Author Topic: Greece Financial Default Watch  (Read 457951 times)

EvadingGrid

Re: Greece Financial Default Watch
« Reply #920 on: July 05, 2015, 04:51:41 pm »
God bless the Greek people.

Offline TARA

Let him that would move the world first move himself.

Socrates

Offline TARA

Socrates

Offline jofortruth

« Reply #923 on: July 05, 2015, 04:56:26 pm »
http://www.tovima.gr/en/article/?aid=719837

Thx, Tara! If you find other articles out of Greece, please post them. It's nice to see a viewpoint other than what the American news will report!
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline TARA

« Reply #924 on: July 05, 2015, 04:57:43 pm »

Thx, Tara! If you find other articles out of Greece, please post them. It's nice to see a viewpoint other than what the American news will report!
OK!!! :)

Socrates

Offline TARA

« Reply #925 on: July 05, 2015, 04:59:29 pm »
http://en.protothema.gr/german-vice-chancellor-new-talks-hard-after-no-vote/

I couldn't expect anything else from the Germans...

Socrates

Offline TARA

« Reply #926 on: July 05, 2015, 05:16:29 pm »

Socrates

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #927 on: July 05, 2015, 05:25:55 pm »
Tara ,  if you have friends who need some life saving help would post or private message me or other members of the forum?

I'm anxious to distance myself morally from the actions of my Government in the  eyes of the rest of the world.

Stop Cartel is not responding to such requests.

Is Dr. Giorgos still in good health? He has a brain thrombosis and that why the B6 was so important.

If any of you can help the Greeks I found out walmart ships for no charge. This B6 vitamin saved Dr. Giorgos life. It cost me $6.

Contact Stop Cartel, please!

Stop Cartel
To   Jerry Weaver Jul 1, 2012
Dear Jerry,
thank you very much for your action to send to me this valuable for my life medicine.I realy appreciate that and i feel grateful to you.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon,
in solidarity,
Giorgos
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2012 5:01 AM
Subject: B6

George The B6 left California yesterday and should be at your address in 5-6 days. 6feetunder.

Greek economy close to collapse as food and medicine run short
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/03/greece-economy-collapse-close-food-medicine-shortage

Stop Cartel News Network
http://www.stopcartel.org/category/news_in_english/

Poverty in Greece:
http://www.stopcartel.org/poverty-greece/
Μαΐου 19th, 2015 7:12 πμ - Σχόλια κλειστά
How much money do you need to feed your child and provide it with basic needs like housing, electricity, heating, water, clothes and shoes?

Offline jofortruth

« Reply #928 on: July 05, 2015, 06:05:12 pm »

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #929 on: July 05, 2015, 06:28:12 pm »
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102808740

With 99% of votes counted, Greek 'No' vote at 61.3%
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline iamc2

« Reply #930 on: July 05, 2015, 06:46:44 pm »
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102808740

With 99% of votes counted, Greek 'No' vote at 61.3%
I hope the Vote stays: 'NO'

Greece can be like Iceland [in 2008] and BOOT out the EU!

...it is a tough battle: But the Greeks are strong...
"When the Truth was murdered:
Common Sense ran away..."

Offline jofortruth

« Reply #931 on: July 05, 2015, 06:47:53 pm »
GREEK FINANCE MINISTER ACCUSES CREDITORS OF TERRORISM - “Why have they forced us to close the banks?"
http://www.infowars.com/greek-finance-mini...s-of-terrorism/
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-07-04/greek-finance-minister-brands-eu-action-terrorism/

Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis said European action towards the country was “terrorism” in an interview with Spanish newspaper El Mundo and said a trillion euros would be lost if Greece was allowed to crash.

“What they’re doing with Greece has a name: terrorism,” Varoufakis said in the interview, published on Saturday.

“Why have they forced us to close the banks? To frighten people. And when it’s about spreading terror, that is known as terrorism.”

