one too.

:D
you bought them? hey listen, suburban high life is a big joke, and the joke's on us cause it's all true. Do the world a service and scan the comic books to jpeg, cause they're so rare.

Offline Dekionplexis

• Dekionplexis
« Reply #316 on: January 23, 2009, 09:17:55 am »
you bought them? hey listen, suburban high life is a big joke, and the joke's on us cause it's all true. Do the world a service and scan the comic books to jpeg, cause they're so rare.

Ah, I don't have a scanner..yet. I'll see what I can do.
Yeah got all 3 off Ebay, mint condition for $14 inclduing postage to the UK.
RESULT!
:)

Offline GoingEtheric

• HollywoodInsiders.net
« Reply #317 on: January 23, 2009, 09:21:11 am »
Ah, I don't have a scanner..yet. I'll see what I can do.
Yeah got all 3 off Ebay, mint condition for $14 inclduing postage to the UK.
RESULT!
:)

cameras of any kind..

Offline Dekionplexis

• Dekionplexis
« Reply #318 on: January 23, 2009, 09:27:59 am »
cameras of any kind..

yeah I got a pretty good digicam, that said I got some other stuff I've been thinking about scanning, so I might invest in one. It'll be a week or two till I get them, I'll report back

;D

Ed: looking on various sites, the issues are out there for a few bucks together
https://www.atomicavenue.com/atomic/titledetail.aspx?TitleID=19215

Offline GoingEtheric

• HollywoodInsiders.net
« Reply #319 on: January 23, 2009, 09:40:27 am »
yeah I got a pretty good digicam, that said I got some other stuff I've been thinking about scanning, so I might invest in one. It'll be a week or two till I get them, I'll report back

;D
hey man, no pressure. it would be really interesting.