Author Topic: The boogeymen are now in Pakistan  (Read 7349 times)

Offline bigron

• RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT 2012
The boogeymen are now in Pakistan
« on: January 12, 2008, 07:38:48 am »
US Military 'Extremely' Concerned About Al-Qaida Safe Havens in Pakistan

By VOA News
11 January 2008
http://www.voanews.com/english/2008-01-11-voa61.cfm

The top U.S. military officer says he is extremely concerned about the presence of al-Qaida safe havens in Pakistan.

Adm. Michael Mullen 
During a news conference at the Pentagon Friday, U.S. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Michael Mullen said al-Qaida militants are not only launching attacks in neighboring Afghanistan, but also inside Pakistan.

Admiral Mullen added the U.S. is mindful that Pakistan is a sovereign nation and that it is up to Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf and his military advisors to confront the problem directly.

President Musharraf has warned the U.S. against any unilateral move into Pakistan's tribal region to hunt down al-Qaida or Taliban militants. He told the Singapore newspaper The Strait Times that such move would be considered a breach of sovereignty.

In Washington, State Department spokesman Tom Casey said anything the U.S. has done or will do is in full cooperation with the Pakistani government.

Last week, the New York Times newspaper reported the Bush administration is considering expanding covert intelligence and military operations in Pakistan's tribal region, where al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden and his deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri are believed to be hiding.

The region is also considered a base for Taliban militants planning attacks against coalition forces in Afghanistan.

Offline bigron

• RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT 2012
US would 'regret' Pakistan operation

By CHRIS BRUMMITT, Associated Press Writer
Fri Jan 11, 9:39 AM ET
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080111/ap_on_re_as/pakistan_1

President Pervez Musharraf said in an interview published Friday that U.S. troops would be regarded as invaders if they crossed into Pakistan to hunt al-Qaida militants.

He also said he would resign if opposition parties tried to impeach him after next month's elections.

Musharraf's remarks in an interview with Singapore's The Straits Times came as police tried to identify a suicide bomber who struck a day earlier in Lahore, killing 24 people and adding to pressure on the former general as he struggles to stay in office eight years after seizing power in military coup.

Pakistan is under growing U.S. pressure to crack down on militants in its tribal regions close to the Afghan border.

The rugged area has long been considered a likely hiding place for al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden and his top deputy, Ayman al-Zawahri, as well as an operating ground for Taliban militants planning attacks on coalition forces in Afghanistan.

The New York Times reported last week that Washington was considering expanding the authority of the CIA and the U.S. military to launch aggressive covert operations within the tribal regions. Several U.S. presidential candidates have also hinted they would support unilateral action in the area.

Musharraf told The Straits Times U.S. troops would "certainly" be considered invaders if they set foot in the tribal regions.

"If they come without our permission, that's against the sovereignty of Pakistan. I challenge anybody coming into our mountains. They would regret that day," he said in the interview.

Musharraf is also under gathering domestic political pressure. The party of slain opposition leader Benazir Bhutto and the other main opposition grouping are predicted to make gains in the Feb. 18 election. They have vowed to oust Musharraf if they emerge as winners. Musharraf is seen as vulnerable to impeachment over his decision last year to fire Supreme Court judges and suspend the constitution.

"If that (impeachment) happens, let me assure that I'd be leaving office before they would do anything. If they won with this kind of majority and they formed a government that had the intention of doing this, I wouldn't like to stick around," he said. "I would like to quit the scene."

Thursday's blast targeting police officers outside the High Court in the eastern city of Lahore was the latest in a series of bloody attacks.

At least 20 suicide bombers have struck in the past three months, killing 400 people, many of them from the security forces — the most intense period of terrorist strikes here since Pakistan allied with the U.S. in its war against al-Qaida and other extremist groups in 2001.

Lahore police chief investigator Tasaddaq Hussain said the mutilated head of the suicide bomber had been recovered and would be reconstructed for identification. The bomber's other remains were being examined by forensic experts to extract DNA, he said.

"This is an act of terrorism and militants are to be blamed for it," Hussain said.

Later, about 200 lawyers prayed for the victims outside the court and laid flowers at the scene.

Police said the attacker was amid some 70 officers in riot gear when he detonated explosives on his body. All but three of the dead were police.

There was no claim of responsibility. The government has blamed previous attacks on Islamic radicals allied with al-Qaida and the Taliban sheltering in the tribal regions along the Afghan border.