Asked why he was sure an agreement would be reached, even if Greeks vote ‘No’ in a referendum on Sunday on the terms of a possible new bailout deal, he said failing to agree would be too costly for both sides. The vote could decide Greece’s future as a member of Europe’s single currency.

THIS IS "The IMF Riot":
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Decep...=0#entry4884070

Offline PeaceAndFreedom

« Reply #932 on: July 05, 2015, 09:02:58 pm »
Finally, finally, finally, Greece holds the referendum the EU bosses and banksters have fought against for years, to vote down corporate-statist austerity and assert their own sovereignty. This gives the rejection of the ECB et al  the official, uncontested election and moral legitimacy to repudiate or vacate the debts.

But why oh why did the Greeks break their printing presses, so that they can't make their own drahmas? Now is the time to transition back to financial independence by controlling their own currency, or using the ruble in the interim:

http://news.yahoo.com/cant-print-drachmas-says-greeces-finance-minister-101035680.html

Athens (AFP) - With speculation swirling that Greece might be forced out of the euro and have to print its own money after a weekend referendum, its finance minister on Thursday said the country no longer had the presses to make drachmas.

"We don't have the capacity," Yanis Varoufakis told Australian public radio network ABC.

In 2000, the year before Greece joined the eurozone, "one of the things we had to do was get rid of all our printing presses" as part of the bloc's assertion that "this monetary union is irreversible," he said.

"We smashed the printing presses -- we have no printing presses," Varoufakis said.
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered!... I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #933 on: July 05, 2015, 09:29:21 pm »
But why oh why did the Greeks break their printing presses, so that they can't make their own drahmas? Now is the time to transition back to financial independence by controlling their own currency, or using the ruble in the interim:

http://news.yahoo.com/cant-print-drachmas-says-greeces-finance-minister-101035680.html

Bizarro stuff.  Reminds me of a lot of US Citizens.
I worked for Ron Paul's presidential bid.
Explaining the difference between the Federal Reserve and the US Treasury sends a lot of US Citizens into self lobotomy mental states. 

I just watched this two days ago. Grown man in his fifties was explained The Coinage Act  April 2, 1792  and how that was part of the War of 1812.  He nuts up and starts screaming screaming about POLITICS.  ::) :o ::)

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #934 on: July 05, 2015, 11:10:11 pm »
This is being reflected in the US also with Texas Gold repatriation and Oklahoma also seeking more Autonomy from bankster controlled DC.
Catherine Austin Fitts has said that as long as the comm satellites remain dominated by the western powers  the FRN system will dominate until its decided to be allowed to fail. Any thoughts on that?

The vast majority of Italians believe that the current debt crisis in Greece has seriously weakened the European Union due to the bloc's inability to come up with a solution on how to unite member states, a poll by Ipsos Italia published Saturday revealed.
EU Foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini
Mogherini Calls on EU States to Help Italy, Malta Deal With Migrant Crisis
ROME (Sputnik) – According to the poll, conducted for the Italian Corriere della Sera newspaper, 72 percent of Italians note serious weakening of the EU institutions amid the current situation in Greece. Only 14 percent believe otherwise.
According to Nando Pagnoncelli, head of Ipsos Italia, the situation was prompted by the fact that the European integration was “focused more on economic issues than on the issues such as jobs, education and research, healthcare, pensions, environment and immigration, which are the most sensitive for the people.”

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150704/1024199805.html#ixzz3f50pl6xj

-----------------------------

Unlike Greece, Austria is an extremely wealthy nation, with one of the highest standards of living in the world. Which kind of makes you wonder right? Everyone has been talking about the consequences of what would happen if a financial basket case like Greece leaves the EU, but what happens if one of the more stable and functional nations leave? What if the people who are carrying the weight of the insolvent, decide that they’ve had enough?

All this talk about Greece causing the unraveling of the EU, hasn’t taken wealthy nations into account, even though the whims of their populations should really scare EU leaders. The woman who launched the petition claims that if their country leaves, each household would save 9,800 Euros per year. If that’s truly the case, then it doesn’t sound like the EU can spare Austria.

