Author Topic: WaPo is scared shitless so they are surrendering and begging for an 'alliance'  (Read 12331 times)

Offline masterofthemoon

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/for-paul-and-romney-a-strategic-alliance-between-outsider-and-establishment/2012/01/20/gIQAf8foiQ_story.html

RENO, NEV. — The remaining candidates in the winnowed Republican presidential field are attacking one another with abandon, each day bringing fresh headlines of accusations and outrage.

But Mitt Romney and Ron Paul haven’t laid a hand on each other.

Despite deep differences on a range of issues, Romney and Paul became friends in 2008, the last time both ran for president. So did their wives, Ann Romney and Carol Paul. The former Massachusetts governor compliments the Texas congressman during debates, praising Paul’s religious faith during the last one, in Jacksonville, Fla. Immediately afterward, as is often the case, the Pauls and the Romneys gravitated toward one another to say hello.

The Romney-Paul alliance is more than a curious connection. It is a strategic partnership: for Paul, an opportunity to gain a seat at the table if his long-shot bid for the presidency fails; for Romney, a chance to gain support from one of the most vibrant subgroups within the Republican Party.

“It would be very foolish for anybody in the Republican Party to dismiss a very real constituency,” said one senior GOP aide in Washington who is familiar with both camps. “Ron Paul plays a very valuable part in the process and brings a lot of voters toward the Republican Party and ultimately into the voting booth, and that’s something that can’t be ignored.”

To ensure that they are heard — not just now but after Election Day, too — Paul and his followers are working to gain a permanent foothold in the Republican Party nationwide. One state at a time, Paul’s supporters are seating themselves at county committee meetings, and standing for election as state officers and convention delegates, to make sure their candidate’s libertarian vision is taken into account. The goal is a lasting voice for an army of outsiders that has long felt ignored and sees the nation headed toward ruin if things don’t change.

That is just fine with the Romney campaign, which would be happy to bring Paul’s constituency — perhaps the most intense and loyal in the country — into the fold.

Romney’s aides are “quietly in touch with Ron Paul,” according to a Republican adviser who is in contact with the Romney campaign and spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss its internal thinking. The two campaigns have coordinated on minor things, the adviser said — even small details, such as staggering the timing of each candidate’s appearance on television the night of the New Hampshire primary for maximum effect.

One advantage for Romney is that Paul’s presence in the race helps keep the GOP electorate fractured. But there is also a growing recognition that the congressman plans to stay in the contest over the long term — and that accommodating him and his supporters could help unify Republican voters in the general election against President Obama.

“Ron Paul wants a presence at the convention,” the adviser said — and Romney, if he is the nominee, would grant it.

What Paul and his supporters would demand, and what Romney would offer, are subjects of some speculation. One Paul adviser, speaking on the condition of anonymity to talk freely, said prime-time speaking slots for Paul and his son Rand, the junior senator from Kentucky, are obvious goals. On the policy front, Ron Paul’s priorities are reforming the Federal Reserve and reducing federal spending. So promises to audit the Fed and to tackle deficit reduction seriously could appease the congressman and his supporters, the adviser said.

Less likely are concessions on foreign policy, where Paul’s non-interventionist stand is at odds with that of Romney and most other Republicans.

Infiltrating the party

For Paul’s campaign, playing the inside-outside game has required nudging activists into the party system, even as he and they remain wary of it.

“I’ve been involved in politics for 20 or 30 years,” Paul told an enthusiastic crowd in a Spartanburg, S.C., hotel ballroom in January. “One of the reasons I became frustrated with the whole process is that the rhetoric could be so different. Republicans would say one thing, but then, when they get into office, they haven’t done a heck of a lot.”

Paul paused, and his audience cheered loudly as he added: “Have you ever noticed that?”

The crowd that day was characteristically scrappy and diverse: a man with a ponytail and a camouflage hunting jacket, a young mother with two small children, a doctor and his wife, and a well-dressed, young professional couple.

Yet the insurgents are executing a concerted strategy to infiltrate the Republican Party. Five Paul supporters, for instance, sit on the state GOP’s central committee in Iowa, where their candidate finished a strong third in the Jan. 3 caucuses. In Nevada, the vice president of the state GOP backs Paul. In Virginia, Paul supporters are lining up to attend county and district conventions to influence the election of national delegates.

