Author Topic: TRAITORS Aim To Create New Unconstitutional Legislative Body: 'Super Congress'  (Read 56855 times)

CaliforniaAaron2

'Super Congress': Debt Ceiling Negotiators Aim To Create New Legislative Body
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/23/super-congress-debt-ceiling_n_907887.html

So, first the Governors Panel, now a Congressional Panel? No debate, just up or down vote? What the hell is going on here!!!

Update:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/07/24/998018/-Super-CongressEnd-of-democracy?via=tag

This is freaking insane. The phrase "no taxation without representation" comes to mind.

Offline larsonstdoc

THis is just INSANE!!!!  We have been TAKEN OVER BY THE WORST OF CRIMINALS.  Arrest all these anti-constitution rat bastards NOW!!!!!

FROM THE ARTICLE---

WASHINGTON -- Debt ceiling negotiators think they've hit on a solution to address the debt ceiling impasse and the public's unwillingness to let go of benefits such as Medicare and Social Security that have been earned over a lifetime of work: Create a new Congress.

This "Super Congress," composed of members of both chambers and both parties, isn't mentioned anywhere in the Constitution, but would be granted extraordinary new powers. Under a plan put forth by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and his counterpart Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), legislation to lift the debt ceiling would be accompanied by the creation of a 12-member panel made up of 12 lawmakers -- six from each chamber and six from each party.

Legislation approved by the Super Congress -- which some on Capitol Hill are calling the "super committee" -- would then be fast-tracked through both chambers, where it couldn't be amended by simple, regular lawmakers, who'd have the ability only to cast an up or down vote. With the weight of both leaderships behind it, a product originated by the Super Congress would have a strong chance of moving through the little Congress and quickly becoming law. A Super Congress would be less accountable than the system that exists today, and would find it easier to strip the public of popular benefits. Negotiators are currently considering cutting the mortgage deduction and tax credits for retirement savings, for instance, extremely popular policies that would be difficult to slice up using the traditional legislative process.

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) has made a Super Congress a central part of his last-minute proposal, multiple news reports and people familiar with his plan say. A picture of Boehner's proposal began to come into focus Saturday evening: The debt ceiling would be raised for a short-term period and coupled with an equal dollar figure of cuts, somewhere in the vicinity of a trillion dollars over ten years. A second increase in the debt ceiling would be tied to the creation of a Super Congress that would be required to find a minimum amount of spending cuts. Because the the elevated panel would need at least one Democratic vote, it would be presumably include at least some revenue, though, if it's anything like the deals on the table today, would likely be heavily slanted toward spending cuts. Or, as Obama said of the deal he was offering Republicans before Boehner walked out, "If it was unbalanced, it was unbalanced in the direction of not enough revenue."
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline larsonstdoc

This is got to be the worst story of 2011!!!!  May Day! May Day!  And from the George Soros controlled Huffington Post.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline larsonstdoc

http://theintelhub.com/2011/07/23/super-congress-congress-may-attempt-to-create-legislative-body-as-rumors-of-super-congress-begin/

Super Congress? Congress May Attempt To Create New Legislative Body, As Rumors Of “Super Congress” Begin

The Intel Hub
By Alex Thomas
July 23, 2011
With a startling headline that should send shock waves throughout America, The Huffington Post is reporting that two influential Senators have put forth a plan that would essentially create a new legislative body, a new super congress.
“This “Super Congress,” composed of members of both chambers and both parties, isn’t mentioned anywhere in the Constitution, but would be granted extraordinary new powers,” wrote Ryan Grim.
The plan, reportedly put forth by Mitch McConnell and Majority Leader Harry Reid, would create a new government body with six members from each party and would be used to pass unpopular debt ceiling legislation.
This plan would esstentially create a national high council of liberal and conservative elites who could completely circumvent Congress!
The Huffington Post
Legislation approved by the Super Congress — which some on Capitol Hill are calling the “super committee” — would then be fast-tracked through both chambers, where it couldn’t be amended by simple, regular lawmakers, who’d have the ability only to cast an up or down vote.
With the weight of both leaderships behind it, a product originated by the Super Congress would have a strong chance of moving through the little Congress and quickly becoming law. A Super Congress would be less accountable than the system that exists today, and would find it easier to strip the public of popular benefits.
Negotiators are currently considering cutting the mortgage deduction and tax credits for retirement savings, for instance, extremely popular policies that would be difficult to slice up using the traditional legislative process.
What would stop Congress from using this new governing body to pass other even more unpopular laws and regulations?
As of the writing of this article(11:35pm PST) no other mainstream news is directly reporting this 100% illegal plan.
With that being said, as an independent journalist I honestly do not believe that The Huffington Post would stoop so low as to make something this serious up.
One possible connection is the recent talk about a super committee to tackle the debt ceiling issue.

