Author Topic: CONFIRMED: Psychiatric Manual labels free thinkers as mentally ill  (Read 17179 times)

uswgo

It is now confirmed by USWGO News that the DSM-IV-TR Manual labels free thinkers, non conformers, civil disobedient advocates, those that question authority, and people considered hostile toward the government (aka Oath keepers and local militias) as mentally ill with the illness titled “oppositional defiant disorder” or ODD.

It was reported on October 8 2010 from OffTheGrid News that anybody who is disobedient, defiant,  a free thinker, or even considered hostile toward authority was to be labeled by psychiatrists as 'Mentally Ill'.

Now I have got my hands on a ebook version of the year 2000 version of the 'Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental  Disorders DSM-IV-TR Fourth Edition (Text Revision) By the American Psychiatric Association version DSM-TV-TR (The non TR Version was said to be older and so I got the newer one which had the information that Off The Grid News warned about).

Now as I search up the keywords “oppositional defiant disorder” on adobe reader I found exactly what Off The Grid News was talking about. So it is now Confirmed basically that anyone who disobeys authority or even questions authority is now considered mentally ill and can be thrown in a prison-like mental institution under tax payers dollars.

Source: http://uswgo.com/confirmed-psychiatric-manual-dsm-iv-tr-labels-free-thinkers-non-conformers-as-mentally-ill.htm

Confirmation from: http://www.prisonplanet.com/is-free-thinking-a-mental-illness.html

Offline Freeski

Re: CONFIRMED: Psychiatric Manual labels free thinkers as mentally ill
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 09:42:41 pm »
I have been waiting for this for a long time...

Thanks USWGO! I'm sure KiwiClare will chime in before long.
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Modzilla_Kicker

• V for Victory
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 11:09:28 pm »
I could understand why, in their mindset, anyone who dares challenge their autocratic rule is considered mentally ill, and it's because a normal person would - normally and necessarily - under the particular conditions that they will have set up in this future global dictatorship, with its full-spectrum dominance propaganda/fear-mongering police state, feel scared and not dare challenge the system. So, only those who are mentally abnormal, for whatever reason, just like those drugged-up shrimps who dare to let themselves exposed to their predators, which goes against their natural/normal inhibitive instincts of self-preservation, would dare to think beyond and outside the scientifically-crafted paradigm of thinking. Regardless of whether these people are normal or not, the relevant question is whether at some point in human history, imbalances and imperfections in the human race could be the ultimate savior of the race itself..
Awareness. Resistance. Victory.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 08:24:26 am »
New mental illnesses identified by the DSM-IV include arrogance, narcissism, above-average creativity, cynicism, and antisocial behavior.  In the past, these were called “personality traits,” but now they’re diseases.

-----

A Washington Post article observed that, if Mozart were born today, he would be diagnosed with ADD and “medicated into barren normality.”

-----

Don't be normal: be you!
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 08:36:33 am »
Look at this statement, carefully:

Defined as an “ongoing pattern of disobedient, hostile and defiant behavior,” symptoms include questioning authority, negativity, defiance, argumentativeness, and being easily annoyed.

Children aside, because children are children.

If one questions authority, it is only natural and logical that they will think negatively about that authority -- and defy and argue with said authority and be annoyed by it. It is only an ongoing patterm because the individual being assessed is consistent in their position.

This is dangerous junk science.

uswgo

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 07:11:49 pm »

this has now gone viral. It appeared on WeAreChange just today.

http://www.wearechange.org/?p=4154

Also it is on nwowire I found out.

http://nwowire.com/?p=3068

I wonder if infowars will carry it next?

This needs to get out everywhere because the Soviets did the same thing of using psychiatry to throw dissidents into mental prisons.

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 07:32:45 pm »
Psychiatry touts itself as a Science, which it is not.  It does not use scientific method to prove or disprove their theories.  Yet, somehow, the bunch has infiltrated our society as some kind of authority.

The DSM-IV is Psychiatry's "bible."  In it, all the mental disorders are outlined & added to.

When one reads the DSM-IV, they soon realize {just like with CPS's every act of parenting being child abuse} that every act of being human is seen as "mentally-ill."  What is WRONG with this picture?

