Author Topic: UK's Planned Rioting spreads to force the middle class to pray for police state  (Read 113052 times)

Offline CaptBebops

I never understand people rioting, looting and burning down their own neighborhoods.  They should have marched on the neighborhoods of the oligarchs and the financial districts.  Now that would be real revolution.

Offline endof

I will give Max this.

there is a very mutinous mood in the air, everywhere you go in this country and i have been to all corners of this inner union.

a spark...

Offline RonPaulRocks

• Neocons Beware!
    • Calgary 9/11 Truth
I never understand people rioting, looting and burning down their own neighborhoods.  They should have marched on the neighborhoods of the oligarchs and the financial districts.  Now that would be real revolution.

You don't understand it because its STAGED!  Thats why.  If it was a real revolution they would never attack their own people.  They would attack the bankers and Royal family.

I know people from working as a hack for 10 years.  There are no people that do this.  I've met the whole city.  This is the work of black ops.  ITS STAGED!
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.  -- George Orwell

Offline endof

BBC: "I Think police shouldnt have stood off and they should have been more pro active, in the future we need police to have the authority TO STOP A RIOT BEFORE IT STARTS"

Offline 2stevejc

When your car gets stolen, it's these people. When you or somebody you know gets mugged, it's these people. When you or your neighbour are burgled, it's these people.
When you cross the road to avoid a group of idiots, it's these people. These people attack their own people every day. I grew up around them.

Wow, That's f*cked up

Offline endof

Offline RonPaulRocks

• Neocons Beware!
    • Calgary 9/11 Truth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNPyVaZsbM0

read the annotations!

Good find.  Shows how blatantly staged this is.
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.  -- George Orwell

Offline chris jones

Whats missing here, cops have undercovers in place, seeing eyes, informants, the beat of the street drums is not a silent one. This to me is a grabber, all of a sudden  a mob penetrates London. Please, it simply doesn't fit, this puzzle is missing peices.
  This action was just what the the power wanted, now they can begin their controll, the common folk will be begging for it.
  I agree with most, the culture of the youth, the street gangs, easily led, ignorent, violent. Knowing this, being aware of their mentality its very possible they were given a nudge. The fire was there all along, it simply needed to be fueled.
 I have read money changed hands. It was stated ?journalists? paid some gang leaders.
 Ex cons run the gangs, the kids heroes. How easy it would be to arrange these gangs to unite.
 The end will be in whose favor, the gang bangers or the upper crust, who profits from this?
 The statment they made, zero, they bent over and stuffed their heads up arrrse.
I've read the replys from the Brits, but guys please take into consideration the cops role in this, why did they let these punks go bezerk. (Who ordered the standown).
                           Now comes the hammer of CONTROLL.

Offline CaptBebops

You don't understand it because its STAGED!  Thats why.  If it was a real revolution they would never attack their own people.  They would attack the bankers and Royal family.

I know people from working as a hack for 10 years.  There are no people that do this.  I've met the whole city.  This is the work of black ops.  ITS STAGED!

Yes, I understand it can be staged and probably is.  Geez, dial down the presumptuousness.

Offline dkwannabe

• Patriot Panda's Xanga
Birmingham riots: three men killed 'protecting homes'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8693095/Birmingham-riots-three-men-killed-protecting-homes.html

A murder investigation has been launched after three people were killed “doing the job of the police” during widespread rioting.

Keen amateur boxer Haroon Jahan, 21, and two brothers were hit by a speeding car in Birmingham in the early hours of this morning,
• Thursday: watch the Commons riots debate live
Officers have arrested a 32-year-old man in connection with the deaths and a car has also been recovered.
Tariq Jahan, the father of Haroon, told how he desperately tried to revive his son as he waited for medics to arrive.
“I didn't see it (the fatal incident) with my own eyes. I was round the corner... I heard the car coming at high speed.