In the July 22 edition of The Washington Post it was reported that Rep. Boehner was pushing a new super committee similar to the one proposed by Harry Reid.
Top Republican aides said Boehner envisions a short-term extension of the debt limit that would include spending cuts that meet or exceed the debt limit increase. That would be paired with a strategy for finding additional savings. Options include a new super committee of the sort proposed by Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.).
On July 18, an editorial in The Washington Post mentioned a plan for a new super committee that would have full authority on all issues related to the debt ceiling crisis.
One twist to the McConnell plan involves creating a new congressional super-committee — yes, another commission — tasked with producing additional debt reduction measures by the end of the year. Unlike, say, the Simpson-Bowles commission, the committee would not have to achieve a supermajority vote, and its proposals would be subject to an up-or-down majority vote in both houses of Congress.
It is essential that this committee have jurisdiction to consider all elements of the budget: discretionary spending, entitlements and tax revenue must all be on the table, as they were for Simpson-Bowles. If so, then, yes, one more commission with the ability to force Congress to confront reality would be better than none. But we see little reason for optimism that this commission would succeed where others have failed.
If lawmakers cannot now agree on the kind of balanced debt-reduction package that every previous commission has recognized is necessary, why would such agreement be within reach several months from now? If there is no prospect of the Republican allergy to new taxes easing, or of many Democrats becoming more open to the kind of entitlement reform President Obama has called necessary, it’s not clear how any balanced proposal is going to make it through Congress.
Where or not this new Super Congress is connected to the super committee mentioned in the above Washington Post editorial remains to be seen.
Some have been quick to claim this is a harmless committee but in doing so they have provided absolutely no evidence for their claims. Congress has proven countless times that they CANNOT be trusted yet we are expected to trust them when they are openly giving themselves more, dictatorial power?
If this plan is actually in the works it may be a direct psy-op to incite the American people into open revolution.(Which would have disastrous implications)

Offline Freeski

Holy shit! The fast road to serfdom! :o

Deport that bastard, Boehner, now!
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline larsonstdoc

I hope Alex talks about this today on his Sunday Show.

Of course, Ron Paul is probably absolutely livid about this---- being that this is so anti-constitutional.

Offline Paranoid Puppet Master

Politburo of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union

The Politburo (in Russian: Политбюро, full: Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, abbreviated Политбюро ЦК КПСС, Politbyuro TsK KPSS), known as the Presidium from 1952 to 1966, functioned as the central policymaking and governing body of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.

In reality, the Politburo was a self-perpetuating body that served as the executive branch of the Soviet Union, and its decisions de facto had the force of law (aka - making "policies"). It oversaw the operations of the Committee and made all major policy decisions, which it then passed down through the Central Committee, the Supreme Soviet and the Party Congress. Its control extended from the Party and into government because Party personnel held all key government posts and party discipline therefore ensured that Politburo policy was implemented by all government organizations. One of the few known instances of the Central Committee overruling the Presidium (as the Politburo was known) was the defeat of the so-called Anti-Party Group in 1957.

more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politburo_of_the_CPSU_Central_Committee

Offline Freeski

Can someone please explain the two-vote thing?

Pelosi Saturday night also hinted that the two-vote approach might be the way to go. "One option is to do something in two tiers," she said as she left the Capitol, "and I don’t think we can accomplish what we need to do in deficit reduction without revenues."
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/173139-boehners-office-two-vote-process-inevitable-on-debt-limit

PS - Pelosi, why not bring the boys back home for starters? You don't have a revenue problem, you have a spending, stealing and killing problem!
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline larsonstdoc

Can someone please explain the two-vote thing?