Love, e

Offline MonkeyPuppet

• aut libertas aut mors
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 07:45:14 pm »

Put out by the Citizens Commission on Human Rights (founded by a Scientologist), but still an excellent exposé on psychiatry.

Psychiatry: An Industry of Death

Income Tax: Shattering The Myths
w w w . original intent . o r g

The 1911 in .45 ACP... don't leave home without it!  Safety first!!

Offline Doctor Obama

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 01:56:48 pm »
I've been taking Glenn Becks advice by drinking buckets of fluoride, watching hours of CNN and MSNBC propaganda before praying to my lord and saviour Barack Obama to which his shrine serves as my bedpost watching over me at night. When I wake up, I brush my teeth with some more fluoride, read the newspaper to catch up Lindsey Lohan, Paris Hilton and all the celebrity gossip I was missing out on by wasting my time with wacky conspiracy stuff the government has deemed not safe for viewing, ever. I do my part however by reading the paragraph dedicated to financial news reminding me that recession is over. Awesome. Well, it's time to go to work now. Whoops. Silly me. I don't have a job--but I do have healthcare I probably won't need because fluoride is good for my body, anyways.

I'll just go see my government appointed psychiatrist instead. We've been working on a daily regiment to cure me from my oppositional defiant disorder. To be honest, I can't say I'm too excited. I know I've been making great leaps in progress but I still hate being stopped at the check points and forced to lick boots, but in time, I'll just learn to deal with it just like the doctor prescribed.

Signed,

Subject of the State 20304#

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 03:03:19 pm »
The DSM is a pseudo-scientific POLITICAL document influenced by the current ruling powers-that-be. It is primarily a tool for social control, where "Normal" means your behavior is in sync with the political agenda. Abnormal is therefore anyone who questions the political agenda.

DSM: Diagnosing for Money and Power
Summary of the Critique of the DSM

http://www.zurinstitute.com/dsmcritique.html

The DSM has undergone a sociopolitical, economically driven evolution since its inception in 1952 when it emerged as a diagnostic tool for physicians who framed it in the medical model. Emerging from a psychoanalytic perspective, pathology was seen to reside within the individual, resulting in expression through neurotic conflict.

Subsequent revisions in 1980 and 1987 evolved toward a more firmly biopsychological perspective. In a response to insurance companies' need for increasing specificity in diagnosis, we saw an increase in the number of available diagnostic labels from 297 in 1994 to 374 in 2000. The current criterion focuses on medication management of behavioral symptomology over psychotherapy.

The primary elements that have survived all revisions are the intrapsychic focus and the power of political and economic agendas. Many clinicians are unaware that the DSM is more political than scientific, that there is little agreement among professionals regarding the meaning of vaguely defined terms and that it includes only scant empirical data.

The constructors of the DSM point to the following positive uses for its system of psychiatric diagnostic codes:

* It can be helpful for clinicians and mental health practitioners as they construct treatment plans, especially evidence based treatment plans.

* It provides a consistent structure and vocabulary for professionals, which helps with communication and collaboration.

* It can facilitate continuity of medical care and collaboration between professionals of varying treatment modalities.

* It is consistent with many forms of current medical record keeping.

* It can facilitate unified data collection for survey, pharmacological and other research purposes.

* It can be instrumental for the compilation and retrieval of statistical health information.

* It simplifies the reporting of unified data to interested third parties,
such as the World Health Organization and insurance companies.

Diagnosis of physical problems is obviously extremely helpful. In principle, psychiatric diagnosis can be helpful as well. Unfortunately, psychiatric labeling has been developed and applied in biased ways and has resulted in more harm than good.

=======================================

Excerpted from the article posted above...

The DSM is a powerful tool of social control, as its criteria is a primary tool used to judge who is normal or abnormal, sane or insane or who should remain free or be hospitalized against their will.

Diagnostic inclusion in the DSM is influenced more significantly by the faction currently holding professional political power than by what science reveals.