As for the chances of this happening, it’s hard to say. Current polls place support for measure at around 33%, but Austrian politicians like Robert Marschall think the number is closer to half of the population. He suggests that many of the polls are biased, because they don’t give any anonymity to voters.

We’ll probably find out soon, one way or another. Now that this petition has achieved a sufficient number of votes, their parliament will have to debate the possibility of creating a referendum on the issue. Even if they don’t have enough votes now, that may change if Greece leaves the Euro, and wealthy countries like Austria are stuck with their bill.

Delivered by The Daily Sheeple

- See more at: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/austrians-sign-petition-to-leave-european-union_072015#sthash.qL3OZNRp.dpuf

Offline jerryweaver

Re: CrowdFunding a bailout fund for Greece
« Reply #935 on: July 06, 2015, 12:54:44 am »
Greek Bailout Fund
 London, United Kingdom   Community

CrowdFunding a bailout fund for Greece. By the people, for the people.
Thom Feeney           https://www.indiegogo.com/greek-bailout-fund.html
London
United Kingdom
Let's just get Greece sorted
All this dithering over Greece is getting boring. European ministers flexing their muscles and posturing over whether they can help the Greek people of not. Why don't we the people just sort it instead?

The European Union is home to 503 million people, if we all just chip in a few Euro then we can get Greece sorted and hopefully get them back on track soon. Easy.

What We Need & What You Get
€1.6bn is what the Greeks need. It might seem like a lot but it's only just over €3 from each European. That's about the same as half a pint in London. Or everyone in the EU just having a Feta and Olive salad for lunch.

So come on, order a Feta and Olive salad, maybe wash it down with an Ouzo or glass of Assyrtiko greek wine and let's sort this shit out.

Pledge €3 and get a postcard sent from Greece of Alex Tsipras, the Greek Prime Minister. We'll get them made and posted in Greece and give a boost to some local printers and post offices.

Pledge €6 and get a greek Feta and Olive salad

Pledge €10 and get a small bottle of Ouzo sent to you

Pledge €25 and get a bottle of Greek wine

Is that really all it would take?
OK, it might be a short while for the cash to get fully into the Greek economy, but hell - what is there to lose? Another Tesco Meal deal? Ah well.
You get some tasty Greek things.

We promise that all profits will go to the Greek people and all products will be 100% Greek.
FAQs and Press/Media
Since this has been covered in the media and gone fantastically well so far, I've been asked a lot of questions. I've tried to answer some more below:

Who are you?

I'm 29 years old and from York, Yorkshire in the North of England but live in Bethnal Green, London. I currently work in a shoe shop in London.

Is this a joke?

No. Crowdfunding can really help because it's just a case of getting on and doing it. I was fed up of the Greek crisis going round in circles, while politicians are dithering, this is affecting real people. While all the posturing is going on, then it's easy for the politicians to forget that. I just thought, sod it, I'll have a crack.

Why Greece?

This isn't just about Greece, but about the Greek people, the working classes and trying to help other ordinary people across the world. If governments, corporations or banks won't help, what can we do but band together. If we don't reach that target, what a wonderful message it sends out. It shows that whether you're a working class lad in Yorkshire, Scotland or Athens other people around the world care about you, even if your government has forgotten. You can make a difference.

It shows that so many people care about giving to people when they need it most, not kicking them while they're down. To help an economy recover we need investment and stimulus, not cuts and austerity.

How has the campaign been received?

I've been overwhelmed by the response, it’s been incredibly positive. I’ve received so many tweets, emails and messages of support and thanks. I started the campaign as quite a practical endeavour, €3 from everyone in Europe - that'll sort it. But it has really struck a chord with so many people emotionally. I feel quite emotional about it all myself now, I've had to have a sit down and a strong cup of Yorkshire Tea!