In Reno, regional coordinator Wayne Terhune used a slide show on a recent weeknight to teach volunteers how to participate in a Republican precinct meeting to help Paul win delegates in the state’s caucuses on Saturday. He has tutored packed rooms at Denny’s as well as smaller crowds in the campaign’s Reno headquarters, located in a low-slung office building alongside the airport.

In a tiny conference room with a water cooler and two dogs on the floor, Terhune told the volunteers not to allow paper ballots out of their sight once votes take place — and to dress neatly and inconspicuously, so fellow Republicans won’t be disinclined to elect them as caucus delegates.

A common refrain is to “cover your tattoos and cut your hair,” said Paul’s campaign manager, Jesse Benton, who often tells coordinators to “dress for business, because we mean business.”

“You’ll nominate yourself,” Terhune told the room. “They’ll probably have you give your speech. Have a meeting a day ahead so all the Ron Paul people know who the other Ron Paul people are, so you can vote for them. Then you give a generic speech, and the non-Ron Paul people say, ‘Oh, he’s solid, I can vote for him.’ ”

Terhune also urged the volunteers to pull out their iPhones and record the proceedings on caucus night if party officials “don’t play by the rules.”

Teaching the establishment

Paul’s infiltration strategy began in 2008, after his last presidential bid, when he saw the potential to continue building his movement by working within the Republican Party.

But the idea took off in 2010 when Paul’s son Rand ran for Senate. On an outsider, small-government message very similar to his father’s, Rand Paul won the Republican primary that year against an opponent who was handpicked by Mitch McConnell, the Senate minority leader and senior senator from Kentucky.

Then, quite strangely, the establishment and the Pauls came together.

At McConnell’s request, the National Republican Senatorial Committee sent an adviser to Kentucky to watch over Rand Paul’s general-election campaign — “to be the grown-up in the room,” according to one Washington Republican who spoke on the condition of anonymity to talk candidly.

The adviser, Trygve Olson, developed a friendship with Rand Paul, and the two realized that they could teach each other a lot — to the benefit of both candidate and party. Olson showed Paul and his campaign establishment tactics: working with the news media, fine-tuning its message. And Paul showed Olson — and by extension, McConnell — how many people were drawn to the GOP by his message of fiscal responsibility.

One day that year, at Paul’s request, McConnell joined him for a tea party gathering in Kentucky, according to a Republican who was there. “Who are these people?” McConnell asked, bewildered by the dearth of familiar faces at a political event in his home state.

And at Rand Paul’s suggestion, Olson joined his father’s presidential campaign this year, basically to do what he did for Rand: help bring the Paul constituency into the Republican coalition without threatening the party. It’s probably no small coincidence that the partnership helps Rand’s burgeoning political career, too.

“You can dress in black and stand on the hill and smash the state and influence nobody, or you can realize the dynamics and the environment and get involved in the most pragmatic way to win minds and win votes and influence change,” said Benton, the campaign manager. “That’s what we’re trying to do.”
A Founding Father of Freedom: Mikhail Bakunin
http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/Commentary/Bakunin.htm

"Whoever lays his hand on me to govern me is a usurper and tyrant, and I declare him my enemy."
-Pierre Joseph Proudhon

Jordan

Re: Unlikely alliance: Paul and Romney
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 10:20:24 pm »
Could it be Romney with Vice President Paul in the works?

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 10:32:56 pm »
Bookmarked for later.
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline TonkaTim

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 11:22:18 pm »

It does not matter. No way I'd vote for a Romney ticket in the general, period.

A Paul on a Romney ticket would hurt the message because it would discredit the Pauls.

No way you'd see Dr. Paul on a ticket with Romney, if you see Rand on a ticket with Romney it would mean he is corrupt & a complete sell out to his dad's message.

Dr. Paul being completely against central planning, centralized government, would not side with a war mongering, pro-Fed, globalist corporate shill of the establishment.
Romney's credential's as a globalist corporate shill is found in his economic stimulus plan by this statement; - Conclude Existing Negotiations, Like The Doha Round, To Benefit America. The Doha Round and free trade agreements can be huge opportunities for America. The Doha round is a stalled negotiations to further expand the power & influence of the World Trade Organization.