Pelosi Saturday night also hinted that the two-vote approach might be the way to go. "One option is to do something in two tiers," she said as she left the Capitol, "and I don’t think we can accomplish what we need to do in deficit reduction without revenues."
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/173139-boehners-office-two-vote-process-inevitable-on-debt-limit

PS - Pelosi, why not bring the boys back home for starters? You don't have a revenue problem, you have a spending, stealing and killing problem!

So true, bring the boys home AND SPEND THE TRILLIONS ON THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

As for the 2 vote approach I think she means 2 different votes.  If this Super Committee forms MOST OF CONGRESS WILL HAVE NO VOTE.  WELCOME TO THE NEW AMERIKA.

Offline larsonstdoc

Politburo of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union

The Politburo (in Russian: Политбюро, full: Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, abbreviated Политбюро ЦК КПСС, Politbyuro TsK KPSS), known as the Presidium from 1952 to 1966, functioned as the central policymaking and governing body of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.

In reality, the Politburo was a self-perpetuating body that served as the executive branch of the Soviet Union, and its decisions de facto had the force of law (aka - making "policies"). It oversaw the operations of the Committee and made all major policy decisions, which it then passed down through the Central Committee, the Supreme Soviet and the Party Congress. Its control extended from the Party and into government because Party personnel held all key government posts and party discipline therefore ensured that Politburo policy was implemented by all government organizations. One of the few known instances of the Central Committee overruling the Presidium (as the Politburo was known) was the defeat of the so-called Anti-Party Group in 1957.

more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politburo_of_the_CPSU_Central_Committee

I knew this Super Committee had it's roots in Communism.

I knew this Super Committee had it's roots in Communism.

Yeah, when I saw the description I thought what a "revolutionary" idea!  ::) I mean, we already have two houses of congress, what do we need two tiers for?

Offline chris jones

The parade of the DEMIGODS.THE....... ROYALTY..
 Governing a nation with aspirations for the world.. They need crowns and thrones, or this act will not be complete.
  They make the laws the common man lives under, the thing is these laws don't apply to them the anointed ones.
   So much for equality. The more nations they invade and genocide the more democracy will be spread, and one day the world be one happy democracy...Hey, Rome did it, so can we...

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
Meanwhile this will go under the radar while people talk about the Norway tragedy (now I am convinced was a FF) and why a deranged man shot up people at a Texas roller rink.

The treasonous rat bastards need to be arrested!!!

They have fooled the public to think by defaulting we become deadbeats!  I know I didn't incur these debts--most Americans did not ask for any of this, so we are not to be held liable for debts we did not approve or incur!   >:(
Please visit my website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

Offline decemberfellow

I hope Alex talks about this today on his Sunday Show.

Of course, Ron Paul is probably absolutely livid about this---- being that this is so anti-constitutional.

Okay so Alex talks about it today.  Does any significant number of sheep listen to his show?  I am sincere on this question, cause if it is just we that are awake, then whats the difference if he talks about it or we write about it here. 

Ron Paul being livid about this .... probably.  But 1guy? 10 guys, no big number?  We can contact our congresspersons will anything be done?   Hasn't worked very well to date.  Sorry to be so negative on this, the only hope I see, SUPPLY YOURSELF ARM YOURSELF, and prey JESUS returns soon.
Rev21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Who am I
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Fk6dt_uHo

CaliforniaAaron2

The only reason I stumbled on this article was because I couldn't sleep last night. After tossing and turning for a few hours, I got up to do an "index" on my personal internet archive, but before I could hit the go button, I flipped through my normal list of news sites I monitor and there it was.

I read the article, said "oh crap" a few times, and posted it on this forum. I went back to bed, and when I got up the headline was no longer on the front page of HuffPost like it was last night. If I hadn't gotten up, I wouldn't have seen it.

This is exactly why I started building my own internet archive a few years ago. I started to see news articles and web sites that I frequent start to disappear. So, I started saving them. Even if they wipe that article off the face of the internet, I got it saved in my archive, and at least the people here have seen it. Now, to index my archive so I can do some digging on Oslo ...

Offline Letsbereal

• Know Thyself
The only reason I stumbled on this article was because I couldn't sleep last night. After tossing and turning for a few hours, I got up to do an "index" on my personal internet archive, but before I could hit the go button, I flipped through my normal list of news sites I monitor and there it was.