Are you just making a statement/some kind of point?

This is a real attempt to do something. But at the very least it's important to raise the issue of the plight of the Greek people at this time. Not just the profiles of politiicians. We can help our Greek cousins by buying wonderful Greek produce such as feta, olives, wine and more. And maybe considering Greece as a holiday destination. That's part of the idea behind each of the perks on the crowdfunding page. Trade will help Greece and the Greek people out of their current situation.

Have you been involved in Greek Politics before?

I've never been involved in Greek politics. I see the campaign as more of a helping the Greek people than getting involved with politics.
Have you been in touch with European or Greek leaders.

I've not yet been in touch with any European leaders, but I heard a rumour from a journalist that Mr Tsipras wanted to get in touch.
Do you have any link to IndieGoGo?
I've never been involved with IndieGoGo before.
What happens if you don’t make the target?
All the money is refunded. Hopefully we’ll make it though!
Are the products real or symbolic?
It’s not symbolic - all products would be sourced from Greece, made in Greece and sent from Greece.
Do you think Europeans are generous enough?
Europeans are pretty generous on the whole, maybe Ms Merkel and Mr Cameron are the exception. There are 500 million people in the EU and actually, it wouldn't cost each person much to just sort it out ourselves. I'm confident the people of Europe will get this campaign and some time soon we'll all be raising a glass of Ouzo and having a bloody great big celebration.

What will happen to the money?

We promise that all profits will go to the Greek people. Whether that be via the government accepting it or by other means.

How can the Greek government accept your money?

That's one for IndieGoGo to help me with! Thought I suspect that there'll be plenty of people, better qualified than I am, that would be willing to help.

Do you think that you can reach the target?

I hope very much that the campaign will reach the target, I think it will be a victory for people power. Yes it's a tall order but I truly believe it can be effective, remember it's a very small amount per person we're looking for.

Will you go to Greece to send the postcards?!

I'd love to go to Greece to send the postcards myself. The postcards and salads would be put together in Greece, employing Greeks and contributing to the Greek economy.
How much have you personally put in?

I've put in for a bottle of Ouzo, which is just €10 - if 1 in 3 Europeans did the same, we'd get to the target!

Find This Campaign On
Twitter
€1,878,613
raised by 105,965 people in 8 days

Offline TARA

Socrates

Offline TARA

« Reply #938 on: July 06, 2015, 02:07:48 am »
Tara ,  if you have friends who need some life saving help would post or private message me or other members of the forum?

Thank you...it's such a relief to know that people care.. I hope things won't get worse. In any case, I'll let you know! :)

Socrates

EvadingGrid

« Reply #939 on: July 06, 2015, 02:09:49 am »
Meltdown!
EU crisis as Greece delivers resounding 'No' to crippling cuts and heads for euro exit...
but Varoufakis QUITS after PM says his 'absence' will help negotiations

Greece overwhelmingly rejected the European Union's bailout package in yesterday's historic referendum
    Result leaves the heavily indebted country teetering on the edge of leaving the Eurozone altogether
    European leaders will hold an emergency summit in Brussels tomorrow to discuss Greece's future
    But Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has revealed he will not attend the talks and quit his job
    He said his European partners would rather he not take part in negotiations - a move the Greek PM backed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3149848/Greek-army-riot-police-braced-street-battles-millions-polls-country-s-bailout-referendum-result-close-call.html

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #940 on: July 06, 2015, 03:33:17 am »

Offline TARA

« Reply #941 on: July 06, 2015, 04:55:29 am »

Socrates

EvadingGrid

« Reply #942 on: July 06, 2015, 06:33:03 am »

“No” vote in Greece is a vote for true recognition of democracy at its finest
http://www.ukip.org/_no_vote_in_greece_is_a_vote_for_true_recognition_of_democracy_at_its_finest
Published Jul 06, 2015

PaulNutall-new1.jpgThe “no” vote in Greece is a vote for true recognition of democracy at its finest – in the very birthplace of democracy itself, says UKIP Deputy Leader Paul Nuttall

Welcoming the referendum rejecting the terms of an international bailout, Mr Nuttall said: “I applaud the Greek people. They have had their say. That is exactly how it should be – a proud sovereign nation sticking up for itself.”