See Dr. Paul's opinion of the World Trade Organization here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmGcaOkRsTU  & here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuFQ1RZ5nqY (Dr. Paul begins his rebuttal at 2:40)

Ending membership in the WTO is an issue on par with ending the Fed. (Santorum & Gingrich championed & passed the GATT treaty that estbalished the WTO in '94, & as we can see Romney wants to expand it) This is a HUGE issue that is not resonating, YET. It will in due time.

If anything this is a psyop article to try and convince "less informed" Paul supporters to support Romney.

It has been a media talking point for a few weeks now. With no evidence other than hopeful speculation.

Don't be surprised if Dr. Paul endorses the Constitution Party candidate (if qualified) once the conventions are over.

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
February 2, 2012...
Washington Post has surrendered!!!!!!!
They wave the white flag to the Constitution!
They are begging Ron Paul to form 'alliance'

Hey WaPo, you stabbed Dr. Martin Luther King in the heart on April 6, 1967, no one is gonna believe your bullshit alliance call given your history of cowardly backstabbing and double cross...

July 6, 1967: The day The Washington Post stabbed Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in the heart
I finally got around to rewatching Tavis Smiley's tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. on PBS which originally aired March 31, 2010: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/tavissmiley/tsr/mlk-a-call-to-conscience/. I rewatched it because recently Tavis Smiley was denied admission to the 20th annual tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. http://www.blackamericaweb.com/?q=articles/news/the_state_of_black_america_news/36131&page=92 . This was about the most insane thing I ever heard, so I rewatched the special. First off, I have to say that Tavis Smiley is a true living tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s work. He allows America to see clearly her purpose in the history books of mankind. His continued voice shines as a clear remedy to the anti-MLK rhetoric expoused by such neocons like Bush, Clinton, Obama, Pelosi, Rockefeller, etc. Then in the middle of the special, Tavis exposed the true purpose of such Bilderberg propaganda machines like The Washinton Post and The New York TImes....

The most important speech Dr. Martin Luther King ever gave, the most patriotic ever to be uttered in the halls of the power elite, the most compassionate to humanity, and the most American in the essence of the founding fathers of this great nation occured in the halls of the Riverside Church on April 4, 1967. The Riverside Church was built in 1929 by the Rockefeller cabal of anti-American, fascist/communist, globalist, eugenecist banksters. They used it as a staging ground to introduce globalist narratives and mythologies for the sub-elite to push to their respective flocks of ignorant sheep throughout America. It was a place where racism was alive and well in 1967, publicly reinforced with a ban of African Americans from sitting in the first few pews. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., with the bravery of George Washington, Frederick Douglass, Abraham Lincoln, and Thomas Paine shook the foundation of the anti-American globalist establishment who just pulled off a major coup de-tat with the Rockefeller/Harriman/Bush assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. would not be silent any longer and preeched to the heart and soul of America to never be silent again. His speech, "Why I oppose the war in Vietnam" exposed the inner workings of the New World Order's genocide operations. But more than just expose them as anti-human, he did something that no one of his stature did at the time...

HE EXPOSED HOW ANTI-AMERICAN THE WAR IN VIETNAM WAS!

This was a speech that could not be spun by the propagandists, it could not be used as an opportunity by New World Order mythology architects to further their anti-American goals. And who was the first fake-"American" media outlet to discuss this milestone in American patriotism, constitutionally reinforcing rhetoric, and humanity exceptionalism?

THE WASHINGTON POST

The Washington Post (as well as the New York Times) were major supporters of Dr. King's speeches prior to April 4, 1967. They knew that he would help the globalist agenda of allowing federal encroachment on individual liberties. But, when Dr. King refused to continue to be a tool for their larger agendas and instead exposed the truth about America, the Constitution, and illegal warfare, The Washington Post had the following to say:

An editorial in the April 6, 1967 Washington Post said King “has done a grave injury to those who are his natural allies … and … an even graver injury to himself.”

The Post continued, “Many who have listened to him with respect will never again accord him the same confidence. He has diminished his usefulness to his cause, to his country and to his people. And that is a great tragedy.”

