Author Topic: MSM-walls street-Rebels w/out cause, dillusionary  (Read 917 times)

Offline chris jones

MSM-walls street-Rebels w/out cause, dillusionary
« on: October 08, 2011, 11:46:03 am »
A C. Berg article. This is what the the spin is. I never heard of this guy Berg before this article. Just Another sukling.
C B. writes...
Comparisons between the Arab Spring and Wall Street protests are facile.
IT'S hard to imagine a comparison more trite than that made between the Arab Spring and the Occupy Wall Street protests in New York. The former involves millions in the Muslim world revolting against dictators and autocrats. For decades, police states have squashed dissent and violated human rights.
The latter is a small protest against consumer capitalism. The Wall Street protesters don't like executive salaries, industrial agriculture, drug patents and personal debt. They're annoyed with corporate influence on politics and society.
The Occupy Wall Street protest has spread to 100 American cities. It seems no press report on it is complete without reference to events in the Middle East.
On ABC's Q&A last Monday, journalist Mona Eltahawy said the American movement was directly inspired by the Arab revolts. And the organisers of a local Occupy Melbourne - convening next Saturday to avoid weekday traffic - claim kinship with those who paid with their lives to rise against Muammar Gaddafi. That's not just trite; it's insulting.
It's hard to detect much of a relationship beyond their shared use of Twitter and Facebook.
When Arab revolutionaries talk about their human rights being violated, they refer to murder, torture and looting. The Occupy Wall Street crowd refer to having to repay college loans or a mortgage.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/politics/rebels-without-a-cause-indulge-in-delusions-of-revolution-20111008-1lf1i.html#ixzz1aD2OUgYX
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/politics/rebels-without-a-cause-indulge-in-delusions-of-revolution-20111008-1lf1i.html#ixzz1aD25pBXV

Offline rubyridge

Re: MSM-walls street-Rebels w/out cause, dillusionary
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 12:40:54 pm »
A C. Berg article. This is what the the spin is. I never heard of this guy Berg before this article. Just Another sukling.
C B. writes...
Comparisons between the Arab Spring and Wall Street protests are facile.
IT'S hard to imagine a comparison more trite than that made between the Arab Spring and the Occupy Wall Street protests in New York. The former involves millions in the Muslim world revolting against dictators and autocrats. For decades, police states have squashed dissent and violated human rights.
The latter is a small protest against consumer capitalism. The Wall Street protesters don't like executive salaries, industrial agriculture, drug patents and personal debt. They're annoyed with corporate influence on politics and society.
The Occupy Wall Street protest has spread to 100 American cities. It seems no press report on it is complete without reference to events in the Middle East.
On ABC's Q&A last Monday, journalist Mona Eltahawy said the American movement was directly inspired by the Arab revolts. And the organisers of a local Occupy Melbourne - convening next Saturday to avoid weekday traffic - claim kinship with those who paid with their lives to rise against Muammar Gaddafi. That's not just trite; it's insulting.
It's hard to detect much of a relationship beyond their shared use of Twitter and Facebook.
When Arab revolutionaries talk about their human rights being violated, they refer to murder, torture and looting. The Occupy Wall Street crowd refer to having to repay college loans or a mortgage.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/politics/rebels-without-a-cause-indulge-in-delusions-of-revolution-20111008-1lf1i.html#ixzz1aD2OUgYX
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/politics/rebels-without-a-cause-indulge-in-delusions-of-revolution-20111008-1lf1i.html#ixzz1aD25pBXV
   Moab UT is doing a march. Get on ham radio n1raj. keep informed if you have radio look for me email [email protected]. Get connected