“Then we heard the bang and I heard the commotion with the people. I ran towards the commotion and the first guy I found was someone I didn't know.
“I started giving him CPR until somebody pointed out that the guy behind me was my son on the floor.
“Then I swapped positions and started giving him CPR. All the street were out and basically he was looking out for the whole community.”
Police said the incident happened in the Winson Green area of the city at about 1am Wednesday morning.
According to witnesses, the car, containing up to three passengers, hit the three men at around 50mph but did not stop.
Locals said the victims, who were aged between 20 and 31, were part of a group who had gathered to protect local shops used by all sections of the community.
Resident Mohammed Shakiel, a 34-year-old carpenter, said: “We got a call that there had been a car that had been set alight and a group of youths had moved further up the road.
“They put the fire out but there were still yobs on the street - they had no agenda other than simple stealing.”
Mr Shakiel said of the victims, “They lost their lives for other people, doing the job of the police.
“They weren't standing outside a mosque, a temple, a synagogue or a church - they were standing outside shops where everybody goes. They were protecting the community as a whole.”
Another friend of the victims, who declined to give his name, said one of the men ran a local car wash, while another worked as a mechanic.
Hundreds of teenage rioters caused widespread disruption in the city last night as police made 109 arrests across Birmingham, Wolverhampton and West Bromwich.
Police said 19 people from the force area are due to appear in court today charged with offences including burglary, theft and violent disorder.
Tariq Jahan, who lives about 40 yards from the scene of the incident, described his son to BBC Radio 5 live saying: “He was a good lad. He was very, very intelligent, very smart.
“You can't explain losing a son. It's going to be hard for me now.”
The grieving father also appealed for there to be no revenge for his son's death and for the law to be allowed to take its course.
He added: “Tensions are already high in the area. It's already bad enough what we are seeing on the streets now without other people taking the law into their own hands.”
A spokesman for West Midlands Police said: “Three men have died following a road traffic collision in the Winson Green area of Birmingham which detectives are treating as murder.
“The incident occurred just after 1am in Dudley Road. Three men were taken to hospital where they subsequently died from their injuries.
“West Midlands Police have launched a murder inquiry, arrested one man in connection with the incident and recovered a vehicle from near the scene which will be examined by forensics experts.”
Police appealed for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.
West Midlands Ambulance Service confirmed that the victims had been in collision with a car and that crews of paramedics found around 80 people at the scene of the incident when then arrived.
A spokesman for the ambulance service added: “The incident took place close to the Jet filling station on Dudley Road in Winson Green at approximately 1.15am.
“Three ambulances, two rapid response vehicles and an incident support officer was sent to the scene.
“When crews arrived they found around 80 people at the scene with resuscitation ongoing on three men.
“Crews used their advanced life support skills while police officers provided support.”
"Free societies are not meant to be safe, they are meant to be free. Quit being a victim and learn to defend yourself."

Offline RonPaulRocks

• Neocons Beware!
    • Calgary 9/11 Truth
I just hope there are more people that can get a hold of Alex to give information about how they were paid to riot.

Offline Novus Ordo

Whats missing here, cops have undercovers in place, seeing eyes, informants, the beat of the street drums is not a silent one. This to me is a grabber, all of a sudden  a mob penetrates London. Please, it simply doesn't fit, this puzzle is missing peices.
  This action was just what the the power wanted, now they can begin their controll, the common folk will be begging for it.
  I agree with most, the culture of the youth, the street gangs, easily led, ignorent, violent. Knowing this, being aware of their mentality its very possible they were given a nudge. The fire was there all along, it simply needed to be fueled.
 I have read money changed hands. It was stated ?journalists? paid some gang leaders.
 Ex cons run the gangs, the kids heroes. How easy it would be to arrange these gangs to unite.
 The end will be in whose favor, the gang bangers or the upper crust, who profits from this?
 The statment they made, zero, they bent over and stuffed their heads up arrrse.
I've read the replys from the Brits, but guys please take into consideration the cops role in this, why did they let these punks go bezerk. (Who ordered the standown).
                           Now comes the hammer of CONTROLL.

It's not like the police have had to edure huge cut backs in spending & felt the need to make a point to the government or anything like that /cough

Offline aLLyOuRbAsE

• Free Man
I just hope there are more people that can get a hold of Alex to give information about how they were paid to riot.

do you live in england?

whilst i dont doubt there is police corruption and provocation, the vast majority are just the scum we see on the streets everyday.
Peace and Love.

If I don't, who will?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcx9BJRadfw

The ends do NOT justify the means...

Offline decemberfellow

UK Riots: Government Prepares Troops, Martial Law

Following numerous reports of failures on behalf  of police to arrest looters or adequately respond to the riots in London that  are now sweeping across the entire UK, curfews and troops on the streets are now  being readied as authorities prepare to enforce martial law to quell massive  civil unrest.

BBC News twice reported this morning that troops  were being readied. The statement was first made by a reporter at 8:30am and  then repeated by a Metropolitan Police representative who said “all options were  on the table”.

Eyewitnesses: Police stood back and allowed rioters to loot private businesses

Its here    full article:http://www.sovereignindependent.com/?p=24609
Rev21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Who am I
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Fk6dt_uHo

Offline decemberfellow

Youths Offered Money To Start Riots

Violence in Leicester after “journalists” tried to pay off kids, according to  Tweets

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
Wednesday, August 10, 2011

As massive unrest plaguing the United Kingdom  spread from London to other cities last night, claims emerged that individuals  calling themselves journalists were offering to pay youths to start riots,  suggesting an effort to provocateur some of the violence.

http://www.sovereignindependent.com/?p=24655
Rev21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Who am I
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Fk6dt_uHo

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page

Blackberry’s encrypted messaging system is under attack.

BlackBerry silent after calls for messaging service suspension

Blackberry’s encrypted messaging system is hugely popular with British teenagers. It is also popular with the rioters who laid waste to areas of London over the weekend. But calls for the service to suspended are likely to fall on deaf ears.

By Eric Olander

BlackBerry makers Research in Motion (RIM) remained tight-lipped Wednesday after calls for its free messaging service to be suspended because it was being used by rioters in London.
On Tuesday David Lammy, Labour Member of Parliament for the Tottenham area of London where the rioting began, blamed BlackBerry’s instant messaging service (BBM) for helping the mobs that brought carnage to the streets of the English capital.

Lammy tweeted on Tuesday: “Immediate action needed. LDNers cannot have another evening like last night tonight. BBM clearly helping rioters outfox Police. Suspend it.”