And Mr Nuttall condemned the EU’s efforts to impose more austerity in Greece saying “the people never asked for it, voted for it, and certainly never deserved it”.

The UKIP Deputy Leader and leading member of the Europe of Freedom and Direct democracy group in the European Union, added: “The day after the US Independence celebrations you’d expect the EU to remember Lincoln’s quote that ‘you cannot fool all of the people, all of the time’. But that is what the EU commissioners think they can do, and this result has shattered their delusion. The people of Greece have had enough.

“The Greeks are a proud nation, whose country was at the birthplace of democracy.

“The European Union is the exact antithesis of that ideal, and the Greeks have paid a heavy financial price since they joined the single currency.

“Across the Europe there is growing anger and despair at the way the EU operates, and we will now see nation after nation forced to reconsider the nature of their relationship with the EU, under the growing pressure from their dissatisfied electorate.

“The EU has had this coming to them and it is the start of the unravelling of the entire EU project.”

EvadingGrid

Can you believe the utter nerve of these Euro Nazis ?

EU questions legality of Greek referendum after Yanis Varoufakis resigns following No vote
Brussels says Greece's referendum is "neither legally nor factually correct" after more than 60pc vote to reject lenders bail-out terms
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11719974/Greece-news-live-EU-leaders-and-ECB-to-decide-Greek-fate-as-Yanis-Varoufakis-resigns-after-No-vote.html

EvadingGrid

Nigel Farage Twitter

EU project is now dying. It’s fantastic to see the courage of the Greek people in the face of political and economic bullying from Brussels.

EvadingGrid

Re: Greece Financial Default Watch -" Austerity - Game Over ! "
« Reply #945 on: July 06, 2015, 07:08:32 am »

EvadingGrid

Greece votes No:
The European Union is dying before our eyes
It's not just disaffected pensioners: young Greeks have worked out that they don't need the bloated EU
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/greece/11720081/Greece-votes-No-The-European-Union-is-dying-before-our-eyes.html

By Nigel Farage

Despite the scaremongering and bullying from those in Brussels, we are waking today with Greece having delivered a resounding No.

That comes despite EU bosses saying that it would mean a Greek exit from the Euro, not to mention the heavy economic pressure placed on the Greek people to go along with the wishes of Brussels. It is a crushing defeat for those Eurocrats who believe that you can simply bulldoze public opinion.

Chief bully-boy Martin Schulz, President of the European Parliament, and other supposed leaders of the European Union did their best to terrify the Greek people into submitting to the wishes of the European Union. But they utterly failed. The fear espoused by the Yes campaign was rejected. Opinion polls that put the Yes side ahead just days before were way out, as thousands upon thousands of Greek citizens lined the streets chanting “Oxi”.

Where does Greece go from here? Well it seems to me that Alexis Tsipras cannot go on having his cake and eating it. A more prosperous Greece, ran by the Greeks rather than by the EU must surely face up to the reality that a euro exit is both inevitable and desirable in order for a long-term economic recovery to truly begin.

There is a bigger picture to consider, however. A huge generational dynamic exists, running through all of this. One poll from Antenna News in Greece found that 67 per cent of Greeks under the age of 35 voted No which shows just how much the seismic plates are shifting within European politics. The fact that young Greeks overwhelmingly rejected the Brussels dictat and voted No in huge numbers is of massive significance.

Whilst some of the older generation may still buy into the notion of the EU having brought peace to Europe, the younger generations are just not sold. And why should they be? The European Union today is causing massive resentment between European nations. Just look at how relations between Germany and Greece have deteriorated. Far from bringing peace, the EU now sows resentment.