I read the article, said "oh crap" a few times, and posted it on this forum. I went back to bed, and when I got up the headline was no longer on the front page of HuffPost like it was last night. If I hadn't gotten up, I wouldn't have seen it.

This is exactly why I started building my own internet archive a few years ago. I started to see news articles and web sites that I frequent start to disappear. So, I started saving them. Even if they wipe that article off the face of the internet, I got it saved in my archive, and at least the people here have seen it. Now, to index my archive so I can do some digging on Oslo ...

I keep my own Archive too, for years now.

Cloud computing sucks, don't buy into it.

Don't trust anybody to keep your info.
->>>|:-) THE CITY INDIANS (-:|<<<-

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
Senator proposes an unconstitutional Super Congress to deal with debt ceiling

Kenneth Schortgen Jr
, Finance Examiner
July 24, 2011

The ongoing battle between the House, Senate, and President over the upcoming debt crisis has led establishment Congressmen in the Senate to propose the creation of a Super Congress to create and pass legislation allowing for the raising of the debt ceiling.  Led by Republican Senator Mitch McConnell, and proposed on July 24th during the weekend debt ceiling meetings, this new bi-partisan gang of 12 would unconstitutionally allow for laws to be passed solely by the group, and bypassing what they consider the majority of 'regular' members of Congress.

This "Super Congress," composed of members of both chambers and both parties, isn't mentioned anywhere in the Constitution, but would be granted extraordinary new powers. Under a plan put forth by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and his counterpart Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), legislation to lift the debt ceiling would be accompanied by the creation of a 12-member panel made up of 12 lawmakers -- six from each chamber and six from each party.

Legislation approved by the Super Congress -- which some on Capitol Hill are calling the "super committee" -- would then be fast-tracked through both chambers, where it couldn't be amended by simple, regular lawmakers, who'd have the ability only to cast an up or down vote. – Huffington Post

This proposal and attempt to rob the American people of their Constitutional representation is a desperate attempt by members of Congress to supercede the legislative process, and force an unwanted plan into being.  Just as many Congressmen reported in 2008 that the Secretary of the Treasury Hank Paulson threatened them with potential martial law if a bank bailout wasn't passed using taxpayer money, so to is this a blatent attempt to circumvent the American system to pass a plan most Congressmen and representatives, as well as the American poeple, do not want.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Senator proposes an unconstitutional Super Congress to deal with debt ceiling - National Finance Examiner | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/finance-examiner-in-national/senator-proposes-an-unconstitutional-super-congress-to-deal-with-debt-ceiling#ixzz1T3zwZmx4

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<

CaliforniaAaron2

Much better title, thanks for renaming the thread. When I picked the title last night I was half asleep.

---

People think, that in a dictatorship they would not have representation, but this is false. What happens instead is the representation - who occupy the position in title only - are forced to vote to support the "party", or else loose the privilege of being a so called representative of the people.

The perks that would be lost would be akin to a Knight being stripped of his title, home, food, and protection. He would then be left in the middle of a crowd of people who hate him. If that were not enough, his family would be handed the same fate ... this is why in a dictatorship the representatives of the people always support the party first - it is nothing more than self preservation, which in turn causes the people they represent to brand them a traitor. It's a self-sustaining cycle.

Offline Freeski

Much better title, thanks for renaming the thread. When I picked the title last night I was half asleep.

---

People think, that in a dictatorship they would not have representation, but this is false. What happens instead is the representation - who occupy the position in title only - are forced to vote to support the "party", or else loose the privilege of being a so called representative of the people.

The perks that would be lost would be akin to a Knight being stripped of his title, home, food, and protection. He would then be left in the middle of a crowd of people who hate him. If that were not enough, his family would be handed the same fate ... this is why in a dictatorship the representatives of the people always support the party first - it is nothing more than self preservation, which in turn causes the people they represent to brand them a traitor. It's a self-sustaining cycle.

I believe "dictatorship" is not even possible: there will always be an oligarchy running the show. No one man can do it alone.

Offline larsonstdoc

I believe "dictatorship" is not even possible: there will always be an oligarchy running the show. No one man can do it alone.

+1  Besides you need lots of people to be loyal to a dictator to initiate state sponsored terror (false flags) to scare the people.