BlackBerry responded Tuesday with its own tweet: “We feel for those impacted by the riots in London. We have engaged with the authorities to assist in any way we can.”

more: http://www.france24.com/en/20110810-blackberry-messaging-service-suspension-uk-riots-london-lammy-technology

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
Why Violent Revolution Is Not The Answer

Offline RonPaulRocks

• Neocons Beware!
    • Calgary 9/11 Truth
Why Violent Revolution Is Not The Answer

This is so completely staged.  Normal people never do that and plus go on Twitter bullshit.

Offline Sasha

• Sasha
This is so completely staged.  Normal people never do that and plus go on Twitter bullshit.

She's as good as convicted.  Self-incriminating testimony and everything.  Holigans or not, there're just dumb.  This is no revolution, this is a riot plain and simple.

"A disorderly mob is no more an army than a heap of building materials is a house" -Socrates (!!!!!!)
Morality is contraband in war.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline ekimdrachir

• METATRON ON
    • Go Outside
If it was a real person im sure they would be arrested right away.

Offline Sasha

• Sasha
If it was a real person im sure they would be arrested right away.

Doubt it not, less she be real and the law nakedly asks for worse and worse.
Morality is contraband in war.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
Hey look...these 'spontaneous and organic' rioters have devastated UK's INDEPENDENT music industry:

http://news.yahoo.com/british-indie-music-labels-suffer-rioters-burn-warehouse-182923079.html

That is the way to declare human rights and scare the British Royal Family!

Hip hip hoo-ray.

WTF, this is RAND CORP SMART MOBS...they are real and they are controlled by cybernetic forced feedback loop systems, total information awareness, predictable response, and thousands of other technologies that Bilderberg has been developing for the past 50 years. THIS IS THEIR NEW COMMUNIST REVOLUTION THAT TOOK OVER HALF THE PLANET FOR THE OFFSHORE BANKSTERS AND INCESTUOUS ROYALS!
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Ever wonder how Scotland Yard is controlling the communications to these 'Smart Mob' Patsies?
Derrrr, deeeeeeeeeeee, derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
YOUR TAX MONEY AT WORK!

US creates a "Cyber Al-Qaeda" to destroy sovereign countries
Clinton cites 'historic opportunity" to manufacture a new enemy for the future

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43369742/ns/technology_and_science-the_new_york_times
By JAMES GLANZ and JOHN MARKOFF

The Obama administration is leading a global effort to deploy “shadow” Internet and mobile phone systems that dissidents can use to undermine repressive governments that seek to silence them by censoring or shutting down telecommunications networks. The effort includes secretive projects to create independent cellphone networks inside foreign countries, as well as one operation out of a spy novel in a fifth-floor shop on L Street in Washington, where a group of young entrepreneurs who look as if they could be in a garage band are fitting deceptively innocent-looking hardware into a prototype “Internet in a suitcase.” Financed with a $2 million State Department grant, the suitcase could be secreted across a border and quickly set up to allow wireless communication over a wide area with a link to the global Internet. The American effort, revealed in dozens of interviews, planning documents and classified diplomatic cables obtained by The New York Times, ranges in scale, cost and sophistication. Some projects involve technology that the United States is developing; others pull together tools that have already been created by hackers in a so-called liberation-technology movement sweeping the globe.

The State Department, for example, is financing the creation of stealth wireless networks that would enable activists to communicate outside the reach of governments in countries like Iran, Syria and Libya, according to participants in the projects. In one of the most ambitious efforts, United States officials say, the State Department and Pentagon have spent at least $50 million to create an independent cellphone network in Afghanistan using towers on protected military bases inside the country. It is intended to offset the Taliban’s ability to shut down the official Afghan services, seemingly at will. The effort has picked up momentum since the government of President Hosni Mubarak shut down the Egyptian Internet in the last days of his rule. In recent days, the Syrian government also temporarily disabled much of that country’s Internet, which had helped protesters mobilize.

The Obama administration’s initiative is in one sense a new front in a longstanding diplomatic push to defend free speech and nurture democracy. For decades, the United States has sent radio broadcasts into autocratic countries through Voice of America and other means. More recently, Washington has supported the development of software that preserves the anonymity of users in places like China, and training for citizens who want to pass information along the government-owned Internet without getting caught.  But the latest initiative depends on creating entirely separate pathways for communication. It has brought together an improbable alliance of diplomats and military engineers, young programmers and dissidents from at least a dozen countries, many of whom variously describe the new approach as more audacious and clever and, yes, cooler. Sometimes the State Department is simply taking advantage of enterprising dissidents who have found ways to get around government censorship. American diplomats are meeting with operatives who have been burying Chinese cellphones in the hills near the border with North Korea, where they can be dug up and used to make furtive calls, according to interviews and the diplomatic cables.

The new initiatives have found a champion in Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, whose department is spearheading the American effort. “We see more and more people around the globe using the Internet, mobile phones and other technologies to make their voices heard as they protest against injustice and seek to realize their aspirations,” Mrs. Clinton said in an e-mail response to a query on the topic. “There is a historic opportunity to effect positive change, change America supports,” she said. “So we’re focused on helping them do that, on helping them talk to each other, to their communities, to their governments and to the world.” Developers caution that independent networks come with downsides: repressive governments could use surveillance to pinpoint and arrest activists who use the technology or simply catch them bringing hardware across the border. But others believe that the risks are outweighed by the potential impact. “We’re going to build a separate infrastructure where the technology is nearly impossible to shut down, to control, to surveil,” said Sascha Meinrath, who is leading the “Internet in a suitcase” project as director of the Open Technology Initiative at the New America Foundation, a nonpartisan research group. “The implication is that this disempowers central authorities from infringing on people’s fundamental human right to communicate,” Mr. Meinrath added.