Whatever fine aims there were fifty or sixty years ago have no relevance to the reality of life for young people right across the EU now, including in Greece. The EU’s old, outdated ideas have been rejected at the ballot box in exchange for a new approach and fresh thinking.

• Nigel Farage: The EU is dying before our eyes

The result is a tired, stumbling European Union that is dying on its feet before our very eyes. Credibility for the project is fading fast as citizens right across Europe awaken to the reality of its authoritarian instincts that seek to run roughshod over public opinion.

With younger generations now turning against the EU project, we can see support for the EU's dream of a United States of Europe fading fast. An outdated European Union has been found out and rejected emphatically by young Greeks in the 21st century.

It is all too clear to see why: both the euro single currency and the European Union itself have done great harm to the prospects of young people who are now realising that we do not need a single currency or a political union to be friends, neighbours and trading partners. Far more important than this European Union is the concept of national democracy, of which this Greek referendum and its result are a beaming example of.

Offline TARA

« Reply #947 on: July 06, 2015, 08:02:22 am »

Socrates

EvadingGrid

« Reply #948 on: July 06, 2015, 08:05:27 am »
Beautiful photographs Tara . . .

Offline TARA

« Reply #949 on: July 06, 2015, 08:18:10 am »
For Greece of dignity, for Europe of Democracy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i68_dtAV3K4

Socrates

Offline TARA

« Reply #950 on: July 06, 2015, 08:34:41 am »
Beautiful photographs Tara . . .

:)

http://live.reuters.com/Event/Greek_Debt_Crisis_4

Greece to extend bank holiday for at least a few more days - bankers

Greece's government plans to extend the closure of banks beyond Monday by at least a few more days, four banking sources said ahead of a meeting between bankers and the finance minister later on Monday.

Last week Greece issued a decree imposing capital controls and ordered banks to shut after the European Central Bank froze a vital financial lifeline following the breakdown of bailout talks between Athens and its foreign creditors.

The decree expires on Monday and the government is expected to issue a new decree to replace it.

"The bank holiday will be extended, until Friday or next Monday," one senior banker told Reuters.

Socrates

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #951 on: July 06, 2015, 09:29:24 am »
:)

http://live.reuters.com/Event/Greek_Debt_Crisis_4

Greece to extend bank holiday for at least a few more days - bankers

Greece's government plans to extend the closure of banks beyond Monday by at least a few more days, four banking sources said ahead of a meeting between bankers and the finance minister later on Monday.

Last week Greece issued a decree imposing capital controls and ordered banks to shut after the European Central Bank froze a vital financial lifeline following the breakdown of bailout talks between Athens and its foreign creditors.

The decree expires on Monday and the government is expected to issue a new decree to replace it.

"The bank holiday will be extended, until Friday or next Monday," one senior banker told Reuters.

Yes,  bank holidays to do the bail ins.  The Greeks are such patient people.  I don't think the bankers would get away with bank holidays and bail ins here in the USA.  Americans are not patient.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #952 on: July 06, 2015, 10:01:27 am »
^^^^^^^^^

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/9963b74c-219c-11e5-aa5a-398b2169cf79.html#axzz3f7jyR27W

GREEK BANKS PREPARE PLAN TO RAID DEPOSITS TO AVERT COLLAPSE

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #953 on: July 06, 2015, 10:11:46 am »
http://sjlendman.blogspot.com/

Stephen Lendman and X22 Report have been talking about the solution to Greece's woes for months.  They need to get away from the central bankers and their LOAAN SHARK WAYS----- AND TURN TO RUSSIA AND CHINA FOR HELP.  Remember--the central bankers are going to try to save their own butts---countries and people don't matter to them.  The central bankers do not want the weaker countries to also not pay their bills and exit the euro---a domino effect.  The central bankers do not want their scheme of raping countries to be destroyed.

MONDAY, JULY 06, 2015

"No" Supporters Win in Greece: Now What?

by Stephen Lendman

Sunday evening in Greece should have been time for celebrations. "No" votes won decisively with over a 61% majority.