Offline Scarbo

A communist takeover of congress...BY CONGRESS!

Offline Nailer

simple answer.

Revolution.

when the corrupt politicians are caught hang them..  True justice served.

what will the super congress make in bribes,extortion and salary?

http://governmentgonewild.org/thelist

list of 80 congress persons and their financial gains. one has almost 140 Million
I am a realist that is slightly conservative yet I have some republican demeanor that can turn democrat when I feel the urge to flip independant.

The truth shall set you free, if not a 45ACP round will do the trick.. HEHE

Offline DireWolf

• Freedom, Liberty & death to the NWO
If this is allowed to happen or is shoved down our throats it will be the end of our Republic and both  Houses of Congress for new "Super Congress will use the "General Welfare" concept will deny "The People" any meaningful voice.

Under this "Super Congress" we will soon find ourselves under total control of the United Nations.

This is insane but I guess the "sheeple" are to inept or distracted to even care. When the finally understand it will be too late, no different then it is now, unfortunately.
Freedom and Liberty, or slavery and death, your choice, choose wisely.

Offline DireWolf

• Freedom, Liberty & death to the NWO
simple answer.

Revolution.

when the corrupt politicians are caught hang them..  True justice served.

what will the super congress make in bribes,extortion and salary?

http://governmentgonewild.org/thelist

list of 80 congress persons and their financial gains. one has almost 140 Million

Revolution will come but not till the majority are so diswrought and angry they feel they have nothing left to lose. This has been the general pattern throughout history. As long as the "sheep" have some small measure of creature comforts to lose they will stay mostly silent, again the pattern throughout history.

Those who see themselves as our masters also are aware of how a revolution is born for while they may be evil they are generally not stupid so believe me they will attempt to keep the sheeple silent as long as possible. As always it will be the minority who will secure the Rights for the future and for the indifferent masses.
Freedom and Liberty, or slavery and death, your choice, choose wisely.

Offline larsonstdoc

http://www.infowars.com/super-congress-will-kill-real-congress/

Super Congress Will Kill Real Congress---An AJ Video

I was wondering if there was any other news this past weekend that was supposed to get buried under what was happening in Norway and I wonder if this could be it?

Offline Freeski

http://www.infowars.com/super-congress-will-kill-real-congress/

Super Congress Will Kill Real Congress---An AJ Video

Great vid! (great in a disgusting kind of way)

CaliforniaAaron2

I'm glad this topic has picked up a little momentum. When I found the headline - on the front page of HuffPost (in the middle of the night - 3am PDT) - I just about fell out of my chair.

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
This is one righteous rant! ;D

A Super Congress is NOT Constitutional!
The Congress has NO Right to make a Super Congress!
We the People NEED To Stand up and say NO

http://sherriequestioningall.blogspot.com/2011/07/super-congress-is-not-constitutional.html

I don't know if there is anyway WE THE PEOPLE can take back what the Idiots who only watch out for the banks and corporations do!

The Congress and Senate HAVE NO RIGHT TO FORM A SUPER CONGRESS!  It is NOT in our Constitution!

The Super Congress than makes the rest of the elected officials (even though they are all bought and sold by the highest bidders of banks and corporations) irrelevant.

We the People Need to stand up for what is right and what is wrong in what the government is now doing!

There is no doubt they will put those who will not be up for reelection in the super congress.  It will be so the rest of them can say "Don't look at me, I had nothing to do with it" to their constituents come  election time, when the super congress takes away all of our rights and money!

This is a COMPLETE OUTRAGE!

This is a SAY NO to the Super Congress!

I know those in government don't give a care about what we think - BUT we still need to call them and tell them they have NO AUTHORITY under the Constitution to make a Super Congress!

We have got to rein in the government!  The GOVERNMENT IS COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL!

Yet, most Americans are going to sit on their lazy ass and let the government do as it will!  Later the lazy asses will complain about what the government has done and is doing, when they loose everything and wonder what happened to their rights and freedoms!  The people are completely asleep and complete idiots to not stand up for our country, freedom and rights!

The government has taken what used to be a wonder moral country and they have taken down to being the most immoral, warmongering, against the people country in the world.

If you Love your Country you will stand up against what they are doing!