The invisible Web
In an anonymous office building on L Street in Washington, four unlikely State Department contractors sat around a table. Josh King, sporting multiple ear piercings and a studded leather wristband, taught himself programming while working as a barista. Thomas Gideon was an accomplished hacker. Dan Meredith, a bicycle polo enthusiast, helped companies protect their digital secrets. Then there was Mr. Meinrath, wearing a tie as the dean of the group at age 37. He has a master’s degree in psychology and helped set up wireless networks in underserved communities in Detroit and Philadelphia. The group’s suitcase project will rely on a version of “mesh network” technology, which can transform devices like cellphones or personal computers to create an invisible wireless web without a centralized hub. In other words, a voice, picture or e-mail message could hop directly between the modified wireless devices — each one acting as a mini cell “tower” and phone — and bypass the official network. Mr. Meinrath said that the suitcase would include small wireless antennas, which could increase the area of coverage; a laptop to administer the system; thumb drives and CDs to spread the software to more devices and encrypt the communications; and other components like Ethernet cables.

The project will also rely on the innovations of independent Internet and telecommunications developers. “The cool thing in this political context is that you cannot easily control it,” said Aaron Kaplan, an Austrian cybersecurity expert whose work will be used in the suitcase project. Mr. Kaplan has set up a functioning mesh network in Vienna and says related systems have operated in Venezuela, Indonesia and elsewhere. Mr. Meinrath said his team was focused on fitting the system into the bland-looking suitcase and making it simple to implement — by, say, using “pictograms” in the how-to manual. In addition to the Obama administration’s initiatives, there are almost a dozen independent ventures that also aim to make it possible for unskilled users to employ existing devices like laptops or smartphones to build a wireless network. One mesh network was created around Jalalabad, Afghanistan, as early as five years ago, using technology developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Creating simple lines of communication outside official ones is crucial, said Collin Anderson, a 26-year-old liberation-technology researcher from North Dakota who specializes in Iran, where the government all but shut down the Internet during protests in 2009. The slowdown made most “circumvention” technologies — the software legerdemain that helps dissidents sneak data along the state-controlled networks — nearly useless, he said. “No matter how much circumvention the protesters use, if the government slows the network down to a crawl, you can’t upload YouTube videos or Facebook postings,” Mr. Anderson said. “They need alternative ways of sharing information or alternative ways of getting it out of the country.” That need is so urgent, citizens are finding their own ways to set up rudimentary networks. Mehdi Yahyanejad, an Iranian expatriate and technology developer who co-founded a popular Persian-language Web site, estimates that nearly half the people who visit the site from inside Iran share files using Bluetooth — which is best known in the West for running wireless headsets and the like. In more closed societies, however, Bluetooth is used to discreetly beam information — a video, an electronic business card — directly from one cellphone to another. Mr. Yahyanejad said he and his research colleagues were also slated to receive State Department financing for a project that would modify Bluetooth so that a file containing, say, a video of a protester being beaten, could automatically jump from phone to phone within a “trusted network” of citizens. The system would be more limited than the suitcase but would only require the software modification on ordinary phones. By the end of 2011, the State Department will have spent some $70 million on circumvention efforts and related technologies, according to department figures. Mrs. Clinton has made Internet freedom into a signature cause. But the State Department has carefully framed its support as promoting free speech and human rights for their own sake, not as a policy aimed at destabilizing autocratic governments.  That distinction is difficult to maintain, said Clay Shirky, an assistant professor at New York University who studies the Internet and social media. “You can’t say, ‘All we want is for people to speak their minds, not bring down autocratic regimes’ — they’re the same thing,” Mr. Shirky said.  He added that the United States could expose itself to charges of hypocrisy if the State Department maintained its support, tacit or otherwise, for autocratic governments running countries like Saudi Arabia or Bahrain while deploying technology that was likely to undermine them.