To Vincent Harding, the civil rights activist and historian who helped draft King’s Riverside speech, the criticism smacked of racial paternalism. Harding says it was as if these critics said:

“Martin Luther King, you have forgotten who you are, and who we are. You should be very, very happy that we have allowed you to talk critically about race relations in this country. You should be very happy that we’ve allowed you to talk about Negro things. But MLK, when it comes to the foreign policy of this country, you are not qualified to speak to these issues. These are our issues. Our white establishment [is] in charge of such things, and you are absolutely out of your place to enter into this kind of arena.”

http://freevenicebeachhead.wordpress.com/2012/01/01/martin-luther-king-jr-the-unknown-anti-war-activist/

Every time The Washington Post professes to to give a shit about the racially disenfranchised in America, always remember that they stabbed Dr. Martin Luther King in the heart starting April 6, 1967 up until and after Bilderberg assassinated him exactly one year to the day after he gave that speech at the Rockefeller church.

One cannot help but see the obvious assistance that The Washington Post (and The New York Times) gave to the assassins to pull off their treacherous crimes. Had The Washington Post not manufactured so much hatred against Dr. Martin Luther King for one full year before his assassination by Bilderbergers, their task would have been much more difficult.

It is therefore hardly a stretch to see that The Washington Post greased the rails for the MLK assassination by stabbing Dr. Martin Luther King (and his freedom message) in the heart beginning on April 6, 1967. And by continuing to deny the importance of his mythology eliminating speech of April 4, 1967 as the true gift he gave to all Americans, The Washington Post's ineffable desire to stab Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in the heart lives on to this very day.

All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline masterofthemoon

This seems to make sense considering all these odd bits I've noticed and despite the rude little man changing the title, I think its a valid discussion point. Romney and Paul have never slammed each other like gingrich-santorum-paul have during the debates or the RP attack ads(watch the RP debate recaps yourself) and I was initially puzzled as to why Romney seemed to be treating RP with an air of respect(he even deferred a question to Ron, calling him the constitutional expert of the bunch) but now that we find out they are friends and have appeared to formed some sort of mutually beneficent alliance, it certainly answers some oddities about the relatively peaceful relationship they've had thus far during the campaign.

"Whoever lays his hand on me to govern me is a usurper and tyrant, and I declare him my enemy."
-Pierre Joseph Proudhon

Offline masterofthemoon

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 12:29:05 am »

I saw some other sites speculating about that. Too early to tell but if RP can capture enough in the coming weeks he will have a bargaining chip to be reckoned with.

-Pierre Joseph Proudhon

Offline masterofthemoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ASf-SW_j2FE

Ron Paul and Mitt Romney: A Two Man Race In Nevada - Fox News

-Pierre Joseph Proudhon

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
This seems to make sense considering all these odd bits I've noticed and despite the rude little man changing the title, I think its a valid discussion point. Romney and Paul have never slammed each other like gingrich-santorum-paul have during the debates or the RP attack ads(watch the RP debate recaps yourself) and I was initially puzzled as to why Romney seemed to be treating RP with an air of respect(he even deferred a question to Ron, calling him the constitutional expert of the bunch) but now that we find out they are friends and have appeared to formed some sort of mutually beneficent alliance, it certainly answers some oddities about the relatively peaceful relationship they've had thus far during the campaign.

Ron Paul has always known this was a two man race, Mitt v. Paul. They are the only two who have a national campaign, the others were meant to distract the masses. So he never really had to go after Mitt until all the others were gone which is becomming emminent. Once there is Ron Paul v. Mitt Romney for a 2 hour debate...IT IS OVER BABY!

The  same with a 2 hour debate between Ron Paul and Barack Obama.

Washington Post also knows this and has spent $Billions in fraudulent psyops (along with other Bilderberger cooperatives and their psychological warfare operations) to discourage the American people and to wrestle self-determination and electoral-sovereignty from the United States of America. It has only backfired and has alerted the 300 million American citizens to how insanely anti-American the Washington Post insists on being. Their circulation is way down, their debts are mounting, and their stockholders are wondering how much longer the board of directors will allow the entire operation to be a unilateral tool against freedom, liberty, and the constitution of the United States of America.

Looks to me like they are begging for a way out.

As far as Ron Paul being in an alliance with Mitt, WTF?

Here is what a Mitt ROmney presidency will be and everybody knows it...