The DSM tends to pathologize normal behaviors. Existential anxieties, for example, are labeled "Anxiety Disorder". As a result, some kinds of normal and rather healthy anxieties are viewed and treated as mental illness. Similarly, shyness can too easily be seen and treated as "Social Phobia", lasting grief as "Complicated Grief Reaction", spirited and strong willed children as "Oppositional Disorder", fearful minorities as "Paranoid" and those who experience spiritual events as "Delusional". Consequently, many psychotherapists, regardless of their theoretical orientations, tend to follow the DSM as it is in their professional best interest.

The DSM is primarily driven and controlled by psychiatrists, insurance companies and the psychopharmacological industry. Each group has a direct financial interest in focusing on individual pathology (rather than familial or societal), inevitably leading to medication-based solutions and shorter periods of treatment. The DSM has been referred to as the pharmaceutical companies' "bible," because without its coded diseases there would be no drug trials. Without medications psychiatrists stand to lose their place in the treatment hierarchy, and the DSM would loose its legitimacy as a necessary biological-medical tool.[/b][/size]

The DSM is "driven and controlled" by Psychiatrists, Insurance Companies and Pharma - the DSM is about controlling people, labeling people and forcing "normal" to be what we call "sheep". No thanks.

And by the way... what else is "Normal" for the Psychiatrists who defend the DSM? How about torture? How about Psychiatrists and Psychologists who assist in torturing prisoners in Afghanistan, Iraq, Gitmo, and other CIA black sites around the world?  And how about psychiatry's long-standing involvement in mind-control and human experimentation? That's normal?

Fortunately, there are some psychiatrists and psychologists who are alarmed and speaking out about the abuses... as in the following...

The CIA Doctors: Psychiatry & Mind Control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IStoyUb697c&feature=player_embedded#!

Psychiatrist Colin Ross, author of The CIA Doctors and Military Mind Control describes the longstanding relationship between intelligence agencies, the military, psychiatry and psychology in Mind Control experiments on unwitting subjects, including the use of LSD, psychiatric drugs, radiation, brain electrode implants and hypnosis, verified through government documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).

The CIA Doctors: Human Rights Violations by American Psychiatrists
http://www.amazon.com/CIA-Doctors-Violations-American-Psychiatrists/dp/0976550806/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1

And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 03:17:40 pm »
Although we may not know it, we have, in our day,
witnessed the birth of the Therapeutic State. This is perhaps the major
implication of psychiatry as an institution of social control.

--Thomas S. Szasz, Law, Liberty, and Psychiatry:
An Inquiry Into the Social Uses of Mental Health Practices
   The Macmillan Company, New York, 1963, p. 212.

See this thread for an interesting interview with Thomas Szasz, the author of "The Myth of Mental Illness":

The foremost psychiatric critic of our times, Thomas Szasz, engages in an in-depth dialogue of his life's work including freedom and liberty, the myth of mental illness, drug laws, the fragile state of psychotherapy, and his passion for humanistic values and social justice.

The Myth of Mental Illness 101 ...

And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Protean

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 03:50:24 pm »
CONFIRMED: Psychiatric Manual labels free thinkers as mentally ill

Damn the cat's out of the bag.   :o  WTF am I going to do?  ???

Wait a minute....I am getting a thought---Oh SHIT--there I go: free thinking again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 03:57:29 pm »
CONFIRMED: Psychiatric Manual labels free thinkers as mentally ill

Damn the cat's out of the bag.   :o  WTF am I going to do?  ???

Wait a minute....I am getting a thought---Oh SHIT--there I go: free thinking again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry.  Just take the big pharma drug they give you and you'll be the zombie they want.  Especially if you watch TV after taking your reccommeded psychotrope.

Love, e

Offline Mr Grinch

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 04:08:44 pm »
Dr. Thomas Szasz Exposes Psychiatry 4 mins .. according to these fiends of the period it was a psychological disorder for slaves to run away for freedom........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk4hWWPv9EY

I posted a thread a long time ago....

Lets expose them for the fraudsters (false Gods) they are in as complete a way as possible....