Shadow cellphone system
In February 2009, Richard C. Holbrooke and Lt. Gen. John R. Allen were taking a helicopter tour over southern Afghanistan and getting a panoramic view of the cellphone towers dotting the remote countryside, according to two officials on the flight. By then, millions of Afghans were using cellphones, compared with a few thousand after the 2001 invasion. Towers built by private companies had sprung up across the country. The United States had promoted the network as a way to cultivate good will and encourage local businesses in a country that in other ways looked as if it had not changed much in centuries. There was just one problem, General Allen told Mr. Holbrooke, who only weeks before had been appointed special envoy to the region. With a combination of threats to phone company officials and attacks on the towers, the Taliban was able to shut down the main network in the countryside virtually at will. Local residents report that the networks are often out from 6 p.m. until 6 a.m., presumably to enable the Taliban to carry out operations without being reported to security forces. The Pentagon and State Department were soon collaborating on the project to build a “shadow” cellphone system in a country where repressive forces exert control over the official network. Details of the network, which the military named the Palisades project, are scarce, but current and former military and civilian officials said it relied in part on cell towers placed on protected American bases. A large tower on the Kandahar air base serves as a base station or data collection point for the network, officials said. A senior United States official said the towers were close to being up and running in the south and described the effort as a kind of 911 system that would be available to anyone with a cellphone. By shutting down cellphone service, the Taliban had found a potent strategic tool in its asymmetric battle with American and Afghan security forces. The United States is widely understood to use cellphone networks in Afghanistan, Iraq and other countries for intelligence gathering. And the ability to silence the network was also a powerful reminder to the local populace that the Taliban retained control over some of the most vital organs of the nation. When asked about the system, Lt. Col. John Dorrian, a spokesman for the American-led International Security Assistance Force, or ISAF, would only confirm the existence of a project to create what he called an “expeditionary cellular communication service” in Afghanistan. He said the project was being carried out in collaboration with the Afghan government in order to “restore 24/7 cellular access.” “As of yet the program is not fully operational, so it would be premature to go into details,” Colonel Dorrian said.  Colonel Dorrian declined to release cost figures. Estimates by United States military and civilian officials ranged widely, from $50 million to $250 million. A senior official said that Afghan officials, who anticipate taking over American bases when troops pull out, have insisted on an elaborate system. “The Afghans wanted the Cadillac plan, which is pretty expensive,” the official said.

Broad subversive effort
In May 2009, a North Korean defector named Kim met with officials at the American Consulate in Shenyang, a Chinese city about 120 miles from North Korea, according to a diplomatic cable. Officials wanted to know how Mr. Kim, who was active in smuggling others out of the country, communicated across the border. “Kim would not go into much detail,” the cable says, but did mention the burying of Chinese cellphones “on hillsides for people to dig up at night.” Mr. Kim said Dandong, China, and the surrounding Jilin Province “were natural gathering points for cross-border cellphone communication and for meeting sources.” The cellphones are able to pick up signals from towers in China, said Libby Liu, head of Radio Free Asia, the United States-financed broadcaster, who confirmed their existence and said her organization uses the calls to collect information for broadcasts as well.  The effort, in what is perhaps the world’s most closed nation, suggests just how many independent actors are involved in the subversive efforts. From the activist geeks on L Street in Washington to the military engineers in Afghanistan, the global appeal of the technology hints at the craving for open communication.  In a chat with a Times reporter via Facebook, Malik Ibrahim Sahad, the son of Libyan dissidents who largely grew up in suburban Virginia, said he was tapping into the Internet using a commercial satellite connection in Benghazi. “Internet is in dire need here. The people are cut off in that respect,” wrote Mr. Sahad, who had never been to Libya before the uprising and is now working in support of rebel authorities. Even so, he said, “I don’t think this revolution could have taken place without the existence of the World Wide Web.”
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
US bankrolls 'shadow Internet for dissidents' abroad

(AFP) – 3 hours ago

WASHINGTON — The US government is financing the development of "shadow" Internet systems to enable dissidents abroad to get around government censors, The New York Times reported on Sunday.

The newspaper said the covert effort also includes attempts to create independent cellphone networks inside foreign countries.

The operation involves a fifth-floor shop on L Street in Washington, where a group of young entrepreneurs are fitting deceptively innocent-looking hardware into a prototype "Internet in a suitcase," the report said.

Financed with a $2.0 million State Department grant, the suitcase could be secreted across a border and quickly set up to allow wireless communications over a wide area with a link to the global Internet, the paper noted.

Some projects involve technology being developed in the United States while others pull together tools that have already been created by hackers from the so-called liberation technology movement, The Times said.

The State Department is financing the creation of stealth wireless networks that would enable activists to communicate outside the reach of governments in countries like Iran, Syria and Libya, the paper said.

Read More
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jyLorww_LugjNffiBVsCsCOOgB9A?docId=CNG.1fcc0e7959c322e74e95e5dcb254ec68.271

US Underwrites Internet Detour Around Censors

CONTENTS:
Citing interviews, planning documents, and classified diplomatic cables, the paper says the plan "ranges in scale, cost and sophistication." (More...)
The State Department is also reported to be funding new stealth wireless networks for use in countries like Iran, Syria, and Libya. (More...)

Citing interviews, planning documents, and classified diplomatic cables, the paper says the plan "ranges in scale, cost and sophistication." Its aim, the paper says, is to "deploy'shadow' Internet and mobile phone systems that dissidents can use to undermine repressive governments that seek to silence them by censoring or shutting down telecommunications networks." It describes a mix of technology being developed under the auspices of the United States and independent projects that have arisen as part of the global "liberation-technology movement." "The New York Times" says the plan has picked up steam since President Hosni Mubarak's ill-fated regime shut down the Internet in Egypt in the days before he was ousted in February. It identifies one project as "Internet in a suitcase," delivering quick wireless access to a broad area in an easily transportable manner. Another entails the creation of a parallel cell-phone network in Afghanistan to counter militants' efforts to shut down official channels of communication. [1] WASHINGTON, June 12 (Reuters) - The Obama administration is leading a global effort to establish "shadow" Internet and cellphone systems to help dissidents undermine authoritarian governments, the New York Times reported on Sunday. The effort has quickened since former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak's government shut down the country's Internet in the last days of his rule, said the Times report, which cited planning documents, classified diplomatic cables and sources. [2]