CALL YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS!
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<

CaliforniaAaron2

HuffPost Headline:
Super Congress Gets More Super Powers

CaliforniaAaron2

HuffPost Link for above article (Super Congress Gets More Super Powers): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/31/super-congress-debt-ceiling-deficit-deal_n_914272.html

This is crazy, and nobody is doing anything about it -- because they are afraid of not getting that Gov check in the mail. http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/05/07/us-food-usa-stamps-idUSTRE6465E220100507

Offline lee51

This is THE MOST shocking thing I've read yet.  I've already sent it by email to many people that I know will send it on to their friends---we've got to get the word out to the American people whether they want to hear it not.  If they lay down and continue to watch their stupid TV's, then they deserve what they get in my opinion.  But I will FIGHT this as much as I can!!

Okay, so besides the useless writing to our representatives/senators, what else can we do?  We have to work as a team to get the word out and to fight this crap.

Offline tritonman

Gee they are taling about using this super congress to cut ssi. Who'd of thunk it?  And the sheep will no doubt praise them for cutting grandmas check no doubt. ::)

Offline Freeski

Gee they are taling about using this super congress to cut ssi. Who'd of thunk it?  And the sheep will no doubt praise them for cutting grandmas check no doubt. ::)

The sheep are downright clueless. I spend my life realizing how much I really don't know, and they don't even make an effort! Mindf**k the masses, get the votes, then ram it down EVERYONE'S throat. Democracy is one of the top-10 greatest scams on Earth!

Offline lee51

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there'd be a shortage of sand.
~ Milton Friedman

Offline lee51

This says a deal was reached but I see nothing about a super congress being formed...???

http://news.yahoo.com/deal-obama-congress-avert-default-012714959.html

Offline larsonstdoc

This says a deal was reached but I see nothing about a super congress being formed...???

http://news.yahoo.com/deal-obama-congress-avert-default-012714959.html

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/07/31/debt.talks/index.html?iref=BN1&hpt=hp_t1

Excerpt from the article.  THIS COMMITTEE IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!!

It said the special congressional committee would comprise 12 members -- six from each chamber, equally divided between Democrats and Republicans. The panel's recommendations would be due by November 23 and guaranteed an up-or-down Senate vote without amendments by December 23, the White House document said.

CaliforniaAaron2

I spend my life realizing how much I really don't know

Had to quote that one.

So, now my thoughts on this ... deal:

• Obama will sign the bill -- it makes it so he only has to blackmail 12 people to control congress.
  • The Office of the President will only have to deal with 31 people now. 9 Judges, 10 on the Council of Governors, and 12 who sit on the Super Congress panel. http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/2010executive_order.pdf
  • THE ENTIRE GOVERNMENT -- ALL THREE BRANCHES -- CAN BE CONTROLLED BY 32 PEOPLE. 9 SUPREME COURT JUDGES, 10 ON THE COUNCIL OF GOVERNORS, AND 12 ON THE SUPER CONGRESS PANEL -- +1 "President".

9+10+12+1 = 32 -- NOT EVEN ENOUGH TO REPRESENT THE STATES OF THE UNION!!!

Really, if you think about it, the President only has to control 5 Justices, 6 Governors, and 7 Supers. That's 18 -- 18 people. Every dictatorship in the world is run by a small group of people. That's exactly why the founders of our nation created a system with hundreds of representatives, and the ones who were closest to the people -- who had the shortest term -- had control of all the money. This "new idea" of a Super Congress panel will, undoubtedly include 6 from the House (3 Dem / 3 Repub) and 6 (3D/3R) from the Senate -- so as to control the entirety of Congress, and all the money.

The public has absolutely no idea what this is. No idea that when Obama signs this bill our nations checks and balances will no longer apply. This bill voids out the Constitution.

Offline heavyhebrew

• Laughter is the best medicine.
When Congress fails they form a committee. When they super fail, they form...THE SUPER COMMITTEE!

Just when you think you are safe from the absurdity of the DC crowd...they take it to the next level. If competency were a full tub of water, this is the giant sucking sound as the last dregs go swirling down the drain.
We work jobs we hate to pay for stuff we don't need to impress people we don't like. Am I the crazy one here?

CaliforniaAaron2

If competency were a full tub of water . . .