Heres a preliminary google vid search...
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=fraud+psychiatry&hl=en&emb=#  

Dr. Jeffrey Schaler on Psychiatry as a Fraud 9 mins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJelid_QVb0

Dr. Thomas Szasz Exposes Psychiatry 4 mins (You'll like this one)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk4hWWPv9EY

Psychiatry EXPOSED! 4 min
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b30iwhEw9ho

Psychiatry: An industry_of_Death - 1:47:56
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-30073771927921128&ei=1EopSrSkEZPaqAPSltmWCQ&q=fraud+psychiatry&hl=en
I will post more stuff today......

The History Of Political Correctness or: Why have things gotten so crazy?

Common sense is not so common.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire

uswgo

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 01:46:29 am »

ur welcome. Long live the InfoWar! Long live the truth! Long live the republic! Long live liberty and freedom!

Down with the satanic psychopaths that worship a twenty foot stone owl!

Offline Michal Ptacnik

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 04:59:02 am »
Well, psychiatry is in a way the modern inquisition, taking care of the undesirables that would otherwise harm the status quo... nothing new under the Sun indeed.

Offline KiwiClare

• Either you're with us or with the terrorists
    • Northland New Zealand Chemtrails Watch
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 09:32:34 pm »
Confirmed: Writers Of DSM Working For Tyrants

Given the continual march to crush opposition to the criminals in government, what can we expect - and they are using the psychiatrists to do it - people who have the power to prescribe poisons that literally shrink people’s brains and can significantly reduce life spans.   

Having stated that, read this comment that was left on the Infowars.com website last year, under the article about my being deemed delusional and held against my will because I stated 9/11 was an inside job:
http://www.prisonplanet.com/held-in-a-psychiatric-ward-called-%E2%80%9Cdelusional%E2%80%9D-for-saying-911-was-an-inside-job.html

“This happens far more often than most people imagine.   I am an outpatient therapist at a community mental health clinic, and believe me, I’ve witnessed more involuntary commitments than I can count, simply because a patient verbalized “delusions” such as “9/11 was an inside job,” mentioned FEMA camps, or discussed health concerns related to chemtrails, fluoridated water or genetically modified foods. If my patients mentioned these things, I have to be extremely careful how I document my treatment notes to avoid a trip to the local funny farm.
Sadly though, most of my patients also see staff psychiatrists for their meds. Should any of them mention such things, they are immediately tagged with an incorrect and lifelong diagnosis, typically paranoid schizophrenic or delusional disorder, and more often than not, considered actively psychotic and thus hospitalized against their will.

I bet a lot of psychiatrists medicate people like us to manage their own discomfort with what we are saying.

"The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim." - Gustave Le Bon
To be persuasive, we must be believable,
To be believable, we must be credible,
To be credible, we must be truthful.
- Edward R. Murrow

Offline KiwiClare

• Either you're with us or with the terrorists
    • Northland New Zealand Chemtrails Watch
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 01:44:35 am »
I bet a lot of psychiatrists medicate people like us to manage their own discomfort with what we are saying.

That should have read: I bet a lot of psychiatrists medicate people like us (people in the truth movement) in order to manage their own discomfort.

This news from the Danish will I hope, bring hope:
We have received tremendously inspiring reports from the Danish "(Ex-) Users of Psychiatry" movement in the last couple of weeks.  With courage and planning and lots of communication, the anti-psychiatry movement in that small country is exposing the alarming numbers of deaths resulting from exposure to psychiatry.  A great number of young Danish citizens are being disabled and then pensioned due to psychiatric exposure and this issue has also been revealed.

As a result, Danish government officials are actually cutting funding for psychiatry.  The story is brought to us by citizen reporter Elsebeth Halckendorff.  We are devoting this issue to full coverage of the courageous Danish psychiatric reform movement and the impact that their work is having on curtailing psychiatric damage in Denmark.

Very best, Ginger Breggin, Editor

http://www.breggin.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=285
http://www.empathictherapy.org/
To be persuasive, we must be believable,
To be believable, we must be credible,
To be credible, we must be truthful.
- Edward R. Murrow

Offline Liberty4all

• C.E.O. of Hell
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 07:04:35 pm »
Why let the drug companies have all the fun?

YOU can invent diseases, too!

http://www.naturalnews.com/disease-mongering-engine.asp