WASHINGTON — The U.S. government is financing the development of "shadow" Internet systems to enable dissidents abroad to get around government censors, The New York Times reported on Sunday. [3]

The State Department is also financing creation of stealth wireless networks to enable activists to communicate beyond the reach of governments in countries like Iran, Syria and Libya, the Times said, citing participants in the projects. Another project focuses on development of an "Internet in a suitcase" that could be smuggled across a border and deployed to allow wireless communication with a link to the global Internet, the Times reported. [2] Financed with a $US2 million ($1.9 million) State Department grant, the suitcase could be secreted across a border and quickly set up to allow wireless communications over a wide area with a link to the global internet. [4]

In one project, the U.S. State Department and Pentagon have spent at least $50 million to create an independent cellphone network in Afghanistan using towers on military bases in the country, the Times said, citing unnamed U.S. officials. [2] The U.S. government has also spent at least $50 million to create an independent cellphone network in Afghanistan using towers on protected military bases inside the country, The Times said. It is intended to offset the Taliban?s ability to shut down the official Afghan services, the report noted. [3]

The New York Times said today the covert effort also includes attempts to create independent cellphone networks inside foreign countries. [4]

The United States has embarked on an effort that officials say is aimed at helping dissidents around the world counter censorship by repressive governments, according to a report in "The New York Times." [1]

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is backing the U.S. effort, according to the report. "We see more and more people around the globe using the Internet, mobile phones and other technologies to make their voices heard as they protest against injustice and seek to realize their aspirations," the Times quoted Clinton as saying in an email response to a query on the subject. [2]

THE U.S. Government is reportedly financing the development of shadow internet systems to enable dissidents abroad to get around government censors. [4]

The Times said some projects involve technology being developed in the U.S. while others pull together tools that have already been created by hackers from the so-called liberation technology movement. [4] The operation is aimed at counteracting the Taliban insurgency's ability to shut down official Afghan services, the Times said. [2]

The State Department is also reported to be funding new stealth wireless networks for use in countries like Iran, Syria, and Libya. [1] The newspaper said the covert effort also includes attempts to create independent cellphone networks inside foreign countries. [3]

SOURCES

1. U.S. Said Aiming To Help Dissidents Fight High-Tech Censorship - Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty © 2011
2. Secret U.S. effort aims to help dissidents - report | Reuters
3. AFP: US bankrolls'shadow Internet for dissidents' abroad
4. US Government financing internet in a box suitcase to help dissidents avoid censors, newspaper reports | Information, Gadgets, Mobile Phones News & Reviews | News.com.au

Offline Khazaq

England avoids fifth night of trouble - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/

"A huge police operation and heavy rain in some areas appear to have prevented a fifth night of disorder."

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
Please realize that the social engineers and technocrats do $Billions in research to understand riots, mobs, mob power, and how to use the mobs to forward their agendas. There is enough technology to feed the world 1,000x over. Famine is a man made operation considering the technology available today. Austerity is only possible because of the derivitives ponzi scheme which will never be paid back. All of these operations are intended to create chaos and then to guide the chaos to assist the elite in their agenda.

Here are a few of their publications concerning controlling riots and mobs:

The Dynamics of Riots: Escalation and Diffusion/Contagion
The Dvnamics of Aggression, ed. M. Potegal and J.F. Knutson (Lawrence Erlbaum, 1994) 257-306.

Mob sociology and escalated force: Sociology's contribution to repressive police tactics
D Schweingruber - Sociological quarterly, 2000

Swarming and the social dynamics of group violence
R White - Trends and Issues in Crime and Criminal Justice, 2006

The Literature of Riot Duty: Managing Class Conflict in the Streets, 1877-1927
EE Leach - Radical History Review, 1993 - Duke Univ Press

Mobile democracy: Mobile phones as democratic tools
H Hermanns - Politics, 2008 - Wiley Online Library

Mass Media Functions, Locative Media, and Informational Territories: New Ways of Thinking About Territory, Place, and Mobility in Contemporary Society
A Lemos - Space and Culture, 2010

Gradient and Less Lethal Devices in Control of Urban Violence
RH Stolfi - 1973 - DTIC Document

International Security and the Paradox of Proximity in the Coverage of War Using Convergent ICTs
http://www.inter-disciplinary.net/publishing-files/idp/eBooks/wii%201.5.pdf

Smart mobs: The next social revolution
H Rheingold, RAND Corp Publishing - 2003

EvadingGrid

Copy Paste from Twitter

Aaron Peters
@aaronjohnpeters Aaron Peters
@BBCNews @Skynews several reliable young men have now said they have been offered money by journos in #leicester to kick off

leicestertalk leicesterTalk.net
@leicspolice @AadamSparkzz & his mates were just offered money by these journos to start a riot in #Leicester. yfrog.com/kfqemrj
10 Aug

GuyAitchison GuyAitchison
by leicestertalk
So @AadamSparkzz & his mates were just offered money by these journos to start a riot in #Leicester. http://yfrog.com/kfqemrj #UKriots

EvadingGrid

Offline RonPaulRocks

• Neocons Beware!
    • Calgary 9/11 Truth

The whole thing is completely staged.  I knew it.  The thug provocateurs that are shipped in start everything and the paid youths are there to cause shit knowing no one will stop them because the police are ordered to stand down.  There you go, create the crisis and come in with the solution.  This is so staged.