Phony corporate media polls showed the "yes" camp prevailing - to discourage "no" supporters from voting as well as swing undecided ones to accept Troika demands.

At the same time, heavy-handed Troika and corporate media tactics bombarded Greeks with relentless fear-mongering, Big Lies and threats for voting "no."

It didn't work. In this respect, Sunday's vote was a huge triumph. Ordinary people had some say over their futures - a moment of democracy in an ocean of monied-controlled tyranny. Hold the cheers.

Greeks got the wrong choices -  either to accept most Troika austerity demands or all of them instead of up or down on accepting or rejecting them entirely.

Alexis Tsipras was elected on a mandate of ending austerity. He called it "unacceptable." Yet he largely surrendered to Troika demands and may entirely ahead (despite voters saying "no") in return for more impossible to repay odious debt - blood money slowly destroying Greece's economy along with euro entrapment overriding its sovereignty - hardly a cause for celebration.

What's ahead remains to be seen. For sure, punishing austerity will continue. Likely more will be added. Troika officials already are talking tough. Ignore what they say. Follow what they do.

The ECB governing council will meet Monday to decide if more support for Greek banks will be extended. France's Economy Minister Emmanuel Macron said "(i)f the No wins, it would be a historic mistake to crush the Greek people."

Former ECB president Jean-Claude Tricket called "(t)he probability of a catastrophe for the Greek people…high."

Germany's Angela Merkel heads to Paris Monday to discuss Sunday's results with France's Francois Hollande. Troika officials scotched prospects for emergency talks on Greece. One official said they "would not know what to discuss."

At the same time, Reuters reported the European Commission and EU executive meeting in Strasbourg on Tuesday - then briefing European Parliament members on what they discussed.

German Social Democrat (SPD) party deputy parliament head Axel Schaefer said "EU leaders must get together immediately, even on Monday. The situation is too serious to leave to finance ministers."

"You have to have confidence in the ability of the ECB to act. We must use all the possibilities in the EU budget to help Greece, which is still a member of the euro and the EU."

European Parliament president Martin Schulz was defiant saying a "no" vote means Greece "will have to introduce another currency because the euro will no longer be available for a means of payment."

Belgian Finance Minister Johan Van Overtveldt indicated the door remains open for further talks.

Eurogroup president/Dutch finance minister Jeroen Dijsselbloem said Greece jeopardized its currency union standing. There is no room for further talks.

German Vice Chancellor/Economic Affairs and Energy Minister Sigmar Gabriel said little chance remains for reaching compromise with Athens.

At the moment, things are in unchartered waters. Greece can't borrow in capital markets. Remaining trapped in the euro straightjacket prevents it from controlling its monetary and fiscal policies.

The obvious solutions aren't taken, no matter the intermediate term pain unavoidable on a path back to economic health. Euro strangulation is slowly killing Greece. It's destroying other weak European economies.

Nations can't operate effectively without full sovereign control over their affairs - notably monetary and fiscal policies. Euro membership denies it - letting Troika bandits run Greece's economy instead of its elected government.

The clear solution for Greece is renouncing its odious debt, exiting the Eurozone, turning East for help, and accepting Russia's invitation to become the sixth BRICS member with access to its New Development Bank (NBD) for financial help on equitable, not loan shark terms. Direct Russian and Chinese help is available on the same basis.

Instead, Tsipras said he's ready to resume negotiations with predatory creditors bent on looting Greece entirely.

"Our immediate priority is to restore our banking system's functioning & economic stability," he twittered."

Chief Greek negotiator Euclid Tsakalotos said referendum results make it easier to reach an agreement with creditors. Not at all. Troika bandits don't negotiate. They demand.

Yielding to one country means others to follow, weakening the euro system en route to ending it entirely at some point.

The Eurozone and EU are failed systems - exploitive so monied interests can benefit at the expense of ordinary people in return for benefits too inconsequential to matter.

