Author Topic: CO2 is .04 percent of the atmosphere  (Read 35817 times)

Offline Paranoid Puppet Master

Re: CO2 is .04 percent of the atmosphere !
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2011, 03:58:18 am »
Actually I was joking but I also didn't notice the little red dot since the light was shining on the screen, I need to be more observant!

I forgot to mention, I like the pic. It also graphically demonstrates that there is indeed no water shortage, even if there was a slight increase in the population since last year, the world is still covered with 2/3 water.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2012, 09:02:29 pm »
Bump for AJ talking about the electric tesla built in Finland...

Why ? Because CO2 is 0.04 percent of the atmosphere!!!

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/car-company-us-loan-builds-cars-finland/story?id=14770875
Car Company Gets U.S. Loan, Builds Cars In Finland
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2012, 04:31:57 pm »
In the Movie Prometheus they tell the Audience the planet has 3 percent CO2 and will kill them which is NOT true!
Is this to reinforce the problems of Global warming ? and fear of CO2 the invisable inert gas?

We've already established in this thread CO2 levels of up to 3 percent will not kill you.

http://www.quora.com/Prometheus-2012-movie/How-much-CO2-would-be-fatal-within-2-minutes#
Prometheus (2012 movie): How much CO2 would be fatal within 2 minutes?

23m40s in to Prometheus, a woman explains that though the oxygen & nitrogen concentrations in the atmosphere where they have landed are the same as on earth, [but] "CO2 is over 3% - 2m w/o a suit & you're dead..." - Am I wrong in thinking that this is an embarrassing display of ignorance and carelessness on the part of the writers and all thousand people involved with this movie s
subsequently - not knowing the difference between CO and CO2 - in a supposedly 'science fiction' movie?

A:
Carbon dioxide makes up 390 ppm of the Earth's atmosphere. That's 0.039%.

Increasing this to 3% is pretty significant. The OSHA's maximum safe level is 3% (30,000 ppm); lethal concentration (death in 30 minutes) is 10% (100,000 ppm).

So yes, they got something wrong. Given that they were just talking about "sucking on a tailpipe" in the line before that, it seems that this meant CO, not CO2. Of course if you say "C-O" out loud, most of the non-technical audience is not going to know what you are talking about. So this may have been changed to "C-O-2" when they re-record the dialog for ADR.

Strange that the planet was so cold if the CO2 level was that high, which again makes me think it was CO.

But on the other hand, CO is lethal at lower percentages than 3%. At 1.28% (12,800 ppm) you will go unconscious in a couple of breaths and die within ten minutes. That's pretty close to the two minutes suggested by the actor in the movie, but she skips the immediately unconscious part (for brevity, I imagine).
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline Joe(WI)

• Knowledge
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2012, 04:48:04 pm »
Hey TB, thx for the revive!

Good find, I remember in health class we were being taught that exhaled breath for CPR purposes can be up to 16% CO2 to be effective. I'm not about to argue the facts with rhetoric. These people are too dangerous minded to be considered truthful, we need to expose the agenda, cut to the chase, we all most need to die, who is left gets to be lucky NWO slaves, gee, simple.

I keep noticing the "don't blame me, I voted Kodos!" signs.

Yeah Homer, yeah.

Now we need "Got Election?" motifake contest here, ideas welcome, winner gets me to make one based on your idea!
The number, 666, has been changed. The new number is, 999.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2013, 02:44:52 pm »
Here we go again .... They needed to keep coming up with studies to keep their Globalist paid jobs...

Your plants will grow faster ! Be afraid be very afraid!

ClimateGate - They want you to live like a slave

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2013/mar/08/hawaii-climate-change-second-greatest-annual-rise-emissions
Large rise in CO2 emissions sounds climate change alarm

Hopes for 'safe' temperature increase within 2C fade as Hawaii station documents second-greatest emissions increase
John Vidal
guardian.co.uk, Friday 8 March 2013 05.55 EST

The chances of the world holding temperature rises to 2C – the level of global warming considered "safe" by scientists – appear to be fading fast with US scientists reporting the second-greatest annual rise in CO2 emissions in 2012.

Carbon dioxide levels measured at at Mauna Loa observatory in Hawaii jumped by 2.67 parts per million (ppm) in 2012 to 395ppm, said Pieter Tans, who leads the greenhouse gas measurement team for the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). The record was an increase of 2.93ppm in 1998.

The jump comes as a study published in Science on Thursday looking at global surface temperatures for the past 1,500 years warned that "recent warming is unprecedented", prompting UN climate chief, Christiana Figueres, to say that "staggering global temps show urgent need to act.

Rapid climate change must be countered with accelerated action."

Tans told the Associated Press the major factor was an increase in fossil fuel use. "It's just a testament to human influence being dominant", he said. "The prospects of keeping climate change below that [two-degree goal] are fading away."

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/339/6124/1198.abstract
Science 8 March 2013:
Vol. 339 no. 6124 pp. 1198-1201
DOI: 10.1126/science.1228026
A Reconstruction of Regional and Global Temperature for the Past 11,300 Years

Surface temperature reconstructions of the past 1500 years suggest that recent warming is unprecedented in that time. Here we provide a broader perspective by reconstructing regional and global temperature anomalies for the past 11,300 years from 73 globally distributed records. Early Holocene (10,000 to 5000 years ago) warmth is followed by ~0.7°C cooling through the middle to late Holocene (<5000 years ago), culminating in the coolest temperatures of the Holocene during the Little Ice Age, about 200 years ago. This cooling is largely associated with ~2°C change in the North Atlantic. Current global temperatures of the past decade have not yet exceeded peak interglacial values but are warmer than during ~75% of the Holocene temperature history.

Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change model projections for 2100 exceed the full distribution of Holocene temperature under all plausible greenhouse gas emission scenarios

Offline lovelesssephiroth

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2015, 06:57:58 pm »
well hopefully the oxygen is 100%
God save the Queen, In God We Trust

Offline L2Design

• GOT GLOCK
    • Graphic Design/Printing
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2015, 05:53:36 pm »
Buy a TON of these stocks NOW:

ONVO
LOGG
AGIN
CABN
STM
AXIM
KTOS

Graphene, Nanotech, wearable tech, iCloud, smart cities. Its the NEXT
INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION! I use TD Ameritrade :D

Make it so!

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
Re: CO2 is .04 percent of the atmosphere
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2016, 01:07:19 pm »
bump ==== It's still Point .04 percent of the air you breath !

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2016, 05:20:11 pm »
bump ==== It's still Point .04 percent of the air you breath !

Actually Tahoe, at present free air CO2 is between 383 and 395 parts per million or .0383 to .0395%. Since we began seriously measuring it directly in the 1950s the readings have fluctuated as much as 0.002%.  Over the last 25,000 years it has fluctuated as much as +/- 0.02% as has been shown through study and measurment of CO2 within ice core samples and other ancient sample testing methods.

JTCoyoté

"I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent,
of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered at
the White House-with the possible exception of when
Thomas Jefferson dined alone."
~John F. Kennedy,
35th US President, At a dinner for 49 Nobel laureates
on 29 April, 1962

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2016, 06:20:48 pm »
Thank ... my typo ... less then POINT 04 percent ....

I recently had a conversation with a climate believer and there is no conversation ... its a religion to them , like a death cult.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2018, 01:03:17 pm »
bump - still true ...