BrandonHeat

Re: Londons Burning: Rioting spreads as gangs run rampant
« Reply #270 on: August 11, 2011, 04:08:32 am »
31,000 police in London. Where are they. Making a point re proposed cuts, who knows.

Those few hundred protesters last Thursday were making a serious point, now forgotten as TPTB play their murderous games.

Who knows indeed, but thousands of police have been made redundant / dismissed behind closed doors recently.  The police 'stood down' holding the country to ransom and were showing the public that they were important and that their budget is not to be messed with.  This is a criminal act which should be investigated.

The police only kicked in when the vigilantes with steel pipes and other clubs came out to look after their property, demonstrating that the police weren't actually needed.  Oops.

A large number of police are freemasons.  Police should never have two masters.  And there are too many police.  A typical police officer is on £30k to £40k gbp.  Now that's looting, mate.

The looters/rioters are a product of the previous government.  The Labour government (1997-2010) cultivated the ruffian class by never punishing them appropriately, and giving them unchecked benefits.  They were always allowed to run riot on council estates where they intimidated old people, committed acts of vandalism and generally acted like scum.  They would occasionally get a ASBO - Anti-Social Behaviour Order (Tony Blair's idea) which did nothing.  This was a gimmick for the voters to buy in to.

Another lead is that around six months ago, many characters on tv were talking about a 'hot summer' of trouble.

EvadingGrid

Re: Londons Burning: Rioting spreads as gangs run rampant
« Reply #271 on: August 11, 2011, 04:17:40 am »

Who knows indeed, but thousands of police have been made redundant / dismissed behind closed doors recently.  The police 'stood down' holding the country to ransom and were showing the public that they were important and that their budget is not to be messed with.  This is a criminal act which should be investigated.

The police only kicked in when the vigilantes with steel pipes and other clubs came out to look after their property, demonstrating that the police weren't actually needed.  Oops.

A large number of police are freemasons.  Police should never have two masters.  And there are too many police.  A typical police officer is on £30k to £40k gbp.  Now that's looting, mate.

The looters/rioters are a product of the previous government.  The Labour government (1997-2010) cultivated the ruffian class by never punishing them appropriately, and giving them unchecked benefits.  They were always allowed to run riot on council estates where they intimidated old people, committed acts of vandalism and generally acted like scum.  They would occasionally get a ASBO - Anti-Social Behaviour Order (Tony Blair's idea) which did nothing.  This was a gimmick for the voters to buy in to.

Another lead is that around six months ago, many characters on tv were talking about a 'hot summer' of trouble.

While I largely agree with you, I do disagree with the Blame The Red Team analysis. I don't know how old you are, but I seem to remember the Blue Team in power for a decade prior to Blair, and exactly the same crud going down. I would ask you to consider that there is just one "ruling class" and they pick a colour of which team to sign up with, be it the Red Team or the Blue Team. However that is just a farce for public consumption, they all went to the same schools.

For example

Diana Abbot Red Team lefty and tagged Left Wing Extremist
Michael Portillo Blue Team right winger. described as the "darling of the right"

YET BOTH WENT TO THE SAME GRAMMAR SCHOOL

As to the Police being order to Stand Down, and only really reacting when the people them selves took to the streets to protect property and law and order - I agree.

As to the Police serving two masters and being riddled with Freemasons - I agree

As to the need to investigate the Police following this epic - I also Agree

Offline Novus Ordo

I could be wrong but I think RonPaulRocks might think the whole thing has been staged!

Offline Effie Trinket

I could be wrong but I think RonPaulRocks might think the whole thing has been staged!
"MY THEORY BEHIND LONDON RIOTS - THIS IS A SET UP"
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1591131/pg1
My slant on this.

This whole thing has been set up by government. This is not my paranoid rambling, this makes perfect sense.  The Gov and Police have been itching to bring in tighter control laws for protesting in the UK, why? They are f**king scared.  In a few months, the cuts to budgets etc are going to take hold, when they do, boy is the UK in for a rough ride. not just scanky dole scrounging layabouts are going to feel it, but normal working folk will be feeling this.

This is going to lead to a lot of civil unrest, nationwide, and all the police can do now is to push everyone back and hit people at arms length with batons.  Imagine if all of a sudden they are faced with 250,000 angry mob from all walks of life demanding the government sort its shit out? The police are going to need more than batons.  They are going to need water cannons, rubber and plastic bullets, tear gas etc and what better way to bring these new crowd control measures in, than to show how useless and defenceless they were in the UK riots of August 2011.