Musharraf blamed the same militants for the Dec. 27 gun-and-suicide-bomb attack that killed Bhutto, a secular former prime minister who had repeatedly pledged to battle Islamic extremism in this country of 160 million people.

Bhutto's supporters have questioned whether elements within the government may have had a role in her slaying and are demanding an independent U.N. investigation. To allay critics, Musharraf last week invited British police to help investigate.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 05:09:32 pm »

THESE RAT BASTARD WAR MONGERS WANT A WAR SOMEWHERE, DON'T THEY?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23012160
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline blatto

• Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
Re: U.S.: Al-Qaida shifting from Iraq to Pakistan
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 05:22:32 pm »
 Yeah its almost like Michael Mullen is reading straight off the PNAC documents. notice the report encompases all the areas that the neo-cons want controll of. North Korea, Iran, Cuba. I was shocked they didnt throw Venezula in the mix. They did mention Home grown terrorism. which I feal is the most desturbing part of this report.
It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. ~Samuel Adams

Offline Susan Graham

Re: U.S.: Al-Qaida shifting from Iraq to Pakistan
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 05:27:10 pm »
No, wait, they're now being spotted hovering over Ron Paul Campaign Headquarters!

Gee, this is like hearing about the progress of Santa and his sleigh on the Christmas Eve network news programs. 

::) ::) ::)

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 06:40:20 am »
Al-Qaeda clearly headquartered in Pakistan: Mullen

http://www.geo.tv/5-22-2009/42567.htm

WASHINGTON: The Chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen, expressing concern about the growing ties between Afghan and Pakistani Taliban and al-Qaida feared that Al-Qaeda is now clearly headquartered in Pakistan.

Admiral Mullen told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that President Barack Obama's new strategy in that country is aimed at creating an environment that will not permit al-Qaida to return to Afghanistan.

"There is a strategic goal the Taliban have, to move back and take over the country, and secondly, in that goal, in that environment, that is fertile ground for al-Qaida, who continues not to be just in Pakistan, but is now moving into Yemen, is connected very well in Somalia, and in other parts of the world," said Admiral Mullen. "Their strategic objectives remain the same - to threaten us, to threaten the west, and that fertile ground to do that would be Kandahar and Kabul again, if we do not get this right."

Mullen underscored his concern by noting growing ties between Afghan and Pakistani Taliban and al-Qaida.

"While al-Qaida is not located in Afghanistan, it is headquartered clearly in Pakistan, what I have watched over the last couple of years is this growing integration between al-Qaida and the Taliban, and the various networks of the Taliban, whether it is [Jalaluddin] Haqqani, or [Baitullah] Mehsud or [Gulbuddin] Hekmatyar, and that has alarmed me in its growth and integration over the last couple of years," he said.

Mullen's testimony comes two months after President Obama announced his decision to send 21,000 additional troops to Afghanistan to help bolster the war effort.

Mullen defended the decision to send more troops. But when asked by Senator Russ Feingold, a Wisconsin Democrat, whether the additional U.S. forces could destabilize Pakistan by driving Taliban and al-Qaida fighters further into that country, Mullen said he is not sure.
And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

JBS

Re: Al-Qaeda clearly headquartered in Pakistan: Mullen
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 04:56:27 pm »
Like they were in "clearly" Iraq and Afghanistan too no doubt. Notice where ever they are "headquartered" is the next country to be invaded and occupied and then genocided. It's world conquest one country at a time.

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 07:47:03 pm »
Yes, propaganda in full ON position wrt Pakistan. Such bs.
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Offline WACSweden

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 05:37:53 am »
Pakistan is the last place for them to talk about bin Laden, Al-Qaida, this whole 9/11 myth that Richard Clarke came up with. They are simply using this Al-Qaida cover to destroy the Pakistani central government, not because of finding bin Laden, but because Pakistan is a Chinese ally.

When Mullen talks about Al-Qaida moving into Yemen and even Somalia, he is exposing two points:

Continue with the Bernard Lewis plan for the Middle East, that is, carve up any nation that might resist U.S. interests in the region, and secondly, kick the Chinese out of Africa. This whole idea of creating U.S. AFRICOM is to start a war in Africa fighting over minerals/oil with the Chinese, who gets about 7 per cent of their oil from Sudan.