Sunday's vote was important in one respect. It was a victory for resistance over powerful monied interests ruling the world destructively for their own anti-populist interests.

It's meaningless unless followed through with sustained refusal to accept continued predatory exploitation until it's eliminated altogether or weakened enough to end its one-sided dominant control.

Tsipras made it clear he intends reaching an agreement for more bailout help in return for greater austerity than already. Sunday's victory sadly looks pyrrhic. The wild card is how Greeks will react in response.

Offline Dude447

« Reply #954 on: July 06, 2015, 10:42:32 am »
The clear solution for Greece is renouncing its odious debt, exiting the Eurozone, turning East for help, and accepting Russia's invitation to become the sixth BRICS member with access to its New Development Bank (NBD) for financial help on equitable, not loan shark terms. Direct Russian and Chinese help is available on the same basis. If you are saying no then ditch the euro and and grab your country back ,it will be hard.

EvadingGrid

« Reply #955 on: July 06, 2015, 10:51:45 am »
The clear solution for Greece is renouncing its odious debt, exiting the Eurozone, turning East for help, and accepting Russia's invitation to become the sixth BRICS member with access to its New Development Bank (NBD) for financial help on equitable, not loan shark terms. Direct Russian and Chinese help is available on the same basis. If you are saying no then ditch the euro and and grab your country back ,it will be hard.

I agree

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #956 on: July 06, 2015, 11:01:02 am »

Yes it will be hard. 
  THE BANKERS DON'T CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE OR THE COUNTRY OF GREECE.  THEY JUST WANT THEIR SYSTEM OF RAPING COUNTRIES INTACT.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #957 on: July 06, 2015, 11:03:31 am »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-06/ecb-keep-greece-hold-until-wednesday-when-balyasny-sees-rioting-begin

ECB To Keep Greece On Hold Until Wednesday When Balyasny Sees Rioting Begin

As we have repeated since January, and certainly on numerous occasions over the weekend, at this point the only variable is what the ECB will do: will it give insolvent Greek banks more aid, or will it increase its ELA collateral haircut (or even withdraw it altogether), the ramifications of which action would have a dire impact on contagion within the rest of the periphery but most certainly on both the Greek financial system as well as Greek society which is now facing an indefinitely period of capital controls.

EvadingGrid

« Reply #958 on: July 06, 2015, 11:05:21 am »
  Yes it will be hard. 
  THE BANKERS DON'T CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE OR THE COUNTRY OF GREECE.  THEY JUST WANT THEIR SYSTEM OF RAPING COUNTRIES INTACT.

I am kind of worried just how desperate the reaction from the Evil Ones will be . . .

If they loose this battle, it will be a major loss of face, which would cause a serious weakening of there position.

How will they react ?
How far are they prepared to go ?
How evil are they ?

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #959 on: July 06, 2015, 11:17:55 am »
I am kind of worried just how desperate the reaction from the Evil Ones will be . . .

If they loose this battle, it will be a major loss of face, which would cause a serious weakening of there position.

How will they react ?
How far are they prepared to go ?
How evil are they ?

I think they are really scared that the euro and then then the dollar will lose their value.  The euro going much quicker than the dollar.  But maybe they are afraid the entire system is collapsing.  There is talk that they want to get THEIR one world currency going--that's what they are preparing.

They are also scared of BRICS and AIIB taking their game away from them.

How evil are they?  Well, as Lendman and X22 report have said, they don't care about countries or people....they are typical psychopaths.

http://www.kcra.com/health/28226628

The 18 signs of a psychopath---slideshow

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyclay/2013/01/05/the-top-10-jobs-that-attract-psychopaths/

The Top 10 Jobs That Attract Psychopaths

1. CEO
2. Lawyer
3. Media (Television/Radio)
4. Salesperson
5. Surgeon
6. Journalist
7. Police officer
8. Clergy person
9. Chef
10. Civil servant