Mfg Mythologies, Swarming Smart Mobs, "Get 7 Billion on the global grid"
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=202213.msg1204272#msg1204272

Offline V-UK

• Oi , Rothschild............ NO!
my personal take is that this was a policing/social experiment and power grab for when TSHTF. What we saw was NOTHING compared to what will happen in a total economic/social collapse.

london only had contingency plans for 2 riots in different places in the capital before this and nothing comes nowhere near to it in the lifetime of social media in the U.K

they found out exactly how many police were needed to control different varying situations in many different areas and how many police were needed before they had total control, along with the rioters varying degrees of actions/violence as the numbers / tactics changed.just look at how the police numbers rose and tactics changed over days 1,2,3 & 4 , this could have been sorted in tottenham on day 1 with the right numbers and tactics, which they had.

how social media is played out in a mass riot/civil unrest situation both for arranging riots and control/reaction of the public.
by facebook alone they have every piece of information they can ever need.A snapshot into everyones mind all captured in their database forever as something like this evolves with reactions to it, minute by minute , hour by hour , day by day.

How long before vigilante gangs appear? at what point does the public call for the army to be deployed? the list is endless .

They played their experiment out on the young black underclass for reaction from white middle class ,the very people who will demand new laws to protect them , never realising that these laws will be used to control them themselves.

sure they had lots of data and experience before but not on this scale.they know what is coming and needed a , dare i say "small scale" simulation and information gathering for the total collapse of society in a SHTF situation.
There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience.

Offline Dok

• end times and current events
Facial recognition in use after riots

Facial recognition technology being considered for London's 2012 Games is getting a workout in the wake of Britain's riots, with officers feeding photographs of suspects through Scotland Yard's newly updated face-matching program.

A law enforcement official tells The Associated Press that facial recognition is one of many tools police are using to hunt suspects still at large. Other techniques include posting headshots to photo-sharing site Flickr and old-fashioned public appeals.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak about an ongoing investigation.

A spokesman for Scotland Yard confirmed Thursday that facial recognition technology was at his force's disposal.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_BRITAIN_HUNTING_FOR_RIOTERS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
HOW TO BE SAVED
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_saved.html

Ye Must Be Born Again!
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/ye_must_be_born_again.htm

True Salvation & the TRUE Gospel/Good News!
http://www.contendingfortruth.com/?p=1060

how to avoid censorship ;)

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
Seen this coming from a gazillion miles away. Anyone here still think these riots were not staged?

UK Prime Minister Proposes Social Media Ban for London Rioters

U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron said Thursday that Scotland Yard and intelligence agencies are considering a ban on social media for those known to be plotting violence.

"We are working with the Police, the intelligence services and industry to look at whether it would be right to stop people communicating via these websites and services when we know they are plotting violence, disorder and criminality," Cameron said in a speech before the House of Commons.

He did not go into detail about how that might work or how potential offenders would be identified. "Free flow of information can be used for good. But it can also be used for ill," Cameron said. "And when people are using social media for violence we need to stop them."

In the wake of riots that have consumed London and other English cities, there were reports that some of the rioters had organized their efforts via BlackBerry Messenger (BBM). The platform is popular among British teens and allowed them to communicate in a free and untraceable manner. BlackBerry maker Research in Motion later said it would cooperate with officials should they need lawful access to data related to the riots, prompting hackers to deface the official BlackBerry blog.

Twitter, however, has also been a popular means of communication, with many people providing updates about the situation in their neighborhoods, organizing clean-up efforts, and more. According to data published by Experian Hitwise, one in every 170 U.K. Internet visits on Monday was to Twitter, with the Twitter homepage receiving 3.4 million visits in the U.K. alone.

More: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2390891,00.asp
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
British Government Considers Blocking Twitter, Facebook To Prevent Riots

Appalled by the rioting that swept across Britain earlier this week, the government want to find out if censoring social media sites could help prevent them from happening again. Good luck on that one.

Prime Minister David Cameron didn’t go into details of what that might mean in practice, only to say in a recalled Parliament this afternoon that the government was looking into “whether it was right” to stop people using social media to “plot” further disorder.

“Everyone watching these horrific actions will be stuck by how they were organised via social media,” he said. “Free flow of information can be used for good. But it can also be used for ill.”

He added the ruling conservative government was “working with the police, the intelligence services and industry to look at whether it would be right to stop people communicating via these websites and services when we know they are plotting violence, disorder and criminality.”

More: http://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyolson/2011/08/11/british-government-considers-blocking-twitter-facebook-to-prevent-riots/
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
And here's Cameron calling for internet censorship and more police state power.

Police state fears? Cameron calls to disrupt social media during unrest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibjYRM7amS0&feature=player_embedded

Offline Freeski

British Government Considers Blocking Twitter, Facebook To Prevent Riots

Appalled by the rioting that swept across Britain earlier this week, the government want to find out if censoring social media sites could help prevent them from happening again. Good luck on that one.

Prime Minister David Cameron didn’t go into details of what that might mean in practice, only to say in a recalled Parliament this afternoon that the government was looking into “whether it was right” to stop people using social media to “plot” further disorder.

“Everyone watching these horrific actions will be stuck by how they were organised via social media,” he said. “Free flow of information can be used for good. But it can also be used for ill.”

He added the ruling conservative government was “working with the police, the intelligence services and industry to look at whether it would be right to stop people communicating via these websites and services when we know they are plotting violence, disorder and criminality.”

More: http://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyolson/2011/08/11/british-government-considers-blocking-twitter-facebook-to-prevent-riots/

Memories of Egypt!
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.