Remember Joe Biden screaming for the invasion of Sudan in the debates last year, who put that idea in his head? Zbigniew Brzezinski clearly likes to play chess, but he is going to lose this time, because both Russia and China are aware of his plan to push the Chinese out of Africa, and make them look for their oil in eastern Siberia, creating a major conflict with both powers.

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 05:58:27 am »
Pakistan is the last place for them to talk about bin Laden, Al-Qaida, this whole 9/11 myth that Richard Clarke came up with. They are simply using this Al-Qaida cover to destroy the Pakistani central government, not because of finding bin Laden, but because Pakistan is a Chinese ally.

When Mullen talks about Al-Qaida moving into Yemen and even Somalia, he is exposing two points:

Continue with the Bernard Lewis plan for the Middle East, that is, carve up any nation that might resist U.S. interests in the region, and secondly, kick the Chinese out of Africa. This whole idea of creating U.S. AFRICOM is to start a war in Africa fighting over minerals/oil with the Chinese, who gets about 7 per cent of their oil from Sudan.

Remember Joe Biden screaming for the invasion of Sudan in the debates last year, who put that idea in his head? Zbigniew Brzezinski clearly likes to play chess, but he is going to lose this time, because both Russia and China are aware of his plan to push the Chinese out of Africa, and make them look for their oil in eastern Siberia, creating a major conflict with both powers.

Hi and welcome! I agree with you - the recent agreement for the pipeline from Iran to China was/is now followed by a rash of 'terrorist' attacks in Pakistan, the objective of which is to turn Pakistani's against Afghan immigrants who are all 'defined' as terrorists at this point. Internal civil war commences.

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 03:40:28 pm »
Al-Qaeda is Headquartered in the MI6 building in London England with its largest satellite office in Langley, Virginia.

And that is the fact Jack!
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Godfather77

Osama Bin Laden Is In Pakistan: CIA Chief
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 04:48:44 pm »
Thursday June 11, 2009
Full article:- http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Al-Qaeda-Leader-Osama-Bin-Laden-Is-Hiding-In-Pakistan-CIA-Director-Leon-Panetta-Believes/Article/200906215301863

US intelligence chief Leon Panetta was asked by reporters whether he was sure that Bin Laden was in Pakistan. Mr Panetta replied: "The last information we had, that's still the case."

The US spy agency hopes to close in on him as Pakistan's military cracks down on the tribal area where he is thought to be hiding.

He also said al Qaeda "remains the most serious security threat" to the United States and its leaders, particularly in Pakistan, continue to plot against America.

There are "a number of people" on the ground in Pakistan providing intelligence on al Qaeda targets to the US, he said. The intelligence agency is also focusing on countries where al Qaeda might find safe havens, like Somalia and Yemen, Mr Panetta went on.

Mr Panetta said finding bin Laden is "one of our major priorities."

He added: "One of our hopes is that the Pakistanis move in militarily, combined with our operations, we may be able to have a better chance" to find him.

wvoutlaw2002

Re: Osama Bin Laden Is In Pakistan: CIA Chief
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 05:05:11 pm »
If Osama's in Pakistan, then he's either buried in a grave or died deep in the caves and decomposed into skeletal remains.

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
Re: Osama Bin Laden Is In Pakistan: CIA Chief
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 06:50:21 pm »
Thursday June 11, 2009
Full article:- http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Al-Qaeda-Leader-Osama-Bin-Laden-Is-Hiding-In-Pakistan-CIA-Director-Leon-Panetta-Believes/Article/200906215301863

US intelligence chief Leon Panetta was asked by reporters whether he was sure that Bin Laden was in Pakistan. Mr Panetta replied: "The last information we had, that's still the case."

The US spy agency hopes to close in on him as Pakistan's military cracks down on the tribal area where he is thought to be hiding.

He also said al Qaeda "remains the most serious security threat" to the United States and its leaders, particularly in Pakistan, continue to plot against America.

There are "a number of people" on the ground in Pakistan providing intelligence on al Qaeda targets to the US, he said. The intelligence agency is also focusing on countries where al Qaeda might find safe havens, like Somalia and Yemen, Mr Panetta went on.

Mr Panetta said finding bin Laden is "one of our major priorities."

He added: "One of our hopes is that the Pakistanis move in militarily, combined with our operations, we may be able to have a better chance" to find him.

Another reason they will use to put US troops into Pakistan.