He is an Apt Pupil who learned from his father, Governor Romney who never hesitated to suspend the constitution, declare a state of emergency, and allow Bilderberg false flag snipers and tanks to mass murder US citizens:

Don't believe me?

Here is a news clip of this historical fact:

http://vimeo.com/36068476

All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline tritonman

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 12:42:36 am »
Only in your dreams.. ::)  Just how does your mind work anyway??

Offline tritonman

Oops, I prefer the scared shitless title.

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Please pay paticular attention to the blatant psychological military warfare tactics enbedded within this seemingly unbiased WaPo article:

The crowd that day was characteristically scrappy and diverse: a man with a ponytail and a camouflage hunting jacket, a young mother with two small children, a doctor and his wife, and a well-dressed, young professional couple.

Yet the insurgents are executing a concerted strategy to infiltrate the Republican Party. Five Paul supporters, for instance, sit on the state GOP’s central committee in Iowa, where their candidate finished a strong third in the Jan. 3 caucuses. In Nevada, the vice president of the state GOP backs Paul. In Virginia, Paul supporters are lining up to attend county and district conventions to influence the election of national delegates.

In Reno, regional coordinator Wayne Terhune used a slide show on a recent weeknight to teach volunteers how to participate in a Republican precinct meeting to help Paul win delegates in the state’s caucuses on Saturday. He has tutored packed rooms at Denny’s as well as smaller crowds in the campaign’s Reno headquarters, located in a low-slung office building alongside the airport.

In a tiny conference room with a water cooler and two dogs on the floor, Terhune told the volunteers not to allow paper ballots out of their sight once votes take place — and to dress neatly and inconspicuously, so fellow Republicans won’t be disinclined to elect them as caucus delegates.

[...]

Paul’s infiltration strategy began in 2008, after his last presidential bid...

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
Ron Paul has always known this was a two man race, Mitt v. Paul. They are the only two who have a national campaign, the others were meant to distract the masses. So he never really had to go after Mitt until all the others were gone which is becomming emminent.

If by that you mean Dr. Paul has been letting the other candidates do his negative campaigning against Romney for him, that way Romney is already weakened when he (Paul) finally turns to him and says...

...then I agree that that's a brilliant chess move on his part.

Once there is Ron Paul v. Mitt Romney for a 2 hour debate...IT IS OVER BABY!

That will indeed be the moment of truth -- the proverbial "now or never" moment. If Paul's figurative gloves don't come off at that point, then it'll be "over," alright, but for the wrong person.

The key question is: will the corporate whore media ever televise a debate between just Paul and Romney in the first place? If so, then it'll be advantage Paul. If not, then it'll continue to be advantage Romney.
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline Letsbereal

• Know Thyself
->>>|:-) THE CITY INDIANS (-:|<<<-

Offline masterofthemoon

Ron Paul has always known this was a two man race, Mitt v. Paul. They are the only two who have a national campaign, the others were meant to distract the masses. So he never really had to go after Mitt until all the others were gone which is becomming emminent. Once there is Ron Paul v. Mitt Romney for a 2 hour debate...IT IS OVER BABY!

The  same with a 2 hour debate between Ron Paul and Barack Obama.

Washington Post also knows this and has spent $Billions in fraudulent psyops (along with other Bilderberger cooperatives and their psychological warfare operations) to discourage the American people and to wrestle self-determination and electoral-sovereignty from the United States of America. It has only backfired and has alerted the 300 million American citizens to how insanely anti-American the Washington Post insists on being. Their circulation is way down, their debts are mounting, and their stockholders are wondering how much longer the board of directors will allow the entire operation to be a unilateral tool against freedom, liberty, and the constitution of the United States of America.

Looks to me like they are begging for a way out.

As far as Ron Paul being in an alliance with Mitt, WTF?

Here is what a Mitt ROmney presidency will be and everybody knows it...

He is an Apt Pupil who learned from his father, Governor Romney who never hesitated to suspend the constitution, declare a state of emergency, and allow Bilderberg false flag snipers and tanks to mass murder US citizens:

Don't believe me?

Here is a news clip of this historical fact:

http://vimeo.com/36068476

I admit its too early too tell either way, you could be right but at the same time though, in my opinion the RP campaign would need to publicly contradict some of these article claims(such as them and their wives being friends) if this is not the case.

-Pierre Joseph Proudhon